Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin noise ,since I switched wheels and tires..lol
Old 10-09-2015, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

I thought that Gracenote just determined the name of the sone and the artist from listening to a sample of it?
Old 10-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
OK I'll bite.
1) No folding seats
2) We have a 20 GB hard drive that you can't store MP3's on. WTH ? Let us store what we want.
3) The car is lonnnnnnggggg. Barely fits in my garage compared to my old TL-S.

Overall, minor stuff. This has been my favorite Acura ever.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:01 AM
4th Gear

The nav/audio screen doesn't dim as much as the gauge cluster and buttons. On unlit highways out in the boonies I like to have the cabin as dark as possible. The gauges go nice an dim, but the screen's dimmest setting is a few notches brighter than everything else. I usually end up turning it off to spare my ocd.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by roger1275
I thought that Gracenote just determined the name of the sone and the artist from listening to a sample of it?
Because CDs do not contain any digitally-encoded information about their contents, Gracenotes devised a technology which identifies and looks up CDs based on TOC information stored at the beginning of each disc. A TOC, or Table of Contents, is a list of offsets corresponding to the start of each track on a CD.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Banned

I am new to this forum, I also just upgraded to a 2012 TL and the car is just amazing compared to my 2002 Nissan Maxima. The only complaint I can find that truly bugs me is the laggy Bluetooh/HandsFreelink system. It's a cool system but the lag in my car is 2-3 seconds.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:28 PM
2010 TL SH-AWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No car is perfect. But this annoyed the hell outta me - shifting to park , I always hit the control knob. Makes me think, its engineered for small people with midget hands.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
when it rains water will accumulate on top of the rear camera making it difficult to see when backing up.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:09 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

In the winter time, this water will ice up, rendering the rear camera useless.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Banned

^lol no camera=no problem
Old 10-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by Booya4139
folding seats and the drivers left arm rest is a little too far away. Tough to complain that the car is too spacious...
Folding seats were taken out to help the rear of the car remain stiff. Otherwise the bracing would have to be removed.

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
My only complain with the TL is the cabin noise. Wish it was a bit quieter.
I'm working on this with my TL's, accord and MDX. I've ordered some rubber stripping to put b/w body gaps that'll hopefully remove a bit of the wind noise. Also I'm researching a few other ways to reduce noise without adding much weight.

Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
My only complaint is the lack of cooled or vented seats. My nuts would thoroughly enjoy that feature!

The only use the heated seats get is keeping my takeout orders warm until I'm home.
Acura needs to get their head out of their ass and make this a standard feature rather than just on advance models.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
No folding seats is the fkng worst...
Performance over folding seats! Go Acura!

Originally Posted by LNJ
Lack of rain sensing wipers.
Lack of one touch turn blinkers.
Lack of power folding mirrors.
And MID not interfacing with the HFL is ridiculous too.
Rain sensing wipers acura failed at with the Touring Models of the MDX. Wipers would turn on randomly all the time. Acura did away with it until the new TLX.

One touch blinkers now added on TLX

Folding mirrors are useless in America, and add about $500 to the price of the car and not many people care about them. I rather them add once touch open to the rear door handles like the canadian TL's.

Originally Posted by flunder
heated seat is lacking the heat element on the passenger seat back + the nagger who is of higher authority...
It's not there due to the occupant sensor to turn the airbag on and off. I know other manufacturers have figured this out but it'd a small issue that acura should address.

Originally Posted by RDXtremist
when it rains water will accumulate on top of the rear camera making it difficult to see when backing up.
This is 100% stupid and I agree. Acura/Honda Engineers really screwed up with the design to keep the water off the camera. I ordered a clear plastic flim I'm going to put on the camera to help out that's apparently got a hydrophobic film to keep water off.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I am annoyed at the laggy to the point of being unusable paddle shifters (my TH350 in my old suburban shifted faster.....not kidding) Seriously, why bother?

And the stupid throttle by wire/torque management/whatever the hell the computer is doing when i stomp it and it is reluctant to downshift, obviously not getting WOT, and crawling out of the hole.

Oh yeah, and the truncated and lacking display of XM station/song/CD names.

And the Hands free when I dial using my cell phone it takes forever to transfer the call to the speakers in the car and i have to hit the headset button twice to make it transfer. The POS rental chevy cruze I had recently had worlds better bluetooth.

Last edited by vucelick; 10-17-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:12 AM
6th Gear

FNG here. Just got home from dealer with a TSX wagon. One thing I am still struggling with is no spare tire. Better be a really good inflation system.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Folding seats were taken out to help the rear of the car remain stiff. Otherwise the bracing would have to be removed.

I'm working on this with my TL's, accord and MDX. I've ordered some rubber stripping to put b/w body gaps that'll hopefully remove a bit of the wind noise. Also I'm researching a few other ways to reduce noise without adding much weight.

csmeance: I had a TLX as a loaner for a day and I noticed they had triple seals on all its doors. So I went on Amazon and ordered some rubber strips (one box). I put the strips on yesterday to seal up the gaps between doors. I believe it worked and the car is a bit quieter and the doors close with a more solid sound. It only costed me $7 to do it. Worth it in my opinion. I am ordering a spool of P shape rubber seal to seal up the bottom of the doors. Hopefully that will help a bit as well. Let me know if that works for you as well.

Last edited by james21_h; 10-18-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
One more thing that bothers me with my newly acquired 2012 TL was, that I inadvertently shift to "S" mode if I am not paying attention, instead of "D" mode on gear knob. I wish the "S" mode was not in in-line and was offset from "D" mode, to avoid this.

BTW...do people really find "S" mode useful and use regularly? If yes, when do you find it most useful?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by james21_h
csmeance: I had a TLX as a loaner for a day and I noticed they had triple seals on all its doors. So I went on Amazon and ordered some rubber strips (one box). I put the strips on yesterday to seal up the gaps between doors. I believe it worked and the car is a bit quieter and the doors close with a more solid sound. It only costed me $7 to do it. Worth it in my opinion. I am ordering a spool of P shape rubber seal to seal up the bottom of the doors. Hopefully that will help a bit as well. Let me know if that works for you as well.

Can you post up some pictures? I'm intrigued by your post.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ganju420
One more thing that bothers me with my newly acquired 2012 TL was, that I inadvertently shift to "S" mode if I am not paying attention, instead of "D" mode on gear knob. I wish the "S" mode was not in in-line and was offset from "D" mode, to avoid this.

BTW...do people really find "S" mode useful and use regularly? If yes, when do you find it most useful?
I've done this on very rare occasions but you'll stop doing it pretty quickly once your brain adjusts to how far you need to slide the shifter.

I only use "S" mode if I'm planning to takeoff quickly or find a fun twisty road I want to engage in some spirited driving on. You could probably use it for engine braking in snow but I think the paddle shifters would be easier to use for that.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wreak
Can you post up some pictures? I'm intrigued by your post.
I will start another thread once I finish sealing all the doors. I am still waiting on the P and Z shape seals for the bottom door frame and the front edge of the front door.
The following users liked this post:
cyberizer (10-20-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I use "S" a lot in my area. I live in the foot hills and we have lots of hills & turns that if you want to drive a little more sporty you can. With that said, one of my complaints is the slow shifting in sport mode. I have had a few Acuras and the slow shifting transmissions have always been there so I know to deal with it. The AWD trunk being a little small would help with the fold down seats but if there is a reason then that is the way it is. Nobody has mentioned being annoyed by the burning oil in the 3.7 yet. That is a pain. I've had a system for years that I change the oil with 4.5 quarts and 3/4 of the way through the cycle I add the last 1/2 quart that was left over and it would be full just in time for the next oil change. I think I burn at least 2 or more quarts per oil change now. And I think the ELS stereo needs work. It sounds great with that 1 music DVD that Acura gave us but normal a/m f/m or digital music just sounds ok in my opinion. My wifes BMW has the HK system in it and it really blows mine away.

All in all I am very happy with the TL. I came from an Audi S4 6 speed V8 and the TL was still pretty impressive when I drove off the lot. My thoughts are to fix my stereo and transmission complaints I need to spend another $15,000 - $20,000 for another car over the price I paid for the Acura.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Used everyday in bumper to bumper traffic. I hate to use break to slow down and the s mode gives me better get go.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Advanced

Used everyday in bumper to bumper traffic. I hate to use break to slow down and the s mode gives me better get go.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I really love this car, (TL SWD) coming from a BMW 7 Series

It handles great and is really quick in the S more. Really fun to drive.

It's a little louder in the cabin than I would like, but I can really hear the sweet sound of the engine when stomping on the pedal from 4k up.......
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ephi82
I really love this car, (TL SWD) coming from a BMW 7 Series

It handles great and is really quick in the S more. Really fun to drive.

It's a little louder in the cabin than I would like, but I can really hear the sweet sound of the engine when stomping on the pedal from 4k up.......
Completely agree with your comments. Btw, the vtec crossover for this engine is 4.6k if I remember correctly. It's very subtle though. I have to pay attention to the tach to notice the crossover.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PaulAWD
All in all I am very happy with the TL. I came from an Audi S4 6 speed V8 and the TL was still pretty impressive when I drove off the lot. My thoughts are to fix my stereo and transmission complaints I need to spend another $15,000 - $20,000 for another car over the price I paid for the Acura.
I've been considering an S4 as a replacement for my TL, this is a bit off topic but how do you find they compare? I love how stealthy the S4 is and the interior looks fantastic and sporty to me, problem is I have a 10 month old and I'm not sure the rear seat has enough room.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by james21_h
Can you please post some pictures of what you did? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Instructor

I wish my 14 TL Tech had auto headlights whenever I turn my wipers on (my Ford Sport-trac does!). I get around it by turning my auto light sensing to HI, so when it is grey out they come on.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
May I ask what is "once touch open to the rear door handles like the canadian TL's"?

Also, I hate about this car is the bluetooth, when I use my Iphone to call someone, I can't talk through the car, I have to use my phone to talk, which is kinda annoying for me
Old 11-01-2015, 06:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by herbert6368
May I ask what is "once touch open to the rear door handles like the canadian TL's"?

Also, I hate about this car is the bluetooth, when I use my Iphone to call someone, I can't talk through the car, I have to use my phone to talk, which is kinda annoying for me
Something must be wrong on your phone settings, my blackberry allows me to talk hands free, I don't need my phone at all in order to place calls, receive calls, or speak on the call.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
Something must be wrong on your phone settings, my blackberry allows me to talk hands free, I don't need my phone at all in order to place calls, receive calls, or speak on the call.
Anything works except when I used my phone to place a call rather than using the car's menu.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:47 AM
5th Gear

Car is about a foot longer than it needs to be. Also, lack of folding rear seat. I always loved the electronically power-assisted steering.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
I've been considering an S4 as a replacement for my TL, this is a bit off topic but how do you find they compare? I love how stealthy the S4 is and the interior looks fantastic and sporty to me, problem is I have a 10 month old and I'm not sure the rear seat has enough room.

I hade my son in a car seat and he fit just fine. Yes a little tighter than the TL but he still fit. As far as comparing the 2 cars, my S4 was an 2005 V8. I have not driven the newer V6 SC one but the V8 was all motor and torque. I had fun driving it everyday. It was lowered a little and on crappy roads drove terrible compared to the TL. As far as handling the 2 cars stick to the road about the same. The Audi was tighter but the TL is more comfortable. In S mode, using the paddle shifters and keeping Revs up the TL really does well. But I could haul ass in the S4 lugging it around. I will most likely replace the TL in a couple years with an S6 unless the Auto tranny sucks and I'll leave the suspension stock. The S4 was a great car and I really miss the motor a lot. I needed more room in the back seat and something not so low for clients and that's the only reason I don't have my S4 today. And that the stereo didn't Bluetooth Pandora.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:40 PM
8th Gear

Have had my TL just under 2 months & the only thing that bugs me is no auto back windows... we can have auto headlight washers, but no auto windows? :/
Old 11-10-2015, 05:47 AM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Hump in the Trunk of the SH-AWD and no Heated rear seats. The side mirrors stains... No LED upgrade for the fog like the 2012 and up... Paying for Navi Updates........ No folding back seats...... No after market cams...... Wondering when this Propeller drive shaft going to go out again...... (I love this car)
Old 11-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the paid Nav update. It's super annoying when you frequent newer areas of a city or obvious errors in the city. Dare I say it looks dated as well and not as refined as the rest of the car?

Minor quibbles:

- My old car used to have a hidden cup holder on the passenger side just above the vent. Now, having more than one beverage isn't a great idea.
- Full sized spare tire. Just a minor thing. I've never had to use mine, but would be nice to not have a weird sized tire in the event of tire issues.
- Water accumulates above the camera on the trunk. I think two grooves in the shape of a "V" that allows the water to trip around the camera would have easily fixed this.
- Car beeps like crazy when you exit car with your key fob. Wish I could disable that rather than just lower the volume so people don't stare when I go outside after starting the car to brush off snow or whatever (But if you can turn it off, please let me know how to do it. Couldn't find it in the console settings or manual)
- Middle seat in back is raised. In the weird event I fill the entire car with passengers, the middle passenger feels like he or she is sitting on a car seat and I suddenly have some freakishly tall passenger in my rear view mirror.

I seriously love this beast. With the exception of the Nav and the beeping which bother me nearly every day, the rest of the stuff probably bothers me less than 1% of the time.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:14 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pgr1990
Damn bluetooth disconnects and reconnects all the time!!!!!
As seen on another thread https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...g-link-923548/

Try turning off your WIFI on your phone while in the car.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:10 AM
2nd Gear

No 'PAUSE" button for media playback. Smh...
Old 12-15-2015, 04:04 AM
10th Gear

Let's see...
I agree with the lack of auto sensing wipers. The delay in my stereo when first getting in the car. Torque steer. DVD audio player don't play actual DVD's.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:34 AM
10th Gear

I have a delay before my stereo starts to play when I first crank my car. No auto sensing wipers and mine didn't come with 20s and air bags.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
When cleaning my interior over the weekend I was reminded of a minor annoyance with the TL. I don't like how the rear mats have the anchor in the front. It makes no sense because when people get in the car the rugs naturally want to slide forward. Mine constantly have a hump in them because the rear slides forward but the anchor in the front keeps it from moving.
I thought I was the only one around anal enough to be bothered by that The real problem is the lousy quality/thinness of those mats.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
I thought I was the only one around anal enough to be bothered by that The real problem is the lousy quality/thinness of those mats.
And in the back, it reads Honda...

Quick Reply: the most annoying thing about the TL