New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Rough start to the ownership of my first Acura RDX

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 02:45 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rough start to the ownership of my first Acura RDX

Hey Folks - just picked up used 2013 RDX - seems like an awesome SUV except for one not-so-minor issue that I did not notice on my test drive.

I am cursed with the transmission judder problem around 1.5k RPM - annoying as can be.
I brought it to an Acura dealer to have them perform Service Bulletin 16-043 - that did not help at all.
Not sure what to do next - theoretically a software fix is in the works but if doing the triple flush of ATF (as specified in 16-043) didn't work then I'm not sure a software fix is going to work either.

Otherwise i couldn't be happier with the RDX - still, the tranny and/or torque converter issue really sucks
Old 01-06-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Did you buy from an Acura dealer? And/or is it still under original warranty? Hopefully yes on both counts so that they can go ahead and get that fixed up for you.

Welcome!
Old 01-06-2017, 12:26 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Did you buy from an Acura dealer? And/or is it still under original warranty? Hopefully yes on both counts so that they can go ahead and get that fixed up for you.

Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome!

Nope did not buy from a dealer, bought it at an independent (well reviewed) but it is still under Acura warranty.

I called the Acura dealer and they want me to bring it back for another test drive with the tech. They said the Service Bulletin should have fixed it and the Tech's solo test drive after the fix felt good.
So we'll see. So far dealer has been really responsive.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Gumball Rally Special

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Sorry to hear about that problem, best of luck to you with figuring it out. Regardless, welcome to the club we're glad to have you!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:27 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Lie-Low
Sorry to hear about that problem, best of luck to you with figuring it out. Regardless, welcome to the club we're glad to have you!

Thanks! Still really like the RDX overall - hopefully we can figure this out.
The following users liked this post:
Lie-Low (01-06-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 PM
4th Gear

Got an update on that Judder problem - Acura is working on a software "fix". My Acura Maint Manager said the fix will move the judder to around 800RPM, vs 1500RPM. So I guess that means the Judder will occur just when pulling off from a dead stop (which is a ton better than having it happen when cruising down country roads)