AEM Cold Air Intake - ATLP, Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
AEM V2 CAI-Excelerate, MrHeelToe
Fujita Cold Air Intake - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
Injen Cold Air Intake - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
K & N Cold Air Intake - MrHeeltoe, Excelerate
K & N High Flow Air Filter - MrHeeltoe, Excelerate
Weapon R Short Ram - Ebay
Big Brake Kits:
-Rotora Big Brake Kit - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
-Stoptech Big Brake Kit - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
-FastBrakes WilWood Big Brake Kit - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
- Brembo Big Brake Kit - Excelerate
-Skunk2 Front Camber kit - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
-Ingalls Front and Rear Camber Kits - Excelerate, MrHeeltoe
This is a work in progress, if anything is missing from the post, please post it's category and product name.
Also I won't be adding ANY links because people need to search and see what the product is and how it works so they can understand it all rather than just see, click and buy.
As well please do not post questions such as which one part is better or which one will give more power per dollar, please use the search function and learn about the modifications that are being performed on your car.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
2013 TL Advance 3.5L
2010 Honda Accord EX - Basque Red/Ivory lOE Fog Lightsl
2006 BMW 760Li - Alpine White/Ebony-Ivory Two Tone lMud-Guardsl426WHP/430WTQ V12l
This one is still be worked but has been shown to add torque. Listed are all the parts needed from the Honda/Acura Dealer as well as the BMW alternative. If you do not mill the spacer, you may need to use some 2mm washers to space the hood.
Folks, just a reminder. This thread is not intended for you to ask questions about specific performance parts e.g. "will this work on my TL?". Rather, its intent is to inform everyone what performance parts are out there in one thread without clutter and off topic conversations. Some posts have been deleted in an effort to keep this thread on topic.
I didn't want to start a new thread but I'm not entirely sure if I should post this in here either. If I am out of line please let me know but I see that it's not locked so who knows!
I too was going to post pros, cons, prices, links, but then decided this should be just a look up list and not an end all informative list. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to our vendors.
This is truly a work in progress. If you all remember something big, something small, please PM me and I'll see if a mod can add it to the list.
- jpipe(rv6, xlr8, atlp)
- pre cat deletes or high flows pre cat (rv6, xlr8, atlp)
- catback exhaust (rv6, xlr8, altp, greddy, comptech, tsudo)
- cold air intake (aem, dc)
- tb or im spacers & gaskets (p2r, outlaw)
- unorthodox racing pulley (crank | lightweight stock or under drive)
- p2r port and polished intake runners
- comptech supercharger
- j&r turbo kit
- water / meth kit
- type-s lightweight cams (for non type-s)
- aspec lip kit (front, sides, rear | type-s rear upgrade for better exhaust options on base models; requires cutting)
- tint & moleskin (3m, llumar, formula1, huper | reg, metallic, ceramic | rear quarter windows & rear-brake light | moleskin!)
- wheels (type-s waffles, aspec hotness, aftermarkets)
- blacked out headlights and or angel eyes (really custom mod here)
- blacked out or type-s tailights & or sidemarkers (really custom mod here)
- accord fog lights (go oem here)
- roof spoiler
- body matched or aftermarket front grille (really custom mod here)
- drop (coilovers, shocks/springs | comptech, h&r, eibach, neuspeed, koni, ht-spec, tein, )
- rear sway bar (progress, 6spd bar swap for you autos)
- short shifter/weighted knob/endlink bushings (comptech, maven, corsport, ht-spec | do it all at once)
- front sway bar (type-s, h&r)
- bbk 'big brake kit' (racing brake, wilwood, rotora, fastbrakes, brembo swap, rl swap)
- upgraded rotors and pads (rb, hawk, cmax golds, stoptech, powerslot...)
- type-s tophats & bushings
- camber kit (if needed | ingalls, skunk2, comptech)
Misc & DIY mods
- LEDs (interior & exterior | footwell | floodlights)
- zkw projector lense upgrade
- slave cylinder check valve delete
- door lock shave mod
- interior door lock height mod
- hacked navigation
- stainless steel brake lines w/ good fluid (racing brake, fastbrakes, xlr8 | motul 5.1, castrol srf)
- gm syncromesh tranny fluid (if 6psd)
- supercomputer pedals
- window rollup mod
- tb bypass mod
- intake resonator removal mod (if not going the cai route)
- ultimate cooling mod (this does inhibit effeciency of the ac unit I believe)
- moonroof visor (oem or nothing)
- window visors (oem or nothing)
- oem trunk tray & all weather floor mats
- upgrade to HID in fogs (lower and upper if applicable)
- auto tranny cooler (for non type-s autos)
- newer '07+ side mirrors with blinkers
- supercomputer illuminated door sills
- retrofitted type-s gauge bezel (think im one of the very few on here with this)
- sound proofing (cld, mlv, cff)
- drl foglight mod ('04-'06)
- $67 tip mod (double-walled dual tips for non type-s bumpers)
- ipod integration
- stage 1, 2, 3, 4 exhausts mods (careful, do your jpipe/precat stuff first)
- stainless steel clutch line (supposedly for more precise clutch engagement)
- retrofitted switchblade keys
- upgraded clutch (clutchmasters, j&r, xlr8)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maharajamd For This Useful Post:
hi guys i have acura tl 04. just got ct supercharger installed with aem fic. it got tuned but only got 3.5 psi and 240 whp. now the problem is when i start car it takes awhile for it to turn engine on. and when it does get turned on the engine light turns on. so the shop said to take off negative part of battery off for 30 seconds and engine light will disappear. it works but then when i hit 6000 rpm supercharger screams but engine light blinks on and off. any suggestions from fellow tl owners with superchargers. i feel shop tuned it wrong.
Hi I am new to this forum I have one question does anyone know where I can get a turbo exhaust manifold for pretty cheap I spent way too much on this project so far and the manifold is the last thing I need to complete this project
I just got an 2006 acura tl mt 3.2 silver with black interior with 83k miles for 12k..
So I have some questions about performance and I'm really hoping you guys can break it down for me to understand better . (I have been reading over the forum for some time now)
#1 what makes my car different from a type a performance wise ?
#2 for long term performance upgrade what is the best way to start ? I usually put cai on my cars , I'm intersected In a jpipe but will it cause my car to not smog ?
The whole mdx tb and intake manifold thing seems confusing too , is it worth it ? Just basically can someone break the performance stuff down to a newb ? I don't want to have to buy something then take it off or have it be the wrong thing In the long run .
#3 has to do with audio. My car doesn't have nav, and from what I'm understanding the aftermarket kit for the car is fairly new and takes away some features . I don't care about Xm . It would be nice to keep the steering wheel controls and blue tooth hands free link . I see people talking about pie or USA spec or dice . Will those keep my functions ? I don't care about Xm , I just wanna have USB charge/play for iPhone or any other phone I might get in the future . What if I want to upgrade the amps too , will the stock stereo work with aftermarket amps ?
Thanks guys this is my first post. I'll be sharing all my upgrades with you as all this goes
Hey there, Acurazine. I have been using the good ol' search engine to look for write-ups and other threads regarding these but just not having much luck. Is there a directory or website that lists such details?
Particularly, I want to learn more about putting the 2007/8 cams in my 2005 (what does this do and are they still available). I'm also curious about the same regarding the ported and polished intake "runners" (what are runners?).
I come from the custom Nissan world and still learning ... but the search just isn't turning up what I need to know. Any ideas, Acurazine? Thanks!
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Acurazine.com content, comments, or advertising. Acurazine.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Acurazine.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.