New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

NOOB here '97 2.2CL

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:51 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOOB here '97 2.2CL

Good morning all,

My name is Aaron and i am new here. I just bought my first Acura. I have been working on cars for nearly 20 years and have owned a plethora of makes and models. some were fun some were junk some just served a purpose.
I recently bought a 1997 Acura 2.2 CL. its a manual trans all stock when purchased. it has 305k on the odometer. I bought it with front end damage with the intent to just simply have a decent commuter car once fixed. Well with that said i got a bit of the bug and have found that i really enjoy the car.
I have currently done the following mods. (i wont call them all upgrades but i'm learning)
I also would like to say this a very budget build. not a show car or a racecar but rather more of a toy that saves me on gas going to work.

ebay short ram intake ( factory one was cracked and the aftermarket one was cheaper)
ebay header, downpipe, and cat delete new cat back coming now that i know the Accord one will work.
new upper control arms lower ball joints outer tie rod ends and CV axles
all new struts and ebay coil overs (if coil overs are only 50 bucks there is a reason.) the car sits low but it rides terrible and the amount of adjustment is minimal. I will be working on making some modifications to make the cheap coil overs work better. my old struts and a welder and im gonna see what happens........
17x7 wheels with 40mm offset and 4 brand new 205/40/17 tires.
memphis 12" sub with matching amp and a kenwood deck nothing fancy just a decent setup for good listening.
smoked out front turn signals.

Thats it for now. I have to get the body work finished and figure out what color and style im going to paint it.

Future plans:

camber kit
cat back exhaust
modified rear coilovers and maybe the fronts as well.
prelude shifter
removing the non working cruise control and cleaning up under the hood.
stuffing interior panels with foam to deaden all the rattles from the stereo

Way far future
might put a f22 on the engine stand or an h22 if one falls in my lap
if i find a motor then i will be building for a turbo and from there who knows were i will end up...........
Old 03-18-2017, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple pics as of today

should have put these in the OP....
Attached Thumbnails NOOB here  '97 2.2CL-acura2.jpg   NOOB here  '97 2.2CL-acura4.jpg   NOOB here  '97 2.2CL-acura3.jpg