P0238 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit High

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
P0238 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit High

Hi All, I recently changed spark plugs and adjusted valves on my 07 RDX turbo 180K. I had a challenge removing the valve cover so ended up putting a fair amount of pressure on the ignition wiring harness that normally passes above the valve cover running to the ignition coils. After everything was reassembled, I ended up with a P0238 code that I can't seem to get rid of. I have researched forums and the web for tips, but everything I have done doesn't seem to find the fault causing the error code. I have checked the wiring harness for cracks, rips tears etc..., nothing appears shorted out, and checked voltage to the boost sensor. I am at a loss at the moment, unless it is actually the sensor itself, but why would that sensor go from good to bad simply because I removed the intercooler to change spark plugs? Voltage checks seems to indicate the sensor is still good, (5V incoming, .03 V outgoing), and there are areas of the wiring harness I cannot access to check for shorts. I may end up replacing the sensor, but they aren't cheap to start throwing money at it without exploring other options first. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
***Update***
For some unknown reason, this condition has corrected itself. After sitting overnight, and upon starting in the morning, for some reason, the light is no longer on. I have no explanation, but I'll take it. Who know s for how long....of course!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
Just changed my plugs and same thing...car drives fine, no lack of boost or surging. We'll see what a night of rest does. I have a feeling it's the plug that connects from the bypass valve to the sensor on the intercooler. Perhaps that connection doesn't hold up as well as we'd like it to over time.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:40 PM
2006 NBP TL MT6/ 02TL-S

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I changed my spark plugs on my 07 RDX this past weekend & no codes...
this is probably an obvious question, but did you guys try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
Mine threw up a Check Engine just from changing transmission fluid ( 2x3 qts). Disconnected the battery for a few minutes & it was gone.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
I just cleared it via a code reader and so far so good. I do know that the gasket between the bpv and the intercooler was bad, and until I could get a formal replacement I put some high-temp gasket goop in there and bolted it down...again, so far so good.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been getting this code intermittent for probably 2 years. It comes and goes.

aside from pulling apart, cleaning and carefully putting everything back together I've done little to solve problem.

Recently replaced 2 of the solenoid valves and it hasn't happened in a while.

would love to know the answer.