Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TL Technical Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
TL Technical Info

I came across a press release that detailed most of the specifications and design features of the 2010 TL. I recall having seen a similar article which showed all of the design changes specific to the Type-S beginning with 2007 and it seems like they do this with each model year. It helped me to appreciate what went into the vehicle even if I wouldn't have known the difference unless also driving a base. I'm posting this specific one (since I own a 2010) and the links in the service section of the forum seem to be broken, but it helps you to learn a lot about the vehicle and it's features. If you google "honda news, press release :your model and year:" it should find similar results. It may only give you a section called "interior" or "powertrain" but it will also have a larger PDF or DOC file in the top right corner for download.

Link below:
http://hondanews.com/releases/c86c56...34bad2?l=en-US

Last edited by Rancher2005; 03-19-2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: typographical
The following users liked this post:
joemcfarnham (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 12:36 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That is quite a read...Thank You
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, thank you very much. Tons of useful information, many interesting differences listed between the manual and auto versions of the cars that aren't overly advertised or well known.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Nice find. I was interested in the part where Acura disclosed who they thought would be the typical 4G TL customer. They predicted that their primary customer for the FWD version of the 4G TL was a professional male in his mid 40s with an annual income of $100k. For the SH-AWD version, they estimated that their primary customer would be a professional male in his early 40s earning $150k. Wonder how many of us 4G owners actually fit their mold.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by a35tl
Nice find. I was interested in the part where Acura disclosed who they thought would be the typical 4G TL customer. They predicted that their primary customer for the FWD version of the 4G TL was a professional male in his mid 40s with an annual income of $100k. For the SH-AWD version, they estimated that their primary customer would be a professional male in his early 40s earning $150k. Wonder how many of us 4G owners actually fit their mold.
Isn't that outrageous? Of course I didn't buy new and I'm not in that category. If I remember correctly it may have said household income with those figures. Makes you wonder who the target customer is for the RL and the new NSX. I'm sure they want to make sure nearly every demographic is covered with the premium brand. I recall the ILX was an lure people (upsell) from the Civic for just a few thousand dollars more and get them introduced to the Acura line of vehicles. If it were me I'd want to focus more on drawing people from a direct competitor. If nothing else the article helps want to appreciate the attention to detail even if it's not necessarily a value add for everyone. I found the areas that the vehicle was tested for cold and hot weather particularly interesting.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Rancher2005
Isn't that outrageous? Of course I didn't buy new and I'm not in that category. If I remember correctly it may have said household income with those figures. Makes you wonder who the target customer is for the RL and the new NSX. I'm sure they want to make sure nearly every demographic is covered with the premium brand. I recall the ILX was an lure people (upsell) from the Civic for just a few thousand dollars more and get them introduced to the Acura line of vehicles. If it were me I'd want to focus more on drawing people from a direct competitor. If nothing else the article helps want to appreciate the attention to detail even if it's not necessarily a value add for everyone. I found the areas that the vehicle was tested for cold and hot weather particularly interesting.
I believe you are correct with it being household income. I failed to note that in my original post.