ecu/trans/shiftin adaptives rest, problem???

Old 03-16-2017, 01:18 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecu/trans/shiftin adaptives rest, problem???

I've got a 2013 and this car has driven me crazy since I got it, I always felt like the torque converter or trans slipped and that it had horrible throttle response, bad relation to how much throttle was being applied compared to how much peddle I was pressing, was always in a couple gears too high in situations where it shouldn't, felt sluggish, etc. Today I reset the learning that the ecu has done by disconnecting both terminals of the battery and touching them (the cables) together to drain what's left for power, and then starting up the car and letting it run for 10 mins. Everything in the car feels like it should after, the car feels much more responsive, faster, etc. It seems like it only takes about 800-1000km (5-600miles) for the car to go back to how it was before though. I'm sure the congested traffic in my area has a bit to do with it as I can't really drive it hard always to get it to learn that driving style. I'm just wondering if resetting this adaptives every 1000km (600miles) or so could be bad for anything over time that I can't forsee other than fuel mileage? I'm also wondering if anyone else have a method that does the same thing without having to remove all the plastic engine cover pieces and disconnecting the battery (used to be able to do it from inside the car on my 06). I've since left a wrench in my car to keep on top of this since I can't really stand driving the car without it feeling like this but what a pain in the ass process to have to do so often.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
the programming of the transmission is likely that way to protect the transmission. Couple that with new updates due to the torque converter issues and its even more noticeable. Unfortunately the car will revert back to this each time. Have you tried using sport mode? I think other memebers have posted that the programming is less sluggish in sport mode but you will need to be on top of upshifting as it only upshifts the first few gears.

Post back your results.

We have a 2012 SH AWD and it definitely feels like it wants to stay out of lower gears compared to my tsx.

Search this Thread