2016 Acura ILX RV6-P Downpipe

Old 04-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 Acura ILX RV6-P Downpipe

WILL BE IN PRODUCTION VERY SOON

March 30, I contacted RV6 Performance to ask if the TLX 2.4 down pipe would work with the ILX. Unfortunately it doesn't since the TLX uses a donut gasket according to what Rick from RV6 told me. I then contacted Mike Chan who helped RV6 make the TLX downpipe. We talked back and forth and Mike has sent a pre cat to RV6 to be made, since I had a business trip to go to and was not able to send mine in.
Therefore, in a few weeks the down pipe should be made and should give us some more power for our car.
The following users liked this post:
jspangan (04-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jorgee
WILL BE IN PRODUCTION VERY SOON

March 30, I contacted RV6 Performance to ask if the TLX 2.4 down pipe would work with the ILX. Unfortunately it doesn't since the TLX uses a donut gasket according to what Rick from RV6 told me. I then contacted Mike Chan who helped RV6 make the TLX downpipe. We talked back and forth and Mike has sent a pre cat to RV6 to be made, since I had a business trip to go to and was not able to send mine in.
Therefore, in a few weeks the down pipe should be made and should give us some more power for our car.
That sounds amazing! I know i may sound like a "noob" but in your opinion, or maybe its just common knowledge, how much more power will we be looking at? and how much do you think we are looking at $$$ wise?
Old 04-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by jspangan
That sounds amazing! I know i may sound like a "noob" but in your opinion, or maybe its just common knowledge, how much more power will we be looking at? and how much do you think we are looking at $$$ wise?
Wont be much.
Expect zero difference without a tune. With a tune id say max gain is like 3hp.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Still very cool they are supporting the car.
Surprised they are making parts for the 2016 and not the manual 2.4 seeing as how even less people interested in tuning are picking up the 2016.

Id figure theyd want to release products for the ilx that already has aftermarket tuning support verse one that may not see much.

Maybe they know something we dont.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jspangan
Im getting it because I'm the one who asked for it to be made lol
Plus it gives it a better sound and thats what I'm going for. It'll be I say $325 since thats how much the TLX downpipe is. HP wise is not much without a tune. Mike Chan did a dyno run for the TLX downpipe and it had a few gains of hp and like 9 torque.

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Still very cool they are supporting the car.
Surprised they are making parts for the 2016 and not the manual 2.4 seeing as how even less people interested in tuning are picking up the 2016.

Id figure theyd want to release products for the ilx that already has aftermarket tuning support verse one that may not see much.

Maybe they know something we dont.
They do have a downpipe for the manual 2.4 bro here it is +13whp btw

RV6? 2012+ Civic SI Bellmouth Downpipe Kit

I asked RV6 to make one for us 2016 owners since we don't have much aftermarket support. Only the intake AEM has made and now this downpipe that'll fit perfectly without modifications. Soon I'll ask an exhaust company to make an axle back with the dolphin tip so we can use the same civic si exhaust system.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Suzuka Master

They do have a downpipe for the manual 2.4 bro here it is +13whp btw

RV6? 2012+ Civic SI Bellmouth Downpipe Kit

I asked RV6 to make one for us 2016 owners since we don't have much aftermarket support. Only the intake AEM has made and now this downpipe that'll fit perfectly without modifications. Soon I'll ask an exhaust company to make an axle back with the dolphin tip so we can use the same civic si exhaust system.
No way?! Well that explains why it made no sense to me. Ive not seen anything on that! I wonder if anyone even has that downpipe installed. Everyone was all crazy over what intake will and wont work then a company makes a downpipe and people just sat around and didnt care? Damn. lol

As for 13hp. I'd call bullshit on that in a heart beat. No way opening up the downpipe to only 2.5in could increase performance by 13hp. Impossible. If that was true Acura and Honda would have quickly done so and bragged that the ILX makes 214hp verse 201hp.

Id be willing to believe the civic dynoed had a few other parts and a tune for such a simple mod to add 13hp.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Advanced

No way?! Well that explains why it made no sense to me. Ive not seen anything on that! I wonder if anyone even has that downpipe installed. Everyone was all crazy over what intake will and wont work then a company makes a downpipe and people just sat around and didnt care? Damn. lol

As for 13hp. I'd call bullshit on that in a heart beat. No way opening up the downpipe to only 2.5in could increase performance by 13hp. Impossible. If that was true Acura and Honda would have quickly done so and bragged that the ILX makes 214hp verse 201hp.

Id be willing to believe the civic dynoed had a few other parts and a tune for such a simple mod to add 13hp.
Well the 13-15 Ilx share the same engine as the SI and therefore they advertise the SI more. As far as the 13whp you'd have to talk to RV6 they have really good customer service and are base off chicago. There dyno sheet shows chicago so they probably did their own dyno run out there and could give you a better answer as to what they had on the Si
Old 04-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Well the 13-15 Ilx share the same engine as the SI and therefore they advertise the SI more. As far as the 13whp you'd have to talk to RV6 they have really good customer service and are base off chicago. There dyno sheet shows chicago so they probably did their own dyno run out there and could give you a better answer as to what they had on the Si
I similarly opened up my downpipe with the megan downpipe I put on. As well the intake I have advertises a near 10hp gain depending on what site you shop at. But it would be ignorant thinking to believe my 2.0 ILX is now pushing 10+ more HP with both add-ons.

With a tune that's quite possible. But without a tune, no way.

So in all honesty I guess it is possible the downpipe adds 13hp when the engine is tuned for it. But if simply opening up the DP would add 13hp then why wouldnt acura have done that?
Old 04-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Advanced

I similarly opened up my downpipe with the megan downpipe I put on. As well the intake I have advertises a near 10hp gain depending on what site you shop at. But it would be ignorant thinking to believe my 2.0 ILX is now pushing 10+ more HP with both add-ons.

With a tune that's quite possible. But without a tune, no way.

So in all honesty I guess it is possible the downpipe adds 13hp when the engine is tuned for it. But if simply opening up the DP would add 13hp then why wouldnt acura have done that?
"When you look at the O.E precat, you can easily tell it was designed to be made cheaply and to be mass produced. The components are stamped and welded with no consideration for turbulence or restrictions. This combined with 2 catalytic converters, causes the engine to be literally choked out of a good amount of power." -rv6
Old 04-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Suzuka Master

"When you look at the O.E precat, you can easily tell it was designed to be made cheaply and to be mass produced. The components are stamped and welded with no consideration for turbulence or restrictions. This combined with 2 catalytic converters, causes the engine to be literally choked out of a good amount of power." -rv6
Ive not seen the 2016 dp so no idea how restricted it is. My dp had a extremely simple design. Straight with only 2 or 3 bends all less than 90 degrees. Maybe the 2016 has to bend around more with the engine position.

I would just take the gains claimed with a grain of salt. Maybe a lot has changed since the Integra modding days but back then you needed a tune to pull 13hp out of 1 bolt on or maybe the 2016 oe downpipe just sucked.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jorgee,

I am very interested in what comes of this. Will this be limited production? And will this be California legal? Thank you.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by ilx.cel
Jorgee,

I am very interested in what comes of this. Will this be limited production? And will this be California legal? Thank you.
HELL NO. You are removing the cats. In California, that is actually a $1,000 fine, and also a fix it ticket. However, because of where it is, no one can tell. It would have to be replaced with the original parts to pass smog every time. So if you bought it new, 6 years after you bought it would be the first required time, and then once every 2 years or so, If you want to do that in California. For me, I know my mechanic will take it off and on for about $50 each time, so $100. To me, it's not exactly a big deal one time every 2 years. I plan on keeping the car for at least 15-16 years, so that would be about 5 times, so it would add up over time. $500 or so.

*** i also know my mechanic is an honest guy that knows that i know enough about cars that he doesn't BS me, charges me very cheap. Your experience may vary. I could probably do the work myself if I had the tools and a lift. When I originally took my car to a local honda shop, (NOT a race type shop, they really won't care)... they REFUSED to add the header on. Because technically, they can get fines as well. They rarely do. But some do. That shop didn't want anything to do with it.

If you want to be tuner in California, you gotta pay to play. A lot more then other states. We have the strictest rules on EVERYTHING for cars. If you are a casual tuner, I'd recommend you just get an exhaust and an intake, legal and easy. They won't do much, but oh well. Unless you're really into it, don't worry about or deal with all of this BS.

The best downpipes for the 2013 - 2015 ILX stick shifts are adding 19WHP on dyno's- You guys can see Vit Viper - Vit Tunes Blog for proof. I can see this downpipe adding 13-15 with a tune pretty easy. Like I say, you are illegally (at least in California) removing 2 catalytic converters, it's a racing header.

*** Also, to get the 19 WHP gain, you WILL need to buy Hondata ($700) and pay someone to tune the car (Vit Viper etune cheapest option, Believe $300). And if not you, probably only see HALF that gain without a tune...maybe 10WHP

So for the 2016 ILX, without a tune program, I'm guessing that would be like a 8-9 WHP gain.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 04-13-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
HELL NO. You are removing the cats. In California, that is actually a $1,000 fine, and also a fix it ticket. However, because of where it is, no one can tell. It would have to be replaced with the original parts to pass smog every time. So if you bought it new, 6 years after you bought it would be the first required time, and then once every 2 years or so, If you want to do that in California. For me, I know my mechanic will take it off and on for about $50 each time, so $100. To me, it's not exactly a big deal one time every 2 years. I plan on keeping the car for at least 15-16 years, so that would be about 5 times, so it would add up over time. $500 or so.

If you want to be tuner in California, you gotta pay to play. A lot more then other states. We have the strictest rules on EVERYTHING for cars. If you are a casual tuner, I'd recommend you just get an exhaust and an intake, legal and easy. They won't do much, but oh well. Unless you're really into it, don't worry about or deal with all of this BS.

The best downpipes for the 2013 - 2015 ILX stick shifts are adding 19WHP on dyno's- You guys can see Vit Viper - Vit Tunes Blog for proof. I can see this downpipe adding 13-15 with a tune pretty easy. Like I say, you are illegally (at least in California) removing 2 catalytic converters, it's a racing header.

*** Also, to get the 19 WHP gain, you WILL need to buy Hondata ($700) and pay someone to tune the car (Vit Viper etune cheapest option, Believe $300). And if not you, probably only see HALF that gain without a tune...maybe 10WHP

So for the 2016 ILX, without a tune program, I'm guessing that would be like a 8-9 WHP gain.
Agreed with all above.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aomechmarine

*** i also know my mechanic is an honest guy that knows that i know enough about cars that he doesn't BS me, charges me very cheap. Your experience may vary. I could probably do the work myself if I had the tools and a lift. When I originally took my car to a local honda shop, (NOT a race type shop, they really won't care)... they REFUSED to add the header on. Because technically, they can get fines as well. They rarely do. But some do. That shop didn't want anything to do with it.

Aomechmarine,

Thank you for your response. I was fully aware deleting the catalytic converter was illegal here in CA. I was hoping there would be a high flow cat version produced as well, RX6 made 2 versions for the 9th generation Honda Civic Si. But in the mean time I'll keep my hopes down as far as the aftermarket support goes for the 2016+ ILX K24W7.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Unfortunately, even a high flow cat is STILL California illegal. It's still a $1000 ticket, because it's tampering withe the cat system. They don't want you to touch it all. Depending on the cop, they can still try to ticket you for a basic exhaust (noise) and even an intake (no CARB sticker). I've had my hood popped s few times already. I get profiled a lot. I get let go most of the time... but that's a whole different issue. They can't really tell about the header tho, if for some reason you ever got sent o BAR they would do their best to fuck you over hard tho.

Rant

I like good cops... But cops are all about ticketing and creating revenue to justify and provide for their own jobs. If they are writing tickets, then they aren't "doing" anything, even in a relatively safe town. If no revenue, then no need for cops. No need for cops, means layoffs. Right now they can't bust as many people for DUI's. HUGE money maker. UBER and Lyft have dropped DUI's a lot... SO, they are really, really, cracking down on small and petty BS. 3-or 4 fix it tickets in one stop? Well, time to tow your car away! They can't tow as many cars away from the DUI's going down. Saw a random housewife get her truck towed away for cracked windshield and 2 or 3 other petty tickets. Got her car back 3 hours later for $500, PLUS, still had to do all the little random fix it tickets. SO BULLSHIT. It's a city 15 minutes from where I live. Guess where I'm now avoiding? Especially towards the end of the month when they need to try and hit their quotas... Watch yourselves out there. Look up stuff like this online, It's getting really serious, especially now that summer is coming...some cities are WAY worse about this then others.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Suzuka Master

I just looked on the RV6 site as well and to my surprise they have parts for the R series civic so I can use those parts to mod!

To respond to ilx.cel even the 3rd gen TL systems with high flow cats are not cali legal. All their parts are "for off road use only" meaning none can legally be used for driving on the road. Obviously this doesnt mean people listen to that. But when it comes to smog, if it isnt road legal it isnt smog legal. Even the high flow cats I guess.

Maybe I just couldnt find anywhere they say cali legal but sites typically advertise that if they are.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any updates on this? I'd love to get my hands on one.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cypher7
Any updates on this? I'd love to get my hands on one.
I talked to Mike Chan he told me 10 days ago that they were finalizing the flanges of the PCD about a week ago from the 10 days so like 17 days ago lol

I'll email the guy and ask him when it'll be out to the public.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts
I've also messaged RV-R. They said soon, and agreed that the mounting locations are a bit different between the 2.4 TLX's.

I'm guessing these PCD's will have an defouler as well to keep the O2 sensor happy as well.

Just need to get this, then I can call up John @ Hytech Exhaust to make me a "Down-Pipe-Back" Twinloop exhaust =D
Old 05-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thmanx
I've also messaged RV-R. They said soon, and agreed that the mounting locations are a bit different between the 2.4 TLX's.

I'm guessing these PCD's will have an defouler as well to keep the O2 sensor happy as well.

Just need to get this, then I can call up John @ Hytech Exhaust to make me a "Down-Pipe-Back" Twinloop exhaust =D
I emailed Rich from Rv6 and they sent Mike the down pipe to see if it fits. So now its just a waiting game to see if it fits and what itll bring to the dyno after Mike tests it.

Twinloop exhaust? I would like to see how that'll look.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Interested, I just gutted my downpipe and the second cat this morning, sounds good at WOT not so much free revving
Old 05-31-2016, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Is it possible to start up a list of people of who wants to get one? I would like purchase one also.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Racer

Count me in for one
Old 06-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone heard any news about this?
Old 06-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Racer

Prototype exists. Needs to go into mass production after final test fitment and adjustments.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by INTEG-
Is it possible to start up a list of people of who wants to get one? I would like purchase one also.
Ill make sure to start a group buy if you would like one. I know afspec and myself will be getting one as soon as they come out. Im sure other 16 ilx owners will chip in once the time comes..
The guy whose doing the dynoing is taking awhile thats why its been taking this long. He's the only one with the prototype so its up to him.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Advanced

How much longer for the test pipe? I understand there is only one person working on the test pipe, but I would like to see some more pictures and comparisons. I would like to hear all the specs and maybe a dyno sheet if possible. I'm down to do a group buy.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Cruisin'

It is finally here!
Just purchased! Mike told me he got 17 to the wheels with this downpipe.
https://rv6-p.com/ilx-pcd-downpipe.html
Old 10-17-2016, 05:47 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow cool. Please let us know how the install goes and power results. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Here's an exhaust option if anyone is searching. I can also give quotes just PM me.

SCS7051 - DC Sports Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems - Excelerate Performance - European, Exotic and Japanese Performance Specialists!!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by surf808
Wow cool. Please let us know how the install goes and power results. Looking forward to it.
I'll let you know.. it gets here on friday, if i comes in the afternoon i will be able to install the same day.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Racer

I just ordered mine in Ceramic Silver.

Lets hope it slips through the EPA and gets to California. They have been doing a smog/cat/ilegal-part crackdown all summer...
Old 10-22-2016, 02:38 AM
Cruisin'

Makes my car sound like i have a turbo whirling up. Gonna look for where i made a mistake in the install.

Being an inexperienced 18 year old that has only installed an intake, i rate this installation a 5/10. Only difficulty was my big hands.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Racer

...my Ceramic RV6 PCD should arrive tomorrow. Depending on how adventurous I am this weekend, I could installed it Monday. >_<
Old 11-05-2016, 11:56 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Thmanx
...my Ceramic RV6 PCD should arrive tomorrow. Depending on how adventurous I am this weekend, I could installed it Monday. >_<
Just install mine w/o coating, it makes the car shake a little bit during idle. Pretty much all my lights on instrument cluster come on. I can feel a quicker acceleration but it hesitate a lot.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by mrKayTee
Just install mine w/o coating, it makes the car shake a little bit during idle. Pretty much all my lights on instrument cluster come on. I can feel a quicker acceleration but it hesitate a lot.
Did you install the defouler (O2 sensor adapter) under the car in exhaust?
Similar to this
http://www.rv6-p.com/installation/ac...en/9gI4PCD.pdf
Old 11-09-2016, 03:40 AM
Racer

Some Comparison photos I took today during the install of my Ceramic Silver PCD.

All and all this thing looks great, performs great, fits great, everything great. Just get one folks.
The following users liked this post:
MegaManILX (11-05-2018)
Old 11-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Intermediate

Hey Richie V6...dont forget to let me know when your ready for my donor car...
we spoke over the phone thursday afternoon. Thanks.

rguzman224@gmail.com
Old 11-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Racer

So 3 days if drivingi was able to accumulate enough drive cycles. Pulled the P0420 code.

So tomorrow il be backing the defouler out another 2 turns (4turns total) to see if it's enough to taper the exhaust flow and make the ECU happy... As well aa check for any exhaust leaks.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:31 PM
10th Gear

Anyone found a tune for the 2016+ILX I have reached out to a few different places but only Ktuner has said they will make a tune for the car but can't get a tester. (I don't live any where near them or I would)
Anyone know of any other tuner or tune for the 16+ILX

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Acura ILX RV6-P Downpipe