06 TSX VSA System Failure-Check emission System - Car stalling

Old 08-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 TSX VSA System Failure-Check emission System - Car stalling

I really need some help guys. I have an 06 TSX. I had been feeling the car a little weird but very slightly almost as if I was on a gently bumpy road. Nothing weird or really noticeable really but my gut felt something. Today I'm driving in pretty hot weather. I leave home and to my first destination all was well, after getting back to my car to go to the next place it drives fine the first 2 minutes when all of a sudden all power is lost almost and the car is barely moving while giving it gas, almost like if I'm running out of gas (which I am not). Then my cluster lights up with "VSA System Failure" and then to "Check Emission System" and back and forth. I decide to try and go around the block to a shady area to stop and first gear is essentially non existent, car barely moves but as I give it more gas it very slowly starts to sputter a bit faster after about maybe 10 seconds or so and builds speed slowly. I turn it off and turn the ignition back to on but the car off and it still says check emission system. The car turns back on so I'm hoping it's a bad sensor or something not allowing for proper fuel ratio injections but I will check shortly if the drive is slow still. I am sitting in my car now and will attempt to go home hopefully. Please help, my tranny will go out in the future as it is showing signs but I don't think this is it so suddenly. Thanks before hand guys. Also, the 2 trouble codes I am getting are the same "p2138 Throttle pedal position sensor switch d/e voltage correlation" which I have now deleted before I try to head home. Thanks again guys beforehand.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After I wrote this and deleted the trouble codes I began my trip home. With the codes now gone the car drove pretty much completely normal without any of the loss of power I was experiencing earlier. So I'm guessing this will likely happen again and keep happening until I find the issue and correct it.Any ideas on what this is? I have looked around online and it seems to be a sensor at the pedal but I would like to see if anyone knows if there are possibly any other causes for this. Thanks
Old 08-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you may want to check out the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) issue/replacement threads. I had something like you describe - kind of weird acceleration issue when I was starting off from a stop, etc. and mine eventually just failed outright.

Search for APP and see what you find. I did a quick search and saw this (note the error code):

https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...sponse-819824/
Old 09-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I replaced the APP sensor on my car a number of years ago. The symptoms were not as bad as yours (that's BAD!), but it was jerky and made me look like I didn't know how to drive manual at all. The new APP sensor made a world of difference. It's dead simple to change, too, as it's under the hood behind/under the cowling near the wiper arms.
Best of luck!