New England Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island & Vermont

Remote Start Installers in Eastern MA

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Remote Start Installers in Eastern MA

Can anyone recommend a place to install a remote start, eastern MA?
I heard many horror stories and I want to make sure they have done it before on RL
Old 12-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
I dont want this done but always been curious how this works without the perimeter key close by...subscribed
Old 12-20-2016, 08:18 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
I went ahead and moved this into the regional forum where some members probably have an experienced installer they can refer you to. When I was looking, I went for a large reputable shop that has been around for awhile (ABT electronics in Chicago) where I knew I could get plenty of post install support. I also requested an installer who had worked on new Acuras before and after a lengthy conversation with him, I felt more comfortable. It might also be worth a shot calling your local dealer, they usually don't have anyone in house to install these things, but they can send you to their third party installer that they use on their vehicles. Hopefully some members have a similar experience or can refer you to someone in your area! Thanks and good luck with the install!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if you got one yet. I got mine done on my 08 RDX at Krank It Up in Medford. Good price, clean and timely work. I know several people who have had work done there and have nothing but good things to say.

Krank It Up - Car Audio & Electronics

For the key issue, they install a bypass module near the ignition. This clones your key and allows the car to start, other places may use a valet placed near by key as a work around.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks