2015 ILX iPhone 6 not reading text messages - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

2015 ILX iPhone 6 not reading text messages

Old 09-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #1

2015 ILX iPhone 6 not reading text messages

Hello,
I have a 2015 ilx 2.0 and I am using an iphone 6 on verizon.

Since I got the phone (August 2015) the phone would disconnect from the HFL then reconnect within the minute. Happens all the time whether I'm on a call or not. Other than disconnecting the system worked properly, displaying and reading my text messages (when it was connected). This past July I decided that it was the phone and Apple replaced my phone, but the problem continued. This past week I decided that it was the car that was the problem. The dealer replaced the HFL unit, but I still have the disconnect issue and now the car will not display or read my text messages. The dealer has kept the car for over a week and cannot figure what the issue is. They claim that the unit is fine because it will display and read texts from an android phone. I have also connected my wife's iphone and I have the same issue no display or reading of texts and it will disconnect. I have been on the phone with Acura support and they confirm I have all settings correct on the phone (Yes, I have the display messages turned on in the bluetooth setting on the phone). Like I stated, it worked properly before they replaced the HFL, other than disconnecting. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
rmilkow is offline   Reply With Quote