automatic door locks 2016 ILX

Old 09-17-2015, 01:19 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
automatic door locks 2016 ILX

It would seem logical that the Acura would automatically lock all doors after a preset time after parking with all windows and doors closed. I had a Mercedes that did that (but nothing else very well) but have not seen a way to achieve that with the ILX. Did I miss something in the driver's manual? Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:40 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by peregrine22
It would seem logical that the Acura would automatically lock all doors after a preset time after parking with all windows and doors closed. I had a Mercedes that did that (but nothing else very well) but have not seen a way to achieve that with the ILX. Did I miss something in the driver's manual? Any guidance would be much appreciated.
I double checked the User's Guilde and I could not find a way to set the doors to auto lock either. I know my RDX did this but it looks like the function is not part of the ILX systems.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Is pressing the lock button on the key fob THAT inconvenient when you step out of the car..??
The following users liked this post:
CurrentDraw (01-01-2017)
Old 09-30-2015, 12:43 PM
6th Gear

I don't believe your car will lock automatically for you unless you unlock your car, but don't open the any of the doors, then after a certain time the car will relock itself. You can adjust the time it takes to relock itself in the tech menu.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Instructor

Im coming from BMW and know German cars inside out pretty well. In most cars if you unlock the car with the remote and didn't open the car it will unlock. In my 335i BMW i have option to keep it or remove it.
Now back to ILX you are provided with settings for doors in your dashboard menu. I'm trying to figure out what you want to accomplish! drive the car-- stop-- get out-- car should lock itself after a specific time ? (if the keys in your pocket)
Key-less entry: at all times key in your pocket, the minute you touch the handle the door will unlock based on your setting driver door or all doors including trunk. Now existing the car same similar operation with the exception of clicking the small button on the handle and that will lock your car, with a peep if set. if that didn't happen then one of the doors or trunk still open.
There is no need to touch your keyfob at all unless you want to open the car/trunk from distance for someone else.
settings for doors/ while shift in park you can access through the steering wheel
Old 11-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by peregrine22
I had this feature b4 on my chevy omg i hated it. I lock my keys in the car like 3 times. And when i pass the car down to my bro the same happen to him. But that was back then. The ilx does not allow the doors to lock with the key inside thank god!! I had all the doors locked with the trunk open forgot my key in the trunk and the trunk would not close with the key inside, it made a beeping sound to alert me.
But i did notice if i unlock the doors with the key and dont actually open the door, the car locks the doors again i check the settings and we are able to change the time , i have mine on 30 seconds, if i dont open my door after 30 seconds from unlocking it will lock again
Old 01-01-2017, 03:38 PM
2nd Gear

Hello, I have a 2016 Acura ILX, and need to please confirm that the car cannot lock with the keys inside it?
thanks
Old 01-12-2017, 10:32 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by jking3
Hello, I have a 2016 Acura ILX, and need to please confirm that the car cannot lock with the keys inside it?
thanks
I the fob is inside the car, your car won't lock. Even you have 2nd key inside and you try to lock with your first key. It will not lock as well.