OBX Legend Headers on 3.5 RL YES...well kinda....no, not really

Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
OBX Legend Headers on 3.5 RL YES...well kinda....no, not really

Hello All. I know this has been tossed around for years but there were no real answers. Well about a year ago I installed OBX headers for the 91-95 Acura Legend onto a 96-04 RL. I've been kinda lazy so I never posted up bit here is the basic jist of it. It works, but only kinda.

Here are a couple of comparison pics from the oem manifold y pipe to the OBX header.

That OEM collector though. lol

SO the headers themselves bolt up the the engine fine. Things you need to do are the following:
1. Make extensions for the 02 sensors as the bung is spaced father back.
2. Bend power steering line to clear header as the are wider than stock.
3. Pull the AC line to the strut tower with some sort of clamp to keep it from touching header. (reflective heat wrap is advised)

Now the Y pipe will not bolt up to anything at all. You need to cut it so it can bolt back up to the headers and the cat, then weld it back together.

I have yet to take pictures of what was needed to make the y pipe fit, but I am not happy with it so it will probably be remade. Hopefully sometime soon. Good thing is that it also comes with a straight pipe that I plan to install with high flow cat and resonator to replace the stock one. Performance increases..... butt dyno says maybe??? It definitely sounds different but I think it has more to do with the headers being a thinner material than the cast iron manifolds.

My recommendations is DON'T DO IT! Not really worth it, but I did it cause at the time I could so why not.
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (01-12-2017)

Search this Thread