Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

So...f*ck you, supplements! (What happens beyond the hype)

Old 10-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
So...f*ck you, supplements! (What happens beyond the hype)

So, I just thought I'd post this here as there are so many ill advised individuals whom (a) will never achieve their goals (b) believe said goals can only be achieved through means of industry and (c) believe that anabolic states are maintained ONLY through supplementation.

I'm sparing you the backstory, but bottom line is this...when I started my journey, I simply said "NO" to the supplementation industry as a whole, and devised a dietary plan that should cover the gamut.

In short, the following transformation was achieved with WHOLE FOOD ONLY. No supplements, no shakes, pills, or any such snake oil.

You be the judge...and I ask, do YOU REALLY NEED SUPPLEMENTS?

What am I taking? ACV, raw garlic, cayenne, tumeric. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!!

The following 10 users liked this post by DeathMetal:
65 Fury Convert (11-10-2013), corrado85 (01-23-2015), CUNextTuesday (11-11-2013), imj0257 (01-17-2014), Ken1997TL (10-27-2013), Majofo (10-28-2013), Mr. Maker (01-02-2014), Papa_Sean (11-17-2013), phile (11-02-2013), TCM TL 05 (11-03-2013) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
You forgot the most important ingredient: Discipline!

Awesome transformation man
The following 3 users liked this post by mdkxtreme:
DeathMetal (10-25-2013), EL19 (10-28-2013), Ken1997TL (10-27-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
You forgot the most important ingredient: Discipline!
Naturally, my friend.

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON SUPPLEMENTS, ALL!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
All natural is the way to go. You can tell you use great discipline and didn't take any shortcuts. Hell yea, man!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:16 AM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
Damn.... nice Iphone case
The following users liked this post:
Mark Swakow (01-02-2021)
Old 10-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Good work....
Old 10-26-2013, 07:04 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
death metal for the motherfucking winnnnnn!

i started my non-supplementing journey!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
wait what? you don't want to spend a crap of money only to be able to pinch a shellsfish protien loaf? :P

congrats on doing it the proper way

Edit: I hope that pink phone belongs to your wife or daughter lol, cause if not, you gonna have to turn in that man card even after all of that hard work

Last edited by YeuEmMaiMai; 10-26-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
nice work!! and a lot of hard work!

chemicals and artificial crap...is just poison. your body will be healthier for it.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Yea I've been meaning to return these multi vitamins I bought from GNC. Noticed it didn't make much a difference when I use them.

Then again since I've stopped my belly fat has blown up..
Old 10-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Anyways great job!

Any tips?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
Edit: I hope that pink phone belongs to your wife or daughter lol, cause if not, you gonna have to turn in that man card even after all of that hard work
I'd Rock a pink iPhone case

It's just a color and ridiculous that people associate it with a gender.
#1 STUNNA (10-26-2014)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Originally Posted by Mizouse
Any tips?
I'll provide a full detail tomorrow.

NOTE: The pink iPhone is my wife's 5S which has superior image capture compared to my Droid, but honestly, like Mizouse said...it's a fucking color. Grow some goddamn security and get over it.
Mizouse (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Looking forward to the update. I've tried shopping at a whole foods market before and it ain't cheap. I'd love to see a breakdown of a work out regime/diet. Amazing transformation for within a year. Congrats sir.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Well done. Losing weight and getting in better shape is all about discipline. No fancy foods, diets or supplements required.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
Not the same person in the photos

This is inspiring. Looking forward to your tips. I've been unable to go to the gym for the past month because I ruptured my achilles. It's been killing me since I was going 4 to 5 times a week prior to. This is even greater motivation for me to get back.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM

Definitely looking forward to your write up man! Might have to start a new thread if it's highly detailed.

I remembered enjoying reading Whisker's thread on what he did to lose a lot of weight
Old 10-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
DM!!!

Thanks for wearing pants this time..

DeathMetal (11-02-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 01:25 AM

Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job! Personally, I still find value in daily multi-v, protein shakes & fish oil, but thumbs up on the consistently and discipline behind your transformation.

Any update on your workout routine?
Old 11-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Ok, here's the breakdown of my approach. Now, I must be honest with everyone here and detail that the image depicts me at a mass caloric deficit, running 8% BF. I'm currently maintaining at 12%, which still puts me in a nice, shapely manner that looks nothing of my former. So let's start out with the workout.

WORKOUT
ANY WORKOUT ROUTINE WILL DO. There is no magic bullet, so long as you're ACTUALLY working out, you'll see results...if your diet is in check. But I cannot stress enough, you should be huffing, burning, searing at the end of the set. THAT'S resistance training. So here's a typical routine.

The biggest difference in this approach is FORM, FORM, FORM, FORM. I can throw up 120lb. dumbells amd rep away on chest, but I no longer employ such a strategy. As of this point in time, it's ALL ABOUT FORM. Think about it. When you do biceps, do you do JUST biceps? Can you stand and rep in a position where the shoulders are not employed at all? Can you do a lateral raise and not move ANYTHING other than the medial delts? Can you do flyes and hold tension throughout the entire set?

I'm going to guess you CAN'T. But probably because you haven't thought of it that way. All I am saying is this...if you're doing resistance training, drop the weight, and focus on three things ONLY. ISOLATION, HOLD THE REP, and FAILURE. Think...THINK about the lift. Employ only the muscle used. When you've reached contraction, hold it, let it burn like hell, then control the negative, AND DON'T GO TO A STOP POSITION - retain the tension, and bang it out until you lose form. Rest 120s and do it again.

EXAMPLE: I CANNOT perform my lateral raises on Wednesday with anything above 15lbs...and neither could you, using the same form. I'm not trying to be 'holier than thou', but I'm simply stressing, that...well, using proper form is really, really hard, and once you start doing it, you're going to realize that high weights do not beget big gains - proper form and nutrition do.

MONDAY - CHEST, BACK
Deadlift superset w/ Flyes, tripleset in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
T-Bar rows superset w/ Incline in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Hyper extensions superset w/ lower pec cable X-Over in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Trap shrugs superset w/ Arnold press in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3

WEDNESDAY - DELTS, TRIS
Barbell rows superset w/ cambered bar pull down, tripleset in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Seated lateral raises superset w/ kickbacks in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Reverse incline DB flyes superset w/ DB extension in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Cable pulls superset w/ incline skull crushers in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3

WEDNESDAY - DELTS, TRIS
Barbell rows superset w/ cambered bar pull down, tripleset in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Seated lateral raises superset w/ kickbacks in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Reverse incline DB flyes superset w/ DB extension in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3
Cable pulls superset w/ incline skull crushers in to stationary bike for 30s. Rest 60s. x 3

DIET / SUPPLEMENTATION

DETERMINATION of CALORIC NEEDS
I’m not blessed with a fast metabolism. My metabolism is dog shit slow, so this is a very important factor to get right. In order to make sure my body was properly fed, I spent a few weeks monitoring my blood sugar levels to see what worked best. This is what I am doing and is catered to a specific demand for my lifestyle and body type, so this will need to be tinkered accordingly.
STEP 1 – Determine Your Basal Metabolic Rate
This is what your body demands solely to maintain your current level of mass. You can look up the scientific backing on Wikipedia. It’s a reasonable equation until the coefficients are applied, IMHO. CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK.

STEP 2 – FACTOR YOUR ACTIVITY LEVEL
This is where it gets good, and I have found this model to be very accurate. The Harris Benedict formula applies a coefficicent based upon your level of activity, so I am using a coefficient of 1.375 since I perform heavy resistance training 3 to 5 days a week, which is more anaerobic than aerobic.

Now, if I’m cutting – the math gets really fucking crazy from here on out. But that’s a different email as a whole, and a process known as carb cycling to regularly confuse the body in to lyposis for purpose of oxygenating adipose tissue foremost.

I have found that in order to maintain a low blood sugar throughout the day, 6 meals is the way to go. Large meal = insulin spike, storage, adipsose tissue growth, blah, blah. “BUT, IT’S A MYTH!” Sure, you’ll find arguments on both sides of the coin. But I KNOW I get hungry 6 times a day. I KNOW it maintains my blood sugar better. I KNOW I stay leaner. Use whatever denomination here you see fit – but I eat when I’m hungry, and my system is clockwork now. But here’s the rub: I lift heavy. Frequently. I’m not trying to pat myself on the back here. All I’m simply noting is that your Meals per Day should be an intelligent choice based upon your needs as an individual – if you’re very active and working out in any capacity, there’s benefit to less meals. I suggest the following reading: Munsters MJ, Saris WH. Effects of meal frequency on metabolic profiles and substrate partitioning in lean healthy males. PLoS One. 2012;7(6):e38632. And if that’s not enough, there’s this, Solomon TP, Chambers ES, Jeukendrup AE, Toogood AA, Blannin AK. The effect of feeding frequency on insulin and ghrelin responses in human subjects. Br J Nutr. 2008 Oct;100(4):810-9. And I can fill several pages supporting that for my lifestyle, yes, 6 meals will do.
Your meal frequency should be catered to your own lifestlye, period. (I think I’ve said that enough). BOTTOM LINE: The enemy is EXCESS CALORIES!

(BMR)(HB Coefficient) / (MEALS per DAY) = CALORIES per MEAL. We can use my method for an example. That makes for 438 calories / meal.

So how do the macros break down? It’s really up to you, but here’s what I do:
191lbs bodyweight = 191g protein

191g protein / 6 meals = 32g or so protein per meal

So, now we need to consider the total MASS of the protein source, and I eat chicken breast nearly non-stop, so we’ll use this as a base UOM, and holds true for most white meats. Again, I am not using red meat as I don’t consider red meat a food option due to cholesterol content.

32g of protein = 114g of chicken breast
(32g protein)(4 calories / g protein) = 128 calories

Now, let’s take in to consideration vegetable choices, which I almost always consume in the raw with rare exception (i.e. asparagus). You have your option of starchy and non-starchy, which I typically maintain at an 80:20 split, and general rule of thumb for thermodynamic breakdown is 0.2 cal/ g for fibrous and 0.6cal/g for starchy. Double up.

(228g fresh vegetables, preferably in the raw)((0.2cal/g(0.8) +(0.6cal/g)(0.2)) = 64 calories

438 calories - (128 calories + 64 calories) = 246 calories

Now, I like to keep my fat low, so I stick to maybe about 15g of fat per meal, and at 9cal/g, we’re at 135 calories.
246 calories – 135 calories = 111 calories that I theoretically NEED to MAINTAIN weight. But here’s the deal – with that many vegetables, that’s actually MORE than enough volume to properly engage the stomach’s stretch receptors and summarily fill the tank for the next 3 hours.
As you saw in my FB post, I do my cooking Saturday night. I cook the same meal, in equal portions, for 5 days at 4 containers per day of the same thing. That’s 20 equally distributed Tupperware containers ready for a busy working day, and I’ll add a 6th day if I know it will be a demanding Saturday. “But you’re always at a deficit?” Yes, that’s the point. You’re not going to be starving, not at all. Half a pound of vegetables with every meal is quite a volume of food, and you WILL be full with NO EXCESS PROVIDED. I add black rice to my post workout meal only.

“Isn’t the Paleo?” Nah, I’m not sold on Paleo as most people consider it OK to add steak, beef, sausage, and other non-carb, high cholesterol sources to their diet. I’m not convinced the whole Paleo thing isn’t a few strokes short of a cardiologist’s wet dream as American clogs their arterial lines with fatty animal protein as I see very few people really doing it “clean”.
So that’s the diet. TONS of vegetables, lean white protein, and minimal carbs, taken only when an insulin spike it needed PWO.

CHEAT DAYS

Yep, I cheat. I’ll spend a meal on a binge, or get tanked one night, but that means one thing the next day – intermittent fasting for 36 hours or so. Why? I still like beer on Saturday nights while I’m cooking. Spending hours in the kitchen when everyone is asleep is pretty damn boring, and alcohol livens things up a bit. I like to fire up my iPod, crack some cold ones, and get to grilling/chopping. Using this convention, it has had nothing short of a POSITIVE effect on my BF levels, so I’m sticking with it. I’ve read countless articles on the matter, this is the best and most comprehensive overview short of reading an entire book: http://www.romanfitnesssystems.com/b...t-fasting-201/

Just a heads up, hours 18 – 26 are hell. Always, no matter the frequency.
DETOX
Since we’re now consuming lot’s of raw and proper fresh food, with NO pre-packaged food or red meat, it’s still a good idea to purge of toxins in a safe manner. We’ll maintain through supplementation. So let’s talk detox. In my obsessive readings of Chernobly, I read that the liquidators were supplied with something known as French Green Clay to protect the thyroid during the incident and has since grown to show efficacy in stripping other opllutants from the system without causing any major bacterial disruption caused by, say, Dr.Natura or any other such similar programs. Dr.Janet Hull has a good review here: http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/..._radiation.php
As well as other links to provide an overview of the program. I could write more, but their words serve a far better reference. Every few months, I will consume 1tbsp, twice a day, for one week. I don’t know if this is really doing anything, as I feel no different before/after…but perhaps its because I am maintainin already good health. Nonetheless, the science seems sound, and is good peace of mind insofaras I am concerned.

GUT HEALTH
We are reading more, and more…and more about how seemingly all ails originate in the gut, and to this end I am taking two particular approaches on but health. My morning cocktail is not coffee, no, but 1tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 raw, chewed garlic cloves upon awakening. We’ll get in to the garlic later, but gut health is all about FERMENTED FOODS. Kefir, ACV, cottage cheese, and the like should all be incorporated to ensure we balance out the good bacteria and allow it to flourish. To this end, Apple Cider Vinegar is a mainstay. My man Hippocrates discovered the stuff. Again here’s a link, but Google is your friend and and help find many more things on the matter. My evening meal is also 1 cup of cottage cheese (salt free) and helps to further facilitate a proper bacteria balance in the gut. Don’t even look at any brand other than Bragg,

http://bragg.com/products/acvFAQ.html

SUPPLEMENT NATUALLY
After watching Bigger, Stronger, Faster, I swore off supplements as a whole. No powders, pills, NOTHING. In short, its all a snake oil since that more often than not is rooted in a minor scientific survey and exploited to no end.

EXAMPLE: Acetyl-L-Carnitne is sold as pills for weight loss. FACT: It was only shown to have efficacy if INJECTED intramuscularly with insulin…but, hey, why bother with that little fact?

EXAMPLE 2: Green coffee bean extract is sold as pills for weight loss. FACT: It was only shown to work in a SINGLE study…with OBESE patients…whom CONCURRENTLY changed their DIET, and EXERCISE habits (but was not tracked!!!)…and best of all…FUNDED BY A GREEN COFFEE BEAN MANUFACTURER!

I could go on and on. But main thing is this: I want to supplements for antioxidant value and longevity.
To this end, I am employing supplements rooted in Ayurvedic medicine, as from both my observation and discovery in scientific text, they readily employ herbal remedies over what big pharma has o offer and with great success.

SUPPLEMENT #1: Cayenne Pepper
This is it. The king of all supplements. Anything I could tell you here would readily be superseded by the link I am providing, so I encourage you do your own reading on the linked website and notice – all of the claims are backed up with medical study references…in India and places OTHER than the US…because heaven forbid a plant provides us with a cure. If this link does not convince you, then skip the entire supplement suggestion as a whole.

CLICK HERE FOR THE WEBSITE.

SUPPLEMENT #2: Turmeric
This is a long established supplement used across the globe everywhere except for…the US. Again, this hosts a litany of benefits, HOWEVER, it’s not even fully known if these are the only benefits! It is the only known supplement capable of penetrating the blood brain barrier and works SYNGERGISTICALLY with cayenne…so taken together, the efficacy is amplified.

Here is one link, and further investigation can lead you to the scientific study showing turmeric OUTPERFORMS big pharma. http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03001...-Turmeric.html
This is the breakdown and has a massive link to the actual studies proving how powerful this herb is: http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/turmeric

SUPPLEMENT #3: Ceylon Cinnamon
Did you know the cassia cinnamon, the most common, tabletop cinnamon is liver toxic? Well, it is, so make sure that even if you’re not supplementing, your family converts to the safer form, Ceylon, which is not as sweet but far more aromatic and deeper in taste. This is due to courmarin, I lost my links for cinnamon, but Google can make the case.

SUPPLEMENT #4: Raw Garlic
Again, to the end of proper gut health and overall well being. It works well for arterial flexibility, blood pressure, antioxidatant, and helps proper gut bacertia to flourish. Make note, though, ONLY THE RAW FORM IS WORTH YOUR WHILE. If you’re not taking raw garlic, you will simply not be releasing and absorbing the health benefits. I take 6 to 8 cloves daily…and I only ‘stink’ when I sweat heavily. I’m a married carrier man with a child – if I’m going to occasionally smell, mote it be.

Here is a good link, with medical study link provided on the site: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/heal...aily-3577.html

SUPPLEMENT #5: Black Rice
Not really a supplement, but the only carb source I use as of late. I occasionally indulge in other forms on a cheat day, but no other carb exists in my diet otherwise. Keep in mind studies are emerging, but the current evidence is strong.

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/20...long-life-rice
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22930061

CONCLUSION

So that’s it in a nutshell, so to speak. Again, there’s a billion different approaches one could take, but this is my all-encompassing approach on my long term health goals. I have been following this specific protocol for nearly all of 2013 and feel better at 32 than I did at 21. My weight indicates I’m doing the right thing, as does my energy, mood, and test values. All of the decisions made for this approach have scientific backing, although counterarguments will ALWAYS exists in the opposite direction.

To this end, I leave this open to debate and criticism, and will happy field any questions you may have.
The following 8 users liked this post by DeathMetal:
04WDPSeDaN (10-26-2014), Acura_Dude (11-03-2013), cM3go (11-12-2013), Costco (11-06-2013), EL19 (11-03-2013), fiya (11-05-2013), Mizouse (11-02-2013), Mr. Maker (01-02-2014) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Definitely looking forward to your write up man! Might have to start a new thread if it's highly detailed.
This is the Cliff's Notes version...
Old 11-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

LAST NOTE:

I spend my Saturday evenings cooking my meals for the week...so if you're serious about this, you better be ready to get serious in the kitchen.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by DeathMetal
you better be ready to get serious in the kitchen.
One of my favorite quotes I've heard regarding getting rid of stomach fat: "Abs are formed in the kitchen, not in the gym"
Old 11-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
Lol, don't take the phone thing serious, it was a joke.

That cayenne pepper vid tho!!!! SO INFORMATIVE!!!

Also, other than before and after pics, do you have any progress pics?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

One of my favorite quotes I've heard regarding getting rid of stomach fat: "Abs are formed in the kitchen, not in the gym"
And its absolutely true.

Originally Posted by HairyMonkey019
Also, other than before and after pics, do you have any progress pics?
I think I do, I might have to check. The first 10 weeks progressed VERY slowly, then, *BOOM*, my body went allll in the right direction.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

SAMPLE DAY

06:00 - 2 cloves garlic, raw + 1 tbsp ACV
08:00 - Meal 1 of regimen + clove raw garlic
09:00 - 1/2 tsp cayenne + 1 tsp turmeric + 1/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon
11:00 - Meal 2 + clove raw garlic
12:00 - WORKOUT
14:00 - Meal 3 + black rice + clove raw garlic
17:00 - Meal 4 + clove raw garlic
19:30 - Dinner w/ fam
21:30 - 1 cup cottage cheese w/ natty PB
Old 11-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

So this week (11/02/13), I'm doing "chili", less the carbs.

You CANNOT match the price point with supplements, and you're talking all WHOLE FOOD, banging out 44g of protein for at least 4 meals a week.

This is my Saturday night.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Old 11-03-2013, 01:06 AM

Also another really good advice I've heard is that people tend to be very lazy to workout. Sacrificing just one hour a day to be active is hard for some. So instead of working out for an hour, research what is healthy and learn how to cook them. The hour that you invested to learn how to keep a good diet will pay off even more than the hour you would take to work out.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:01 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Very informative DM. You broke it all down scientifically in great detail. THANKS!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the write up! Kudos on the precision behind your diet regiment.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent 47
Great job! Personally, I still find value in daily multi-v, protein shakes & fish oil, but thumbs up on the consistently and discipline behind your transformation.

To be honest, I'm in the same boat. I use supplementation in the manner of the definition of the word -- to basically fill in the cracks with my diet, so to speak. multivitamins, fish oil, and protein powders/bars are the only supplements I use. I'd say less than 20% of the protein I take in comes from powders (a lot of it tastes like ass, too!) Otherwise I go to town on some low-fat dairy, chicken, turkey, fish or beef (as lean as possible, of course).

Also animal protein vs milk or soy protein? I've heard the latter is better for overall health, but animal protein has more BCAAs. Or is it all the same as far as the profile?

btw would protein bars be considered "supplements" ? I mean, they contain protein isolates, but what if they also contain peanuts, granola, etc?

and congrats on being able to see your dong (just noticed the tag)
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Congrats, i know you were very dialed in on this from the beginning. It is great you are now living a healthy lifestyle. The easiest thing for people to do is nothing or take a pill, and you did neither.
It's awesome to see someone else take responsibility for their own health and fitness and not blame someone else.

DeathMetal (11-20-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
holy effin shizzzz.....

great work Dan....looking fit :giggity:

I have been out of shape after I stopped working out about a year back....for the past year, I was on and off but I really need to start working out again and get back in shape....am a good 15-20lbs over where I would like to be....

I might try your food regime....I hate hate supplements, I just take some whey protein and thats it....only because I used to travel from Monday - Thursday every week and it got crazy carrying all that cooked food....and once you are traveling and on the client site, cant really eat 5-6 proper meals....

but thanks a lot for the post and the breakdown, I am definitely going to try this....

so what preworkout supplement do you recommend
DeathMetal (11-20-2013)
Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 AM

Since you cook your weeks worth of food Saturday night, do you ever notice your food doesn't taste as fresh by Thursday Friday?

I cook mine usually Sunday night and notice by Thursday/Friday it's kind meh tasting by then.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Freeze it? That's what I always did. Even if the freeze is for a day or two.

Especially the chicken.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mizouse
Since you cook your weeks worth of food Saturday night, do you ever notice your food doesn't taste as fresh by Thursday Friday?

I cook mine usually Sunday night and notice by Thursday/Friday it's kind meh tasting by then.
I feel the same way when I make brown rice with chicken.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ this....

I only cook for 3-4 days at a time....I cook twice a week but atleast the food taste
Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,287 Likes on 952 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks like you duplicated your Wednesday workout instead of I assume what Friday would be. Please correct

Sorry if I missed it, have you done the same workout style and diet routine for the last 9 months? Also did you have previous working out history in your life. I doubt you just started working out for the first time in your life this year. Not trying to poke holes but just pinpointing weaknesses in my game.

Quick Reply: So...f*ck you, supplements! (What happens beyond the hype)