Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tishcer Acura Got me

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Tishcer Acura Got me

So I take my TL in for the airbag recall this Monday, i was told it will be ready in about an hour cool no problem i can wait it out. 48 mins later your car is ready but we recommend you get the tires balanced and brake fluid flushed. Tires I plan to replace soon and the brake fluid I will do another time. Server rep is like ok your car will be out in a few. Car comes out I leave. So this morning I made an appointment to get my oil changed and the brake fluid flushed at 8:20, i'm about to head to the dealership at 7:30. I'm walking to me car and I see glass on the floor, WTF as I get closer and look in the car my airbag is stolen. I'm like you got to be kidding me, and to make matters worst nothing else is missing from the car but the airbag that was replaced. My door has no scratches on it at all, I know this was some inside job but really don't have proof but all the facts add up to it being Tishcer Acura. I mean you went right for the driver airbag and nothing else and why not hit the 2017 Acura parked behind my car for the airbag as well. I hope this dealership go out of business.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 648 Likes on 349 Posts
Whats the value for Takata airbags these days?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
Whats the value for Takata airbags these days?
I priced it out to be no more then $250 -$300
Old 02-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
You seriously think your dealership went and stole your airbag worth a couple hundred? Like for real for real? I admit stealing your airbag is the most unexpected thing I have ever heard of but like really?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 648 Likes on 349 Posts
So you think they robbed you cause you wouldn't get tires and a brake fluid change the night before you getting brake fluid change and oil change?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:39 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
It does sound sketchy. Who steals and airbag? Who would have known it was just replaced and not a defected one?

I agree with you it had had to be someone at the dealer. That's fucked up. No one would have known it was replaced except the dealer and to top it off, no one steals and airbag that you can go in to the dealer and get replaced for free under the recall.

Last edited by carbonTSEX; 02-18-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by carbonTSEX
It does sound sketchy. Who steals and airbag? Who would have known it was just replaced and not a defected one?

I agree with you it had had to be someone at the dealer. That's fucked up. No one would have known it was replaced except the dealer and to top it off, no one steals and airbag that you can go in to the dealer and get replaced for free under the recall.
I don't dispute that there is something sketchy going on here. But what I don't understand is why steal something that is already free? My bet is someone has a TL that got into an accident with a blown airbag and decided to steal his. I HIGHLY doubt it was the dealer, but like you say, how would they know it was a new one? Very very fishy to me.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RDX10
I don't dispute that there is something sketchy going on here. But what I don't understand is why steal something that is already free? My bet is someone has a TL that got into an accident with a blown airbag and decided to steal his. I HIGHLY doubt it was the dealer, but like you say, how would they know it was a new one? Very very fishy to me.
Everyone's reply is valid, but still only the dealership knows that it was replaced on Mon then Fri It's gone within the same week. I can even look at the person that got into an accident needed to replace theirs but they wouldn't known if I have a defective one or a brand new one plus I encounter 6 TL's within a 5 mile radius in my area everyday. Why not hit one of those. Even when I dropped off the car at the repair shop, they tell me I'm the second TL this month to have the samething happen, airbag recall and within the same week they got their car broken into and ONLY the driver airbag stolen. All to coincidentally that it just so happen the same way. Never again will they get my business, dealership owns up to it's true name stealership..

Last edited by 04SSMnMD; 02-18-2017 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I can't believe in this day and age everyone is assuming nobody but the dealership knew about the airbag just being replaced. Did you go on your Instagram or Facebook and post that you finally got your airbag replaced or anything like that?
Old 02-18-2017, 07:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wreak
I can't believe in this day and age everyone is assuming nobody but the dealership knew about the airbag just being replaced. Did you go on your Instagram or Facebook and post that you finally got your airbag replaced or anything like that?
This is the only network site I have posted anything about the airbag replacement as of yesterday!! You can check this forum and see if anything else relates to this topic, you won't find anything related to it just this post as of yesterday. I use this site for information.

Last edited by 04SSMnMD; 02-18-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:45 AM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
It is vey simple to know if your airbag inflator has been replaced or not, all you need is the vehicle's VIN (displayed through the windshield) and access to internet (Acura Recall Lookup). If you get in an accident and if you had the inflator already replaced, you are not longer part of the recall (THE RECALL IS VIN RELATED). Since you already had it replaced you have to make sure the airbag you are stealing is a safe one otherwise you will NOT get the job done or spend almost $550 for part number 77810-TK4-A20ZA. I wouldn't say it was Tischer (it could) but has to be someone who knows all these very well, file a police report and get the part through your insurance.
The following users liked this post:
04SSMnMD (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 01:12 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
Someone in an accident could have possibly done it but that's what insurance is for. I don't know the ratio but I would say majority of the people who drive a 4G has full coverage. I would be surprised if someone was running vins and looking for airbag inflators.
The following users liked this post:
04SSMnMD (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Suzuka Master

This is such a bizzare situation to me. Like why steal and airbag inflator anyways. It has to be someone who needed one obviously and I doubt they even knew it was replaced. Maybe just by chance.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:10 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
They stole your airbag? Or your inflator?
Old 02-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Not an attorney talking here, but a lot of common damn sense: You have some pretty damaging and specific claims in this post. Delete it and file a police report. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by yzmuddereffer
Not an attorney talking here, but a lot of common damn sense: You have some pretty damaging and specific claims in this post. Delete it and file a police report. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I think if you google it, you will find that air bags get stolen all the time ( https://www.autobody-review.com/blog...ft-on-the-rise ) and I don't think a thief is going to care one bit if the recall has been done or not. Although what you think is possible, I would highly suspect that it was just a coincidence that your car was just in for the recall. Plus, if it was an inside job like you think, I would think they would have waited until after you had the service you had scheduled for that day.

Last edited by heisnuts; 02-20-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
It seems far more likely that someone working at the dealership acted independently and may have stolen your airbag and not the dealership itself. Suggesting a dealership would go out of their way to break your window and steal a warrantied airbag is silly. Like beyond silly.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
It seems far more likely that someone working at the dealership acted independently and may have stolen your airbag and not the dealership itself. Suggesting a dealership would go out of their way to break your window and steal a warrantied airbag is silly. Like beyond silly.
I'd like to think the former was what OP was implying but the pitchfork crew thought it was the latter
Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts
This is what probably happened. The dealership isn't going to risk their rep or a lawsuit for one airbag. Don't most dealership have security cameras watching their property?
Old 02-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by thoiboi
I'd like to think the former was what OP was implying but the pitchfork crew thought it was the latter
But the thread title and OP imply the latter.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 PM
Advanced

Tittle yeah is miscued, my imply is that it was a inside job someone working at this dealership, not the dealership it self.. At this point it's in the hands of the police just hope they catch em...

Last edited by 04SSMnMD; 02-20-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Perhaps someone just saw the movie "Neighbors", and decided to try the airbag prank for themselves. Really doubtful that a dealership would do this. If (and this is a big IF) you are correct, and it was stolen because it was freshly replaced, it's less likely "the dealership", and more likely someone who works for the dealership, or is getting info from them, but then, to what end? To resell it to someone who needs one? While there's currently a decent demand for airbags, that's recall work; nobody is going to buy a stolen airbag when the vast majority of airbag replacements are being done for free.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Perhaps someone just saw the movie "Neighbors", and decided to try the airbag prank for themselves. Really doubtful that a dealership would do this. If (and this is a big IF) you are correct, and it was stolen because it was freshly replaced, it's less likely "the dealership", and more likely someone who works for the dealership, or is getting info from them, but then, to what end? To resell it to someone who needs one? While there's currently a decent demand for airbags, that's recall work; nobody is going to buy a stolen airbag when the vast majority of airbag replacements are being done for free.
If vandals were smart do you think they would even be in the position of vandalizing? Lol
Old 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by LostProphet
It is vey simple to know if your airbag inflator has been replaced or not, all you need is the vehicle's VIN (displayed through the windshield) and access to internet (Acura Recall Lookup). If you get in an accident and if you had the inflator already replaced, you are not longer part of the recall (THE RECALL IS VIN RELATED). Since you already had it replaced you have to make sure the airbag you are stealing is a safe one otherwise you will NOT get the job done or spend almost $550 for part number 77810-TK4-A20ZA. I wouldn't say it was Tischer (it could) but has to be someone who knows all these very well, file a police report and get the part through your insurance.
Good information here...yes you can easily see if the vehicle has had recalls performed by getting the VIN and researching it through the web...also keep in mind, safety recalls are still displayed as open and valid in the system until the warranty claim is filed and paid by the dealership. This process can take up to a week depending on each individual dealerships warranty administrator and their work load. Ask me how I know...

-greg
Old 02-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 04SSMnMD
Tittle yeah is miscued, my imply is that it was a inside job someone working at this dealership, not the dealership it self.. At this point it's in the hands of the police just hope they catch em...
You might want to ask the dealership for the serial number of the new inflator they installed (the new serial number will be on the repair order at the dealership). You can then give that number to the police for their report on the theft so that if they do find the stolen air bag, they can prove it came from your car.