'08 RDX Non-Tech Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 RDX Non-Tech Package

Hi All new to the Aucra/Honda line of cars,I'm looking to add a back-up camera to work with the oem screen.Anyone know if this is possible? Some type of interface controller,Will the display even accept a video signal? The screen only shows the radio and temp controls. Can Anyone Help
Old 10-29-2016, 03:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 870 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuffcat
Hi All new to the Aucra/Honda line of cars,I'm looking to add a back-up camera to work with the oem screen.Anyone know if this is possible? Some type of interface controller,Will the display even accept a video signal? The screen only shows the radio and temp controls. Can Anyone Help
This screen is only black and white correct? No color capability? If that is the case, then I would say no. I believe the 2010-2012 RDX had backup cam as standard but that the ones without tech package had the small backup screen in the rear view mirror (could
be wrong on this one). Compare part numbers for the screen on base 2007-2009 and 2010-2012 and you might have your answer.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
This screen is only black and white correct? No color capability? If that is the case, then I would say no. I believe the 2010-2012 RDX had backup cam as standard but that the ones without tech package had the small backup screen in the rear view mirror (could
be wrong on this one). Compare part numbers for the screen on base 2007-2009 and 2010-2012 and you might have your answer.
That's true about the small backup camera in the mirror, at least for our 2010 base RDX.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acuramon
That's true about the small backup camera in the mirror, at least for our 2010 base RDX.
Thanks! Looks like I was right after all, I remember reading or seeing it somewhere but forgot where. Seriously still miss my RDX...what a vehicle!

Gotta love people who come on to a forum, get an answer and never bother showing hp again to say thanks or at least acknowledge a response.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:10 AM
Racer

Thanks! Looks like I was right after all, I remember reading or seeing it somewhere but forgot where. Seriously still miss my RDX...what a vehicle!

Gotta love people who come on to a forum, get an answer and never bother showing hp again to say thanks or at least acknowledge a response.
LOL. Oh well, people come and go. Looks like after one post, he's gone. Probably forgot he even posted here.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:55 AM
Suzuka Master

LOL. Oh well, people come and go. Looks like after one post, he's gone. Probably forgot he even posted here.
Haha tell me about it, at the very least hoping this will be of some use to someone in the future. It is surprisingly hard to find info on older (even more popular) Acura models.

By the way how is the ML going? I seen your thread on the glc300 (really should check it out again, I posted in it and forgot haha). As for myself, still loving my mdx, but am already on the fence in terms of selling. Nothing wrong with the car (thankfully no return of knee pain) but I feel like it is too big for me and I really don't need something as large or what I mean by that is that it feels somewhat ponderous in city driving and I find myself often grabbing the keys to the santa fe for short drives rather than taking the mdx because it is easier to drive and maneuver. Taking a santa fe over an mdx says a lot for me.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Racer

Haha tell me about it, at the very least hoping this will be of some use to someone in the future. It is surprisingly hard to find info on older (even more popular) Acura models.

By the way how is the ML going? I seen your thread on the glc300 (really should check it out again, I posted in it and forgot haha). As for myself, still loving my mdx, but am already on the fence in terms of selling. Nothing wrong with the car (thankfully no return of knee pain) but I feel like it is too big for me and I really don't need something as large or what I mean by that is that it feels somewhat ponderous in city driving and I find myself often grabbing the keys to the santa fe for short drives rather than taking the mdx because it is easier to drive and maneuver. Taking a santa fe over an mdx says a lot for me.
Still loving the ML but with 89k on the clock, I'm not particularly liking the feeling that there's huge maintenance costs looming ahead (makes me miss owning an Accord). Too bad you're not ecstatic over the MDX. I've always liked that body style but you are right about the size. Like the ML, it's a pretty big SUV. I also find myself opting for the smaller vehicle when going on short trips. I'm thinking of possibly getting a 2nd or 3rd gen RDX as my next vehicle, maybe in 2 years when the price comes down some more.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Still loving the ML but with 89k on the clock, I'm not particularly liking the feeling that there's huge maintenance costs looming ahead (makes me miss owning an Accord). Too bad you're not ecstatic over the MDX. I've always liked that body style but you are right about the size. Like the ML, it's a pretty big SUV. I also find myself opting for the smaller vehicle when going on short trips. I'm thinking of possibly getting a 2nd or 3rd gen RDX as my next vehicle, maybe in 2 years when the price comes down some more.
That is my one major issue with Germans, the best looking cars with the highest quality interiors. But as they approach that 100k mark...it really gets bumpy. Thankfully you have a 2008 though, no balance shaft issues, or power lift gate or 7 speed auto issues to worry about (did my research initially haha).

I love the mdx and if I could have multiple vehicles to myself (santa fe is family car) I would be keeping it and buying somehing else for weekday/city commute. But it is just way too big, not just exterior dimensions wise, but it feels so damn ponderous in city driving. Trying to park it takes a couple attempts almost everytime to center it because it is so wide (widest car I have owned thus far I think).

I personally don't like the 2G RDX but not because it is a bad car, moreso it lacks the sportiness I look for in my cars. Good news is that almost all nee cars look amazing so can't go bad!