Camber issues

Old 02-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Camber issues

What's up every one. So I just had ingall camber kit installed in my TL 2010 awd and I left out the shop and the mechanic told me to come back in a week to drive it for a bit to see where he needs to adjust the wheel after I got a wheel alignment. Is this common to have this issue where after you get your camber kit installed for it to fall out of spec again. He said after driving it for a bit it'll fall into place and then if it's still out of spec he can look at the tire wear and see which one he needs to adjust. (I think because the shop was closing he wanted to rush me out) because even I was able to notice my rear driver side wheel had more negative camber then the rest everything else seems fine. But the car tends to pull left from that direction...anyone else experience this issue ? (Also car is lowered 1 finger gap on bc racing BR type coilovers if that helps.)
Old 02-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,574 Likes on 6,625 Posts
Yes Go back after to have him check.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:26 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
is this the same mechanic that flipped the control arm upside down and tried to install it?
if so, get a new mechanic........

on the third gen TL, i believe it was the ingalls kit that kept moving out of place. I dont believe in camber kits, because I believe in function over form, ALL DAY ERRRRY DAY!!!
but I would research the camber kit you have and make sure it's not the one that moves out of place...
(it's a flaw in the camber kit design)
Old 02-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Yea Ima have to go back to him. And lol yea same mechanic 🤦🏻♂️
Old 02-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by justnspace
is this the same mechanic that flipped the control arm upside down and tried to install it?
if so, get a new mechanic........
Old 02-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Intermediate

Just realized what it said. But it wasn't the actual control arm he flipped upside down that would've been terrible. However, he still didn't know much about it. The oem ball joint sits on top of the control arm and slides into the socket from ontop of the control arm. With the ingall ball joints it's the opposite. It fits in the control arm socket from underneath it. He was trying to install it from up too like the original ball joint. Which was a fail.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Why not find a job that knows the difference
Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

I'm actually from ny i just moved out to jerz a few months ago. I don't really know what shops to go to for stuff like this. I was just driving around and came across this place. And I've seen them working on high end cars before so I figured I'd give them a shot. I drive trucks so my time is very limited. By the time I actually get out of work everything is closed. And I work 6 days a week. Sun is really my only day off. Come summer time my scedhule wont be so hectic. But for now it's crunch time so I'm just working as much as I can. Just sucks that it's around the same time I decided to work on my car😏...you guys on here recommend any good shops for speakers body work upholstery or installing rims and stuff ? I have a ton of stuff back at home just waiting to be installed..
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
unfortunately, I live in the south!
and usually, word of mouth gets you a decent mechanic, especially one that has done Japanese cars

Good luck, brotherman!

cruise instagram for "ricers" in your area...strike up conversation (slide into them DM's) and ask where they've gotten the work done

Search this Thread