Simple Alpine Sub Setup

Old 12-09-2016, 12:48 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simple Alpine Sub Setup

W'sup AZINE. I am currently running an Alpine MRV-500 amp, a Alpine 10inch Type S sub, and Stinger Amp wires. I am not going to show how I ran the power wires but will show you on how I connected the amp with out a REMOTE WIRE and RCA wires. If you do some research on certain amps, some amps will have a SPEAKER LEVEL INPUT connection (as you can see in the pics). The cool thing about the speaker level input is that it acts like a remote wire too with out having to have the remote wire running to a fuse or lci. Here are some pictures, hopefully this can clear things up for people on who want to do a simple set up with out having to buy an lci or have any extra wiring.

My first picture shows my setup using a AudioControl LC2i. I would need to run power wires and a remote wire along with RCA cable. After running wires, i would have to mount or hide it.

It bothered me so much that I decided to remove the Audio Control LC2i and make use of the Speaker Level Input on the Alpine MRV-500 amp. I am grabbing the speaker level output from the stock sub connection. (sorry no pics).

Finished Product.

Hope You Guys Enjoyed.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Nice setup.

Curious - your last pic shows the rear bumper reflectors as actually lit up. Is that a mod? I thought those were just reflectors...
Old 12-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
very nice!

I love that amp.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
Nice setup.

Curious - your last pic shows the rear bumper reflectors as actually lit up. Is that a mod? I thought those were just reflectors...
Those are just reflectors. His flash is setting off the effect of the reflectors.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Ah! I just noticed the flash reflection in the bumber.

Search this Thread