What happened in or around your TLX today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
What happened in or around your TLX today?

I've seen this thread in a couple of other car forums. Always positive. Great way to share experiences, start conversations, etc. Let me know if this is already somewhere else so I can join in the convo.

Today, I replaced my washer fluid with Rain-X de-icer fluid. WOOOOOO!

I also disabled ANC to see if I could get better sound from my ELS system. It was a fail ... I think aftermarket speakers are in my near future. That, and tint!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:15 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
you're only supposed to disable the ANC if you add subwoofers, as the frequency the subs run at fucks with the ANC.

it would be pointless to disable it if you dont have any subwoofers.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:21 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
I wish this thread had been open when I transported 8 tarantulas on the back seat of my TLX. In fact they were my first back seat passengers in the car....I guess that means 64 legs on the backs seat plus 4 in the front equals 68. Got to be a world record!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by a77
I wish this thread had been open when I transported 8 tarantulas on the back seat of my TLX. In fact they were my first back seat passengers in the car....I guess that means 64 legs on the backs seat plus 4 in the front equals 68. Got to be a world record!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 33 Posts
I dealt with another transmission electronics failure lighting up the IP like a Christmas tree and listing 5 error codes that mysteriously disappeared before connecting to dealer tech computer. Received the usual "No problem found" even though I presented photos showing all error codes. Tech Line says, sorry, no codes show on dealership computer, no fix issue!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Davinci547Acura
I dealt with another transmission electronics failure lighting up the IP like a Christmas tree and listing 5 error codes that mysteriously disappeared before connecting to dealer tech computer. Received the usual "No problem found" even though I presented photos showing all error codes. Tech Line says, sorry, no codes show on dealership computer, no fix issue!

Dave, although I haven't experienced any codes on my TLX, I do remember having some on my Accord. One of the important things I learned is never turn off the car. Go to Acura, leave the car running, and go get someone. Tell them you have codes and they'll move it back to get the information.

What perplexes me is that Honda/Acura with all the advances in technology, can't afford a simple ROM chip to be wired into the vehicle somewhere to store the last error codes.
The following users liked this post:
quantum7 (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
The bad news stories about TLX transmissions seems to be getting worse each day.

And to get the dreaded No Problem Found is more than a slap in the face.

You have extreme patience to put up with all these problems. Can you take much more? I am still surprised that my I4 has no issues at this time. Others, as yourself, are not as lucky as I.

Sounds like it's almost time to escalate your issue, if you haven't already.

Best of luck!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MedX172
What perplexes me is that Honda/Acura with all the advances in technology, can't afford a simple ROM chip to be wired into the vehicle somewhere to store the last error codes.
Same here. You would think they could retrieve logs off of the maintenance partition on the HDD. Other systems do it. Time for Acura to upgrade their error reporting mechanisms.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:31 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts

I really feel for you and know what you're going through.

I dealt with a situation like this years back with MB and it took well over a year before they finally conceded and bought the ML back..

I hope Acura gets this resolved for you.. Good Luck..
Old 12-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
Intermittent unrepeatable electronics issue. My TLX had a brain fart a couple of times now. Upon starting, the seat tried to crush me against the steering wheel as it moved to # 1 position (my wife's), all the XM stations said XM Preview, and the nav screen went from 3D to flat. After turning off the car and restarting, all was well. I like the idea of driving to the dealer and leaving the engine running so they can see what's going on. (No warning lights in my case, though.)
Old 12-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by tlxsteve
Time for Acura to upgrade their error reporting mechanisms.
DISCLAIMER: This is just a joke...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a little sticky "Post it" pad on the dash for the MMC so we can record the error codes

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL MY ACURAZINE FRIENDS
tlxsteve (12-24-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Today makes one week since I've had CoCo, and I finally got to see her in the sunlight. (I took delivery at night and it has rained every day since!). Black Copper Pearl is such a gorgeous color. Need to get it coated with something ASAP!
The following 2 users liked this post by crownr0yal:
Stew4HD (12-27-2014), tlxsteve (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MedX172
Dave, although I haven't experienced any codes on my TLX, I do remember having some on my Accord. One of the important things I learned is never turn off the car. Go to Acura, leave the car running, and go get someone. Tell them you have codes and they'll move it back to get the information.

I know that scenario also, but easier said than done on a Sunday afternoon my friend.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
I know that scenario also, but easier said than done on a Sunday afternoon my friend.

Agreed. I've not tried this product, but there's a thread here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...2-port-921648/

A device that plugs into the OBD2 port and has some features, most of which I wouldn't use, however, if I was experiencing random Codes and wanted to get to the bottom of it, I might consider "Automatic", the product that's discussed.

The website talks about being able to "decode like the pros". Might be worth investigating, although I when I checked compatibility for 2015 models, the TLX isn't listed yet.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by crownr0yal
Today makes one week since I've had CoCo, and I finally got to see her in the sunlight. (I took delivery at night and it has rained every day since!). Black Copper Pearl is such a gorgeous color. Need to get it coated with something ASAP!
I get so many compliments on my BCP. Its is beautiful.

Got mine sealed before I took delivery.
crownr0yal (12-29-2014)
Old 12-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
So I was coming out of a restaurant late last night, and was walking to my car in the parking lot. At about 50 feet away, I watched in horror as a car backed out of their space very quickly, and was headed for a direct hit to my back end. I instinctively yelled out "Stop!" but the driver didn't stop or react; so I began to run to my car.
Luckily, the driver decided to stop and pull forward again- but my relief was quickly displaced by yet another full speed reverse manuever. By this time, I was up by my car, and I slammed on this guy's trunk with my hand- and the noise apparently got him to stop and throw his car into park.
He got out of his car all pissed off at me for "touching" his car, but when he saw how close he was to actually smashing into my car (he was stopped literally inches from my entire rear end), he said "Oh, I guess I was too close", and got back into his car and quickly drove off.
I think the guy had been drinking, or out of it... but I am sure that had I left the restaurant even one minute later, my entire rear would have been smashed in, and this guy would have just taken off.
The Acura Gods must be watching over me
The following 2 users liked this post by NJToyMan:
a35tl (12-28-2014), tlxsteve (12-27-2014)
Old 12-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Got my car tinted a few days ago, and today I applied Yellow Lamin-X to the fogs.
Need to go eval how the blue tinged LEDs make everything look at night, but during the day it seemed ok.

There are no TLX fog light templates at Lamin-X, but the post MMC 4G TL foglight template fit without any modification.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by NJToyMan
So I was coming out of a restaurant late last night, and was walking to my car in the parking lot. At about 50 feet away, I watched in horror as a car backed out of their space very quickly, and was headed for a direct hit to my back end. I instinctively yelled out "Stop!" but the driver didn't stop or react; so I began to run to my car.
Luckily, the driver decided to stop and pull forward again- but my relief was quickly displaced by yet another full speed reverse manuever. By this time, I was up by my car, and I slammed on this guy's trunk with my hand- and the noise apparently got him to stop and throw his car into park.
He got out of his car all pissed off at me for "touching" his car, but when he saw how close he was to actually smashing into my car (he was stopped literally inches from my entire rear end), he said "Oh, I guess I was too close", and got back into his car and quickly drove off.
I think the guy had been drinking, or out of it... but I am sure that had I left the restaurant even one minute later, my entire rear would have been smashed in, and this guy would have just taken off.

Make sure you are extra thankful. I had a similar incident when I owned my '05 TL with more dreadful results. I had just sat down inside a restaurant and was looking out the window at my car safely and legally parked in the parking lot. All of a sudden a guy in a box truck backed right into my beautiful car that I'd only had 6 months as I watched and couldn't do one thing about it. I was horrified. $1300 in damages and it took a month to settle with the company before I got my car repaired. Maybe your "Acura angel" was really looking out for you.....lol. Glad nothing happened.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Instructor

Coming home from the holidays with my parents and ... that darn FCW error pops up again. I already went to the dealer friday morning (got a V6 for a loaner!), and they said they couldn't reproduce the error and sent me on my merry way. Not looking forward to this dance with Acura again. Hopefully, it's something small and stupid!
Old 12-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Got my car tinted a few days ago, and today I applied Yellow Lamin-X to the fogs.
Need to go eval how the blue tinged LEDs make everything look at night, but during the day it seemed ok.

There are no TLX fog light templates at Lamin-X, but the post MMC 4G TL foglight template fit without any modification.
Cool! After getting my windows tinted, I want to get the LED fogs. What do they look like at night? Any pics?

Ugh! Glad everything worked out. The parking lot struggle is real. I was at dinner tonight and I parallel parked my car next to the window where I was seated, but I couldn't eat because I was just watching my car. Ended up moving to an abandoned portion of the lot. I have so many "...but my car was parked!" horror stories. Smh.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Yes, thank you- I know that I was lucky with my "near hit"!
And today is a GREAT day! I just got back from my dealer with my first oil change (at 5,100 miles) and the software update for rear cross traffic monitor.
Four months to the day I first reported it with ACR, it is now working as it should- with the arrows AND beep!!
It was a quick software update (less than an hour including oil change and wash/vacuum).
It will be a Happy New Year with my TLX (unless my transmission fails the recall inspection in January )
Old 12-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Still feeling great after 3 weeks and 1200+ miles. Did a bunch of DIY mod's/add-on's in the 1st week:
  • 3M Scotchgard Pro: Hood, Fenders, Front Bumpers and Side Mirrors - Not pro-quality installation of course...but I'd accept the saving of several hundred dollars for less than a perfect job
  • Door Edge Film
  • Illuminated Door Sill Trim
  • Chrome Door Trim
  • Rear Bumper Applique
  • Front & Rear Splash Guards
  • Cargo Hooks - These turned out to be more a lot more useful than I thought.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I just got back from my dealer with my first oil change (at 5,100 miles) and the software update for rear cross traffic monitor.
Oil change already? I am at 5,600 miles with 40%. I am just wondering since I am still waiting on my first oil change and software update.

Does your rear cross traffic monitor beep now, when expected?

Old 12-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tlxsteve
Oil change already? I am at 5,600 miles with 40%. I am just wondering since I am still waiting on my first oil change and software update.

Does your rear cross traffic monitor beep now, when expected?

Yes, the rear cross traffic monitor now beeps when expected, and is an awesome feature (MUCH more useful to "hear" the beeps than to just "see" the arrows!!!!

As far as the oil change is concerned- I do mostly city driving- so I was at 0% when I pulled into the dealership with 5,100 miles on the car.

And the mostly city driving at this time of year in New Jersey KILLS decent gas mileage... between the fact that all gas stations here blend 10% ethanol in the gas until the end of April; and I use the Remote Start to warm up the car every morning for 10 minutes before I get in- I have been averaging less than 20 mpg. So, that pretty much sucks!

Can't wait for the warm weather, better gas, and long highway trips to the shore!
tlxsteve (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 09:28 PM
RLTW!!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
AAARRGGHHH.....on the way to the office this morning, took a stone strike to the windshield, and the damn Lane Keeping Assist has developed some anomaly and does not function consistently and when activated causes the car to bob and weave in the lane. Also experienced the DCT lurching syndrome upon approaching a intersection and coming to a stop, the transmission seemed to lose its mind, and lurched forward a good foot and half. Unbelievable..... Heading to dealership on Monday.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Caught in Ice storm in west texas

Got caught in the ice storm, max speed of 35mph for 4 hours before I could find a hotel to spend New Years eve. Tlx did well considering I was driving on a sheet of ice, the anti lock brakes kicked in a few times in slides, as bad as everyone says the Goodyear tires are, they actually did well, didn't have any major slides or spin outs. Fun begins again tomorrow to attemp to get from midland to dallas. I just don't want to crash my new car!!!!!
tlxsteve (01-01-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Instructor

I've been a bad boy. I have been having WAAAAAAY too much fun with this V6 loaner I'm in! Hate the 2-3 shift, but the surge of power when you put your foot down at 40 and end up at 65 or more? WHHEEEEEEEEEE!

Originally Posted by Timmygp
Got caught in the ice storm, max speed of 35mph for 4 hours before I could find a hotel to spend New Years eve. Tlx did well considering I was driving on a sheet of ice, the anti lock brakes kicked in a few times in slides, as bad as everyone says the Goodyear tires are, they actually did well, didn't have any major slides or spin outs. Fun begins again tomorrow to attemp to get from midland to dallas. I just don't want to crash my new car!!!!!
Glad you made it safely! And PLEASE continue to be careful. Don't hurt the new baby!

Originally Posted by Warrior 6
AAARRGGHHH.....on the way to the office this morning, took a stone strike to the windshield, and the damn Lane Keeping Assist has developed some anomaly and does not function consistently and when activated causes the car to bob and weave in the lane. Also experienced the DCT lurching syndrome upon approaching a intersection and coming to a stop, the transmission seemed to lose its mind, and lurched forward a good foot and half. Unbelievable..... Heading to dealership on Monday.
SMH @ at new probable cause for a DWI stop. "I swear officer ... I'm not drunk....it was the lane keeping assist!"
Warrior 6 (01-02-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Instructor

I did NOT drive my loaner today. I feel like I have done it a disservice.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Instructor

So....nobody else is gonna participate? C'mooooon folks.

Picked up CoCo after a week away. My saleswoman left me a gift in the cupholder for my troubles haha. Name:  98699B72-355F-4605-90A7-B1FC3A7ED057_zpsequugaao.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  125.4 KB

And, they detailed it again. I had originally asked them not to touch it, as they had scratched it the last time I got it back, but now the scratches are gone.
Name:  F5EC14BB-2D3B-434A-81AD-C5A99F1402BF_zpszxdqlhdu.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  121.9 KB

After driving the V6 for a week, I'd rather have my 4. The power is nice, but I can't live with that transmission.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 47 Posts
^^ Looking very good! I love that cup!! I will hopefully have a post here within the next few days. Great idea for a thread!!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:40 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Well - I did nothing with mine today. Decided to work from home because of the cold and snow. The wife (teacher) was home too as school was closed - so here's all the action my TLX saw today:

Stew4HD (01-07-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I got mine back from the dealership today.. tint had bubbles in it.. still has a few, dammit!

I do love being back in mine! The TLX V6 loaner was okay but not the same.

I sure don't know what the shifting problem is in the V6 people are talking about though, drove the loaner 2 days and nothing out of the ordinary. *shrug*
Old 01-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Instructor

THIS!

Name:  45646378-9F91-4318-B5CB-68410EC5E5D3_zpsdptpobdj.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  51.4 KB

I guess she's really mine now, eh?
Stew4HD (01-08-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I got mine back from the dealership today.. tint had bubbles in it.. still has a few, dammit!

I do love being back in mine! The TLX V6 loaner was okay but not the same.

I sure don't know what the shifting problem is in the V6 people are talking about though, drove the loaner 2 days and nothing out of the ordinary. *shrug*
Bubbles in tint drive me craaaazy!

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Well - I did nothing with mine today. Decided to work from home because of the cold and snow. The wife (teacher) was home too as school was closed - so here's all the action my TLX saw today
What a cozy place for a TLX! We only have room for one car in the carport ... so I'm thinking about getting something built for the space I keep mine because this past fall, acorns RUINED my TSX. It looked like it had hail damage.
Stew4HD (01-08-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by oracion
Still feeling great after 3 weeks and 1200+ miles. Did a bunch of DIY mod's/add-on's in the 1st week:
  • 3M Scotchgard Pro: Hood, Fenders, Front Bumpers and Side Mirrors - Not pro-quality installation of course...but I'd accept the saving of several hundred dollars for less than a perfect job
  • Door Edge Film
  • Illuminated Door Sill Trim
  • Chrome Door Trim
  • Rear Bumper Applique
  • Front & Rear Splash Guards
  • Cargo Hooks - These turned out to be more a lot more useful than I thought.
How much did the Illuminated Door Sill trim set you back. Any picks?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

So....nobody else is gonna participate? C'mooooon folks.

Picked up CoCo after a week away. My saleswoman left me a gift in the cupholder for my troubles haha.

And, they detailed it again. I had originally asked them not to touch it, as they had scratched it the last time I got it back, but now the scratches are gone.

After driving the V6 for a week, I'd rather have my 4. The power is nice, but I can't live with that transmission.
Looks great! I set out to buy the 2.4 Tech but ended up with the 3.5 SH-AWD Tech. Transmission is good and the handling is excellent. However, decided to get snow tires and rims for a great price. Next week….looking forward to the stopping improvement with the better traction of the SH-AWD. AN extra expense for us Canucks!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
...Picked up CoCo after a week away. My saleswoman left me a gift in the cupholder for my troubles haha.
1. I LOVE the name of your TLX....CoCo....so funny!

2. I guess a coffee mug is a nice gift...Better than an undergarment I guess (or is it?)
Old 01-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Instructor

I really enjoy watching the RPMs drop while the DCT is shifting. Also, opened my roof for the first time tonight. There's a LOT of air that gets in!

Since I manage a property in town, I was showing a new tenant his new home. I had parked in the garage and when we walked in, he tapped my hood twice, like, with his knuckles, and was like .. "Is this you?"

It took every fiber of my being not to choke him. Sir. SIR!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Got and "installed" my Weathertech winter mats for my 3.5 SH-AWD Tech. I love the softer rubber Acura ones I have, but these have better coverage. I will use the Acura mats as Spring and Fall mats.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Instructor

There is a marked difference between the sound when all 4 windows are closed v. when one is cracked. Even just a little bit. I've been playing with it, and when the window is cracked, the ELS gives me the bass I'm wanting from it. Looks like during the spring and summer, I'll be jamming.

Cancelled my appointment for window tint. I'd rather just wait until it's scorching hot so it cures perfectly.
mapleloaf (01-17-2015)

Quick Reply: What happened in or around your TLX today?