Model: CL
Price: $3100
Mileage: 235000
Color: Aegean Blue Pearl
Location (State/Prov): MI

1. Price: $3,100 OBO
2. Mileage: 235,500
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Manual, Non-Navi
4. Reason for selling: Have 2 other cars, just no need for it anymore.
5. Location: (Also, please enter the location of the car in the thread title.): Metro Detroit, Michigan
6. Pictures: (Links are ok here, but please post actual pictures after item 12 so all the text is in one place and easier to see) See below
7. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)? First & only owner, bought it new in June 2003.
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clear & clear title.
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Title in hand, no liens.
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): PM for VIN
10. Modifications: H&R Sport springs, Tokico shocks, Comptech Icebox, Window tint
11. Service record: I did all the maintenance myself, and I have some of the receipts.
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. N/A

2003 CL Type-S 6 speed manual.

The car has 235k miles (not a typo). The miles are 90% highway, as I drive a lot for work. I am not driving the car anymore, so the miles will stay the same. It has the ORIGINAL CLUTCH, and it'll still bark 2nd gear on a hot day. I dont beat on it, and obviously with that many miles on it, I know how to drive a stick shift. I dont the car doubt will last until 300k miles without any major issues if driven nicely.

This was my daily driver since new (yes, I'm the original owner). Its only for sale because I find myself with too many cars and want to thin out the amount of cars I own. I really don't WANT to sell it, but its time to go to someone that will drive it.

The Good:
  • Starts, Runs, and Drives Great
  • Heat and A/C work 100%
  • Shifts perfectly, Clutch is strong
  • Paint still shines great, minimal scratches or dings
  • New brake pads ~ 5k miles ago
  • HID's work perfectly
  • Pre-wired for subwoofer
  • Never been smoked in

The Not So Good:

• Rust on passenger rear fender well
  • ABS Light on (needs a new sensor or two)
  • Intermittent CEL (EVAP leak somewhere, doesn't affect anything really)
  • Crack in windshield
  • Window tint in rear window peeling
  • Passenger window slow to roll-up
  • Summer tires good for only one more season

Ok, so its not perfect (what car with 235k miles is?), but it still looks very nice and drives great. I never fixed the ABS because it seemed like it stopped better without it, honestly. Plus I wasnt going to invest a bunch of $$ into it. It's got a couple dings and scratches, but from 10' away it looks very nice.

Also included in the sale is a set of four winter tires mounted on 16" steelies. I've ran these wheels for the past 10 years with winter tires, and with the LSD the car is a beast in the snow. Heated seats work good and rear window defroster works good, for those in the snowbelt.

Mod List
  • H&R Sport Springs
  • Tokico Illumina Shocks (adjustable)
  • Aux-In adapter
  • Pre-wired for subwoofer and remote gain
  • Comptech Icebox CAI
  • 18" MKW wheels & 16" Snow tires
  • Rubber cargo liner

I'm asking $3100 or best offer. I'm relatively firm on the price, but if someone doesnt want the winter wheels I'll knock some money off. Also I have three extra MKW wheels without tires that I could throw in for the right price. It's nice to have spares in case you hit a pothole.

My email is jtkz13@ yahoo.com. Send me an email or PM with your cell phone and I'll get in touch quickly.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:14 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold