Tein Street Flex now in stock and shipping from Heeltoeauto.com!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Tein Street Flex now in stock and shipping from Heeltoeauto.com!

Hi folks, we just listed the Street Flex for sale on Heeltoeauto.com as Tein has these ready to go now. We are offing free shipping for a limited time only so jump on this NOW:

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/product.php?productid=66212

The canned promo copy is this:
"The Street Flex damper is the evolution of the popular Type Flex coilover. Developed to provide the ultimate balance of comfort and performance for both street driving and circuit use, along with wide-range damping force adjustment using our new Advance Needle technology and new damper valving specs, giving the driver a much more noticeable feel in damping force change and controllability. The shortened shell case design provides optimum damper stroke at lower than standard vehicle ride height. Full-length adjustability offers separate spring preload and ride height adjustment. Updated internal components and external coatings increase durability and product life. Includes Pillowball Upper Mounts (camber adjustable for strut type applications) and is compatible with the EDFC and EDFC Active systems."

Basically this means Tein has a kit with similar features as lesser cost Chinese or Taiwanese built kits. Upper mounts, full length adjustment, etc. They have also lengthened the rear stroke/springs to give a fantastic ride even when lowered to the maximum (unlike the Street Basis/Advance whose ride degrades when you drop to their limits). For performance this kit will be a great improvement over stock, but not as racy as the normal Flex. Toss in EDFC compatibility and the kit is a no-brainer for the sporting commuter or the street enthusiast. For the price it is a great quality kit we know will provide many miles of smiles.

Hit me up for details and discussion as needed. Marcus, 949-295-1668

A full review is coming soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:52 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 03-14-2013, 04:36 AM
oops is that your face?

Received 113 Likes on 92 Posts
more money = better than street advance????
Old 03-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cazio
more money = better than street advance????
It comes with pillow upper mounts, you can use the EDFC with it, and it has full length adjustment meaning it rides better when you are set really low.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 146 Posts
Any shipping deals today on tein SA and sway bar? thanks. Shipping to 75201, office building

Last edited by Chad05TL; 06-12-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
how has the feedback been about the new street flex? any of you running the street flex and can compare with street advance (real world feedback, i already understand the differences on paper). i currently have tein ss on a 2" drop but am looking to upgrade my coilovers. just deciding between flex and advance models, trying to keep my setup as forgiving as possible for when my wife is riding in my car!

also here's a thread link to the mentioned edfc active kit that i installed and hopefully it can help other members understand the system and how great it is:

https://acurazine.com/forums/tires-w...review-923959/
Old 09-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chad05TL
Any shipping deals today on tein SA and sway bar? thanks. Shipping to 75201, office building
Check this out: Today only! https://www.heeltoeauto.com/xcms_ent...cmsentryid=179
Old 09-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sockr1
how has the feedback been about the new street flex? any of you running the street flex and can compare with street advance (real world feedback, i already understand the differences on paper). i currently have tein ss on a 2" drop but am looking to upgrade my coilovers. just deciding between flex and advance models, trying to keep my setup as forgiving as possible for when my wife is riding in my car!

also here's a thread link to the mentioned edfc active kit that i installed and hopefully it can help other members understand the system and how great it is:

https://acurazine.com/forums/tires-w...review-923959/
The Street FLEX-Z is still very new...have not had any feedback from customers yet on the FLEX-Z. Not running myself...yet. My car actually is not running ATM!

The Street Flex, personally, I love. They ride great due to a longer stroke in the rear. They have very good body control, and combined with some sway bars will make a great part-time performance kit, such as at track days. I literally drive 1000 mile road trips, track days, and drop kids off at school all at one setting.

Thanks for your link!
Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

PS, for more info on the FLEX-Z, see here:
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/the-tein...lications.html

There are only a FEW Street Flex kits within our grasp there still! They are all being replaced.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
PS, for more info on the FLEX-Z, see here:
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/the-tein...lications.html

There are only a FEW Street Flex kits within our grasp there still! They are all being replaced.
i was reading up on the flex-z last night, but didn't see an application for the TL. why are they phasing out the remaining street flex kits? is there anything wrong with them?

i'm curious to see the flex-z price (if it comes out on our platform), because from what i read it sounds like they changed manufacturing processes to make it cheaper so i may just wait to see what that cost is
Old 09-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sockr1
i was reading up on the flex-z last night, but didn't see an application for the TL. why are they phasing out the remaining street flex kits? is there anything wrong with them?

i'm curious to see the flex-z price (if it comes out on our platform), because from what i read it sounds like they changed manufacturing processes to make it cheaper so i may just wait to see what that cost is
Yes unfortunately they have not released any details about that yet. Look at the TSX kit we have on our site. I expect the pricing would be the same or similar.
The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (09-24-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

Hi Marcus,
I'm leaning towards the Flex right now because it keeps the same shock travel, but my concern is the "top hat" area...with the Street Advance I could use my OEM top hats which include rubber components, but the Street Flex has aluminum top hats. Do the aluminum top hats translate jolts/bumps/uneven surfaces harshly to the passengers?

I don't track my car, it's my daily driver, but I have a decent amount of performance mods and like to drive spirited when my wife isn't in the car.
Can I get your overall thoughts on what you think of the Flex and its benefits over the Street Advance?

on a related note, i talked to tein and they said the street flex z won't be available for the TL for a while. the only change between the flex and the flex z is that the flex z cannot be rebuilt, but rather has a component that you can just switch out...so essentially no down time (plug and play "rebuild", no service needed)
Old 10-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry, keeps the same travel as... ?

The Street Flex has metal upper mounts, same as stock. The harshness you are concerned about comes from the type of shaft mount is in the upper mount. The Street Flex has a rubber bushing, just like stock. They are a little firmer than stock, but ultimately this is not going to add any discomfort to you or your passengers.

The Street Flex is a little more tractable due to the full-length adjustment. I was happiest with my Street Flex with about 1/4" of preload on the rear spring. The Street Advance won't allow this without raising the rear, and throwing off the weight distribution.

The Street Flex also has slightly firmer springs which will handle your spirited driving better, yet the valving of the dampers and the total rear stroke allows for a compliant ride over many surfaces.

I. Love. Mine.

Yes, the Flex Z will not be made for some time, but that is ok. The Street Flex is a great kit to run and I'd not wait for the lower cost version to come. The servicing aspect is an attraction to the Flex-Z, but at the same time the need to service these parts over time is pretty minimal. They last for quite a long time before needing a rebuild.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Sorry, keeps the same travel as... ?

The Street Flex has metal upper mounts, same as stock. The harshness you are concerned about comes from the type of shaft mount is in the upper mount. The Street Flex has a rubber bushing, just like stock. They are a little firmer than stock, but ultimately this is not going to add any discomfort to you or your passengers.

The Street Flex is a little more tractable due to the full-length adjustment. I was happiest with my Street Flex with about 1/4" of preload on the rear spring. The Street Advance won't allow this without raising the rear, and throwing off the weight distribution.

The Street Flex also has slightly firmer springs which will handle your spirited driving better, yet the valving of the dampers and the total rear stroke allows for a compliant ride over many surfaces.

I. Love. Mine.

Yes, the Flex Z will not be made for some time, but that is ok. The Street Flex is a great kit to run and I'd not wait for the lower cost version to come. The servicing aspect is an attraction to the Flex-Z, but at the same time the need to service these parts over time is pretty minimal. They last for quite a long time before needing a rebuild.
i meant the full length adjustment not the shock travel
thanks for the response back, this is exactly the feedback i was looking for! i agree the flex z aspect isn't something worth waiting for especially since i haven't had to service my tein ss at all.

i just got a response back from Tein as well and they said the flex would give overall more comfort range in the ride since the full length adjustment doesn't load/unload the spring.

looks like i'll go with the street flex. thanks again for your thoughts!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Awesome! Please let us know when you are ready and we will get you all set
The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (10-06-2015)