New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

04 TL 6MT - Rhode Island

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:46 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 04 TL 6MT - Rhode Island

Hi guys. So I guess I should have done this post first

Anyhow, I've been using this website since I started using my wife's 04 Acura TL 6-Speed as a daily a couple weeks ago.
I had a Daytona Blue 350Z 6MT, used to be very quick! Then I got married, and a year later (2014) ended up having my first son and had to get rid of the Z :-/
Ended up trading for my current TL (had 170K at the time), because it was the only 4 door manual available for trade in the last 3 months before due date. Dealerships were only trying to give me $2,000 for the Z on trade-ins, and the car was beautiful with only 90K on it!!
The TL wasn't my ideal choice, so I ended up saving some money and buying myself an 05 Dodge Magnum SXT. I baby the Magnum more the Ferris Bueller's dad lol

Fast forward to June 2016, some douche bag BACKING out of a driveway unto a main street ended up hitting me from the front driver's side corner. And since his company (some Generic insurance co) is trying to do 50/50 liability when my company (progressive) is totally denying liability, my lawyer told me it could be a year or 2 before it's settled.. So we're using this year's tax return, to get my wife a 2010 Accord MT. So I posted the TL up for sale, and I started daily-ing it a couple weeks ago... and now I'm totally regretting posting it, the TL is growing on me!
I'm going to keep it as my toy car. Thing is pretty quick.

I bought the parts I need to fix the body. There's one more potential buyer, after that I am pulling the ad, and starting to fix the body. I did (I assume) over $500 worth of suspension work today; I will find out tomorrow exactly what got changed and what's the total so far. Only because I am planning to take it back after the weekend to get more work done. Come to think of it, I am going to go ahead and pull the ad right now
Old 02-24-2017, 12:03 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics

When we first got both cars.
How the TL sits now.

Perfect rims (for size and price) to go meaty.
Not a chrome guy at all (this was before I dipped them black)

Plastidipped a custom green color. Loved this color!
It's a hate it or love it color.

Went to flat white
Biggest mistake!
The dip got stained real quick because I didn't keep up with the washes smh 🤦🏻♂️
How it sits now.
Pic from Tuesday.