Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

WeatherTech digital floor mats problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
WeatherTech digital floor mats problem.

Anyone having problems with it? With the temperatures around -15 C for the last few weeks floor mats feel like wooden boards ,they slide forward and back around 1.5",the sides are curled up and deformed(especially drivers side)...there is nothing holding them in place(they don't have any holes in them to hook on floor locks, only 2 bumps that "fit" over the locks ).
I just spend 45 min cleaning all the crystalized salt from floor fabric liner all around the mat...This is a statement from their website :

Will our FloorLiners warp or curl up under extreme temperatures?
No, the material remains flexible even in extreme temperatures.
(yeah sure.....BS)

I am I the only one with those problems???
Its driving me crazy...

What about these? Anyone have them....they look good ,maybe better that WeatherTech...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360770803031...84.m1423.l2649

Last edited by arek1200; 02-16-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
the floormats are not the problem, your weather condition is.

i personally dont have any problems with mine.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by arek1200
Anyone having problems with it? With the temperatures around -15 C for the last few weeks floor mats feel like wooden boards ,they slide forward and back around 1.5",the sides are curled up and deformed(especially drivers side)...there is nothing holding them in place(they don't have any holes in them to hook on floor locks, only 2 bumps that "fit" over the locks ).
I just spend 45 min cleaning all the crystalized salt from floor fabric liner all around the mat...This is a statement from their website :

Will our FloorLiners warp or curl up under extreme temperatures?
No, the material remains flexible even in extreme temperatures.
(yeah sure.....BS)

I am I the only one with those problems???
Its driving me crazy...

What about these? Anyone have them....they look good ,maybe better that WeatherTech...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360770803031...84.m1423.l2649

This is the first winter with my WeatherTechs I have noticed them to be looser than desired in extremely cold temps - we have had several weeks in a row here below 10F, often below zero. Mine slide forward and back, at times interfering with the clutch pedal which can be annoying. My fix is to put adhesive backed velcro hooks on the backside of the mat to hold it in place.

Not ideal, but in extreme temperatures I am pretty confident most materials would have the same issue.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by potmilkz
the floormats are not the problem, your weather condition is.

i personally dont have any problems with mine.

According to their statement they should stay flexible and not deform in extreme temperatures..(-15 C is not extreme, its normal temp in North America in winter months)
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
As a comparison, are the factory rubber mats holding up flexible, under the same cold temperatures ?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:45 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys just noticed this thread if it's -15 and it does that I could imagine how it would be where I live where it averages -30 to -50 I'm thinking of buying a set but I've seen them in other cars where it's hard as a wooden floor

Let me kno how it works out for you guys
Old 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 204k23T
Hey guys just noticed this thread if it's -15 and it does that I could imagine how it would be where I live where it averages -30 to -50 I'm thinking of buying a set but I've seen them in other cars where it's hard as a wooden floor

Let me kno how it works out for you guys

Yes....those are extreme temperatures ....(Damn...)
Old 02-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
no problems with mine. Although, it's in the mid 20's during the day and at night a bit colder. However, my car is kept in a garage at night where it really doesn't get colder than 40f. Anyway, even if I keep my car outside at work and it drops to 10f, I have no issues with curling or anything you've described.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:28 PM

below freezing is not extreme?
Old 02-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
As a comparison, are the factory rubber mats holding up flexible, under the same cold temperatures ?
mine are doing just fine, no slip at all, i dont even have them locked in like they are supposed to be as they are just on top of my factory mats with the extreme temps of the midwest

Last edited by VQPower37; 02-16-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I have the WeatherTech digitalFit mats for 5 years. I did not notice any problem with it sliding.

Last edited by Samba; 02-16-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Same here, had mine since I got it back in August '11 and they've been perfect since. NJ, so this year's been heavy on snow and cold.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VQPower37
mine are doing just fine, no slip at all, i dont even have them locked in like they are supposed to be as they are just on top of my factory mats with the extreme temps of the midwest

....locked in? how are they supposed to be locked in?
Old 02-16-2014, 06:32 PM
2012 AcuraTL Adv

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
arek1200, I noticed the exact same problems with my weathertech liner on a 2012 TL. Don't drive the car much and is parked in garage all the time, hence did not notice this problem until I went on a long trip from Austin TX to San Francisco CA. The liner is stiff and warped and will not anchor into the lock, thus causing the slipping problem which affects the gas pedal operation.

Don't know what the solution is but sure is dissappointing when you pay around $200 for floor liners. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Last edited by rrbruinfan; 02-16-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rrbruinfan
arek1200, I noticed the exact same problems with my weathertech liner on a 2012 TL. Don't drive the car much and is parked in garage all the time, hence did not notice this problem until I went on a long trip from Austin TX to San Francisco CA. The liner is stiff and warped and will not anchor into the lock, thus causing the slipping problem which affects the gas pedal operation.

Don't know what the solution is but sure is dissappointing when you pay around $200 for floor liners. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Have you tried contacting them? It does state that they're not supposed to bend/warp in weather, so try and see if they can do an RMA or something similar do that.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Yes, that's the same problem I am dealing with....I don't know what the solution is but it looks like the mat hardens, stiffens,and deforms as it gets older.... Or maybe its just a manufacturing defect...
Old 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blaze9
Have you tried contacting them? It does state that they're not supposed to bend/warp in weather, so try and see if they can do an RMA or something similar do that.

Yes, I will contact them...

I got really pissed off one morning (-24 C that day, car parked outside)when I was done clearing snow off of the windows, getting inside and my foot slipped with the mat pushing it and hitting accelerator pedal reving it up to red line with almost frozen engine..
I was foaming at the mouth....
Old 02-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
I have not had an issue with the mats. I have had them for 2 years. The first year was mild and this year was has been brutal. I have an automatic car and the foot rest area (lower left) should hold it in place. You need to make sure the the inside rail (closest to center tunnel) for the seat doesn't push the mat forward. I have to check and tuck it under the seat as driver 1 and driver 2 seat settings are different. I.e. moves back further. Also, if you start the warm up process before clearing the car can help.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
im talking about the oem all weather mats, there are holes that can clip into the floor board, and then you turn the little clip which wont allow them to move. I dont use them, i just toss them on top of my factory mats
Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Racer

My weathertechs have holes for the factory twist and lock floormat clips.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by amill
My weathertechs have holes for the factory twist and lock floormat clips.

my mats don't have any holes in them, just a molded dome that goes over the twist lock ...
have you got any pictures of your mats?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Racer

my mats don't have any holes in them, just a molded dome that goes over the twist lock ...
have you got any pictures of your mats?
You can order them either way. I remember I was given the option when I ordered them at my auto parts place.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by amill
You can order them either way. I remember I was given the option when I ordered them at my auto parts place.

I have the same locking feature. Never slipped or anything. I did have to mess around w/ the OEM carpet mats though to get the WT ones to fit on top.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Blaze9
I have the same locking feature. Never slipped or anything. I did have to mess around w/ the OEM carpet mats though to get the WT ones to fit on top.
why would you do that? Just pull out the originals when you use these. I don't even think the lock would be long enough to extend through both matts
Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM
2012 AcuraTL Adv

My liners are exactly like the one arek1200 has with the dome and no holes for the twist lock.
I spoke to WeatherTech and they said I had to go through the dealer that I bought the liners from. What a pain, went back almost 2 years on my email and found the order. Called Autoaccessories.com and talked to a lady there. She was like, I don't know if there's anything we can do cause it was so long ago. I told her that I bought the liners from them less than 2 years ago, warranty is for 10 years, and WeatherTech adviced me that I had to go thru them for any warranty issues.
Finally, she said for me to send her pictures of the liner and my car with my order number and see what they can do. I'm like what is the picture of the liner and the car going to do for the slipping problem that I'm experiencing.
Anyways, I sent the pictures and order number and now keeping my fingers crossed to see if I can get a satisfactory resolution.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I am 100% for getting dealers to throw in all weather floor mats for free. I've got the Acura factory all-weather floor mats and they lock in place perfectly, don't move, don't curl, and are still supple at -15F. After reading this thread, I think I will always stick with factory over Weather Tech should I ever not be able to negotiate for them.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Instructor

than 2 years ago, warranty is for 10 years, and WeatherTech adviced me that I had to go thru them for any warranty issues.

are you sure the warranty is for 10 years?

That is what they have on WeatherTech.ca :

WeatherTech® FloorLiner™ is guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of purchase. Exclusions to this warranty are wear due to severe abrasive conditions and chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by emanon256
I am 100% for getting dealers to throw in all weather floor mats for free. I've got the Acura factory all-weather floor mats and they lock in place perfectly, don't move, don't curl, and are still supple at -15F. After reading this thread, I think I will always stick with factory over Weather Tech should I ever not be able to negotiate for them.
Unfortunately the OEM all weather mats are not even close to the weather techs in regards to the level of protection offered. I use the factory all weather mats in the summer, and switch to weather techs in the winter.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by AlexG_6MT
Unfortunately the OEM all weather mats are not even close to the weather techs in regards to the level of protection offered. I use the factory all weather mats in the summer, and switch to weather techs in the winter.
What is the level of protection offered and how does it differ? People are complaining the weather techs get hard and curl. I have had the OEM ones for several years and use them year round. I have a lot of muddy boots in my car in the summer, and snow and ski boots in the winter and my carpet looks as good as it did when I bought the car. I think they do an amazing job. In fact, I had a half full bottle of washer fluid break on the floor of the passengers seat recently and the OEM mat contained the spill and I was able to lift it our without spilling any into the car.

Now if only there was a way to get people in the back seat to keep mud off the back of the front seats. Being leather, it does clean up nicely.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
The difference between the weathertech digital fit versus the OEM all weather ones is that weathertechs are liners. They are designed to act like a bowl and all the edges are lifted to protect and stop rain, snow, dirt from getting onto the actual carpet of your car. Occasionally during harsh winter storms, you'd need to empty it out since water does build up. You'll notice in the spring after you remove your OEM mats that salt catches on all around the edge of your floor. The weathertechs do not do that.

As for me, I've had my weathertechs for about 3 weeks already and I've had no issues with it curling or anything and that's in -30c Canadian weather plus I park my car outdoors. I also have the lock in style that twists and I've had no issues with it slipping anywhere.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Racer

Meh. No side or front protection. Enjoy water and salt on your carpets. That is why I'll always get weathertech.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Racer

What is the level of protection offered and how does it differ? People are complaining the weather techs get hard and curl. I have had the OEM ones for several years and use them year round. I have a lot of muddy boots in my car in the summer, and snow and ski boots in the winter and my carpet looks as good as it did when I bought the car. I think they do an amazing job. In fact, I had a half full bottle of washer fluid break on the floor of the passengers seat recently and the OEM mat contained the spill and I was able to lift it our without spilling any into the car.

Now if only there was a way to get people in the back seat to keep mud off the back of the front seats. Being leather, it does clean up nicely.
Lol at rubber mats with no sides holding half a gallon of fluid. Anyway, I've had weathertechs in 5 different cars over the last few years. Never had the problems that the op is expressing.
The following users liked this post:
rrbruinfan (02-25-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Racer

The Acura all weather mats have lips along the sides and channels in the base. They hold quite a bit of water. Not sure what mats you all are looking at.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Racer

The Acura all weather mats have lips along the sides and channels in the base. They hold quite a bit of water. Not sure what mats you all are looking at.
These

Versus these

Old 02-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
These are OEM style floor mats. They're flat and have no lift. There are minor bumps that channel the water around.

This is the WeatherTech Digitalfit Liner. No flimsy rubber. All edges lifted to provide complete channeling and no overspill.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:35 PM
2012 AcuraTL Adv

arek1200, you are correct regarding 3 year warranty. The floor mats have a 10 year warranty. It seems like we are the only unfortunate ones with the dome instead of the hole in the liner. The instructions did mention twisting to lock which I couldn't figure out - now I know why.
Hopefully, WeatherTech will come thru and send me one with the hole.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM
2012 AcuraTL Adv

arek1200, just got a response from autoaccessories.com that WeatherTech is going to ship me the redesigned liner.

Good Morning,

The front set for this vehicle has been redesigned, Weathertech is sending you a
replacement for the front set only. Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery.

Have a great day!
Diane
Returns Dept
Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 AM

WTF i dont have holes on mine to hold it down.. can i get another set from them?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
2012 AcuraTL Adv

potmilkz, you need to go thru the dealer you bought liner from. I indicated that this was a safety hazard because the liner would slip over the accelerator pedal and impede my driving.

You really shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement, if you have your receipt, even without a receipt I would imagine they would replace the liner due defective design which may cause accidents.

Be firm and cause a stink if they give you a hard time.

Good luck.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM

well i bought it from weathertech directly.. so i should be fine. ill contact them later on today...

Quick Reply: WeatherTech digital floor mats problem.