TL Takata Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
got my letter, subscribed for info & calling the dealer tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Boy, am I pissed off. I bought my Acura at some distance from my home. Received my recall letter, called Acura, and they told me to do everything through my dealer, Curry Acura of Scarsdale. I made an appointment last week to come in and pick up a rental. I had to take two trains from work. I get to the dealership and they tell me, ooops, we forgot to call you to tell you that we can't get rentals. I missed nearly four hours of work, (which I will have to make up. ) Really annoying. Then I called American Honda to complain. They told me I could go to any dealer, not necessarily where I bought the car. I called my local dealer, they took my number, and said the service manager would call me. Instead I got a call from a salesman. Acura is doing a lousy job handling this recall. I am really fed up.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:41 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by lbotez
Just to make you feel better, Enterprise made me sign something that I would not smoke in the car (I don't anyway); so I doubt it will be like that. I had to wait a couple of days. Enterprise is huge; they own National Car Rental. They'll ship some cars in; takes a few days but you should get something. Go in early when they tell you they have some cars coming in so you can pick what you want. Mine came from another state.... Enterprise is making a bundle on this, don't worry. Plus you can swap the one you get out when they get something better in.

Also, I don't think the price written on the contract is the same as the price they rent to a walk-in. It's the price they arranged with Honda/Acura.... I got a Mazda CX-5 (an SUV).... which is pretty decent.

Tell your wife to sit in the back seat until you get it.
It's funny you mentioned this. I'm in NY and when I was picking up my rental on Tues they gave me an Altima with NJ plates.

While it's pretty common here to rent a car with NJ plates I did notice on the lot that there were a lot of vehicles with Missouri, Virginia and Tennessee plates. I don't remember seeing a car with NY plates.

When I asked the manager about all of the out of state plates she said they have been shipping cars in because they keep running out.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
It's funny you mentioned this. I'm in NY and when I was picking up my rental on Tues they gave me an Altima with NJ plates.

While it's pretty common here to rent a car with NJ plates I did notice on the lot that there were a lot of vehicles with Missouri, Virginia and Tennessee plates. I don't remember seeing a car with NY plates.

When I asked the manager about all of the out of state plates she said they have been shipping cars in because they keep running out.

I just called my local Enterprise (which was out of cars yesterday) and was told they are no longer issuing rentals to any acura/honda customer. Ive called my dealer and Acura client services with no response yet. Anyone hear similar??
Old 04-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
Takata Airbag Inflator Recall Update - April 7, 2016

http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/ext...6sg/embed/auto
The following 4 users liked this post by EE4Life:
crxb (04-08-2016), JT4 (04-08-2016), lbotez (04-08-2016), omgitsspooky (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Keep in mind guys, you can go to ANY Acura dealer(as long as you agree to do the repair there) and ANY enterprise within that dealers network that they do business with. I went to an enterprise that was about 20 miles from my dealer to get my Maxima. The enterprise right by the dealership had no cars or was offering just "very basic transportation".
Also keep in mind, enterprise has agreed upon rates with most dealers. Mine I think was 30.00 for any car on the enterprise lot, except the real big SUV's.
If you have one dealer being jerks, go to another same goes for enterprise.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life

Airbag Inflator Recall Update - 4/7/16
How is this being communicated to those who aren't on this forum? lol In other words, I don't see these video updates on their official site. Is this being posted somewhere public I don't know about?

Thanks again EE4Life
Old 04-08-2016, 01:55 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by TLbullet
I just called my local Enterprise (which was out of cars yesterday) and was told they are no longer issuing rentals to any acura/honda customer. Ive called my dealer and Acura client services with no response yet. Anyone hear similar??
I haven't heard this, but my dealer did say that some Acura dealers are using various rental agencies and not just Enterprise. Maybe your dealer is no longer using Enterprise and switched to one of the others?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:01 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by EE4Life

Airbag Inflator Recall Update - 4/7/16
If I understood the video correct it looks like some TL parts (Type 2 Inflator) will begin to ship in May. Even if my parts don't come in it will be good to see that progress is being made..

Last edited by JT4; 04-08-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by omgitsspooky
How is this being communicated to those who aren't on this forum? lol In other words, I don't see these video updates on their official site. Is this being posted somewhere public I don't know about?

Thanks again EE4Life
these videos are NOT for the general public; they are internal videos for Acura dealers. We're not supposed to see them. But love and XXX's to the person who uploaded this here.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I picked up my rental from Avis this morning, It's a loaded 2015 Ford Edge. It's not bad actually. The invoice says around $1400 a month. Geeze, this is 7 series money. I hope Acura doesn't pay that much to Avis.

The process was pretty simple. I simply signed the waiver and keep the TL at home. Having a good service advisor also helps a lot.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT4
I haven't heard this, but my dealer did say that some Acura dealers are using various rental agencies and not just Enterprise. Maybe your dealer is no longer using Enterprise and switched to one of the others?
There are too many cars that need to be rented out for this airbag fiasco. Your Acura dealer is the one to call; they have to make the arrangements. Don't bother calling Enterprise. I'm sure they need some cars to rent out to walk-ins. Your dealer should be able to arrange something with another car rental company like Avis or Hertz or Payless or whatever.... It might take a few days though.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:51 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by lbotez
There are too many cars that need to be rented out for this airbag fiasco. Your Acura dealer is the one to call; they have to make the arrangements. Don't bother calling Enterprise. I'm sure they need some cars to rent out to walk-ins. Your dealer should be able to arrange something with another car rental company like Avis or Hertz or Payless or whatever.... It might take a few days though.
Thanks but I got my rental on Tues. I was responding to TLbullet who mentioned that the Enterprise he was told to call told him they were no longer renting cars to Acura or Honda customers.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
What would be a comparable loaner/rental car to our Acura TL with tech/adv. package? And given the $35 daily rate, well that all depends what state/city your in. (Ex. Las Vegas can get you in a Jeep Grand Cherokee while San Francisco can get you in a Chevy Cruze for $35 daily rate).
Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah I can only get a small SUV (2016 Hyundai Tucson SE) with $42 per day rate here in Seattle/Tacoma area, which is not a terrible car. Tried to get a full size SUV but the local Enterprise said I had to pay extra. Oh well, at least my dealer agreed to pay for the damage waiver insurance which is $15 per day
Old 04-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4

I do have some insight on this since I used to have a rental car for about 180 days/year for a year or so (in case anyone is interested)

-In general, there are a TON of cars from Tennessee plates, specifically from Blount county because there is some sort of tax savings, so rental car agencies try to register as many cars as they can get away with there

-There are a lot of one way rentals - commonly to and from NYC, DC/Maryland/Virginia, Boston, Pennsylvania, and Florida so in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast region, it is more of a crapshoot with what plate you will get

-For Enterprise, the oftentimes share their fleet with National/Alamo - With National usually getting the nicer cars (almost all business contracts), Alamo getting more basic models or National hand-me-downs, and Enterprise getting a combination of National hand-me-downs and generally basic cars (Corollas, Elantras, Camrys, etc)
The following users liked this post:
JT4 (04-11-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
So I have a quick question. I have an appointment to pick up my rental car tomorrow morning as soon as service opens at my dealer. They mentioned their lot is full and I will need to store my car at home until the parts are available. My question is, do they need to see the car at all the morning I get the rental? I would assume they would want to see the mileage to know I am not driving it around. But at the same time, if they have no place to hold the car on the lot, would they want me to just leave it at home and take an Uber there? They are closed today and the sales department was of no help when I called...
Old 04-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ITSJESTER
So I have a quick question. I have an appointment to pick up my rental car tomorrow morning as soon as service opens at my dealer. They mentioned their lot is full and I will need to store my car at home until the parts are available. My question is, do they need to see the car at all the morning I get the rental? I would assume they would want to see the mileage to know I am not driving it around. But at the same time, if they have no place to hold the car on the lot, would they want me to just leave it at home and take an Uber there? They are closed today and the sales department was of no help when I called...
You are not required to keep your car in Acura's lot, nor do they need to see the car. You just have to sign a waiver that you wont drive the car if u r storing it. I would not store my car on a dealer lot. If the dealership says anything contrary to this(which mine did initially), speak with the manager or call Acura care.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Instructor

The dealer has been awesome and has been in line with everything said on this forum. I've been following the thread for awhile now. They told me when I was making the appointment that I have to store it at home since so many people chose to store the cars on the lot and they have no room left. (which I was planning on doing anyway)

I just got off the phone with Acura Client Relations and the woman told me that even if they have no space on the lot, the dealer will still need to visually see the mileage. She said they will factor in the distance to and from my house in the waiver. My dealer said that I can start it and drive it around the block as many times as I want while I wait for the parts to come in, so I'm gonna get them to put that in writing somewhere on the waiver too.

I've given them shout outs before, but again, kudos to Norris Acura West in Ellicott City. They seem to be handling this whole mess very well from my experience with them.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Drifting

The dealer has been awesome and has been in line with everything said on this forum. I've been following the thread for awhile now. They told me when I was making the appointment that I have to store it at home since so many people chose to store the cars on the lot and they have no room left. (which I was planning on doing anyway)

I just got off the phone with Acura Client Relations and the woman told me that even if they have no space on the lot, the dealer will still need to visually see the mileage. She said they will factor in the distance to and from my house in the waiver. My dealer said that I can start it and drive it around the block as many times as I want while I wait for the parts to come in, so I'm gonna get them to put that in writing somewhere on the waiver too.

I've given them shout outs before, but again, kudos to Norris Acura West in Ellicott City. They seem to be handling this whole mess very well from my experience with them.
Interesting. I just had to take a pic of my Odometer with a date/time stamp on it and send to my dealer. Seems kind of dumb that they recommend you don't drive the car and yet tell you to drive the car to the dealership to look at the odometer.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
I Also Just Told My Dealer How Much Miles I Have They Did Not Need To See The ODO Or Look At The Car ... And Even Went I Bring The Loaner In For inspection they don't even come out and check it they,just reprint the paper work and send me on my way. I do have one curb rash I think I should get fix before the recall comes to an end lol
Old 04-10-2016, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL Takata Airbag Recall and Effect on Warranty

I was offered a loaner through Enterprise for my 2012 TL, SH-AWD and I took it. I have no idea how long I'll wait until the replacement inflator will be available, but why take the risk if you don't have to? The Enterprise rental car is a Ford Fusion and I can live with it for awhile. I just wish that they had cleaned the car before they gave it to me. Also, check the contract carefully for add-ons that you did not request or do not need.

I have a thought that I want to run past everyone to solicit your feedback. My 2012 is still under warranty but the car is now in storage in my garage, unable to be driven. Assuming your car is till under warranty, wouldn't it be nice if Acura offered to extend the original manufacturers warranty for the same period of time that each of us will be without our cars? It seems only fair. We get a defective part that can cause severe injury or death, we sign a statement that we won't drive the car, yet the warranty which is time/mileage based continues to tick away. Why don't they freeze the warranty until the repair is made and reinstate it afterward? What do you think of this idea?:yes?::no?:
Old 04-10-2016, 04:54 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Takata inflators now available

Originally Posted by emanon256
Greg,

Thank you for all the info. And for the record, the service manager at the dealership has been very nice and responsive. I am sure he is also quite overwhelmed.

I have a question. The manager told me that there might be a small stash of inflators available now, and he can possibly get me one, but won't know until next week. Would that be a true statement? It sounds like everything must be done through proper channels, so I am sure if they replace it it will be safe when they are done. But I also worry it might just be a like for like replacement if the inflators don't actually exist yet and have to be sourced and produced and that is the reason for the delay.

I wish everyone luck on the 15th, I hope your vehicles are safe. I am confused as to the delay as the VIN checker lists mine as recalled, and the Acura 800 number reps also confirmed my vehicle is affected. No one mentioned a preliminary list.

Thanks!
Inflators are now arriving at Acura Dealers,
However, they are VIN specific !!! And in very limited supply. We received our first NINE inflators last Saturday and they were ALL pre assigned to ILX vehicles in our new car inventory that was in the stop sale order . We installed all in the assigned cars and put them for sale again. So, don't rush or call Acura dealers just yet, NO INFLATORS FOR YOU!!! Just yet .
The following users liked this post:
emanon256 (04-10-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 08:34 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by real_mckoy
I Also Just Told My Dealer How Much Miles I Have They Did Not Need To See The ODO Or Look At The Car ... And Even Went I Bring The Loaner In For inspection they don't even come out and check it they,just reprint the paper work and send me on my way. I do have one curb rash I think I should get fix before the recall comes to an end lol
Same here, my dealer just asked me for the mileage.

Originally Posted by MDX07
However, they are VIN specific !!! And in very limited supply. We received our first NINE inflators last Saturday and they were ALL pre assigned to ILX vehicles in our new car inventory that was in the stop sale order . We installed all in the assigned cars and put them for sale again. So, don't rush or call Acura dealers just yet, NO INFLATORS FOR YOU!!! Just yet .
This is great news, hopefully I won't have to wait until mid to late summer for my parts as originally thought..

Last edited by JT4; 04-11-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverJ
Interesting. I just had to take a pic of my Odometer with a date/time stamp on it and send to my dealer. Seems kind of dumb that they recommend you don't drive the car and yet tell you to drive the car to the dealership to look at the odometer.
The dealer didn't even look at my mileage this AM. I'm waiting for them to call me back about my rental situation and I will ask if they got an updated reading.

When I went to get the rental today, I was offered a volkswagon bug, chevy spark, ford focus hatch, or ford fiesta hatch. Interesting since Acura said they would match the size of the TL, just not the luxury and features of it. I just called the dealer and they are reaching out to enterprise to get me in something bigger. In case anyone was curious, the ford fiesta hatch is what I went with as it was the biggest and cleanest, but the thing is horrible. Incredibly loud when driving, rattles like crazy and feels like its going to crumble to dust whenever I hit a bump.

The daily limit on the rental sheet said $31.60. Just waiting on the call from the dealer to see what they will be switching me to.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Update from my situation:

Went to my local dealer, got a PO#, and got a rental with Enterprise. Smooth deal thanks to my friend who is a manager at enterprise.

FYI - you as a consumer have a right to go to any Acura dealership to get the PO# and any Enterprise branch to rent a car.

Dealership made me sign a written affidavit stating that I will not drive my car. So in my garage my 2012 TL sits.

I have heard through grumblings though that Enterprise is quickly running out of cars and cannot meet demand. Some dealers here in Georgia are even buying back consumer's cars, encouraging them to get into new cars that are not affected.

Insane....
Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Instructor

Just got off the phone with the dealer and he told me that Enterpise can get me into something bigger on Wednesday. So I have today and tomorrow with the Fiesta. He was not sure what they would get me into, but sounded pissed they offered me a bug or a spark initially.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Wow... giving priority to cars that sit on a lot unsold versus those that are on the streets... yeah that makes sense...

Originally Posted by MDX07
Old 04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ressling
Wow... giving priority to cars that sit on a lot unsold versus those that are on the streets... yeah that makes sense...
I would imagine it would help them offset the cost of the recall if they sold more cars, so that is most likely why they are being given priority. Kinda sucks for us owners...
Old 04-11-2016, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear

So I went to the dealership on Saturday, and signed off the waiver. I was unable to get the rental on Saturday because Enterprise had already closed (1 p.m). So stopped by today and got a Hyundai Sonata. They were cool and told me that I didn't have to bring it in unless I wanted a different car. In regard to the insurance, I asked about it, and he told me not to worry that I should be covered by my insurance, just to call them.
I called them and they told me that I was only covered for 14 days after that I needed to go with the insurance from Enterprise! Oyy! This is becoming such a hassle and I do not feel safe driving my Acura anymore .
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM
9th Gear

I would imagine it would help them offset the cost of the recall if they sold more cars, so that is most likely why they are being given priority. Kinda sucks for us owners...
Yes, it cost Acura more money to stop sale new and certified used cars than to pay for rentals for people out there. Many $$$ concessions are being made to Dealers for having to stop sale numerous units, like interest on loans (flooring) additional incentives and money consumers will never see or know about, additional warranty claims for dead batteries, etc etc etc.
Remember folks Dealers NEVER loose.
We always make our money, from you or from the factory.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Cruisin'

Getting my TL back

Turned my TL in to the dealer back in February. After understanding the statistics better and having shitty treatment from the dealer and Enterprise, I've decided to get my TL back. The dealer originally was going to pay $50 a day for a nicer loaner. They have since reduced it to $30 a day and enterprise has been a nightmare to deal with. Long story, but finally ended up in a Toyota 4Runner through a suburban Chicago Enterprise swap. The Enterprise who the original rental was through called me two days later freaking out and told me I had to turn in the 4Runner ASAP or I would have to pay an extra $15 a day. Acura customer relations ignored me for an entire week (was trying to see if they'd cover the 4Runner per what I was originally told when I turned in the car). They never got back to me and I tried to speak with the dealer (McGrath Acura in downtown Chicago) and pretty much got yelled at and told I need to do exactly what Enterprise tells me to do.

Hence, I'm done with this and just not going to worry.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:54 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by skibum
Turned my TL in to the dealer back in February. After understanding the statistics better and having shitty treatment from the dealer and Enterprise, I've decided to get my TL back. The dealer originally was going to pay $50 a day for a nicer loaner. They have since reduced it to $30 a day and enterprise has been a nightmare to deal with. Long story, but finally ended up in a Toyota 4Runner through a suburban Chicago Enterprise swap. The Enterprise who the original rental was through called me two days later freaking out and told me I had to turn in the 4Runner ASAP or I would have to pay an extra $15 a day. Acura customer relations ignored me for an entire week (was trying to see if they'd cover the 4Runner per what I was originally told when I turned in the car). They never got back to me and I tried to speak with the dealer (McGrath Acura in downtown Chicago) and pretty much got yelled at and told I need to do exactly what Enterprise tells me to do.

Good move. Enterprise could care less about your Acura and your recall issues. They are in the business of renting cars for a fat profit, not recall assistance center.
Dealer the same, they are in the business of selling cars, parts and service for a fat profit as well. A recall is simply another income source for the dealer . Each inflator brings in about $300 gross. You do the math .
Old 04-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by skibum

That sucks man. By keeping the car though, if anything happens, the jokes on you. You don't have to deal with any one Acura dealer or for that matter any one enterprise. I didnt go to my normal dealer because they are a small dealership and could not give me what i wanted rental wise but I called around and found one that hooked me up nicely. ANY Acura dealer can do the repair and each one has multiple enterprises they deal with. Your call man, but I would consider why you went to get the rental to begin with and proceed accordingly.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:22 PM
10th Gear

Last week when I took my 2012 TL-SWD to my dealer for a scheduled maintenance service, the service rep tried to tell me that there had not been any reported fatalities with our Takata Airbags. I knew I recalled reading something completely opposite within the recall notice that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

I found this today...

Defective Takata Airbag Kills Texas Teen
Old 04-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picked up a rental for 35 dollars a day from enterprise. Enterprise allowed me to get a premium car, which was a 2016 Chrysler 300. Dealer allowed me to store my car at home. It was a smooth transaction dealer did not ask me about the miles on my car.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Undercover investigation finds dealers aren't telling customers about auto recalls

Deadly Defect: Undercover investigation finds dealers aren't telling customers about auto recalls | WFAA.com

local news story - NOT Honda/Acura dealers
Old 04-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by crxb
Undercover investigation finds dealers aren't telling customers about auto recalls

Deadly Defect: Undercover investigation finds dealers aren't telling customers about auto recalls | WFAA.com

local news story - NOT Honda/Acura dealers
these private dealers will cover up any issue to make a sale. Not just private dealers but sales, even legit dealers will cover up an issue because of a potential sale. Some might not have the technology or proper resource to check / while others do they just fail to inspect the vehicle to ensure it is ready for purchase. Ive been to mechanic shops where they have used cars on the lots for sale without having any knowledge of the vehicle. It is sad, but as a consumer that is why it is very important to do your research before buying. Question is checking for recalls apart of a multi-point inspection? if not it should be, maybe with the being major problem for multiple car companies as well as vehicles on the road it could be incorporated as a multi-point to check for recalls if it not already. What are others doing for the cars that are in different countries, even second and third world countries? My mom still live in Jamaica she has a Suzuki Grand Vitara i think ill have check her vin as well.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by adia1030
So I went to the dealership on Saturday, and signed off the waiver. I was unable to get the rental on Saturday because Enterprise had already closed (1 p.m). So stopped by today and got a Hyundai Sonata. They were cool and told me that I didn't have to bring it in unless I wanted a different car. In regard to the insurance, I asked about it, and he told me not to worry that I should be covered by my insurance, just to call them.
I called them and they told me that I was only covered for 14 days after that I needed to go with the insurance from Enterprise! Oyy! This is becoming such a hassle and I do not feel safe driving my Acura anymore .
Your insurance sucks. Call Liberty Mutual or someone else. If you haven't had any accidents, you might save a lot of money or get better insurance by doing a price check on some other insurance companies (Farmers, Progressive, Geico, etc.). I found that when you buy car insurance they give you really low rates to get you and then the prices creep up. After a few years you are paying a lot more, so getting quotes from other car insurance companies can bring your rates down a lot.

You might be able to get around it by getting a new contract every 14 days. But not sure. You will have to call your insurance agent. But most insurance gives you 30 days, not 14. Also, you could ask your agent if you could be covered for any car you drive. Then switch it back after your Acura is fixed. Paying insurance to Enterprise is extremely expensive.

My insurance covers me for any car I drive. I don't even have to do the 30 day thing.

Last edited by lbotez; 04-13-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by QTEE
Last week when I took my 2012 TL-SWD to my dealer for a scheduled maintenance service, the service rep tried to tell me that there had not been any reported fatalities with our Takata Airbags. I knew I recalled reading something completely opposite within the recall notice that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

I found this today...

Defective Takata Airbag Kills Texas Teen
Well, he's right. No ACURA has been involved in fatalities as far a we know. Not sure about the injuries. All the deaths, except one, have been with Honda cars.

Wanna be the first? It's low odds, but I'd rather not take a chance.

Quick Reply: TL Takata Airbag Recall