Jorgee 2016 Intro to Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Jorgee 2016 Intro to Build

What's up everyone?
Just financed my new 2016 Bellanova White Pearl A-spec Premium a few days ago 7/7/15 with only 21 miles!
A little about me is I'm 21, currently enlisted in the army. Stationed in Ft.Bragg,NC but home is Orlando, FL
I traded in my 2005 Acura TSX 6MT.
[spoiler[/spoiler]
Spoiler

Now I own this beautiful ILX

I've had my eye on the ILX since they came out. My favorite one was the white one that was on Air Bags with 3piece wheels. Then it got rear ended and he moved onto an Infiniti. Never heard from the guy again cause he deleted his Instagram or changed his name
Up next was the supercharged one and that completely changed my mind on the ILX. I completely fell in love with it.
I started doing my research and I was going to buy the 2015 one but rumors on the website were that the 2016 was going to be awd 8spd dct. So I waited till they came out. Was kinda disappointed that it didn't come out AWD like I was expecting but I still had love for the car.
A few months later I told my wife I'd buy the ILX when I racked up the down payment. I saved my ass off for a few months and finally when I went down to Florida for vacation I told her it was time for me to get the new car. I drove all the way down to Sanford, Fl since Orlando Acura didn't have the white one. I was specifically after the white one so I drove to get it since I was scheduled to leave back to North Carolina today 7/11/15
Therefore when I got to the dealership the guy was already ready for my test drive since I had called in advance. Few Hours after the test drive I got both sets of keys and off I went with my new car. Put about 40 miles on the way back. Drove it for the remaining of the week and by the time I left this morning I had almost 300 miles and it was only 3 days of ownership haha
Now that I'm in North Carolina I have put 743 miles on the ILX. It was a long drive but very comfortable I must say. So I'm happy with my purchase and I plan to keep this car for a very long time.

If you would like to keep up with my car or myself. You can follow me on IG @ j.rge
I'll be posting pictures of my car and what I'll be doing to it in the near future.

Future Plans:
Coilovers
3 Piece wheels
Intake
Exhaust
Header
Camber Kit
Tint
Vinyl Wrap roof black
Old 07-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Advanced

Admin can you please edit my post and put the top two pictures inside spoilers if that's possible.
Thanks
Old 07-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Nice. Cant wait to see what wheels you go with.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Nice. Cant wait to see what wheels you go with.
Most likely will go with infinitewerks wheels.
But other options are SSR, Work, AG, Viaggio or VRE
I can buy the wheels right now but I want to first buy the coilovers and camber kit so I'm able to put it all on in one day and not be waiting for parts.
This is going to be a simple clean and ready to race look. Not doing excessive camber or anything crazy of that sort.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Jorgee
Most likely will go with infinitewerks wheels.
But other options are SSR, Work, AG, Viaggio or VRE
I can buy the wheels right now but I want to first buy the coilovers and camber kit so I'm able to put it all on in one day and not be waiting for parts.
This is going to be a simple clean and ready to race look. Not doing excessive camber or anything crazy of that sort.
Cant wait to see.

I hadnt heard the name Viaggio before. Looking them up I have seen that design. Not sure on VRE. Never heard of them and google didnt help me much.

Like I said. Cant wait man. Just excited to see another ILX on something other than a monoblock set up. I believe yours will be the 3rd... but currently only 1 is on split rims. 2nd car was wrecked and parted out.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Advanced

Cant wait to see.

I hadnt heard the name Viaggio before. Looking them up I have seen that design. Not sure on VRE. Never heard of them and google didnt help me much.

Like I said. Cant wait man. Just excited to see another ILX on something other than a monoblock set up. I believe yours will be the 3rd... but currently only 1 is on split rims. 2nd car was wrecked and parted out.
Viaggio wheels are nice my buddy is part owner so that's how I knew about it lol
VR Wheels my bad man. Look them up on IG
I haven't seen much ILX modded on the forum. I feel like I've seen them more on IG unless I'm looking in the wrong place. But yeah I can't wait to order my set of coilovers. I'm trying to go with BC racing. So I can upgrade to Swift Springs for the custom spring rates. But I'm waiting patiently for someone to confirm if the 2015 coilovers will be a direct fit...
Old 07-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah I know VR Wheels. Thats who imported my Work splitrims. I live a small drive from them. Ive suggested for quite a few people to contact them for wheels. Great deals and quality in house work. They will be my one-stop when I am ready to rebarrel my wheels. I'll need them to build me some custom step lip conversions and powdercoat the faces.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Yeah I know VR Wheels. Thats who imported my Work splitrims. I live a small drive from them. Ive suggested for quite a few people to contact them for wheels. Great deals and quality in house work. They will be my one-stop when I am ready to rebarrel my wheels. I'll need them to build me some custom step lip conversions and powdercoat the faces.
Must be nice! My buddy back home got wheels off them 18x10 0 offset for 2600 shipped and they were 3 piece wheels. Which is not bad since majority of big 3 piece wheel companies are over 3k plus shipping. Well the ones I'm interested in haha
Old 07-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah my work vsmx areny very aggressive so i got them for super cheap. Only $1000. Rebarrel for about another $1000 including the costs of powder coat and i can be at any spec i want. Gotta love split rims.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Advanced

Yeah my work vsmx areny very aggressive so i got them for super cheap. Only $1000. Rebarrel for about another $1000 including the costs of powder coat and i can be at any spec i want. Gotta love split rims.
Wow that's as cheap as some used RPF1 with tires lol
Might have to hit them up or check their website out for some deals like that. I want something in the 18x9 18x10 range with a +25, +30 offset. ill think ill get the fitment i need without running alot of camber or that big of a stretch tire.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow that's as cheap as some used RPF1 with tires lol
Might have to hit them up or check their website out for some deals like that. I want something in the 18x9 18x10 range with a +25, +30 offset. ill think ill get the fitment i need without running alot of camber or that big of a stretch tire.
Pretty much exactly what I want. Though I may go 19in. Ideally I want 19x9 +20 on all four corners. Then run as close to 0 camber as I can and roll the fender tabs.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Advanced

/[b]update 7/14/15 my all weather floor mats got installed. Bought them on amazon for much cheaper than dealership price. $103 [/b/]
Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Update 7/31/15
Haven't been much on the forums but about two weeks ago my left rear tail light bulb went out. It was a defective tail light from factory according to the technician. So acura replaced it for free

I also bought some 3 piece wheels off a group page. They are CCW 18xwide will post pics once I get them delivered to my house.
On the other note I'm waiting on godspeed to release the monomax coilovers so I can go ahead and order them off Aaron. As well as my camber kit, then tires will be bought and mounted.
Hopefully i'll be set for Tunerevo on Oct 25 here in Charlotte, NC

Stay tune for more updates.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts
In reguards to your interest on intakes. Currently nothing is offered because of the new engine layout. But if your willing to get your hands dirty, and use a hack saw to cut plastic tubing; I can help you build a "ice box" style intake snorkel built from parts you can purchase from Amazon. I have such an intake setup on my own '16 ILX if you look in the photo threads.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thmanx
In reguards to your interest on intakes. Currently nothing is offered because of the new engine layout. But if your willing to get your hands dirty, and use a hack saw to cut plastic tubing; I can help you build a "ice box" style intake snorkel built from parts you can purchase from Amazon. I have such an intake setup on my own '16 ILX if you look in the photo threads.
I checked out your intake and its pretty neat. Not looking to buy an intake as of right now. It's just on the list until I can get to it
Old 08-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Racer

It's about as good as you'll get until a manufacture makes an entire new Throttlebody-To-Filter design.

I mean the front bumper is just begging for a scoop!
Old 08-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Update 7/31/15
Haven't been much on the forums but about two weeks ago my left rear tail light bulb went out. It was a defective tail light from factory according to the technician. So acura replaced it for free

I also bought some 3 piece wheels off a group page. They are CCW 18xwide will post pics once I get them delivered to my house.
On the other note I'm waiting on godspeed to release the monomax coilovers so I can go ahead and order them off Aaron. As well as my camber kit, then tires will be bought and mounted.
Hopefully i'll be set for Tunerevo on Oct 25 here in Charlotte, NC

Stay tune for more updates.
I just installed 18x8.5 Enkei Raijins on my Bellanova White '16 ILX and I love them. Surprisingly, they look fairly decent without a drop.

I have actually been speaking with Aaron from Godspeed and he mentioned to me that:

HONDA CIVIC 14-15 (SI MODEL) GODSPEED PROJECT MONORS COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT
Honda Civic 14-15 (Si model) Godspeed Project MonoRS Coilover Suspension Kit - Civic 12-14 - Honda - Products By Car Type Provider Of Hi-Performance Suspension Products

or

HONDA CIVIC SI 2014-15 GODSPEED PROJECT MONOSS COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT
Honda Civic Si 2014-15 Godspeed Project MonoSS Coilover Suspension Kit Provider Of Hi-Performance Suspension Products

Would fit like a glove with no adjustments or modifications.

I wonder if anyone has actually tried the coilovers mentioned above on their '16 ilx for confirmation. Once i know for a fact they fit 100%, i will feel so much more comfortable purchasing and installing them.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Wheels are in. They need some deep cleaning before I put them on. <br/>On the other note<br/>Ordering coilovers and camber kit in two weeks <br/>Going with the godspeed mono rs coilovers since i really don't need that much dampening and I don't plan to track my car anytime soon.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Awwwww yeeea! I cant wait to see this. In for pics!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Advanced

Im on a 24 hr duty right now ( military problems ) so I may/may not be able to do a test fit to see how it'll sit. But I will post pics when I do.. Could be tomorrow for sure if I don't get the chance to today.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
digging the enkei love on the old TSX!
Old 08-07-2015, 01:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by k24ilx
Agreed but much more loving that CCW love on the ILX!!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Racer

Received 434 Likes on 138 Posts
Very nice. Hope to see more of your progress!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by k24ilx
lightweight and good looking wheels thats why I liked them on my tsx

Agreed but much more loving that CCW love on the ILX!!
yes! Love the look of the wheels I test fitted last night so i'll post pics in a bit

Originally Posted by Chan_Mike
Very nice. Hope to see more of your progress!
Appreciate it man! Car is going to take a bit to finish up. Just stay tune for upcoming pics and updates on the car.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Advanced

Front wheel

Front fitment

Rear fitment
Old 09-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Advanced

UPDATE:

Installed my coilovers when I had 2575 miles
Here are a few pics of the install.
These are godspeed mono RS coilovers

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER FRONT AND REAR WERE INSTALLED
Old 09-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Racer

Received 434 Likes on 138 Posts
Looking good Jorge!

How they ride so far?
Old 09-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chan_Mike
Looking good Jorge!

How they ride so far?
For the price they ride pretty good. They max out pretty low. Will be updating this thread with newer pics.
I don't post much on this forum but my Instagram @j.rge will keep you updated.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Advanced

9/14/15
I got my stock tires stretched onto my CCW wheels. Needless to say they stretch pretty good and the tires aren't cheap so thats a good thing.

Adjusted my camber up front cause I was really tired of seeing that poke on the front wheels. So I maxed out my camber plate up top on my godspeed coilovers and then adjusted the bottom hub camber to tuck the tire in more.

Finally all done for now.

Wheels are 18x10 +32 with the 225/40/18 tires off the stock wheels.

So far I have spent $3581 on my car.
That included the wheels, tire mounting, coil overs, camber kit, alignment, and lug nuts.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Looks good, nice figment ����
Old 09-21-2015, 02:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Looks good. Needs the front aspec kit!!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rdub81
Looks good, nice figment ����
Thank you!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Looks good. Needs the front aspec kit!!
Yes it definitely does ! Will be ordering it sometime in October or November. Im trying to get a good deal on it.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes it definitely does ! Will be ordering it sometime in October or November. Im trying to get a good deal on it.
I just spoke to the service manager at my acura dealership and he is offering the aero kit for $1400 flat including labor and tax. Mainly because it took 4 visits / tries for them to fix my squeaky break problem. Now i just gotta save up $1400, probably gunna get it next month !
Old 09-23-2015, 09:14 AM
16 SSM ILX Prem-Aspec

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jspangan
I just spoke to the service manager at my acura dealership and he is offering the aero kit for $1400 flat including labor and tax. Mainly because it took 4 visits / tries for them to fix my squeaky break problem. Now i just gotta save up $1400, probably gunna get it next month !
to be honest with you, that doesn't seem like a great price for the front and rear kits...Delray Acura and most Acura discounted stores they sell for $333 each for the front and rear, you really don't need the sides since you have the Aspec sides already, that's $666 and over $700 for installation, not sure if they are doing you any favors, sorry...just pointing out so you get a better deal...
Steve
Old 09-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Racer

I'd say skip installation and just DIY it.

Just follow the step-by-step instructions, its not all that hard. If you can change your own oil or install an HID kit (nicely tucked away with a cleaned up harness), you can do this.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Thmanx
I'd say skip installation and just DIY it.

Just follow the step-by-step instructions, its not all that hard. If you can change your own oil or install an HID kit (nicely tucked away with a cleaned up harness), you can do this.
+1

Paying $1,400 for the Areo Kit is ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:12 PM
Suzuka Master

But is that front and back only or is that with the aspec sides too. Keep in mind there are a weird number of sides abailable. The side skirts on the aspec or different from stop but are not considered the aspec skirts as the ones with the kit pictures online are slightly different.

Also it may include the spoiler if he doesnt have that either.

Which parts of the kid are included for 1400 and we'll let you know if we know better deals.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Great start to a build thread...I like the direction you've gone in!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Great start to a build thread...I like the direction you've gone in!
Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (09-25-2015)

Quick Reply: Jorgee 2016 Intro to Build