XM Radio: How to Renew for $77 a Year

Old 07-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just renewed my subscription and got the $77/yr deal.
thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

just called and the first rep hung up on me

second rep initially told me the winback promo was a 4.95/month for 3 months deal....I stood my ground and held to the 77.7 and told her this was wrong...she must have realized and I am now locked in at 77.7 for the year until 2007!!

Thanks for the info in the thread
Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Advanced.

I called the normal XM line yesterday, asked for the winback promotion, got transferred to some lady, she asked what deal I wanted and I said "The $77/yr one" and she said ok, and 30 minutes later, I'm rocking to XM again.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Burning Brakes

My 3-month free trial ran out late June, and I was waiting to get a card in the mail. The first one I got was some crap deal, like 3 months of reduced rate. I waited, and yesterday in the mail I did get the 12 months for $77 offer with free reactivation. There is no "WINBACK" or other promo code printed on the card. And it says: "Applicable only to eligible XM Factory Installed Vehicles". So I don't think you'd even have to mention the "Winback", just say that you got the postcard in the mail and they're only going to ask for your Radio ID.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanx! I got my 1 year for $77 too!!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Instructor

I JUST GOT A MAILER TODAY FROM XM WITH THE $77 OFFER FOR A YEAR, I will post the details later!
Old 08-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Our $77/ year was coming to an end later this month. We got a letter in the mail telling us that our subscription was going to end and the new rate $11.33/ month blah, blah, blah. We called and told them we wanted to cancel when the subscription was up. They asked why and we told them we don't listen to it as much becasue they changed the stations and got too many commercials. The guy at XM agreed and offered to renew for another year at $77. No promotion or nothing. Of course when my subscription on my TL is up in a few months, I'm sure it will be a hassle. The TSX worked better.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Revolutionary

I just renewed my subscription for $77/yr. It was fairly simple besides the fact that I was put on hold twice for about 15 min total When the girl finally got on the phone I told her that I wanted to renew my subscription with the promotion for 77/yr and that was it.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my $77 subcription the other day just in time for my road trip...
Old 08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Intermediate

Signed up for a year @ $77.00 even. . .If it wasn't for this board, I would be paying double that amount!! Thanks Everybody!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking Such a deal!

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

In the TL forum, we have been cleaning up on this non-promotion. Also, on RL. Sorry, but it didn't occur to me until now that the TSX had XM Satellite radio.

Here is the link to everything you always wanted to know about the deal including phone numbers and a script. If you look back in Part II, there is a scan of the flyer that you "received" in the mail. If they want you to read it, you can.

Remember that XM has call centers all over the country and the world so you will probably reach a different one if you call twice.

YES, people have gotten the deal two years in a row. I got the 3 months free trial, then the $60/year deal, then the $77/year deal, and am getting ready to go for another year of $77 as others have already done.

Read the instructions. Follow the script. You will be in like Flynn.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=174551&page=1

Dave
Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xpditor

In the TL forum, we have been cleaning up on this promotion. Also, on RL. Sorry, but it didn't occur to me until now that the TSX had XM Satellite radio.

Here is the link to everything you always wanted to know about the deal including phone numbers and a script. If you look back in Part II, there is a scan of the flyer that you "received" in the mail. If they want you to read it, you can.

Remember that XM has call centers all over the country and the world so you will probably reach a different one if you call twice.

YES, people have gotten the deal two years in a row. I got the 3 months free trial, then the $60/year deal, then the $77/year deal, and am getting ready to go for another year of $77 as others have already done.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...2&page=1&pp=25

Dave
thanks!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Cruisin'

XM for $60..

how can I get that deal do you go online and enter the text?
To answer the other question as to which is better; i had a aftermarket Sirius unit in my accord, before i got my TSX. I actaully prefered the music on Sirius. XM has more channels, but I am always flipping trying to find something I recongnize much less like. It's a matter of your taste in music I suppose, but if i had had a choice i would have gotten Sirius. But XM still beats FM or the same Cd's over and over. for $60 a year its hard to beat but at $13 a month I'm not so sure.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mykytsx
how can I get that deal do you go online and enter the text?
To answer the other question as to which is better; i had a aftermarket Sirius unit in my accord, before i got my TSX. I actaully prefered the music on Sirius. XM has more channels, but I am always flipping trying to find something I recongnize much less like. It's a matter of your taste in music I suppose, but if i had had a choice i would have gotten Sirius. But XM still beats FM or the same Cd's over and over. for $60 a year its hard to beat but at $13 a month I'm not so sure.
Go to the linked thread. Locate the scan of the flyer in Part II (IIRC). Collect your radio code and credit card. Call the number given. Speak the script to the CSR.

If at first you don't succeed, hang up and try again.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
thanks!
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
VSA Rocks

Looks like I can't anything right today. I called XM radio and told them that the new autorenewal rates were too high and wondered if they had something better. The sales attendant named Carlos told me, "You could only do the ZWINBACK for one year, sir."

I told him that I'd like to cancel my subscription. He told me that it would be turned off immediately. wtf? I asked him if my one-year was over and he replied, "no". I asked, "My subscription is not over and you're going to turn it off?" He answered, "Yes."

I told him, "In that case, I have to call the cancel during the last day of my subscription?" He replied, "Ummm -- yeah. You could do that."

WTF?

Sounds like a newbie to me. I'm going to call again.

Strike one for now....
Old 08-25-2006, 02:40 PM
VSA Rocks

Strike two...

Looks like the information the first attendant told me was inaccurate afterall. The attendant this time around was named Ashley and she informed me that my account will have an auto cancellation at the end of my one year contract.

She also informed me that the $77 rate applies for a single year and you're not elgible to do it back-to-back. I told her to go ahead and cancel the subscription (as advised in the script.)

Could they have possibly caught on? It seems like they are being specifically trained to deny the promotion.

My only chance relies on if they have a glitch in their system. If I cancel, I might be elgible for another year because I'm an "inactive" customer.

I'm still following the script.....
Old 08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
sorry if its been asked already...but..once you call for activation...is there anything you have to do(codes or what not on the headunit) or do you just turn on your xm and it will be back? thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Strike two...

Looks like the information the first attendant told me was inaccurate afterall. The attendant this time around was named Ashley and she informed me that my account will have an auto cancellation at the end of my one year contract.

She also informed me that the $77 rate applies for a single year and you're not elgible to do it back-to-back. I told her to go ahead and cancel the subscription (as advised in the script.)

Could they have possibly caught on? It seems like they are being specifically trained to deny the promotion.

My only chance relies on if they have a glitch in their system. If I cancel, I might be elgible for another year because I'm an "inactive" customer.

I'm still following the script.....

same here...i called and cancelled my subscription a few weeks ago. it runs out in about a month. i'll call back and see if i can get the promotion again.

good luck..
Old 08-28-2006, 07:04 PM
VSA Rocks

3rd time's a charm

After 2 strikes, I finally got in. I told them I "received" a flyer in the mail and would like to take advantage of it.

I proceeded to verify my address, give my radio code, and the promotion code. I now have my 2nd year @$77.

Now....

WTF is up with 20 minutes on channel 1 to re-activate??? After that, he instructed me to go to channels 7 and 175 to ensure proper signal.

I don't remember having to do that during my first activation.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Advanced

After 2 strikes, I finally got in. I told them I "received" a flyer in the mail and would like to take advantage of it.

I proceeded to verify my address, give my radio code, and the promotion code. I now have my 2nd year @$77.

What was the "PROMOTION CODE" you gave them?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Burning Brakes

I got a card that didn't have a promo code on it at all. It just said that it's only available for certain cars preinstalled with XM. That's us.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Now....

WTF is up with 20 minutes on channel 1 to re-activate??? After that, he instructed me to go to channels 7 and 175 to ensure proper signal.

I don't remember having to do that during my first activation.
So you actually canceled it and called back a couple days later to ask for ZWINBACK?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr. T
There are 2 XM bands, XM-1 and XM-2. To switch between the two, hit the CD/XM button. You'll probably find the sports stuff on the band you don't have on now.

I like the $60/yr promotion--I've just had XM since Sunday night and already I'm hooked.
LOL. This was what I use to think too. Actually XM1/XM2 = FM 1/ FM 2 ...for extra presets only.

Btw all the channels should be set up already. I bought the car new (06 5at) and it already had 250+ channels (there are a lot of sports channels...ie espn, espnnews, 10+ mlb channels, 5+ NCAA channels by division, etc etc)
Old 09-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Cruisin'

sirius vs XM

jiggaman. I have had both Sirius and now XM. I liked my sirius much better. The wife now has it. Personally their music is much more in tune with what i like. I also like the NFL over MBL. But unfortunatly acura only has the XM, and since I snuck in on the $77 a year promo (thanks acurazine..!) I am sticking with the XM for now, plus it's built in)
When I have to choose between the $13 month XM and sirius in a year.. I may go back to sirius.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by dmbfan36_23
So you actually canceled it and called back a couple days later to ask for ZWINBACK?
Sorry -- I didn't see that this thread got bumped and there was a question for me.

Yes -- I had to cancel it first. Just follow instructions on the TL thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...2&page=1&pp=25

Originally Posted by Xpditor

In the TL forum, we have been cleaning up on this promotion. Also, on RL. Sorry, but it didn't occur to me until now that the TSX had XM Satellite radio.

https://acurazine.com/forums/show...22&page=1&pp=25

Dave
Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
6th Gear

I just got my XM activated for $77/yr.

I told the analyst that I want the "$77 per year" offer. She asked for my radio ID and said it's a one time offer. Done. She did not ask for any promo code.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got my Xm for $77. No promo code needed for me.
The rep told me to wait on channel 1 for 15 minutes though.
Thanks Acurazine!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Advanced

Damn! That was easy!

Just re-upped for a 2nd year at $77 with zero hassle from the 800# on the first try.

Thanks for the "script" !!!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 AM
VSA Rocks

I GOT CANCELLED BY XM AFTER BEING TOLD I WAS GETTING THE $77/YR!!

After a month of thinking that my XM was working after being told that I was renewed (see post above), it got suspended last Friday. Thinking it was a mistake, I called XM (after they hung up on me 4 times ) and told them my XM wasn't working for some reason.

The lady on the phone told me that I wasn't elgible for the "WINBACK" promo since I had it a year ago. That's the reason they cancelled me.

Oh well, I guess they caught up on the little glitch. I need to start burning CD's anyway. F--k paying $12 a month!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Advanced

Damn....sorry to hear that.....I wonder if it will catch up with all of us WINBACKers?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Spy
Advanced

I GOT CANCELLED BY XM AFTER BEING TOLD I WAS GETTING THE $77/YR!!
F--k paying $12 a month!
XM is not worth $12/month. I still get it on the WINBACK promo, but even at $77/year I had trouble justifying it. I do have SIRIUS in my pathfinder, which I drive less, and have no problem paying that $12/month. SIRIUS is much better than XM.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Instructor

Do you know anyone else that has xm? I got together with 4 of my co-workers and we share a family plan. We each pay 7.90 a month, which i think is worth it.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:01 PM

ok...just remembered that i needed to call xm soon since my subscription expires in a few days.

called xm and got a rep, who was in panama city, panama of all places.

here's what happened:

1. gave her my radio code and verified my name and address.
2. she asks what she can help me with, and i say "my xm subscription is about to expire in a few days, and i got a flyer for a 12 month/$77 renewal, and i'd like to take up that offer."
3. she says she needs to get some info on that promo and puts me on hold for a few minutes.
4. she comes back and says she's updating my account. i got a little nervous because she kept thinking out loud...for example, she was like "ok...zwinback...12 months...update...". i was just waiting for her to say i couldn't do it because i had the promo last year, and i can't do it two years in a row.
5. then she says i'm all set. i didn't have to give her my credit card info since she said it was on file already.

took about 10 minutes total. whew! i dunno what i was gonna do without espn radio.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
ok...just remembered that i needed to call xm soon since my subscription expires in a few days.

called xm and got a rep, who was in panama city, panama of all places.

here's what happened:

1. gave her my radio code and verified my name and address.
2. she asks what she can help me with, and i say "my xm subscription is about to expire in a few days, and i got a flyer for a 12 month/$77 renewal, and i'd like to take up that offer."
3. she says she needs to get some info on that promo and puts me on hold for a few minutes.
4. she comes back and says she's updating my account. i got a little nervous because she kept thinking out loud...for example, she was like "ok...zwinback...12 months...update...". i was just waiting for her to say i couldn't do it because i had the promo last year, and i can't do it two years in a row.
5. then she says i'm all set. i didn't have to give her my credit card info since she said it was on file already.

took about 10 minutes total. whew! i dunno what i was gonna do without espn radio.
Jedi:

You didn't read or pay attention to the instructions?? The "zwinback" offer is for CANCELLED or EXPIRED former subscribers to "win back" their business. The offer is not extended while your current subscription is still active. That wouldn't make any business sense.

Some folks, such as you, have gotten away with doing it prematurely but most haven't. There are so many call centers and they are not organized well- to our benefit.

I suggest you let the subscription expire- as I mentioned earlier, though, make sure they have not automatically renewed you at the full rate by calling or confirming you are not still receiving the signal from XM.

You would have only received the flyer if your service was terminated.

But, in the end, whatever works! I'm just trying to make it easy for the most people.

I called to make sure mine was not going to be autorenewed on August 28th and they assured me they wouldn't. I don't see a credit card charge but I'm still getting XM radio on my TL!!! I will "let sleeping dogs lie."
Old 10-11-2006, 01:57 PM

well we'll see what happens.

today would have been the day my subscription expires, and it was working this morning on the way to work. i can see a charge pending on my credit card online statement. but it's only like $1. i guess we'll find out if it's the $77 or the "auto renewal" fee. i called back a few months ago and i asked that they just cancel my subscription when it runs out and not to auto renew it.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Instructor

When you first buy the car does it come with a grace period of xm service?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jasonviper04
When you first buy the car does it come with a grace period of xm service?
Yep, 3 months.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Boost Junky

so basically when my 3 months is up just wait for it to get disconnected and then call them up and ask them for the promotion? Im getting confused lol...I wish Acura had a deal with Sirius instead of XM
Old 10-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by simplyscion
so basically when my 3 months is up just wait for it to get disconnected and then call them up and ask them for the promotion? Im getting confused lol...I wish Acura had a deal with Sirius instead of XM
When my 3 months expired, they had a special offer of $60 for a year. Then, I let that expire and got the second year for $77. Now, I am headed into the 3rd year. Many members have also gotten the 3rd year for $77 also (by using the techniques given in this thread).

When your initial trial period has expired, you should be able to get the $77 deal as instructed above.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XM Radio: How to Renew for $77 a Year