Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Im still fat(according to OP)

Old 05-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Originally Posted by wndrlst
Have you taken any body measurements to track? Do you feel as though you have more stamina or strength? Do your clothes fit the same?

Even if you don't know for sure if you've lost any weight, the exercise IS good for you, and it is making you a healthier person. Be patient and keep up the good work.

As for your diet, any improvement is good. Small steps in the right direction are still good steps. Keep working on it.

hmm... havent taken any body measurements cause i dont think my school gym has anything of that sort.

although i do feel more stamina on running a mile, and my clothes do fit a little bit differently.

anyways, this week i only worked out 1 day, cause i had a midterm that despite all the studying i did, tore me a new butthole
Old 05-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Newplay1
If you want to just lose 10-20lbs you can try eating half of what you used to eat. And maybe 45mins of treadmill after lunch. And of course no booze~
thats impossible for me

jk, im actually pretty much over the party scene here...
Old 05-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
hmm... havent taken any body measurements cause i dont think my school gym has anything of that sort.

although i do feel more stamina on running a mile, and my clothes do fit a little bit differently.
anyways, this week i only worked out 1 day, cause i had a midterm that despite all the studying i did, tore me a new butthole
That sounds promising. Whatever you do, don't look at it as having failed if you don't do as well for a week, or even two. Don't quit. Pick it right back up and keep going.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will sound kind of :ghey: and odd, but im sure some of you have heard of this and maybe some of you even do this. Write your goals down on paper or somewhere you will see them everyday, then read them everyday, it will help you visualize your goals and keep them in sight. I did this when I played soccer...just wrote my golas down "Faster, better, stronger" then read them everyday and it helps you go that extra little bit further you didnt think you could go, it helped tons. I made huge improvements in my game and I'm 100% positive its because I wrote my golas down, read them, and pushed myself towards them.

Just set resonable goals to start off with, something you can reach. Then gradually set goals that take that extra 10% to reach and you will reach them before you know it. Also, as somebody mentioned earlier, fitness is a lifestyle change, not just something that is done in the gym. It takes dedication and will wear on you sometimes. Losing weight is different for everybody, its just metabolism and work ethic. some people have hyper-active metabolism (me ) and some people have a slower metabolism, its just a matter of how much you want it so to say. Just stay focused in the gym and stay healthy all day. Good Luck You'll get to where you want to be in time, just know it will happen if you stick to the new lifestyle.

p.s.- if you have any random questions about work out routines, dont hesitate to ask, my mom is a personal trainer.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 PM

well an update to the situation, i was working out and dieting ok for most of the quarter, but the weeks before during and after finals my eating habits went down the pooper cause i was busy trying to study and so yea my eating was bad so i ballooned up and am paying for it.

anyways now that its summer and school is more relax here is my work out plan (tell me what you think):

Monday: Weight lifting - focus on upper body
Abs
Chest
Arms
Back

Tuesday: Cardio
30 minutes running
30 minutes elliptical
30 minutes bike or other cardio

Wednesday: Weight lifting - focus on lower body
Legs
?

Thursday: Cardio
30 minutes running
30 minutes elliptical
30 minutes bike or other cardio

Friday:Weight lifting - focus on upper body
Abs
Chest
Arms
Back

Saturday: rest or maybe just running or swimming

Sunday: rest

in terms of diet this is what im planning on doing (but overall im just going to eat more healthy):

morning: oatmeal or special K cereal + non fat milk

mid morning: a banana and granola bar

lunch: Salad containing romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and tuna w/ 2tbsp italian dressing or a sandwich with turkey meat on whole wheat bread w/ non fat cheese.

mid afternoon: a plum, apple, and non fat yogurt.

Dinner: Baked chicken breast fillet w/ brown/wild rice and veggies or Baked fish w/ brown/wild rice and veggies.

ohh and drinking TONS of water.

I think for me because i had no set plan on what exactly to do, that is why i didnt follow it so well, if i have a list telling me exactly what to do i tend to stick to them.

anyways what are some weight lifting exercises i can do for my upper body and lower body? and how does this all look? any improvements/stuff to change?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:57 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
yeah, finals week(s) always kills the exercise and eating habits. seems like you have a pretty good routine laid out.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Nice routine. Remember, to be energetic, don't forget to eat your breakfast. Doesn't really matter about the other meals, but you really need to start your day with a nice breakfast.

You don't necessarily need to cut down on your meals. A little bit is okay, but the biggest part probably is spacing out your meals, eating in small portions, to digest your foods easier.

Cardio is very important when you want to lose weight, just keep at it, don't forget to stretch before you run. A lot of people simply ignore the fact that stretching needs to be done before an exercise. I was 190lbs in my senior year in High School, and 5 months after that, I was down to 143lbs. Just followed a strict eating schedule, didn't eat any less or more, and a good cardio workout. Worked like a charm.

Good luck to you sir. It's been 2 years since I was 143lbs, I'm currently around 156lbs, I don't have anytime to do anymore exercising for in the summer, my job is taking up my exercising schedule. I'll continue my workout during the school year. Cheers and keep up the good work Mizouse!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Midwest TSXer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For individuals with limited time, I would highly recommend 6-8 exercise total body workouts 3x's/week, followed by 10-20 minutes of interval training on a treadmill or elliptical. Take 1-2 minute breaks after eat round of 6-8 exercises, and go through that 3-4 times, it should take you about 30 minutes and then follow it up with the interval training and have a great workout in under and hour.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:02 PM

ohh man, so my new house im living in at school has a pool and man am i out of shape for swimming, im guessing the pool is about 10 yards, i could barely do 20yards w/o being slightly short of breath.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
That's Racist

just stumbled across ur thread miz. how're things going
Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 PM

pretty bad cause the past month I've been at home with no gym access... and my mom is forcing me to eat good food so

when i get back to school I'm getting back into routine.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:16 PM

^^^ you don't necessarily need a gym...you can run around the neighborhood...you can do pushups (on a bball if you have one or a stack of books)...crunches...buy a work out ball...you can do plenty of things to keep in shape besides the gym....sounds like a bit of laziness rather than not having access to a gym....
Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by UNeeKLiNG
^^^ you don't necessarily need a gym...you can run around the neighborhood...you can do pushups (on a bball if you have one or a stack of books)...crunches...buy a work out ball...you can do plenty of things to keep in shape besides the gym....sounds like a bit of laziness rather than not having access to a gym....
Sex is a great exercise....
Old 09-20-2007, 04:22 PM

i tried to edit but i took too long....i was going to continue to say

"i only say that because I've seen your numerous post on various fitness threads about you doing the damn thing and then some kind of excuse of why it hasn't happened...i'm not trying to be a dick...but if your'e really really serious...nothing will get in your way especially not having access to a gym...your initial goal is weight loss right? you can do that in almost any type of surrounding...most important is eating right...."
Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Sex is a great exercise....
^^^Werd!!! so get on it Mizouse...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM
That's Racist

Miz, not having a gym is a poor excuse bud

Buy urself a copy of "Never Gymless" by Ross Enamit (www.rosstraining.com)

it's a lot of explosive strength training and conditioning that will guarantee to beat your ass into shape if you're missing a gym.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
Miz, not having a gym is a poor excuse bud

Buy urself a copy of "Never Gymless" by Ross Enamit (www.rosstraining.com)

it's a lot of explosive strength training and conditioning that will guarantee to beat your ass into shape if you're missing a gym.
werd...also i was just thinking...get the big work out ball...you can do wall squats on those and other forms of exercise....you can do lunges in place or across your yard maybe holding a gallon of water or something....from what I've read, the legs, back, and core are the most important muscle groups that'll help kick start the rest of your body getting fit....
Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Put on some trainers and run somewhere....
Old 09-20-2007, 05:16 PM

well i have no equipment here and dont plan on buying any cause im a cheapass and dont want to spend money on it because im only home at most 2-3 weeks at a time.

and its not like i have been just sitting here the entire time, my mom just makes a fat list of chores for me to do when i come home, and i have to drive her around and help her do this and that. =T
Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Well it looks like AZ will be seeing more of these types of post/threads by Mizouse with that attitude. Not even a hint of effort in his tone. Well, I tried with some simple suggestions. I met you a few years ago at an OC meet and you really seem like a nice guy. I think you were starting UCR and I was on my last year. Good luck to you with your fitness and girls. You need to boost your self-confidence first imo before you can accomplish any of your goals or maybe you just need to put the rubber to the road, throw the excuses/complaining out the window, and get something done.

Just do it.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by UNeeKLiNG
Well it looks like AZ will be seeing more of these types of post/threads by Mizouse with that attitude. Not even a hint of effort in his tone. Well, I tried with some simple suggestions. I met you a few years ago at an OC meet and you really seem like a nice guy. I think you were starting UCR and I was on my last year. Good luck to you with your fitness and girls. You need to boost your self-confidence first imo before you can accomplish any of your goals or maybe you just need to put the rubber to the road, throw the excuses/complaining out the window, and get something done.

Just do it.
i have been keeping up since i made that post w/ my workouts and diet, you do realize i made this thread about 6 months ago?

ive just been off the past 3 weeks because im at home and cant really stick to my routine because i have to help out my mom.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:43 PM

i have been keeping up since i made that post w/ my workouts and diet, you do realize i made this thread about 6 months ago?

ive just been off the past 3 weeks because im at home and cant really stick to my routine because i have to help out my mom.
From your first post of this thread 6 months ago
"im still fat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well the thread says it all

i remember saying almost a year ago that i was going to get into shape and start up a routine and this and that to do it

well that obviously didnt happen

well this time i am going to do it!
going to go hit up the gym after my 10pm class tonight

ill let you guys know how well im doing in a week"

So this includes this thread, and you saying you were going to do it a year and six months ago, and not to mention other post/threads that I've seen my 5 years on AZine. I'm not trying to pick on you but it seems like you make a goal to get fit, lose weight and never follow through. It's all talk. So if you think I said what I said from just this thread then maybe you should do a search for all the past stuff you have posted or threads you've started. It's not going to take a week or even a few months. It takes a lot of dedication, commitment, and a good attitude, which you don't have AT the moment apparently.

Look at the progress Whiskers made. It took him quite some time and he stuck to it. So I'm not saying you can't do it because you can. I'm just saying I've seen you're post over the years and it has been the same "i'm still fat and i want to lose weight and get fit" then a few weeks or a month later it comes out to be "well this got in the way so i lost track or that got in the way". Things will ALWAYS get in th way but it's up to you to make it happen. You MAKE time for things that you WANT for yourself i.e career, fitness, love, sex, etc.... You get my drift? So that's why I said what I said about how AZ will be seeing the more of the same type of post from you.

But in all seriousness, I do wish you luck and I hope you reach your goal someday.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

Yeah, lots of things you can do without a gym or weights. Two empty milk jugs filled with rocks/sand will weigh about 20 pounds each. Use them for arm curls/squats/rows/etc with high volume. Fill two jugs with water for 10 lb dumbells for other exercises. Do 30-40-50 rep sets if it really light for you...doesn't matter. The beauty of still being a relative novice is you will still progress regardless of the fine details of lifting...as long as you are exertng and puttng blood in the muscles...you're golden.

You don't need a "routine". Go to a junkyard and buy a couple of used tires for $5. Put on some gloves and carry them down the street as far as you can...then carry them back.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Go B's Go

Don't let yourself get off the an exercise routine any further...the more days you miss the worse and less likely it will get for you to go back to it. All that you accomplished previously is going to go down the drain and you have to start all over.

When at home, do crunches, pushups, maybe buy some dumbbells, dome some running...try to improve every time you do anything. I know crunches and pushups and stuff like that aren't fun at first, but you'll start to get used to them.

The sooner you start again the happier you will be with yourself, the more confidence you'll have. It's a domino effect that will greatly improve your life in many aspects.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Midwest TSXer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If more time was spent actually working out and less time complaining and making excuses about why you aren't getting the results you want, you would have been creeping towards your goals closer and closer every day. I have helped countless individuals with their personal training goals, whether it be losing fat (weight), "toning" their bodies, getting ready for specific athletic competitions/events, or just all-around ass-kicking, I have had a 100% success rate with them. They understand one thing from the beginning...."It is all or nothing"...you give me everything and once you start you are expected to stick to the routines, diet, sleep patterns, water consumption, etc. I haven't had one person let me down yet!!! You need to make time for yourself, that's the bottom line. Too many individuals in today's society have the excuse.."I don't have time, because of this and that" BS!!! There are many bodyweight excercises that can put anyone to the test and the best part is you will need 30 minutes or less. If you want any pointers and are ready to really "COMMIT" let me know....best of luck

Tim
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
It's Major. Boy.

Check out Tom Venuto's book "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle"

http://www.burnthefat.com/

He has a great chapter on goal setting. He really drives it as being one of the if not THE most important part of an exercise program.

I'm half way through the book and it's all to-the-point information. He doesn't push supplements or exercise gadgets. He seems to be a pretty honest guy.

It's a PDF book. He sells it on his site but most of you bastards can find it on Bearshare or any other file sharing website.

Good luck.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
That's Racist

miz trust me man, i've definitely been there in regards to taking time off because I'm busy with other stuff.

Just put it into perspective dude, evenw ith your excuse, helping your mom, other peoples' excuses, i have work, i have school, etc. etc. etc.

It's not possible you're spending so much time doing these things that you can't set aside an hour or two each day to prepare your meals and get some excercise.

unless you're an i-banker. then you're fucked.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
miz trust me man, i've definitely been there in regards to taking time off because I'm busy with other stuff.

Just put it into perspective dude, evenw ith your excuse, helping your mom, other peoples' excuses, i have work, i have school, etc. etc. etc.

It's not possible you're spending so much time doing these things that you can't set aside an hour or two each day to prepare your meals and get some excercise.

unless you're an i-banker. then you're fucked.
im just a little more busy at home, at school i have plenty of time. and my mom wants to treat me out to meals and makes all the meals for me so
Old 09-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,863 Likes on 2,030 Posts
Miz, that's weak blaming your mother for your own lack of discipline. Tell her what you're supposed to be eating, and you'll have plenty of time because you won't be eating out, or having to eat so much at your meals.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Race Director

You have to accept that your going to need to make a complete life style change if you want to succeed.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Creating new habits... like eating Ok 13 days and then taking a day off. Works for me. It relieves the frustrations and is socially convenient.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your mom force feeds you? Your 23 years old and don't know how to tell her you don't want all that much? You aren't able to carve out 30 minutes to go for even a brisk walk? You can't do 10 push ups every time you walk through a doorway?

You can make excuses all day long, but it comes down to being lazy. I know, I have been "taking a break" the past week. I have no excuse other than I'm lazy.

Mike
Old 09-22-2007, 10:29 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Weak excuses Miz.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Go B's Go

so what's the progress lately...good news or bad news?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
I'm going to agree with Mike. Take control, even walking 30 minutes a day will help a lot. Do a couple of sit ups here and there

Its better than nothing.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 AM
That's Racist

it's been 18 days since the last post in this thread.

how's it hangin' man?

i hope you've been taking the words to heart. In this last 18 days you could have possibly lost anywhere from 3-6 pounds in a healthy fashion.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:14 AM

its doing alright, ive been trying to watch what im eating and eating better, and ive been hitting up the gym.

i havent kept track of weight but ive been noticing my pants are a tad loser only cause my butt cheeks are starting to hang out of them.

i need to start wearing a belt more often.

im thinking im going to start up a journal like you so i can keep track of my progress of what ive done.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:50 PM

wow so ive been pretty much sick with the flu since oct 29th until nov 11th and then a nasty cough and congested ass nose until this weekend.

anyways during that time being ive been watching what ive been eating since i wasnt able to hit up the gym.

just a little update.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

30 min cardio is really not hard to do daily!
I have been doing it for a month now and really cant see why I didn't do it before. If its work, I was talking to whiskery whiskers that I have a friend who works long hours and still gets an hour in a day.

Plus sometimes I feel like quitting and saying fuck it because its not working fast enough but at the end of the day, a year from now I can either be this big or bigger, or actually work out and even if I am not at my goal its better then where I was.

I need you to make a Mizouse progress thread and get to work bitch!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 AM

how the hell do you expect me to do cardio when i have a fever and feel like shit, and my nose is oozing out gallons of snot?

Quick Reply: Im still fat(according to OP)