Air struts from Truhart.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:09 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Air struts from Truhart.

Hello, I just made an account and am new to the use of forums so apologies in advance if my writing format is not correct.

So I own a 04 TSX and have been thinking about getting it bagged. Browsing around on the internet, I've had trouble finding places that had air struts that were compatible with my car until I found this brand called Truhart. At the same time, I trying to get in contact with Accuair to ask about their e-Level Management system and am waiting for a response from them. I've looked around for reviews on it and have seen some for spring coilovers but none about air struts.

Does anyone have these Truhart air struts on their car?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SurfinPoseidon
Hello, I just made an account and am new to the use of forums so apologies in advance if my writing format is not correct.

So I own a 04 TSX and have been thinking about getting it bagged. Browsing around on the internet, I've had trouble finding places that had air struts that were compatible with my car until I found this brand called Truhart. At the same time, I trying to get in contact with Accuair to ask about their e-Level Management system and am waiting for a response from them. I've looked around for reviews on it and have seen some for spring coilovers but none about air struts.

Thanks.
I ordered a set of these 2 days ago for my 2GCL and I'm going to pair it with Air Lift Auto Pilot V2 as soon as everything comes in. I'll most likely be doing the install next weekend, so I'll let you know how they are. There's a dude on IG running them on his 2GTL by the name of el_magueton_tl. I tried to get him to speak on them, but he didn't say much other than they rode good.

I'll be back in a few weeks with some feedback, but if you really can't wait to get them, talk to Jerry McGovern at Tru Hart for some good customer service and any questions you have. Later.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm ordering the truhart bag kit in a week or so for my 3gen TL .. so I'm in for results also, I'll post pics once I get them
Old 05-07-2015, 02:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by FastGuy
I'm ordering the truhart bag kit in a week or so for my 3gen TL .. so I'm in for results also, I'll post pics once I get them
The whole kit with the manual management? I just heard from someone on Facebook that the management that comes with the kit will make the car ride like crap. I don't know how accurate he is, but I would definitely advise you to go with a digital management if you can. How much are you paying for the whole set up?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:42 PM
10th Gear

Truhart air struts

Originally Posted by SurfinPoseidon

Hey I have the truhart struts wit accuair switch speed the ride is good pretty decent. IF you drive all the way up youll be bouncing all over the place especially when you hit those bumpy roads but if you drive at a regular drop height you'll be fine still a little bouncy depending on where you live but I love em. and I daily drive with em
Old 05-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by A__n__i
Hey I have the truhart struts wit accuair switch speed the ride is good pretty decent. IF you drive all the way up youll be bouncing all over the place especially when you hit those bumpy roads but if you drive at a regular drop height you'll be fine still a little bouncy depending on where you live but I love em. and I daily drive with em
I still haven't installed mine, so I have some questions if you don't mind. Do you have the lower threaded part turned all the way down to get the maximum drop?

And.

When you say regular drop height, about how much of a drop in inches is that?

Thanks man.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

Well yeah the whole kit for now, maybe later down the road I'll upgrade to a digital management. . I would only want to know what psi you guys ride on? Also how much down or up did u move the lower part of the assembly to get to ride height? And how it rides at the psi used for dd? So many questions lol my kit hasn't arrive yet, should next week tho
Old 05-18-2015, 06:40 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CL SpeedsteR
I still haven't installed mine, so I have some questions if you don't mind. Do you have the lower threaded part turned all the way down to get the maximum drop?

And.

When you say regular drop height, about how much of a drop in inches is that?

Thanks man.
I'm not maxed dropped may be about 85% I can still go low and body drop it. I drive with about 200 psi in the tank. The ride with these bags are bouncy thoughi need to find a way to soften the ride. When are yours coming in?
Old 05-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Racer

I'm not maxed dropped may be about 85% I can still go low and body drop it. I drive with about 200 psi in the tank. The ride with these bags are bouncy thoughi need to find a way to soften the ride. When are yours coming in?
O.k so the bottom part of the shock body isn't turned down at all. 200 PSI in the tank? Do you mean in the bags? So you mentioned in your other post that with a regular height drop it rides fine, bouncy but still fine, about how many inches would you say is regular height drop?

I started to install them this weekend, but didn't finish yet due to needing miscellaneous fittings etc.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:23 PM
10th Gear

Shock isn't down all the way and I'm running 200 psi in the tank when I say regular height drop I mean an average drop about an inch 1 1/2 all around

How I drive

Parked
Old 05-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Racer

Shock isn't down all the way and I'm running 200 psi in the tank when I say regular height drop I mean an average drop about an inch 1 1/2 all around

How I drive

Parked
Haha dam that thing is dumped! Looks sick man! What size are these wheels and you said it can get lower?

Did you find a sweet spot yet for comfort and not so much bounce?
Old 05-22-2015, 09:00 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CL SpeedsteR
Haha dam that thing is dumped! Looks sick man! What size are these wheels and you said it can get lower?

Did you find a sweet spot yet for comfort and not so much bounce?
Thanks dude 19s g37 wheels yea I can lower the front more not the back. I found a comfortable ride hight but I need to upgrade to the elevel I need that preset control. Did you get yours yet?
Old 05-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Racer

Thanks dude 19s g37 wheels yea I can lower the front more not the back. I found a comfortable ride hight but I need to upgrade to the elevel I need that preset control. Did you get yours yet?
Yeah I have everything already. My buddy and I started last weekend, but didn't finish and he doesn't have time to come back until next weekend, so we'll finish it then.

How do you know when to stop airing out and not break anything since you don't have presets?

Did you do the install yourself?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:04 PM
10th Gear

My cousin did the install for me . What I did was put the car on bricks all four wheels aired down and looked under make sure nothing was touching . That's the best way.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Intermediate

Hey guys I need help! I just installed the truhart kit on my 3g Tl, however the front doesn't go up! N no i don't have leaks.. what psi pressure switch are you guys running? Because I can have the car on jack stands and air the front up take the car off stands and it will be high, once I air it out and try to inflat it, it's as if the car is too heavy for it to lift . Any help? The rear works perfect 👌
Old 06-01-2015, 12:46 PM
10th Gear

Hey guys I need help! I just installed the truhart kit on my 3g Tl, however the front doesn't go up! N no i don't have leaks.. what psi pressure switch are you guys running? Because I can have the car on jack stands and air the front up take the car off stands and it will be high, once I air it out and try to inflat it, it's as if the car is too heavy for it to lift . Any help? The rear works perfect 👌
I had the same issue are you running accuair for air management? The problem is our cars are heavy in the front that's why it does that. You need to run more air in the tank. 200 psi is what I'm running.I need to know what air management system you have? And do you have a pressure switch?
Old 06-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Intermediate

I had the same issue are you running accuair for air management? The problem is our cars are heavy in the front that's why it does that. You need to run more air in the tank. 200 psi is what I'm running.I need to know what air management system you have? And do you have a pressure switch?
Well right now I have manual switches , however I ordered autopilot v2 management should come soon. As for the pressure switch I do have one, this switch only allows me to go up to 140psi and at that psi the front doesn't even lift! Do you believe I need a 200psi pressure switch?
Old 06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
10th Gear

Well right now I have manual switches , however I ordered autopilot v2 management should come soon. As for the pressure switch I do have one, this switch only allows me to go up to 140psi and at that psi the front doesn't even lift! Do you believe I need a 200psi pressure I'm sure switch?
Yea man our cars too heavy in the front u need that 200 psi!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Intermediate

Sounds good bro, let me order that asap, I shouldn't damage the bags with that 200psi right? I also believe my tank is rated for 200psi .. that shouldn't be a problem correct?

Last edited by FastGuy; 06-01-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:05 PM
10th Gear

Sounds good bro, let me order that asap, I shouldn't damage the bags with that 200psi right? I also believe my tank is rated for 200psi .. that shouldn't be a problem correct?
Nah it won't damage your just not getting enough air To raise the front . I was kinda worried too with more air I rode for a month now no prob. I was riding mine with 120psi for 2 weeks and was scared to air down cause it takes so long to get up! How many gallons is your tank?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:30 PM
10th Gear

Nah it won't damage your just not getting enough air To raise the front . I was kinda worried too with more air I rode for a month now no prob. I was riding mine with 120psi for 2 weeks and was scared to air down cause it takes so long to get up! How many gallons is your tank?

Just make sure the tank is rated for 200psi
Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Intermediate

Just make sure the tank is rated for 200psi
Yea my tank is rated for 200psi, I purchased a 160/200psi pressure switch, as for the safety valve I'm guessing I should get a 205psi one right? I just want this damn front to raise lol
Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Intermediate

5 gallon tank btw
Old 03-10-2017, 07:15 PM
10th Gear

5 gallon tank btw
so how's the car ?
Old 10-17-2018, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

Bagged tsx ride height pressure

Hello i was wondering when ur driving what are your numbers for fro t pressure and rear thanks a lot.