New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New Member, New Acura Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 31 Posts
New Member, New Acura Owner

Good Morning! I’m a new Acura owner. Just bought a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD with the Technology and Advance options. I wasn’t looking for this particular car. I wanted a 2012-2014 TL SH-AWD in Black with Brown Leather Seats. I wanted to drive one before I pulled the trigger. The local Acura Dealership had a 2012 TL SH-AWD on the lot. so, I went down to the local Acura Dealer, fair guys, I had Purchased a 2004 RSX Type S from them. Wish I would have never sold that car, more to that story.

Anyhow, I go down and test drive the car. I really like it, but it’s a white car, I really want a black car. Here’s the catch, it’s a local trade in with a hair over 25K miles. The sales manager offers me the car out the door, no extra charges, $23,900.00. The car is certified, and has a bit of the warranty left.

I end up buying it, cars like this don’t come along everyday. I get home, and find the original sales contract and sticker in the glove box. The car stickered for over $45K, was sold for a little over $43K. I call the previous owners. He’s 79, she's 78. They sold the car because they were having problems getting in and out of the car, it’s too low.

I’ve owned a 1994 LS 400, 1998 GS430, and 2008 ES350. I’ve also owned a 1998 M3. I’ll post my thoughts on those cars compared to the TL later.

The white is growing on me. I think it’s just a function of the car being a really fine piece of machinery.
Attached Thumbnails New Member, New Acura Owner-img_2049.jpg  
Old 12-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Nice ride! Yeah white over black all the time. Black is a PITA to keep clean. White is one of the best colors to have that doesn't show much if you get any scuffs and small scratches. Plus you won't have to wash it all the time. I had a black car in the past, they look great clean. But after driving it once it gets dirty and shows quite a bit.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:13 AM
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 31 Posts
I owned a 1988 Supercharged MR2, Black on Black. You're right, when it's clean and shiny, it's CLEAN. But keeping it clean and shiny is the long pole in the tent.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:05 AM
Gumball Rally Special

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Great purchase man! I hope you enjoy your ride and welcome to the forums!