2006 TSX Belt Noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 TSX Belt Noise

Hi all,

So I recently replaced my power steering pump and serpentine belt after the PS pump had a leak but I'm still hearing a loud noise in that area. Took a video of it since I couldn't isolate the sound by spraying water on the grooves of the belt while the engine was running.

Video of noise:

p.s. I"m still thinking about doing a rebuilt of the original PS pump and getting rid of the one that was installed because it was advertised as an OEM pump but my mechanic said it wasn't. Does it matter if the PS pump has been leaking for a few months?

p.s.s. Is there anyone in SoCal thats done a power steering pump rebuild? Would love to be able to meet up...

Update: Did a little bit more research and it looks like maybe the mechanics that replaced my PS pump didn't change the o-rings...at least that what I'm gathering based on videos on Youtube with similar noises...
Old 12-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
If you have bubbles in the PS fluid, air is getting pulled into system at/near suction inlet fitting. See attached diagram and inlet fitting. Usually it is the oring, but could be a cracked or loose hose-to-fitting.

good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TSX03-06_PS Pump Assy.pdf (161.8 KB, 88 views)
Old 03-25-2017, 11:52 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that's noisy. Did u ever get the OEM one rebuilt?