Navigation Touchscreen stopped responding

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 03:13 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Touchscreen stopped responding

I've tried to search for this before posting, but can't seem to find anything specifically relevant to my problem. If this has already been reported and fixed, please point me to the right post - thanks!

I have a 2008 TSX w/ Navi (161k, manual). Everything was working great until the other day when my touchscreen stopped responding. When I start the car, the screen asking for my consent comes up, and I'm able to use the joystick to acknowledge, however the touchscreen itself is no longer responding to my commands. I can navigate for the most part using the joystick, but I'd really like to get it working again. Occasionally when navigating using the joystick, the system responds as if I pressed somewhere on the screen. It seems like there might be a spot in the screen that is detecting a forced touch.

One other note - a few months ago I removed the radio to try to diagnose an FM signal issue. I restored the radio to its proper state, but there's a chance a connector might have come loose. This doesn't really gel with the last note I just mentioned in the previous paragraph (about how the system sometimes responds as if it was pressed without any action), but it's worth mentioning in case that helps diagnose.

Any ideas on what to do here? I'm definitely capable of poking around these systems, but I'm not sure what to do first. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!