Unknown chirp from front right tire area

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 07:21 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unknown chirp from front right tire area

08 tsx, I got this chirp that will NOT go away. I thought it might of been my brakes, so I replaced them. Thought it might be my calipers, brought it to the shop and they said no. I asked if they seen anything wrong with control arm or ball bearing area, they also said no. They sound is constant. When I start driving it starts. If I hit a bump however it will stop. If its raining, it'll quite down or stop all the way. Both times the tire has been removed, and then put bacc on, the house will go away for about a week. SOMEONE HELP!!! BTW, I plan on going to another shop, for the first one didn't seem like they knew what they were taking about. The head mechanic told me that its a common sound in the TSX and its coming from my dash board. Wrong answer!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Has car been inspected with noise present? I assume the shops were unable to reproduce noise. This suggests a suspension noise, possibly a bushing (upper, lower, control, leading, trailing arms,...lots of bushings!) or stabilizer link. You need to attempt to reproduce by bouncing rear suspension manually to allow tracing noise.

If noise is at tire rotation speed, then tires, bearings or brakes are only possibilities. Some shops have special equipment to rotate wheels.

good luck
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Has car been inspected with noise present? I assume the shops were unable to reproduce noise. This suggests a suspension noise, possibly a bushing (upper, lower, control, leading, trailing arms,...lots of bushings!) or stabilizer link. You need to attempt to reproduce by bouncing rear suspension manually to allow tracing noise.

If noise is at tire rotation speed, then tires, bearings or brakes are only possibilities. Some shops have special equipment to rotate wheels.

good luck

At one point I was able to produce the noise by pushing down and in towards the vehicle. I was able to do that for a while and it would consistently make the noise. Then a few days before the shop, it had stopped. I personally have looked at what bushings I can when the tire is off. And I don't notice any craccs or anything abnormal. Do you think it could possibly be the shoccs on the passenger side? Looking from the top of the engine bay, the passenger side is more off center then driver side.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Drifting

Shocks are possible, but should be reproducible easily. W/O repeatable noise that can be traced, you can only throw parts and hope to replace defective part.

good luck
Old 01-25-2017, 02:11 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Shocks are possible, but should be reproducible easily. W/O repeatable noise that can be traced, you can only throw parts and hope to replace defective part.

good luck
Well great! Lol. What do you recommend I start with?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
can you take a pic of the shock tower or explain what "the passenger side is more off center" means?
Old 01-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Drifting

I looked at rear suspension instead of front, however most of what I said applies.

A good possibility is a dry stabilizer bar guide bushing (there are two). You might try spraying w/ silicone lube to see if problem is resolved. This noise would be more likely when turning and passing over a bump (bar is twisted).

good luck
Old 01-27-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I want to know what he meant by front passenger shock is off center.
off center ANYTHING isnt good.