Best wheel size for 2015 ILX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:05 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best wheel size for 2015 ILX?

Hi guys, quick question.
I'm thinking to start my project on my 15 ILX and i want to know what you guys think. I'm about to install new D2 coilovers, but, I haven't decided which wheel size actually looks better. So, that's the question. 18 or 19 wheels? Just to give you guys an idea this are the wheels im thinking to buy.

TSW Tremblant

So what do you guys think?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Zorrilla20090
Hi guys, quick question.
I'm thinking to start my project on my 15 ILX and i want to know what you guys think. I'm about to install new D2 coilovers, but, I haven't decided which wheel size actually looks better. So, that's the question. 18 or 19 wheels? Just to give you guys an idea this are the wheels im thinking to buy.

TSW Tremblant

So what do you guys think?
Actually wrong picture...

TSW Tremblant

This are the right ones.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Both will look good. I have 18s. Most people would agree that looks fine.

I want 19s. Some would say thats too big. All up to you but you really cant go wrong with either.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:15 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Both will look good. I have 18s. Most people would agree that looks fine.

I want 19s. Some would say thats too big. All up to you but you really cant go wrong with either.
Thanks!
I wasn't sure first because i really don't want my car to look too high you know. And since most people use 18s I couldn't find a good picture to get the idea. Thanks to Google and this forum i was able to get my mind straight and im gonna go with the 19s. Also i just changed my mind and insteed of going with the TSW I'll go with the Varrstoen ES1. It's actually a better wheel and it looks sporty and with class.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks!
I wasn't sure first because i really don't want my car to look too high you know. And since most people use 18s I couldn't find a good picture to get the idea. Thanks to Google and this forum i was able to get my mind straight and im gonna go with the 19s. Also i just changed my mind and insteed of going with the TSW I'll go with the Varrstoen ES1. It's actually a better wheel and it looks sporty and with class.

Id go tsw over varrstoen all day. Those fake bolts on the varrstoens are god awful. Plus they total fake the funk and jock the bbs lm look. Those tsws are more just a mesh design that a blatant copy and dont have fake hardware.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:52 AM
'15 ILX CBP 2.4

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I really love the BBS LM Look, but if youre willing to rock an Acura with those reps by all means go for it. You will become like the rest of the Honda scene, but if you do care about your Acura and ILX badge by all means avoid Varrstoens!

I notice you are into that mesh design, Enkei has some that are much lighter and about the same price and better quality and company by all means.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...toModClar=2.4L

and

These are like the 2015 LEXUS IS250 which would look great as well.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...toModClar=2.4L
The following users liked this post:
Zorrilla20090 (08-31-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 06:16 PM
10th Gear

I get the fact that a REP is never going to match a real forged wheel but i have to be realistic on my situation. I really don't have the money to buy BBS or VOLK or WORK since those are the real ones I really wanted. And this is my first mod so i don't know a lot like you guys. But to be honest i haven't found a set of Rep wheels that i actually like more than the ES1. I really appreciate the critics and comments since those are the ones that make me get more info on what i really want for my car. Maybe this is just the beginning for me and at the end i get a real set of wheels like the BBS LM's lol. Who knows... Still, thanks again USDMJON and mvidal6 for your help. As soon is I have pictures I'll post them to see what you guys think.
usdmJON (08-29-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

I understand not wanting to spend money on the BBS LM. Thats why I said go with the TSWs. They arent blatantly stealing the design of any other company and you seemed to like them before seeing the ES1.

To me.... more so than the fact that they are reps are the fact that the ES1s have the fake bolts around the lip. On a real splitrim the hardware is real and serves a purpose. On those they are completely fake. You dont want that. That is the equivalent to fake hood scoops and fake Chrysler 300C fender vents.

The TSWs however are very clean, have no fake bolts, and dont copy another companies style flat out. TSWs get my vote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:14 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
To me.... more so than the fact that they are reps are the fact that the ES1s have the fake bolts around the lip. On a real splitrim the hardware is real and serves a purpose. On those they are completely fake. You dont want that. That is the equivalent to fake hood scoops and fake Chrysler 300C fender vents.
... or fake VIP Civics

Attachment 99951

Old 08-30-2015, 04:38 PM
10th Gear

I understand not wanting to spend money on the BBS LM. Thats why I said go with the TSWs. They arent blatantly stealing the design of any other company and you seemed to like them before seeing the ES1.

The TSWs however are very clean, have no fake bolts, and dont copy another companies style flat out. TSWs get my vote

The thing is I saw the TSWs already on a car just like mine and to be honest the look cheaper than the ES1. The Enkei dont look that bad tho.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:45 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by AZuser
... or fake VIP Civics

Old 08-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Suzuka Master

The thing is I saw the TSWs already on a car just like mine and to be honest the look cheaper than the ES1. The Enkei dont look that bad tho.

Get what makes you happy. If I saw an ILX on TSWs next to an ILX on ES1s I know damn straight which one went the cheaper route. It's the ILX on ES1s. They are cheap reps. If you like the look then get em. Im just saying Id rather see TSWs on any car before Varrstoens.

What Enkeis were you looking at? Enkeis are cool.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by AZuser
... or fake VIP Civics
Get a life homie.

You rockin fake shit on your whip? I make you mad?

My car is VIP inspired. Nothing about it can be called fake. Lets see the Acura that got you to sign up on these boards and we'll compare scars.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Get a life homie.

You rockin fake shit on your whip? I make you mad?

My car is VIP inspired. Nothing about it can be called fake. Lets see the Acura that got you to sign up on these boards and we'll compare scars.
bwhahahahaha VIP inspired? are you fucking shitting me??? LOLOLOLOL
Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nexx
bwhahahahaha VIP inspired? are you fucking shitting me??? LOLOLOLOL
Got a problem bro?

It's not VIP as a true VIP platform is a big body RWD, and often the flagship model.

Obviously the ILX is not big body nor RWD but I am taking inspiration and styling cues from the VIP scene and implementing them on my smaller FWD Acura.

No it wont be hellaflush. No there wont be crazy camber. No I wont attempt to fit some crazy 19x12 +0 wheel on my car. Just simple mods that make me happy.

If making fun of that makes you happy than by all means keep talking shit.

It's simply a style choice. You dont have to like to. But claiming it is in any way "fake" is just trying to start drama. So by all means. Enjoy the drama you create.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:34 AM
10th Gear

Enkei LUSSO.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Enkei LUSSO.
Those look great. I do agree Id like those over the TSWs.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:09 AM
10th Gear

Get what makes you happy. If I saw an ILX on TSWs next to an ILX on ES1s I know damn straight which one went the cheaper route. It's the ILX on ES1s. They are cheap reps. If you like the look then get em. I'm just saying Id rather see TSWs on any car before Varrstoens.

What Enkeis were you looking at? Enkeis are cool.
One more thing and correct if I'm wrong here. You say Enkeis are cool. Varrstoens are cheap reps. Because its a known brand? Reputation? Quality? Because right now a set of Enkeis Lusso is about $650. On the other side the ES1 set is about $980. Yes, in price the ES1 are cheaper than TWS. Still, ES1 look a lot better. So, when you say "cheap" you mean like the brand? Because i do know for a fact that reps will always be rep and real is real no matter what rep comes out but, does that really makes them cheap or "fake" like you say? To me brand is just a name so other people that's really into the car mods can say "wow looks fresh!" and all that kind of BS... I'm not trying to make a point against yours is just that I'm really beginning to think that you have something against Varrstoens for some reason. And maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression you are giving me. Still, at the end I'll be buying what I like the most and what's my personal preference.

PS: I do have to admit that when i started looking for stuff to put on my car the one ILX that impressed me the most was yours on the internet and that's what motivated me to mod it. So I'll give you that
Old 08-31-2015, 01:50 AM
Suzuka Master

One more thing and correct if I'm wrong here. You say Enkeis are cool. Varrstoens are cheap reps. Because its a known brand? Reputation? Quality? Because right now a set of Enkeis Lusso is about $650. On the other side the ES1 set is about $980. Yes, in price the ES1 are cheaper than TWS. Still, ES1 look a lot better. So, when you say "cheap" you mean like the brand? Because i do know for a fact that reps will always be rep and real is real no matter what rep comes out but, does that really makes them cheap or "fake" like you say? To me brand is just a name so other people that's really into the car mods can say "wow looks fresh!" and all that kind of BS... I'm not trying to make a point against yours is just that I'm really beginning to think that you have something against Varrstoens for some reason. And maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression you are giving me. Still, at the end I'll be buying what I like the most and what's my personal preference.

PS: I do have to admit that when i started looking for stuff to put on my car the one ILX that impressed me the most was yours on the internet and that's what motivated me to mod it. So I'll give you that

When Isay cheap here I pretty much am saying a set of 4 wheels brand new for under $1000 is cheap. Regardless if they are quality or not. $250 a wheel brand new in my book is cheap. I got mine used and over 10 years old for about $250 a wheel.

Varrstoens are decent quality cast wheels.

Enkeis are decent quality cast wheels.

TSWs are decent quality cast wheels.

I would say all three are along the same lines of quality. If I had to put my dollar to one company it would be Enkei as Enkei makes a boat load of OEM wheels for pretty much every car manufacturer out there.
Both Enkei and Varrstoens are similar cast monoblock designs though. So if you see Enkeis for 700 and Varrstoens for 900+ then the enkeis are easily the better deal as both will have similar quality.

Quality aside though. Varrstoen makes nothing but blatant copies of other popular wheels while enkei does their own thing and cant really be called a rep company like most people see Varrstoen as.

TSW is more, in my opinion, for the average car drivers and because of that the price can be inflated and the customers walking into autozone or Americas Tires wouldnt know the difference. But still, TSW follows the same safety and quality guidelines as both Varrstoen and Enkei. So Id say quality is similar.

But again. TSW doesnt make blatant copies and get the reputation as a rep company.

So in the end. TSW, Varrstoen, Enkei. They all have the same quality. If any I would claim Enkei may have higher quality as Id believe they are a larger company and have been doing it longer.

BUT IN THE END, Varrstoen is the only one of the three making full on replicas of popular wheel designs. Thats why Id say go with either of the other two over Varrstoen.

As well. I really really have a pet peeve for fake hardware. The bolts you see around the outside of the ES1s are fake.

Those bolts on the varrstoens are 100% fake. Just plastic bolts threaded into a hole that connects to nothing. If varrstoen made the same exact design without the bolts it would literally be a one off design and no longer be a replica. But they want to copy the BBS LM exactly which in my opinion is pretty much stealing someone's artistic design.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:04 AM
10th Gear

When Isay cheap here I pretty much am saying a set of 4 wheels brand new for under $1000 is cheap. Regardless if they are quality or not. $250 a wheel brand new in my book is cheap. I got mine used and over 10 years old for about $250 a wheel.

Varrstoens are decent quality cast wheels.

Enkeis are decent quality cast wheels.

TSWs are decent quality cast wheels.

I would say all three are along the same lines of quality. If I had to put my dollar to one company it would be Enkei as Enkei makes a boat load of OEM wheels for pretty much every car manufacturer out there.
Both Enkei and Varrstoens are similar cast monoblock designs though. So if you see Enkeis for 700 and Varrstoens for 900+ then the enkeis are easily the better deal as both will have similar quality.

Quality aside though. Varrstoen makes nothing but blatant copies of other popular wheels while enkei does their own thing and cant really be called a rep company like most people see Varrstoen as.

TSW is more, in my opinion, for the average car drivers and because of that the price can be inflated and the customers walking into autozone or Americas Tires wouldnt know the difference. But still, TSW follows the same safety and quality guidelines as both Varrstoen and Enkei. So Id say quality is similar.

But again. TSW doesnt make blatant copies and get the reputation as a rep company.

So in the end. TSW, Varrstoen, Enkei. They all have the same quality. If any I would claim Enkei may have higher quality as Id believe they are a larger company and have been doing it longer.

BUT IN THE END, Varrstoen is the only one of the three making full on replicas of popular wheel designs. Thats why Id say go with either of the other two over Varrstoen.

As well. I really really have a pet peeve for fake hardware. The bolts you see around the outside of the ES1s are fake.

Those bolts on the varrstoens are 100% fake. Just plastic bolts threaded into a hole that connects to nothing. If varrstoen made the same exact design without the bolts it would literally be a one off design and no longer be a replica. But they want to copy the BBS LM exactly which in my opinion is pretty much stealing someone's artistic design.
Ok, got you.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Got a problem bro?

It's not VIP as a true VIP platform is a big body RWD, and often the flagship model.

Obviously the ILX is not big body nor RWD but I am taking inspiration and styling cues from the VIP scene and implementing them on my smaller FWD Acura.

No it wont be hellaflush. No there wont be crazy camber. No I wont attempt to fit some crazy 19x12 +0 wheel on my car. Just simple mods that make me happy.

If making fun of that makes you happy than by all means keep talking shit.

It's simply a style choice. You dont have to like to. But claiming it is in any way "fake" is just trying to start drama. So by all means. Enjoy the drama you create.
Nothing about your car is "vip" like you've explained. You drove home my point. Thank you.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Nothing about your car is "vip" like you've explained. You drove home my point. Thank you.
And you clearly missed the mark.

Hate all you want bro if thats what makes you happy. Clearly it is as my car isnt offending you but you feel the need to hate.

As i said. Its vip insipired. Which is more to say than those rocking fake race inspired parts on their grocery getting TLs and TSXs. In reality were all putting parts on our cars thay dont belong there. Get a damn grip and grow the fuck up.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

And you clearly missed the mark.

Hate all you want bro if thats what makes you happy. Clearly it is as my car isnt offending you but you feel the need to hate.

As i said. Its vip insipired. Which is more to say than those rocking fake race inspired parts on their grocery getting TLs and TSXs. In reality were all putting parts on our cars thay dont belong there. Get a damn grip and grow the fuck up.
me grow up? when you see those the pictures of your silly interior setup after a few years have passed you might finally realize why we were laughing at you.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:21 AM
10th Gear

I've been thinking a lot about what you said usdmJON and i think you're right. Is not only the fact that a rep is cheaper but is also a stolen design. A cheap version of the real deal. And when you buy fake stuff you get fake results. I'm gonna go with a different set of wheels instead of the ES1. And so far the ones that i like most within my budget are definitely the Enkeis. I'll wait a little bit more to gather enough money to buy a nice set. Which i also wanted to know what you guys think about this wheels in particular:

RSM9

PF07

TS6 Black
Old 09-02-2015, 01:23 AM
10th Gear

Do you think they'll look good on the ILX?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Suzuka Master

me grow up? when you see those the pictures of your silly interior setup after a few years have passed you might finally realize why we were laughing at you.
Yeah man. Seriously. No matter how childish you think my set up is. Ultimately you're the grown ass man talking shit and hating on what someone else likes for no real apparent reason.

In a few years I might laugh at it. But in the end I'll still think you were a complete degenerate for the way you went about giving your opinion on the internet.

So yeah man. Grow the fuck up already.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:18 AM
Suzuka Master

I've been thinking a lot about what you said usdmJON and i think you're right. Is not only the fact that a rep is cheaper but is also a stolen design. A cheap version of the real deal. And when you buy fake stuff you get fake results. I'm gonna go with a different set of wheels instead of the ES1. And so far the ones that i like most within my budget are definitely the Enkeis. I'll wait a little bit more to gather enough money to buy a nice set. Which i also wanted to know what you guys think about this wheels in particular:

RSM9

PF07

TS6 Black
All three look like great designs. The last two are pretty similar to other designs but not blatant knock offs. I like the top one a lot.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah man. Seriously. No matter how childish you think my set up is. Ultimately you're the grown ass man talking shit and hating on what someone else likes for no real apparent reason.

In a few years I might laugh at it. But in the end I'll still think you were a complete degenerate for the way you went about giving your opinion on the internet.

So yeah man. Grow the fuck up already.
You sir are joke. So sad you of all people think can judge others, that's makes me hate on you.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Suzuka Master

You sir are joke. So sad you of all people think can judge others, that's makes me hate on you.
Im judging your grammar and sentence structure right now. And god damn it is horrendous.

Me of all people? Like you know anything about me to make a claim like that.

Grow the fuck up reject. What you think you know is irrelevant.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Im judging your grammar and sentence structure right now. And god damn it is horrendous.

Me of all people? Like you know anything about me to make a claim like that.

Grow the fuck up reject. What you think you know is irrelevant.
reject, im not the one driving a "VIP" inspired ILX ROFL.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Suzuka Master

reject, im not the one driving a "VIP" inspired ILX ROFL.
No, you're just the degenerate talking shit to get your kicks.

But to quote your ass...

as long as the guy likes his car nothing else matters
So just

Last edited by usdmJON; 09-03-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

No, you're just the degenerate talking shit to get your kicks.

But to quote your ass...

So just
That's the thing you are the one who is one the attack constantly. You judge people who buy replicas pushing the safety issue then someone shows you the certs and you still judge
Why because you bought genuine wheels to support through original vendors? But you haven't contributed shit to those manufacturers cause you bought yours second hand. Come on man seriously stop it.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Suzuka Master

That's the thing you are the one who is one the attack constantly. You judge people who buy replicas pushing the safety issue then someone shows you the certs and you still judge
Why because you bought genuine wheels to support through original vendors? But you haven't contributed shit to those manufacturers cause you bought yours second hand. Come on man seriously stop it.
I HAD two issues with Vossens.

1. I was told they were not certified.
2. They are very expensive for what you get.

I ended up being wrong with #1. I admitted to it the moment Mike posted a pic of the JWL markings. But showing me they are indeed certified doesnt change the fact that you will get the same exact quality wheels with Enkeis or Konig for much cheaper. Vossens are still over priced and that remains to be my only issue with the brand.

But the point is I admitted I was wrong when Mike posted the pic. Go check the thread. What else do I need to do other than admit I was wrong? I cant go back in time and take it all back. So get the fuck over it.

I dont judge anyone on the wheels they buy. I judge the build. I judge the wheels. But Im not judging anyone for their purchase.

I bought original wheels because they are worth it. They hold their value twice as well over reps. When it comes to fake splitrims the real thing, like mine, can be rebuild. Something like what was posted above literally has fake bolts making the wheel looking like something it isnt. Thats as bad as putting fake BBS caps on not BBS wheels.

I have my opinions. I am entitled to them. You can have yours too. You are entitled to them. But you sound like a complete douche bag hunting me down and constantly giving me grief in my posts. Grow the fuck up and get over it.

I may attack those with reps. But attacking me back doesnt make you right... it makes you me. LMAO
Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I HAD two issues with Vossens.

1. I was told they were not certified.
2. They are very expensive for what you get.

I ended up being wrong with #1. I admitted to it the moment Mike posted a pic of the JWL markings. But showing me they are indeed certified doesnt change the fact that you will get the same exact quality wheels with Enkeis or Konig for much cheaper. Vossens are still over priced and that remains to be my only issue with the brand.

But the point is I admitted I was wrong when Mike posted the pic. Go check the thread. What else do I need to do other than admit I was wrong? I cant go back in time and take it all back. So get the fuck over it.

I dont judge anyone on the wheels they buy. I judge the build. I judge the wheels. But Im not judging anyone for their purchase.

I bought original wheels because they are worth it. They hold their value twice as well over reps. When it comes to fake splitrims the real thing, like mine, can be rebuild. Something like what was posted above literally has fake bolts making the wheel looking like something it isnt. Thats as bad as putting fake BBS caps on not BBS wheels.

I have my opinions. I am entitled to them. You can have yours too. You are entitled to them. But you sound like a complete douche bag hunting me down and constantly giving me grief in my posts. Grow the fuck up and get over it.

I may attack those with reps. But attacking me back doesnt make you right... it makes you me. LMAO
Jon, I'll agree to disagree with you. Although, I'll have to disagree with the whole hold their value thing lol.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Jon, I'll agree to disagree with you. Although, I'll have to disagree with the whole hold their value thing lol.
Well just go look on for sale sites and look how long Vossen and other comapnies like them stay up for sale.

My buddy has had the same set of ESM 004s for sale in socal for over a year now. 19x9.5 +25 so great specs. BBS LM reps. The same shit posted above actually. JWL approved and everything. Hes got them up for $800 OBO WITH NEXEN TIRES that have 80% tread left and no one wants them!! So that being said OP. If you want 19x9.5 +25 same exact design as the BBS LM but with the same fake hardware as the Varrstoens. Quality would be near identical. Plus they come with tires with well over half their life left. Only 800 picked up in so cal. Not sure on shipping.

Then you look at 3 piece Works or weds or anything similar and you'll see 18x8 with ruined curb rashed lips go for $1000 IN HOURS.

I have had more than one offer for my center caps alone at 75$ per cap. (that was the better offer... second offer was 50 a cap) Thats $300 for JUST my center caps. You know why? Because they are authentic and discontinued.

Rep wheels have almost no resale value. They just dont. I see Vossens that MSRP for over 1200 being sold as 600OBO. Thats crazy low!

Last edited by usdmJON; 09-03-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Burning Brakes

i see Work, BBS, Rays built wheels go for 50% of their original selling price all the time. Didnt know Vossens copied wheel designs.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Suzuka Master

i see Work, BBS, Rays built wheels go for 50% of their original selling price all the time. Didnt know Vossens copied wheel designs.
Check out ADV1. Similar to exact designs but been producing them in forged options since before Vossen even went near the forged stuff.

And where are you seeing BBS and Works selling for half MSRP?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RSM9

PF07

TS6 Black
Good choice, the first enkei wheel is my favorite.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Check out ADV1. Similar to exact designs but been producing them in forged options since before Vossen even went near the forged stuff.

And where are you seeing BBS and Works selling for half MSRP?
All the time but more so on the 350z forums. 350z/370z drivers are jdm wheel whores. I have two sets of volks myself.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Suzuka Master

All the time but more so on the 350z forums. 350z/370z drivers are jdm wheel whores. I have two sets of volks myself.
Show me one of these ads with a wheel still in production and the ad is for half off what current msrp is.

I dont doubt it happens but the chances of it happening arent very likely.

My buddies esm wheels prove my point. There is no better place to off wheels than so cal and hes got great specs in a design everyone wants but no one will spend 700 cause theyre used reps.

A year on the market at half price and no takers. Not even offers. My buddies works with shit specs sold for 300 more in days.

Im not sure why youre arguing against authentic wheels when that's what you own.

Quick Reply: Best wheel size for 2015 ILX?