Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Anyone in the Indianapolis area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Pz_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I didn't know about it either, I totally would have went if I knew.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cjTL
I've seen your TSX there sir! And as a matter of fact, I parked next to it a couple weeks ago.

Looks clean. Small world.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:02 AM
5th Gear

Just registered. Will be checking in from time to time, but don't spend too much time posting. We just purchased our second CPO Acura over the weekend. Thanks and look forward to checking in from time to time.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Ah...another Fishers resident! Welcome!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:03 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Ah...another Fishers resident! Welcome!!
I do believe the Acura is the "unofficial vehicle" of Fishers...I see at least 6-10 MDX's daily on my commute down Olio road.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Tifosi27
I do believe the Acura is the "unofficial vehicle" of Fishers...I see at least 6-10 MDX's daily on my commute down Olio road.
I sold mine and bought a CTS-V. I needed more speed!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Im from the fort wayne area, dont see to many 3g's.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:45 PM
UA6 NPB!!!!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by callahan
Im from the fort wayne area, dont see to many 3g's.
i was visiting a buddy in the fort wayne area a couple weeks. I saw only one other TL in the parking lot of Early Bird's
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Cruisin'

Sup! I live right here in Fishers also!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Where Did My Garage Go?!!

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
man lots of fishers people here.....you guys should set up a meet up there. Ill make the trek from Bloomington
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

They probably just hit the local IndyCarz meets? lol

There is always the South Side as well....Tru Motorsports, Dog n Suds, ect.

Then you can hit Cars and Coffee on Sunday as well. There are lots of meets happening in Indy.....

Actually....if you are good at Beer Pong...there is a callout right now - Indy vs Bloomington. I think they intend on having a tounament soon...lol.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-15-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:47 AM

4 years in a fraternity left me pretty good at beer pong haha...

I prefer to stick to the Acurazine Exclusive meets, too lazy to drive up to Indy to see other random people I dont see on the forums
Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by lucnex
4 years in a fraternity left me pretty good at beer pong haha...

I prefer to stick to the Acurazine Exclusive meets, too lazy to drive up to Indy to see other random people I dont see on the forums
Issue is...that would end up being 3-5 guys standing around in a parking lot at best..lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:06 AM

Good point. Well we should all go to one of those meets then....this way we get the Acurazine touch
Old 07-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Relatively new owner here...08 KBP. Live in Nora and work DT Indy.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indpendant Service Shop(s)

I live on the Northside of Indy. Who do you guys use for service and installing mods? Dealers and Independants. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM

^^ Install everything yourself...save money....ask members for help if you need it...
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Raconteur and Provocateur

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Indy04TL
I live on the Northside of Indy. Who do you guys use for service and installing mods? Dealers and Independants. Thanks!
Perhaps surprisingly, I've had good luck with Ed Martin Acura handling my Legend (just got the TL, so not much done yet). They've installed aftermarket rotors and pads and rear sway bar. I've also used the guys at Indy Tire on 86th near Zionsville Road. They've done Koni shocks and few other things for me. Then again, I do some things myself.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
+1. The guys at Ed Martin are good people. I'd certainly trust them.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 AM

Dont go to Hubler Acura....they suck and will try anything possible to rip you off...
The following users liked this post:
Indy04TL (08-09-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Indy04TL
Ok....so you have asked the million dollar question and being I own a local forum in Indy....I can probably answer that for you...lol.

Performance Driven LLC (Brian, the owner is a personal friend...tell him I sent you, he should treat you right)

Asylum Motorworks off Bash Road if you are looking to have some customizing done....its their forte.

Indy Sound and Performance in Castleton (new shop...good guys)

Extreme Sound and Performance in Noblesville

As for Hubler....I have used them in the past and have heard they are "mod friendly" ie....superchargers are ok....go to Ed Martin with a supercharger installed on your car and see how quick they blacklist you on your warrantee nationwide....they guy who bought my car made that mistake....and fact is....they are greatly to blame for his motor eventually blowing up due to installed the WRONG plugs on a supercharged car? Duh! Then he drove it to Florida....resulting in blown engine shortly upon arrival back to Indy. But to be honest...I never took my car to Hubler...just had tires mounted there on rims.

Body Work - Connans Paint and Body in Zionsville...wont get a better quality job anywhere....

Where to stay away from on Body:

Church Brothers - lets just say it took them about 4 attempted times to return my car only for me to point out the NUMEROUS flaws where they did not do their job correctly.

Borkowski - after having SEVERAL cars in there....lets just say they "short sheet the bed" in most all instances. Have a Lexus with a rusting roofline from where they did hail damage repair, repainted the roof (along with a LOT of the car) replaced the windshield, and now I have rust bubbling up from below where they scratched the body replacing the windshield, and didnt bother to repaint or prime it apparently prior to installing the windshield...so here I am a year or two later with rust eminating from that same channel upwards onto my roof line. Thats just ONE story. Caddy...charged insurance company to replace a lot of shit...then just did a simple dentless paint repair leaving all the aluminum clad door frames with dings in it. Impala SS....didnt replace the hood when I told them that was what needed to be done...they could "fix it". They did. Being the hood is a high vibration item....a year later it was cracked bondo and they had to re-do it. Acura TL....they did a repair from a deer running out into the door of my car....basically all they did was chase the dent from one side of my door to the other and tried to return it to me as fixed. Needless to say....I didnt accept.

I am kind of a real stickler on quality of repairs and doing things right. I notice EVERYTHING. I am most shops worst nightmare if they dont do things right and with quality workmanship and parts.
Indy04TL (08-09-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by cjTL
+1. The guys at Ed Martin are good people. I'd certainly trust them.
I wouldnt. They suck ass.

See post above.

If you are into getting your car blacklisted due to mods....take it to Ed Martin. Hell...I think there is another member on here that bought the supercharger off my old car (not from me) that had the same issue....they literally blamed everything he would bring in there on his mods and do nothing on warrantee.

Odd thing was...they never did that to me when I had it in there...but I was never dumb enough to return once I supercharged. But the other guy I was talking about in the above paragraph in this same post didnt have a supercharger at the time and they STILL blamed it on his mods.

I be very wary of taking your car to Ed Martin if it was modified beyond simple stuff, especially if you are still in warrantee.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Intermediate

Ok....so you have asked the million dollar question and being I own a local forum in Indy....I can probably answer that for you...lol.

What is your local forum? IHP?
Ever used Langfords?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
I'm in Castleton.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by m3clubracer

What is your local forum? IHP?
Ever used Langfords?
No....IC...the big one.

I am Daddy IC on there...previously Indy CTS-V before I sold it.

I've never used Langfords....cant tell you anything about that one.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:49 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Heads up!

We are having a meet tonight at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries at 82nd and Allisonville Avenue in Castleton....just behind the eyeglass place, essentially across 82nd Street from White Castle if your familiar with the area! All are welcome to attend! Starts at 7P. Should be an excellent mix of cars there. If we're lucky...the member with the Panos will come...he's showed at the last three meets.

Here is link to the information:

Oh...forget it...cant embed a link in here as my local site is apparently a threat to this big national bohemuth and has been censored! lol I'm flattered frankly! lol

Come on out guys and enjoy some 5 guys food on Friday the 16th!
5 Guys Burgers and Fries
5317 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis , IN 46250
Phone: 317-598-0013

Come on out guys....it is always a good time.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Heads up!

We are having a meet tonight at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries at 82nd and Allisonville Avenue in Castleton....just behind the eyeglass place, essentially across 82nd Street from White Castle if your familiar with the area! All are welcome to attend! Starts at 7P. Should be an excellent mix of cars there. If we're lucky...the member with the Panos will come...he's showed at the last three meets.

Here is link to the information:

Oh...forget it...cant embed a link in here as my local site is apparently a threat to this big national bohemuth and has been censored! lol I'm flattered frankly! lol

Come on out guys and enjoy some 5 guys food on Friday the 16th!
5 Guys Burgers and Fries
5317 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis , IN 46250
Phone: 317-598-0013

Come on out guys....it is always a good time.

Man I wish I would have checked this earlier...I live right down the street...would have been there for sure!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JoeyDiamonds
Man I wish I would have checked this earlier...I live right down the street...would have been there for sure!
Same, I got my TL like a week before this...reading it now just makes me want some 5 guys...the burgers
JoeyDiamonds (04-16-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
From Fort Wayne area - there for the summer months when school isn't in session and am down in Bloomington during the school year!

Don't see much down here in Bloomington that I would guess would be anywhere on this board except for a white TL with some nice rims, dropped, and a few other upgrades.. always have kept my eye out for it while on campus but never have seen it again.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Advanced

After scrolling through here looks like I musta been checking out lucnex's ride. Nice car man!
lucnex (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by JordanTSX
After scrolling through here looks like I musta been checking out lucnex's ride. Nice car man!
I think I actually saw your car on 12th when I was headed to the gym....especially after reading your signature...no other modded TL/TSXs around campus except for a member who started the IUAC (IU Auto Club)....pretty sure he lives in Carmel area I have met him once but the club kinda fell through and have not seen him lately.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Advanced

I think I actually saw your car on 12th when I was headed to the gym....especially after reading your signature...no other modded TL/TSXs around campus except for a member who started the IUAC (IU Auto Club)....pretty sure he lives in Carmel area I have met him once but the club kinda fell through and have not seen him lately.
Probably was me, I'm driving back and forth across campus a lot, and have friends that live right by you on the corner of 12th and lincoln. Black car, blacked grille, dark tints, dark rims. It's definitley the only modded TSX I've seen on campus.

Everyone's getting the CU2 TSX all of a sudden now on campus, I think I've seen like 5 today somehow out of nowhere after not seeing any for what felt like the entire year. There's a black TL-S that always grabs my attention around campus, real good looking car, kid that drives it mean mugged me hard at a gas station for just checking out his car. Seemed like a bit of a Dbag
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JordanTSX
Probably was me, I'm driving back and forth across campus a lot, and have friends that live right by you on the corner of 12th and lincoln. Black car, blacked grille, dark tints, dark rims. It's definitley the only modded TSX I've seen on campus.

Everyone's getting the CU2 TSX all of a sudden now on campus, I think I've seen like 5 today somehow out of nowhere after not seeing any for what felt like the entire year. There's a black TL-S that always grabs my attention around campus, real good looking car, kid that drives it mean mugged me hard at a gas station for just checking out his car. Seemed like a bit of a Dbag
Yea, especially with all the international students (mainly Asians) I have seen a ton of TSXs around.....I prefer the new TSX over the 4th Gen TL though, except I could get used to SH-AWD.....

Theres that black TL-S you saw and another 04-06 TL. The black TL-S looks pretty clean, especially with the paint matched grill. Not too heavy on the mods, and I have only seen a girl driving it once down 10th street....the other TL I see at the SRSC a lot. Its black, with powdercoated black oem 04-06 wheels, a black grill (with a blue behind where the Acura logo is), most likely 5% tints and vinyl overlays over the sidemarkers and tails. Looks like it may have been too dark to see at night though since one of the taillights is cracked on the drivers side...looks like he may have backed into something.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Ok guys, it's summertime! With the month of May being so busy, we decided to have a meet at the beginning of June. Friday, June 1st at 7pm!

Since last meet was on the SS, this meet is going to be on the NS

Steak 'n Shake
8157 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46256
317-842-5963

Hope to see you all there! They have been very hospitable and great service in the past.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey guys, I just agreed to a deal on a 2012 BRPII TL SH-AWD Tech at Ed Martin. You can read the specifics in the 4G TL thread. I was wondering if anyone has a tint shop they can recommend in the NE Indy area (Fishers). Right now I'm thinking of getting quotes from Elite Auto Detailing on 82nd St (one of the owner's other companies did the windows in our house) or Xtreme Vehicle Designs (near 37 and 146th St). Cheers!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Raconteur and Provocateur

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DibbyD
Hey guys, I just agreed to a deal on a 2012 BRPII TL SH-AWD Tech at Ed Martin. You can read the specifics in the 4G TL thread. I was wondering if anyone has a tint shop they can recommend in the NE Indy area (Fishers). Right now I'm thinking of getting quotes from Elite Auto Detailing on 82nd St (one of the owner's other companies did the windows in our house) or Xtreme Vehicle Designs (near 37 and 146th St). Cheers!
I recommend Xtreme. They did my 08TL last year in 35% Lluminar and it has been great. There were issues on the forum with the rear door quarter panel glass, but they knew about that and did an outstanding job on it. I could not be happier with the result.
DibbyD (06-12-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey there from speedway!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Racer

We need to get another small meet together before this Winter season hits...
Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dont go to Hubler Acura....they suck and will try anything possible to rip you off...
This is true. Their incompetence at reassembling the heads on my NSX resulted in a blown motor and they would not step up. They just passed the buck and I had to eat an almost $12,000 repair bill.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Intermediate

South side Indianapolis

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Indianapolis area?