WOMAN loves 2016 TLX

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Thumbs up WOMAN loves 2016 TLX

So our TSX Wagon is back at dealer for the 8th timelast 6 months. Glad its all under warranty. This time it needs:
  • New A/C Bearing (squeaking like a rat)
  • All rear window stripping (all faded)
  • Broken center armrest
  • Brand new navigation (its black screen and frozen)

Previously we have gotten ILX, RDX, and RLX as loaners. Thistime we got a brand new 2016 TLX with 7 miles on the clock. We have the TLX for3 days, due to ordering parts etc for the Wagon.

Wife has been driving it, and really really liked it. I put on 20 miles on it, and she put about 80miles yesterday. We will probably put about another 200 miles prior toreturning it.

It is the 4 cylinder version. Dark grey color and blackleather. Same combo as our TSX wagon. Wife daily drives a LS600 that we boughtnew, and its long in the tooth, 7 years old with about 165K miles on it. Shehas been looking for a replacement, and we have looked at the RLXh (we didn’tlike the design), and have been waiting to see what the new GSF will be like.We didn’t consider the TLX at all, as she wants something on the spacious size,and going from a LS to a TLX didn’t make sense (size wise).

Well I get home from the hospital, and she tells me sheLOVED the TLX. It handled great, was tossable. I figured its due to her goingfrom her bigger car to the TLX, so I ended up driving it for about 20 miles toget a feel for it.

Engine:

To me the engine felt just as peppy as the TSX. It drovefine. Chirped tires at light. However, same as my TSX I have the samecomplaint, that I would like more power. V6 TLX I am sure would fix that issue.The sound deadening and smoothness of the engine was the same as the TSX, givethe K24.

I drove it in Eco mode (horrendous). In regular Drive mode,it drove fine, but going for hard acceleration, the car slammed down TOO manygears very abruptly. It wasn’t smooth at all.

I liked it most in Sport and Sport+. In sport+ in the lowergears car stayed in 5,000-7,000 rpm and it was excellent. Noise wise it wasgreat to hear as well.

I didn’t like when I turned off the car and turned it back,it didn’t default to the setting I left it in.

Quality:

I was disappointed in the quality of the plastic. The largearea under the windows (on the door), where you would rest your arm, is veryvery hard plastic. The dash area in front of the passenger is very hardplastic. I wish it was a bit softer to the touch.

Handling:

It handled ok for a sedan. Unlike my wife, I didn’t think itwas amazing. However, ours had the 225/55/17 on it, so definitely lots ofsidewall. I wish the noise level onhighway was a little less, but that could be due to coarseness of the 4 cyl andthe lack of sound deadning.

Gadgets:

I really liked the double screen. I LOVED the fact that thelower screen gave vibration feedback when I changed controls. It was easy toread and easy to use. I LOVED the lane departure, felt great on this car. Alsohaving the smart key like lexus is excellent . I loved the tail lights. The fronthead lights looked great when off, but brightness seemed same as my TSX whenlit. So not sure the hype of the jewel eye is up to snuff. Maybe myexpectations were higher. I loved the fact that the seat moves back upon exit.Similar to the Lexus products (wheel rotates up out of the way), I think it isa GREAT feature. I also LOVED the fact that you can tell the street you are onwith a compass on the center instrument cluster. That is a FANTASTIC feature onthis car.

I like the current TSX instrument cluster. I wish the TLX cluster had a bit more pizzas instead of being so similar to the ILX.

Overall it drove very well and was a very solid car. It didn’tfeel as peppy as the 2016 ILX, but the v6 would likely cure the accelerationwoes for me. I am not sure what the MSRPof the model we drove but like most Acuras I imagine it is a great value. Mybiggest complaints are the Nav Tech/backup camera. It is still from 1988 andnot 2016. I don’t get why other manufacturers have all updated but Acura hasn’t.The camera is so grainy, just like my TSX.

-Rear back seat space

-Overall good quality

-Value

-Second Screen

-Little street name on main cluster

-Rear tail lights

Minor Dislikes:

-Wheel design

-Lack of power

-Trans hunting for gear in D mode

Hated:

-Open cupholders. Hate that. Makes it seem like cheapAmerican rental cars. I saw the same in the ILX. I prefer it had a cover

-Nav/Back up camera. The tech is SO old I couldn’t believeit. Our 2013 CT Lexus had amazing clear back up camera, amazing nav. I am notsure why Acura is so behind on this tech.

We will definitely be test driving the V6 around September,when my wife gets the new car. Overall I was impressed with the TLX and pleasantly very surprised.
Attached Thumbnails WOMAN loves 2016 TLX-tlx1002.jpg   WOMAN loves 2016 TLX-tlx-1002.jpg   WOMAN loves 2016 TLX-tlx_1001.jpg  
The following 4 users liked this post by 2012wagon:
benjaminh (07-31-2015), Tonyware (08-02-2015), weather (07-31-2015), WheelMcCoy (08-01-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
very modest review. btw it's the 2015 model
Old 07-31-2015, 11:55 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by aIRpeACE
very modest review. btw it's the 2015 model
That's what I thought initially

The key ring and paperwork said 2016 tlx

I however didn't check the date on the door jam

I am sure you are correct
Old 07-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012wagon
That's what I thought initially

The key ring and paperwork said 2016 tlx

I however didn't check the date on the door jam

I am sure you are correct

Pretty sure that's a dealer error. All the '16 Acura models are out now except for the TLX which should be out within the next couple of months. Enjoyed reading your mini-review.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by a32tl
Pretty sure that's a dealer error. All the '16 Acura models are out now except for the TLX which should be out within the next couple of months. Enjoyed reading your mini-review.
Thank you

Hope nav and camera will be fixed for 16
Old 07-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
IDS will actually keep your last setting unless you left it in Sport+ which will default back down to Sport.
The following users liked this post:
2012wagon (07-31-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Safety Car

Cool

Originally Posted by advan031
IDS will actually keep your last setting unless you left it in Sport+ which will default back down to Sport.
Ah ok

Yeah it kept defaulting out of S+
Old 07-31-2015, 07:17 PM
Safety Car

Dealer just called

Need to keep my wagon till mid next week
Can't still fix it

So tlx for another 5 days
Old 08-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Thanks for the review. I understand that all reviews have a large degree of subjectivity and opinion, but do want to point out a few concerns. Not sure what hard plastic you are referring to in front of the passenger. I would hardly call the material hard plastic, nor the stuff on the top of the door panel. Also, having owned a 12 TSX Tech, I can say the engine refinement and sound deadening is considerably improved….and the numbers support that. The TSX is fine but certainly not as quiet when you drive it in numerous conditions over time.

As for the IDS, ito clarify, it defaults to the setting you select for your default choice in the front dash display….not the setting you select on the transmission when driving. It will always go back to the setting you have it defaulted to when you start the car (except Sport Plus, as was pointed out).
Old 08-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm glad I'm not alone in regards to the cup holders. I hate that the TLX does not have a cover like the TL. However, it appears that more cars have the open cup holders than not. In my case, I never use the cup holders, so I prefer them to be out of sight.
2012wagon (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
Regarding the backup camera, in my opinion Acura's system boots up the quickest. I think the trick is the Acura system starts booting when you unlock or open the door. In other cars I've turned the car on, put it in reverse and wait 2-5 seconds for the rear camera to work. In the Acura, the rear cam boots up nearly instantaneously.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Linmk2
I'm glad I'm not alone in regards to the cup holders. I hate that the TLX does not have a cover like the TL. However, it appears that more cars have the open cup holders than not. In my case, I never use the cup holders, so I prefer them to be out of sight.
This is my BIGGEST pet peeve
2012wagon (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by musty hustla
Regarding the backup camera, in my opinion Acura's system boots up the quickest. I think the trick is the Acura system starts booting when you unlock or open the door. In other cars I've turned the car on, put it in reverse and wait 2-5 seconds for the rear camera to work. In the Acura, the rear cam boots up nearly instantaneously.

I have to disagree with you a bit on this point. I think my '12 TL's camera is pretty slow. Often, I am almost finished backing up before the camera's image shows up. It usually takes about 3 - 5 seconds. Also, many times I am finished backing up before the grid ever shows up on the screen. I did get the chance to drive a TLX V6 Tech recently for about 130 miles. Didn't really notice the speed of the camera engaging but did notice the really grainy images projected. Was way worse than my TL. Surprised me a bit. I'm still planning on getting a TLX at some point though.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Safety Car

Put another 100 miles on it today:

LOVED the two metal rings on the outside of the signal and wiper stalk. Definitely gives it a little bit of heft/quality

Love how powerful the rear A/C vents are.

Dislike
On either side of the transmission colum (where drives leg and passenger leg is), on the TSX wagon there is storage. Perfect fit for phones. TLX doesn't have it.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Thanks for the review. I understand that all reviews have a large degree of subjectivity and opinion, but do want to point out a few concerns. Not sure what hard plastic you are referring to in front of the passenger. I would hardly call the material hard plastic, nor the stuff on the top of the door panel. Also, having owned a 12 TSX Tech, I can say the engine refinement and sound deadening is considerably improved….and the numbers support that. The TSX is fine but certainly not as quiet when you drive it in numerous conditions over time.

As for the IDS, ito clarify, it defaults to the setting you select for your default choice in the front dash display….not the setting you select on the transmission when driving. It will always go back to the setting you have it defaulted to when you start the car (except Sport Plus, as was pointed out).
HARD PLASTIC
I have added two pictures for you. The picture on the door by the door handle is a very large piece of hard plastic, that could be softer/smoother, not plastic like other luxury cars.

The large area between the two vents in front of the passenger is the same hard plastic material. Other luxury cars I have dont have it, that's all.

NOISE
I am not saying the TLX is a loud car. I am saying compared to MY TSX Wagon, and my TLX loaner (I don't have a DB meter to measure),on the roads I drive, it sounded the same

It is subjective, of course.
Attached Thumbnails WOMAN loves 2016 TLX-img_1014.jpg   WOMAN loves 2016 TLX-img_1015.jpg  
Old 08-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by musty hustla
I can only speak for Mazda, Lotus, Lexus, and Acura in my experience.

I have no issues in any of those cars booting up slower or faster than Acura. ONce it is in reverse, Camera is there.

However, Acura camera is the worst, it is grainy.

I understand my 2012 TSX wagon having dated camera. But dont understand 2015 TLX having dated same camera.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Good review and info.

I am surprised by the interior quality comments too. The reviews say those areas are soft touch injected molded plastic. I could see the area right by the door handle as hard.

I would have preferred the wheel controller thing was down by the IDS but overall I like the interior a lot in 2-tone color scheme.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
Nice to hear a contrary comment about the second screen. Most professional reviewers pan it, saying it's redundant and confusing. I don't know if they're just parroting each other or just haven't used it long enough.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
Nice to hear a contrary comment about the second screen. Most professional reviewers pan it, saying it's redundant and confusing. I don't know if they're just parroting each other or just haven't used it long enough.
I LOVE the secondary screen. Then again the numerous buttons on my tsx doesn't bother me, like it bothers uses.

Then again, i am not a magazine reviewer. Someone just who would have to live with the car on a day to day basis with kids and wife

The screen is fantastic to use, and very easy. The Lexus mouse is more difficult to use than the Acura. (then again a 5 year old can figure out both in seconds)

Hope all is well sir
Old 08-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Macau Park
Good review and info.

I am surprised by the interior quality comments too. The reviews say those areas are soft touch injected molded plastic. I could see the area right by the door handle as hard.
Well I haven't read any reviews about the car, as it wasn't on our shopping list and I wasn't interested. The wife seems to like it, which is all that matters, as she is will replace her car.

I added the pics of the hard plastics in the above posts.

Originally Posted by Macau Park
I would have preferred the wheel controller thing was down by the IDS but overall I like the interior a lot in 2-tone color scheme.
I think in two tone its gorgeous interior.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Have to disagree on my feelings about the power and noise of the TSX wagon vs the TLX.

Off the line the TSX was fine, but at every other speed that 5 speed auto just didn't seem to get the most out of the engine. The DCT in the TLX seemed to put that power down better at all speeds.

I also noticed the difference in road noise between the TSX and TLX. That's something that's almost been universally commented on, so I'm surprised you didn't notice a difference.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I LOVE the secondary screen. Then again the numerous buttons on my tsx doesn't bother me, like it bothers uses.

Then again, i am not a magazine reviewer. Someone just who would have to live with the car on a day to day basis with kids and wife

The screen is fantastic to use, and very easy. The Lexus mouse is more difficult to use than the Acura. (then again a 5 year old can figure out both in seconds)

Hope all is well sir
I've read the criticisms about the secondary screen but during the 24 hours I had trying out the TLX V6 Tech, I found the extra screen to be a desirable trait of the car. I really like the look of the 2 screens.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I agree on several of the things you've mentioned, but I have to say that this is my first Honda/Acura product so I can't mention the changes from model to model. I did have a 2008 CTS and I have said many times that the TLX is on par or superior on every level I can think of.

I like having 2 screens since the CTS (and most cars have 1) if you're using 1 the other functions disappear and with 2 nav stays up while I change radio and other functions.

I would like to have hidden cupholders, but you can always use it as storage since you mentioned the pockets on former versions (BTW, there is a phone storage tray in the center console and it's pretty nice).

The thing I agree with most of the other members is how quiet the cabin is. It's night and day better than my CTS and the best I've been in to date.

The "soft touch" materials aren't hard, but they're not exactly soft either. I don't find them to look cheap and overall, I like the layout of the interior.

My car is the V6 so I can't really comment on some of the features, but for the most I agree with what you're saying.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Safety Car

Couple of more things LOVE about the TLX

1) No gas cap. What a fantastic concept.

2) The steering wheel effort increases in Sport +

Have been averaging 20.2MPG, could be my driving
Old 08-02-2015, 02:29 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by a32tl
I've read the criticisms about the secondary screen but during the 24 hours I had trying out the TLX V6 Tech, I found the extra screen to be a desirable trait of the car. I really like the look of the 2 screens.

I not only LIKE the 2 screens, I really like the usage and set up of the bottom screen.

Not sure why reviewers hate it

One thing (I haven't figured out yet), as I took the TLX out tonight. I can black out navi screen but secondary screen was still on

I wish my other cars had a secondary screen
Old 08-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Have to disagree on my feelings about the power and noise of the TSX wagon vs the TLX.

Off the line the TSX was fine, but at every other speed that 5 speed auto just didn't seem to get the most out of the engine. The DCT in the TLX seemed to put that power down better at all speeds.

I also noticed the difference in road noise between the TSX and TLX. That's something that's almost been universally commented on, so I'm surprised you didn't notice a difference.
Well Mr. Hyde, I wasn't selling my opinion as fact. Just as my opinion on driving mY TSX Wagon 23K miles, and the TLX for 250 miles so far. So take it for whatever it is worth

To me the TSX trans doesn't hunt for gear (no real gears to hunt for), whereas in D the TLX hunts a lot, as it shifts up to 4/5 rather quick. However, leaving it in S, is fine with me. I live around a lot of hills, so maybe more noticeable for me.

As far as road noise, maybe being a parent+old age, I don't hear as good as the universal commentators you mentioned?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:34 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I agree on several of the things you've mentioned, but I have to say that this is my first Honda/Acura product so I can't mention the changes from model to model. I did have a 2008 CTS and I have said many times that the TLX is on par or superior on every level I can think of.

I like having 2 screens since the CTS (and most cars have 1) if you're using 1 the other functions disappear and with 2 nav stays up while I change radio and other functions.

I would like to have hidden cupholders, but you can always use it as storage since you mentioned the pockets on former versions (BTW, there is a phone storage tray in the center console and it's pretty nice).

The thing I agree with most of the other members is how quiet the cabin is. It's night and day better than my CTS and the best I've been in to date.

The "soft touch" materials aren't hard, but they're not exactly soft either. I don't find them to look cheap and overall, I like the layout of the interior.

My car is the V6 so I can't really comment on some of the features, but for the most I agree with what you're saying.
I have had almost all of the Acura products since 1987-1993. Never bought an Acura after that, till 2014 again.

If that material is sold as "soft touch" then I maybe I need to look up definition of soft vs hard

I haven't been in a CTS, but lust for a CTS-V wagon with manual

I think if the loaner had the V6, it would be excellent, as the 4 cyl lacks the grunt I need (which is my complaint on my wagon as well)
Old 08-02-2015, 02:35 AM
Safety Car

One other dislike

The brake pedal is too soft, squishy. Funny thing is, the pedal feel is same as my TSX Wagon. I took that back to dealer three times. They did new pedals, new fluids, etc all under warranty and pedal was soft.

I expected the TLX with 7 miles to have the pedal hard (which is how I prefer). However, it is just as soft as the TSX wagon.

My previous Acura products, albeit 10+ years ago, I can't remember the pedals being soft when new.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Racer

If you had a chance to drive a V6 I think you'll really like the pushbutton shifter. I LOVE that and I had no idea how much I would like it. I also really like the brake hold feature, it's much more useful than you'd think before using it.

I'll admit, some of the features I knew about, but many I learned in time were very well thought out. I have no complaints about my TLX, but I agree that it would be nice if there were some additional features. The only thing about that is where do you draw the line?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Safety Car

Another like

Loved the HID high beam

Excellent that you don't have silly halogen high beam with low beam hid like my tsx

Also no yellow ugly drl is a nice benefit
Old 08-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
took my lady out of her 2013 tsx se for a v6 tlx yesterday. she is in heaven.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Safety Car

If you had a chance to drive a V6 I think you'll really like the pushbutton shifter. I LOVE that and I had no idea how much I would like it. I also really like the brake hold feature, it's much more useful than you'd think before using it.

I'll admit, some of the features I knew about, but many I learned in time were very well thought out. I have no complaints about my TLX, but I agree that it would be nice if there were some additional features. The only thing about that is where do you draw the line?
Funny thing is tlx wasn't even on my wife's shopping list . V6 test drive will be a must as she really likes the car .

Our dealer is amazing (family owned kids run it) and in a bi city to find a dealership with such great character and service is rare in this world. Sometimes the dealer makes you want to buy a car

They will can't fix my Tsx wagon. So it seems my one day tlx test seive might be 1-2 weeks at this rate. Maybe this is dealers way of selling to my wife HAH

Funny you mention the brake hold . We were coming back from dinner last night and wife asked about it and we used it to try it out. It is a great feature as well

Enlighten me on the push button shifter . Is it like the Jag ones ?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nexx
took my lady out of her 2013 tsx se for a v6 tlx yesterday. she is in heaven.
My wife keeps saying "if we don't get GsF and new LS is still a while away think about the money we would save by getting a tlx"

She of course had a point . Then I said well if she wants to save money lets just test drive v6 accord lol . That didn't fly

Anyone know when 2016 v6 tlx will be at dealers ? I see my wife doing what your lady did
Old 08-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Racer

Enlighten me on the push button shifter . Is it like the Jag ones ?
I don't know anything about the Jag shifters, but the pushbutton shifter in the V6 is something that has been debated a bit and some love and some hate it.

The main things about it are:

it looks really cool with the LED rings indicating what has been selected.
it is very small (unlike a traditional shift lever) so it adds room in operating the dash controls and passing items from driver to passenger is easier.
My favorite thing is that when you go to shut off the car, you don't have to put it in Park. Just push the engine off button and the car will automatically go into park. This is the feature that spoils me when I get back into cars that need to be placed in Park prior to turning the car off. Hard to explain how much I find this feature useful.
It's actually pretty intuitive how it works. Put your finger in the R lever and pull back to go into reverse. Push down and a bit forward for drive and push the P button down which is at the top of the unit. After a few times, I don't need to even look down to see what I need to do.
Did I mention that I really LOVE this feature?
Old 08-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Safety Car

I don't know anything about the Jag shifters, but the pushbutton shifter in the V6 is something that has been debated a bit and some love and some hate it.

The main things about it are:

it looks really cool with the LED rings indicating what has been selected.
it is very small (unlike a traditional shift lever) so it adds room in operating the dash controls and passing items from driver to passenger is easier.
My favorite thing is that when you go to shut off the car, you don't have to put it in Park. Just push the engine off button and the car will automatically go into park. This is the feature that spoils me when I get back into cars that need to be placed in Park prior to turning the car off. Hard to explain how much I find this feature useful.
It's actually pretty intuitive how it works. Put your finger in the R lever and pull back to go into reverse. Push down and a bit forward for drive and push the P button down which is at the top of the unit. After a few times, I don't need to even look down to see what I need to do.
Did I mention that I really LOVE this feature?

Thank you for that. That is how the Jag is.

I am surprised the shifter just for the V6 option. However, like you, I think I would get the v6 just to get the push button

Actually ONE OF MY FAVE features in my Lexus is that I can press the Park button, and don't have to shift the trans to park. I LOVE that feature in my Lexus

I tried turning OFF on the TLX last night, and car was still in D, and it kept rolling

Can you get the TLX V6 fully loaded non AWD?

The one I dislike is my father in law's E class. It has a small shifter where the wiper stalk is. Annoying.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
In regards to the TLX V6 fully loaded non AWD, the answer is yes. The V6 Advance is available as FWD or SH-AWD. You might want to test drive both the FWD and SH-AWD to see which one you prefer.
2012wagon (08-04-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
My wife keeps saying "if we don't get GsF and new LS is still a while away think about the money we would save by getting a tlx"

She of course had a point . Then I said well if she wants to save money lets just test drive v6 accord lol . That didn't fly

Anyone know when 2016 v6 tlx will be at dealers ? I see my wife doing what your lady did
Having test driven both back-to-back, the V6 Accord doesn't have the sound deadening qualities of the TLX, and is not nearly as confident around corners compared to the P-AWS system the TLX has (not even the SH-AWD, which I love and I'm getting as soon as the '16's are out!).

The 2016s should be out the end of August or early September I think.
2012wagon (08-04-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Well Mr. Hyde, I wasn't selling my opinion as fact. Just as my opinion on driving mY TSX Wagon 23K miles, and the TLX for 250 miles so far. So take it for whatever it is worth .....
As far as road noise, maybe being a parent+old age, I don't hear as good as the universal commentators you mentioned?
The TSX was never known for being quiet on the inside. Like most Hondas and Acuras it transmitted a fair amount of road noise, and that's for the sedan. Wagons tend to transmit more road noise, and mine was no exception.

The TLX has frequent mentions of how much quieter it is inside than most other H/A cars in many reviews, and it was one of the areas that their launch materials said they paid special attention to. In my opinion it made a noticeable difference. But that's just my opinion comparing 8k in the TLX to the 30k in my TSX wagon before I traded her in.
2012wagon (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for that. That is how the Jag is.

I am surprised the shifter just for the V6 option. However, like you, I think I would get the v6 just to get the push button

Actually ONE OF MY FAVE features in my Lexus is that I can press the Park button, and don't have to shift the trans to park. I LOVE that feature in my Lexus

I tried turning OFF on the TLX last night, and car was still in D, and it kept rolling

Can you get the TLX V6 fully loaded non AWD?

The one I dislike is my father in law's E class. It has a small shifter where the wiper stalk is. Annoying.
The v6 puts itself to park when you turn it off from D.
2012wagon (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jiro5
The v6 puts itself to park when you turn it off from D.
Well dealer called today, TSX wagon is still not ready. They are saying it might be a few more days

I have a feeling dealer doesn't want us to take the TLX back and just buy it

Another thing I found that I really liked the extra hooks by the rear door to hang something. Excellent idea to have the extra hooks back there!

Quick Reply: WOMAN loves 2016 TLX