NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

NYC tint tickets... found guilty or dismissed???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Best investment ever tint ticket exempt sticker lol
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
Got another tint ticket. wooooo :C.
///Get//a//radar-laser//detector///

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
Got another tint ticket. wooooo :C.
I think you should really try to see if you can drive with your windows rolled all the way down in area where law enforcement officers will be roaming around.

Or you can check out this new SmartScan Adaptive Laser Tracking device I noticed from a magazine I was reading:

-the "Rocky Mountain Radar Detector"

Price: $129.99 + (a good investment)

http://www.rockymountainradar.com/

----------------------------------------

http://www.carwaves.com/?gclid=CO-72...FSUTNAodmncAcw

-This one is from Wal-Mart costing $45.00:

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...-Scan/14150395

These devices have new technology that can detect both radar and laser nearby you while traveling at the "speed of sound." Lol These tickets must be expensive...

All those summonses - radar/laser detector + "illegal" tints = wasted $$$. But radar/laser + "dark" tints = exempt from summonses.

Posted from Acurazine.com App for Android
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just on Tuesday i rolled around queens for the first time in about 4 months, and got pulled over as soon as i got off Rockaway blvd exit. pulled me over for tints... (windows were already half-dropped), followed some simple tips from above, and flash my military id and he just gave me a warning. i notice its only in qnz they mess with me... not much at all out here in the bx
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Cookie N Cream TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first time you go to court for tints the judge dismisses it but if you try to go back for a tint ticket they won't dismiss it because you tried to pull that excuse before, always roll your windows down all the way or if you don't want to roll down your windows leave the sunroof open , I had my tl front 20% and back 5%. The back windows can be as dark as you want. Any cop that tries to give you a ticket for back windows is full of shit because alot of cops told me I can have the back as dark as I want it's just the driver and passenger side that can't be too dark. PBA cards do work you just need to know how to use it. When you taking out your license put the PBA card behind it and they will ask you who do you know and then let you slide. Never hand the cop the PBA card always put it behind the license so they can be surprised

P.S.... Tint tickets here are 90 dollars each so getting two tickets is 180. That's alot of money

Last edited by ishtl; 08-09-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcepticus
You're out of luck. Cop will show up because he/she will be summoned for a court date just like you to traffic court, unless it's his/her vacation week. Otherwise, get ready to go head on with your story.

70% tint and above is legal in NYC, so why don't you go that way. And if you have a 2012 PBA card from a Policer Officer in your family or as a friend, that'll save you from the summons/ticket if your demeanor at the car stop is decent. The officer has to honor the PBA card as long as you're respectful and card has all the required information that ought to be on the back of it.

The officer will certainly use his/her discretion if you're nice when he/she requests driver's license, registration and insurance. NEVER SAY WHAT DID I DO WHEN YOU INDEED ARE AWARE OF WHAT YOU DID. Just be an adult and not a "teenager." lol

***Tips:

-Always make sure officer's name is where it says: Issued by,

-That your own name is where it says: Issued to,

-Officer's shield# and precinct are noted on the back of the current year PBA card.

-And that officer's phone# is legibly written in case he/she needs to verify if that card is in the right hand.

***And oh, KEEP it next to or with your driver's license...

$$$ One last thing, if the officer is your family member or a very good friend, he/she'll make sure you get whatever else he/she feels like giving you to make it complete.

Posted from Acurazine.com App for Android
Hey I just got pulled over . Honest mistake I handed them the wrong ID, I gave them my fiancés expired permit and he gave me (her) a ticket for unlicensed driver and another for tints . Since I was the driver can I fight the ticket . I mean he should have checked my identification properly right? Or will I potentially get in trouble for my mistake ?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:30 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
If your fiance is female, how could the cop not know you gave him the wrong ID. The charge would fall on you. And once you got the ticket, you didn't notice he ticketed the wrong person? You could have at least showed him your proper ID. He would have run everything thoroughly and wrote a ticket against you instead.

Now you're fiance is going to have to go to court, not only will she have to pay but she will get points (insurance hike) and I doubt very much anyone is going to believe your story unless there is really good proof.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nyc tint

Originally Posted by Slick Rik
I got a tint ticket last Thursday in queens ( I should of just came home, instead I chose to go see some family) anyway, supposedly nypd cut me a break and only gave me a ticket for one window. I couldn't be that mad, I got away with it 3 times before. So I'm asking if anyone ever got a summons for their tints? What was the outcome? Guilty or dismissed? Did you ever remove your tints or did you take the gamble and try to get away with it once again? What were the court fees? Did the cop show up? How was the judge? Thoughts? Comments? Questions?
In NYC cops are only allowed to give ticket for windshield and driver and passegnger side windows. Back and side winnow can me tint 0% if wanted to be. If you go to court for the tint ticket judge must throw out windshield ticket because there is no proof to say he measured the window with the tint monitor cause you can't fit meter on windshield. Also a doctor note does not work " unless cop is a real restart" only thing that works is Mv-80w which you receive from dmv and has to be filled out by doctor. And then you can put 5 percent all around your car if you wanted to.