WeatherTech side wind deflectors released

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 02:38 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WeatherTech side wind deflectors released

I thought some of you might be interested in that since there are not many 2015/2016 wind deflectors around.

It comes under model number 80778 for front pair. I will post some pictures soon.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
This was already posted in the visor thread.

I contacted them and they have no plans to make a rear set. So purchasing from them will get you a front set ONLY. Who the fuck wants that?
Old 10-15-2015, 08:38 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by usdmJON
This was already posted in the visor thread.

I contacted them and they have no plans to make a rear set. So purchasing from them will get you a front set ONLY. Who the fuck wants that?
Why not? I had front set on my accord and honda fit, world didn't come to an end. Those visors are not for looks only, I have them so I can open windows in any weather. Besides I almost never open rear windows.

On other hand why the hell anybody wants to invest crazy money into modification, these investments are not going pay off and when you try to sell your car nobody wants to buy it. Everybody assume that car was getting beaten up if owner made performance and other modifications.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by unnamedny
Why not? I had front set on my accord and honda fit, world didn't come to an end. Those visors are not for looks only, I have them so I can open windows in any weather. Besides I almost never open rear windows.

On other hand why the hell anybody wants to invest crazy money into modification, these investments are not going pay off and when you try to sell your car nobody wants to buy it. Everybody assume that car was getting beaten up if owner made performance and other modifications.
You had a front set ONLY on your Accord and Fit? Interesting. I think it looks weird as hell rocking only the front visors and nothing to flow into the rear windows.

I like the look of visors so having only half of them would be a no no in my book.

As for modding cars. It's a hobby bro. If spending closer to 180 on a full set of visors verse only 60 for the front then maybe this isnt a hobby for you.

It is a lot of money we put into our cars but it also makes us happy. As well... your claim that the cars dont sell after is 100% wrong.

I sold my 94 integra for more than I bought it for 6 years later because of the parts I picked. Not many can sell a car for more than they purchased. As well some parts were able to be replaced and parted out. As long as you are smart and do it right, this hobby isnt that much of a waste. Sure we cant sell parts or the car for what they came MSRP. But we enjoy the build and the search and thats what makes up for it.

If this all seems "crazy" to you than I dont have much anything else to say. Enjoy your front visors.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You had a front set ONLY on your Accord and Fit? Interesting. I think it looks weird as hell rocking only the front visors and nothing to flow into the rear windows.

I like the look of visors so having only half of them would be a no no in my book.

As for modding cars. It's a hobby bro. If spending closer to 180 on a full set of visors verse only 60 for the front then maybe this isnt a hobby for you.

It is a lot of money we put into our cars but it also makes us happy. As well... your claim that the cars dont sell after is 100% wrong.

I sold my 94 integra for more than I bought it for 6 years later because of the parts I picked. Not many can sell a car for more than they purchased. As well some parts were able to be replaced and parted out. As long as you are smart and do it right, this hobby isnt that much of a waste. Sure we cant sell parts or the car for what they came MSRP. But we enjoy the build and the search and thats what makes up for it.

If this all seems "crazy" to you than I dont have much anything else to say. Enjoy your front visors.

Couldn't have said it any better
Old 10-15-2015, 05:54 PM
10th Gear

Putting visors on the car is not a hobby they have a purpose. For me it's just a thing that deflects air and water, while it looks odd it does not look ugly, silly or ridiculous. So there will be people interested in it.

Regarding your hobby I respect it and I know why people do it, too bad it's hard for some people to comprehend that visors are not just for enthusiasts and if only front set is installed on car that does not mean "why the fuck would you install just front set?"
Old 10-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by unnamedny
too bad it's hard for some people to comprehend that visors are not just for enthusiasts and if only front set is installed on car that does not mean "why the fuck would you install just front set?"
It was just a question. I apologize if the way I worded it made it sound like less of a question and more of a nasty comment... let me rephrase my original post.

Thank you unnamedny for the info but this has actually already been posted in the visor thread we have here in the ILX section. It just isnt in the performance section.

I contacted Weathertech and they have no plans to make a rear set. So purchasing from them will get you a front set ONLY. Unnamedny, would you really buy only the front visors for a four door car?

Again. My apologies for coming off as a bit nasty. To me, having only the front visors on a 4 door car IS ugly so the idea seems about as crazy as wasting money on a car does to you.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Wish I had seen this thread earlier... I was hoping that the front pair thing was just a typo... Weathertech YOU SUCK!! This is RIDICULOUS!!! MOST people want a full set!! WTF?! I also USUALLY only open up the front windows, but even then... It DOES look kinda weird with just front ones. It looks like something is missing/fell off the car!
Old 12-01-2015, 03:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ok So Having had these on the car a little bit... I can tell you that the Weathertech's have one annoying side effect. The automatic one touch window close feature, gets affected by the visors. My passenger side more so. It thinks something is blocking the track, so it will start to close, and then reverse and open to about halfway. Weathertech says to leave the windows closed for 24 hours and it should adjust and be fine. I did that, it didn't work. In fairness, it may be worse because i have my little cup holders...

Pretty annoying
Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Well some good news. With some modifications I used a set of OEM door visors from my 2005 TSX. Their not dead on balls but look way better than nothing at all. I wonder if 2009 thru 2012 work better if visors were available.You have to remove all the brackets. If you play around with it long enough you can make your own brackets so you can use some not all. Im impatient so i didnt. Ill take pics tomorrow. I still have to vinyl wrap the chrome molding and visors black.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

hmmm cool man... DIY style

I guess ILX IS pretty similar to 1st gen TSX...hmmm
Old 06-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Intermediate

Heres a pic...maybe not need 5 fukin posts to post a pic. Some bullshit around here.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Intermediate

Finally pics
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech side wind deflectors released-20160608_192921.jpg   WeatherTech side wind deflectors released-20160608_192911.jpg  
Old 06-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Intermediate

Youd be surprised how cheap the speakers are. Their all paper cones. I dropped in an 8" kicker where stock sub is. Easily the the best upgrade you can do. Big difference bass hits harder and deeper no bottoming out.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Intermediate

You need a hi lo converter to wire into the back of the head unit. I actually have a new one at my moms. Ill let go for cheap if you want it.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Got an email from weathertech.
They finally added the rear side visors.

$100 for front & rear.

Good deal.
Stick ons everyone got before these were $80 i believe.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just got the same email, immediately bought the rear pair, as I already had the front... My car interior gets pretty hot because of black leather on a black car... parking situation sucks... I most often park directly in the sun.... Which is also why I make sure I get a BADASS full on complete detail AT LEAST once a year...I have ALL windows tinted... Even got the front windshield tinted "clear" heat reduction tint (really works well) And the sunroof tinted darker too... I will be running BOTH the weathertech visors and the HIC visors at the same time... both dark smoked... cuts down a LOT of glare, makes the car tint effect darker on the car, but keeps it within borderline legal limits... yet still more private... I went as dark as I could with the tints as I felt I could get away with... keeps the car cooler... and I love visors and accessories...

AND... I'm adding some other fun stuff!!

After I get my car detailed in a few weeks or so... I will finally add on my OEM accessories chrome mirror covers... Then I will add on Mugen RR Fender Flares I ordered!!... At some point... They are not made for the car... so who knows how they will fit... My body guy will work on it and make them fit tho!... And then I'm also STILL going to have these little edge protectors I got from the dealer on top of those... INCEPTION FENDER FLARES.... LOL

Mugen made the same style flares for both the 8th Gen Civic SI, and for the Acura RL... Or well... the JDM version of the car... Acura Legend... So I'm going for that same type of look...

Name:  IMG_4035_zps72cf689e.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  43 BytesName:  IMG_2413_zps3e167972.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  88.1 KBName:  IMG_2416_zps4f69a7ce.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  83.0 KB

I actually have dings on BOTH sides of the car too... a lot of Haters out there... So this is both a cosmetic enhancement, and a fix too....

I'm also gonna be adding the Canadian OEM hood deflector, some aftermarket mini deflectors for the side mirrors, Feel's side skirts extension deflector, and a deflector for the corner area by the mirror... DEFLECTOR INCEPTION....

Last edited by aomechmarine; 06-29-2016 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Well see how it all ends up. It all sounds like overkill to me.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Kind of is... But I'm OK with that! I did a similar thing on my old Civic EX Coupe... And I got a TON of compliments on that car all the time! Also some of the deflectors may not fit right... or whatever... so we'll see...I figured worst case scenario, The pieces that don't fit, I'll just sell them to a Civic owner... not exactly hard to find one....

It also kind of reminds me of doing a like a new school version of a bosozuku car haha... Hideous ... But yet ... kind of cool... Plus there's extreme Bososuka... and then more subdued...

I would daily this... SO MUCH
Old 07-01-2016, 03:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got an email from weathertech.
They finally added the rear side visors.

$100 for front & rear.

Good deal.
Stick ons everyone got before these were $80 i believe.
Damn was ready to buy until I was at checkout and found out that it's over $50 to ship to Hawaii lol. Might try and call them. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:48 AM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the entire weather tech mats and window deflectors for my 2015 ilx. Great products from weather tech. I traded my ilx in for an rdx. I ordered the mats for the rdx, but weather tech does not have the visors/deflectors for the rdx. Figures!!!!