TLX in the wild... and new pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich

BTW, speaking of doors, look at that speaker (?) on the left inner door panel - it is missing on the right side! What is going on there?
I think the lighting has a lot to do with it. the left grille has less direct lighting while the right side does and then there's the viewer's POV.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by randomRon82
This color is growing on me... it's kinda classy/unique. Thoughts?

Car looks low from this shot. I like it. Looks really aggressive. Now all we need is that rear bumper fixed.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
I kind of agree with you Rocket_man...The more time evolves, the more I realize that overall this TLX will appeal to more people, especially compared to the 4G that was a love or hate it design. I have come to accept that this will likely be my next car (with some accessories) UNLESS the car is loaded with serious problems (such as transmission glitches, or electronic problems with the interface) and to an extent, minor irritants such as noisy reactive dampers.

I will say this though, looking at the straight on look, can't see how they'll come out with a body kit to add to the vehicle....it will be interesting to see what kind of accessories they'll come out with. Unless they do a kit "a la" TSX back in 2009, which would be amazing!
Weather, I suspect you will warm up to the TLX as "more time evolves" and that yours will look great!

As far as the bodykit is concerned, amidst all of the many rumors floating around, my dealer says that he is hearing a $4K bodykit option may be available that may include the prototype front and rear bumpers. I know that is pricey, but.......
Old 05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Treblig
Weather, I suspect you will warm up to the TLX as "more time evolves" and that yours will look great!

As far as the bodykit is concerned, amidst all of the many rumors floating around, my dealer says that he is hearing a $4K bodykit option may be available that may include the prototype front and rear bumpers. I know that is pricey, but.......
LOL, maybe Acura is trying to compete with BMW...
Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 9-2014

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts
I really wish I could find a pic of the espresso brown interior.
I agree, I would love to see that, and have looked around and not one spy-shot or otherwise has shown this interior.

I think the car has it faults sure but overall I think it will be a very strong seller for them....and I for one will put it near the top of the list of cars I look to get this year.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts

I suspect you are correct I wouldn't have a problem paying 4k on a bodykit provided that it looks great ... time will tell.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Is it just me or are there massive/excessive amounts of plastic on the doors now?

At least it seems like they fixed the back of the front seats compared to the car that debuted last month.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by pnoi521
At least it seems like they fixed the back of the front seats compared to the car that debuted last month.
Hmm... one of those is the 4-cylinder and the other is the 6-cylinder. One of the trim options is Milano leather, as well. I'm wondering if that's what we're seeing as differences.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I have come to accept that this will likely be my next car (with some accessories) UNLESS the car is loaded with serious problems (such as transmission glitches, or electronic problems with the interface) and to an extent, minor irritants such as noisy reactive dampers.

... I knew it.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ DAMN YOU!! *lol*

Don't count your chicken until they hatch though.....I am still looking at a few scenarios

Last edited by weather; 05-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
^^ DAMN YOU!! *lol*

Don't count your chicken until they hatch though.....I am still looking at a few scenarios

Weather, I'm looking forward to the day that your avatar is a hot looking white '15 TLX SH-AWD Advance.
The following users liked this post:
weather (05-20-2014)
Old 05-19-2014, 11:42 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Holy smokes, a $4k bodykit? At least it now seems that Acura may be listening,

If said bodykit makes the TLX look like the prototype, then the kit is going to have to be negotiated along with the deal to the point of it being mandatory in my books.

Come on Acura, give us the prototype concept or body kit or whatever you call it + 6MT/at least a DCT transmission with a sport SH-AWD suspension with a decent exhaust, then you'll have a winner.
fsttyms1 (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Thanks for posting these new pics.

The lighting is kind of harsh but I like this car in several colors that I've seen including this one. I know a lot of people on AZ lament the lack of that red color from the prototype, but let's face it, how many cars in that color do you think they would have sold? Not many. As I said in a previous post, this is a very handsome grown up car with a nice big rear seat for adults. Maybe a coupe would make a nice Type-S car which I could see in bright red. But I don't see the average Acura buyers choosing that color and I think they are focused on trying to sell some sedans in good numbers. The Type-S version may come out in a year or two when they have some breathing room to work on it.
Does it matter? Fact is, they would have sold some. That Red DIDN'T have to be made in as many as say white, but at least have it as an option for those WANT'ING to buy it. Just like a S version (or what ever they want to call it), It doesnt have to be a volume seller, Just make it an option for those that WANT to buy it.

Last edited by fsttyms1; 05-20-2014 at 08:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fsttyms1:
docboy (05-20-2014), randomRon82 (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Does it matter? Fact is, they would have sold some. That Red DIDN'T have to be made in as many as say white, but at least have it as an option for those WANT'ING to buy it. Just like a S version (or what ever they want to call it), It doesnt have to be a volume seller, Just make it an option for those that WANT to buy it.
Don't bother arguing with Rocket_man, he's imbibed too much Acura Kool-aid
Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1

I really do hate having to rant... but I agree with you. That is a major element that holds Acura back from being taking seriously as a luxury brand. Luxury buyers want options, and Acura really has none... No coupes, no convertibles, no V8's, no RWD, no panoramic roof option, no options for selecting/customizing interior trim (two tone interior, silver trim versus wood trim... different color wood trim, carbon fiber, stitched/vinyl dashboard to look more premium/luxury) Limited interior colors, limited exterior colors... no real flagship sedan that's able to compete with the other Luxury brand's flagship models. How can there be "luxury" in no options?

This is coming from an Acura enthusiast, who had high hopes for the brand.... and still has a tiny tiny ounce of faith that things will turn around with Accavitti and Berkman. Why am I angry? Because Acura has so much potential and I KNOW they can be an industry leader.... but they have been extremely lazy and safe. Leaders take risks. They will never be a tier 1 luxury brand if their only concern is sales numbers and being cheap... Additionally, they spend massive amounts on marketing to advertise mediocre products... that makes a lot of sense.
The following 2 users liked this post by randomRon82:
fsttyms1 (05-21-2014), nttstt444 (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:38 AM

I really do hate having to rant... but I agree with you. That is a major element that holds Acura back from being taking seriously as a luxury brand. Luxury buyers want options, and Acura really has none... No coupes, no convertibles, no V8's, no RWD, no panoramic roof option, no options for selecting/customizing interior trim (two tone interior, silver trim versus wood trim... different color wood trim, carbon fiber, stitched/vinyl dashboard to look more premium/luxury) Limited interior colors, limited exterior colors... no real flagship sedan that's able to compete with the other Luxury brand's flagship models. How can there be "luxury" in no options?

This is coming from an Acura enthusiast, who had high hopes for the brand.... and still has a tiny tiny ounce of faith that things will turn around with Accavitti and Berkman. Why am I angry? Because Acura has so much potential and I KNOW they can be an industry leader.... but they have been extremely lazy and safe. Leaders take risks. They will never be a tier 1 luxury brand if their only concern is sales numbers and being cheap... Additionally, they spend massive amounts on marketing to advertise mediocre products... that makes a lot of sense.
+1

I would argue however that Acura has taken some risks, just not necessarily ones AZ members may deem successful.

The ZDX was atrocious and is now discontinued. The "power plenum" was a monstrosity. The polarizing 4G TL is still polarizing (though IMHO the 4G TL 6MT is their best performance sedan and though has a polarizing exterior it is still aggressive looking to date and still looks fresh and not dated).

I like the TSX Sportswagon, but the lack of AWD (and 6MT, or at least a DCT) is a deal breaker for me.

Acura in essence needs more visual excitement, more balls, and more vehicles like a coupe, convertible, and a small sporty SUV. The new NSX is a great start...
Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by docboy
+1

I would argue however that Acura has taken some risks, just not necessarily ones AZ members may deem successful.

The ZDX was atrocious and is now discontinued. The "power plenum" was a monstrosity. The polarizing 4G TL is still polarizing (though IMHO the 4G TL 6MT is their best performance sedan and though has a polarizing exterior it is still aggressive looking to date and still looks fresh and not dated).

I like the TSX Sportswagon, but the lack of AWD (and 6MT, or at least a DCT) is a deal breaker for me.

Acura in essence needs more visual excitement, more balls, and more vehicles like a coupe, convertible, and a small sporty SUV. The new NSX is a great start...

When I say "risks" I mean in terms of financials, operations etc... I don't mean adding a grille that covers the hood of a vehicle or hiding exhaust tips. That's just stupidity to me.

Yes, they took a slight risk with the ZDX... however in typical Acura fashion, instead of making it better in order to improve interest in the vehicle, what do they do? They get rid of it... just like all of the other models that they got rid of (RSX, CL so on and so forth). In my opinion instead of making a model better... getting rid of it is the lazy and uninspiring way out in order to just not have to deal with it anymore.

You rarely see the other brands, MB, Audi, BMW getting rid of models all the time.. instead, they IMPROVE them if they are not selling well and they continue to introduce new models to the market. That's what makes them more appealing. Every one of their models may not sell as well as they'd like, however they would rather have the options available to their customers.
SeismicGuy (05-24-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
It seems you're making two separate points, one that Acura doesn't offer the same range of models (coupe, convertible, etc.), and another that Acura doesn't offer the same range of options in the models it does offer. Both are differences between Acura and the so-called "Tier 1" luxury brands, but I think this is one way Acura offers value by maximizing production efficiency.

Frankly, I appreciate Acura's approach with options: loaded, and loaded with a high-tech package. I prefer this to the German approach, which is to offer a stripper at the base price, with really basic features like streaming Bluetooth and Homelink bound into exorbitantly priced option packages.

I agree Acura could use a more inspiring model range though. It should have a Boxster-fighting S2000 successor, for example, and a convertible would be nice too. Not sure what it would be based on, but I've long thought a Civic Si derived convertible could be cool, so maybe ILX.
Rocket_man (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
but I think this is one way Acura offers value by maximizing production efficiency.
You make an excellent point... but then when you look at the mainstream brands (kia, hyundai etc.) you wonder how they're able to offer a lot of those options that luxury brands offer, if Acura can't. Then you start to wonder if there's really any value anymore.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
You make an excellent point... but then when you look at the mainstream brands (kia, hyundai etc.) you wonder how they're able to offer a lot of those options that luxury brands offer
Maybe the Won/Dollar vs Yen/Dollar is in the Koreans favor? Maybe their labor rates are lower? Maybe (for example) they leave out 'expensive' stuff like an independent rear suspension in the Elantra (vs. Civic IRS).
Old 05-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Colin
Maybe the Won/Dollar vs Yen/Dollar is in the Koreans favor? Maybe their labor rates are lower? Maybe (for example) they leave out 'expensive' stuff like an independent rear suspension in the Elantra (vs. Civic IRS).
I get what you're saying... there are numerous factors that come into play, however to me they are just additional excuses. Lexus and Infiniti (both also Japanese as you know) have a substantial amount of options for their customers, versus Acura... They are more on par with the Germans. They're not using those excuses, so I don't buy them.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
I get what you're saying... there are numerous factors that come into play, however to me they are just additional excuses. Lexus and Infiniti (both also Japanese as you know) have a substantial amount of options for their customers, versus Acura... They are more on par with the Germans. They're not using those excuses, so I don't buy them.
I tend to agree with this from the perspective that they don't offer much for those of us who simply want to do/add more with our car. I'd love more rim options, body style adjustments (e.g. BMW Sport Line, Modern Line, etc.), interiors add-ons, etc. etc. I like how the European car manf. provide more OEM options for the customer to customize the car to their liking.

On that same note, Acura also needs to do a better job of lining up the features across their top models. It boggles me that the MDX has a number of features that their flagship vehicle doesn't have (e.g. IDS, Advanced AC controls for rear-seating, better ambient lighting, automatic trunk door, faster Nav system, etc). Stuff like that doesn't sit well with customers like myself considering how much one pays for the top-line RLX...:|

I appreciate value, but when you are at this level of spend in a luxury car, some customers don't mind spending more to get what they want. And I feel Acura has room to improve in this area.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by holografique
I appreciate value, but when you are at this level of spend in a luxury car, some customers don't mind spending more to get what they want. And I feel Acura has room to improve in this area.
Spot on... continue to offer "value" products for that particular market.... but also have the option for more premium, for those who want that. It not only provides us with more options, it increases Acura's brand image and makes them more competitive.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I kind of agree with you Rocket_man...The more time evolves, the more I realize that overall this TLX will appeal to more people, especially compared to the 4G that was a love or hate it design. I have come to accept that this will likely be my next car (with some accessories) UNLESS the car is loaded with serious problems (such as transmission glitches, or electronic problems with the interface) and to an extent, minor irritants such as noisy reactive dampers....
Huh? Finally getting some Sun up there?

"Seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is a type of depression that occurs during the same season each year. You may have SAD if you felt depressed during the last two winters but felt much better in spring and summer."

Originally Posted by pnoi521
Good catch.. the blue car was the I4, the grey looked like the Advanced. Maybe that was the difference, but the I4 sure looked odd and unrefined.

Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
Don't bother arguing with Rocket_man, he's imbibed too much Acura Kool-aid
Really? I think I have avoided falling into the 'bash TLX' group-think here. But just because I think for myself doesn't mean I've drank any Kool-aid. I do like the Acura brand but I've only owned one and I'm happy to buy another brand (and I have) if there is a car out there that meets my needs at a price I'm willing to pay. That still remains to be seen for the TLX. I will say the next car on my list right now is the Kia Optima (but I don't like the color options), and I'm finding myself unexpectedly liking the new Mini Cooper my wife is about to buy (what a fun car but not very practical for me). I will say as far as the TLX goes, I'm Acura's customer to loose. But as I've always said, I want to drive it and know what I'm asked to pay for what features I want before I decide. A Kool-aid drinker wouldn't care.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:22 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Watching. Waiting.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Spot on... continue to offer "value" products for that particular market.... but also have the option for more premium, for those who want that. It not only provides us with more options, it increases Acura's brand image and makes them more competitive.
There are a lot of comments on this topic. I think in Acura's mind they are probably doing this... They used to have just two trim levels, now they offer three plus different powertrains and SH-AWD options which add up to a lot of permutations to build and sell. So while from Acura's perspective they offer more options, compared to BMW for example they don't come close. Perhaps the ultimate optional-able car is the Mini which has so many combinations that you pretty much never see two of the same car. But that means my Wife's car is around $30K for a small 3-cyl 2-seater with some bells and whistles and a poor reputation for reliability. Is that value? Not really but Mini buyers don't seem to prioritize value. They've also diluted their brand with goofy versions of the car that don't really fit their image. I do think that Acura is likely, and should, make a coupe version of this car. But only because there is an Accord coupe already and they can get some production efficiency.

Acura's competitive edge is value and reliability. Lose either one and they are doomed. The damper fiasco really pisses me off and I don't even own one. I just don't want to get stuck with a defective transmission and have Acura tell me 'it is normal.' If they cost as much as a BMW then I'd rather have a BMW than an Acura. For Acura to offer the kind of customization of a BMW they would have to seriously retool the Accord plant that that would impact the value.

I understand people wanting more choices but they come at a cost and the average Acura buyer buys because of the value. I can't see Acura changing this basic strategy any time soon. Maybe it limits their appeal, but Acura and Honda are tied at the hip and that has its realities.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rocket_man

Acura's competitive edge is value and reliability. Lose either one and they are doomed.
Yup, I've said this before as well.

At $60k would one buy a RLX or an A6 or 535xi? At $60k the RLX has little value because you can buy an A6/5 series for that price; hence dealerships have to discount the RLX $7k+ for it to sell. The A6/5 series need little discounting for it to move off the lot.

I bought my 4G TL 6MT b/c at $44k it's cheaper, roomier, and more reliable (or supposedly so, though mine doesn't feel like it) than a comparably equipped 335xi/S4 at $50-55k. Hence the 4G TL 6MT has value and reliability going for it.

The TLX has a lot riding on it. If the TLX is overpriced, or if the new transmissions start to crap out, Acura's sedan lineup is in big trouble.

The potential for the TLX is there for Acura's taking.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by docboy
Yup, I've said this before as well.

At $60k would one buy a RLX or an A6 or 535xi? At $60k the RLX has little value because you can buy an A6/5 series for that price; hence dealerships have to discount the RLX $7k+ for it to sell. The A6/5 series need little discounting for it to move off the lot.
The only thing now is the RLX is so heavily discounted it start to make it an attractive thought. An A6 comparably equipped would be at least $62-$65K with only difference is the A6 would have AWD. At best you will get the A6 for Invoice winch is 6% off MSRP, so you are still looking at a $58K+ car, vs the insane discounts I keep reading about on the RLX Advance of $8K+. If you get an RLX Advance for $52K-$54K it starts to make a very fiscally influence on the decision if you are thinking practicality. Although even with an RLX at $52K-$54K the loaded 15 Genesis V6 with AWD tops out at $53K and has a few extra goodies and AWD.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts

The Japanese don't offer options on the entry level luxury cars too much. They offer option packages targeted to demographics around the world. I have a 2014 IS Fsport. The Fsport is a package that offers an extremely limited number of choices in addition to -- ML stereo, adaptive cruise control, memory steering wheel. That's it. You can buy a regular IS but not with Fsport options.

Infiniti is the same way with the Q50. Acura is aligned with the others.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
The only thing now is the RLX is so heavily discounted it start to make it an attractive thought. An A6 comparably equipped would be at least $62-$65K with only difference is the A6 would have AWD. At best you will get the A6 for Invoice winch is 6% off MSRP, so you are still looking at a $58K+ car, vs the insane discounts I keep reading about on the RLX Advance of $8K+. If you get an RLX Advance for $52K-$54K it starts to make a very fiscally influence on the decision if you are thinking practicality. Although even with an RLX at $52K-$54K the loaded 15 Genesis V6 with AWD tops out at $53K and has a few extra goodies and AWD.
Right now an RLX Advance in the Miami area is going for 12k off the sticker. To get a car with its features for under 50k is amazing. I will be taking a closer look at one in comparison to TLX when the TLX is finally released.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Glashub
Acura is aligned with the others.
They're really not. Lexus and Infiniti offer models with V8's. They have a larger model option.... they both offer convertibles, Infiniti has a coupe, Lexus has a coupe offering on the way. Lexus has F sport, Infiniti has IPL... Acura no longer has a dedicated "sport" line (Type S). Lexus and Infiniti have actual flagship full size luxury sedans with long wheelbase options available or coming soon. They both have a large SUV option. They both have more flexibility with customizing interior trims. In my opinion, Infiniti is doing a great job of becoming a full-fledged Luxury brand, and will be in the tier 1 arena in no time.

We can all debate this until we're blue in the face... the bottom line is that Acura can do much better. You can continue to defend the brand and be okay with it competing at the Buick level. If we all continue to say "Acura's okay, they're fine" and ignore the clear facts, then they will never get better. I see even Lincoln emerging, growing and overtaking Acura if things don't change... and that's scary/sad.

I really hope that they take all of the criticism that's out there seriously, so that they can strive to be the best, and not mediocre which some folks are okay with, but most aren't.

Anyway, I'm no longer ranting or debating about this... like I said in a previous post I have faith that Accavitti and Berkman will really shake things up with the brand so that it can see its full potential... Yes, it's extremely late in the game, but better late than never. I hope that the TLX production delay is a good sign. Let's go Acura!! I really am hopeful about the brand's future.
The following 7 users liked this post by randomRon82:
2011TL (05-21-2014), ashaman (05-25-2014), cokorote (05-21-2014), FoxTL (05-23-2014), fsttyms1 (05-23-2014), holografique (05-21-2014), KeithL (05-21-2014) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Hey RandomRon82 - you aren't allowed to suggest options or improvements to Acruas on this forum. The only acceptable requests for change are a request for 500 horse power as the standard and/or a type S model (which might as well come with one Swedish made penis enlarger). Other than that please say it has grown on you and it is perfect now.

Last edited by boe_d; 05-21-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
Right now an RLX Advance in the Miami area is going for 12k off the sticker. To get a car with its features for under 50k is amazing. I will be taking a closer look at one in comparison to TLX when the TLX is finally released.
$12K off sticker??? That's ridiculous.

I doubt that the dealerships here in Seattle will offer that much off due to pent up demand here, but $12k off is not good news for the RLX and is indicative of what the market will bear.

If I can get an A6 for $12k off, sign me up!

If the RLX is such substantial discounts already, I'm curious to see what the TLX will sell for.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
They're really not. Lexus and Infiniti offer models with V8's. They have a larger model option.... they both offer convertibles, Infiniti has a coupe, Lexus has a coupe offering on the way. Lexus has F sport, Infiniti has IPL... Acura no longer has a dedicated "sport" line (Type S). Lexus and Infiniti have actual flagship full size luxury sedans with long wheelbase options available or coming soon. They both have a large SUV option. They both have more flexibility with customizing interior trims. In my opinion, Infiniti is doing a great job of becoming a full-fledged Luxury brand, and will be in the tier 1 arena in no time.

We can all debate this until we're blue in the face... the bottom line is that Acura can do much better. You can continue to defend the brand and be okay with it competing at the Buick level. If we all continue to say "Acura's okay, they're fine" and ignore the clear facts, then they will never get better. I see even Lincoln emerging, growing and overtaking Acura if things don't change... and that's scary/sad.

I really hope that they take all of the criticism that's out there seriously, so that they can strive to be the best, and not mediocre which some folks are okay with, but most aren't.

Anyway, I'm no longer ranting or debating about this... like I said in a previous post I have faith that Accavitti and Berkman will really shake things up with the brand so that it can see its full potential... Yes, it's extremely late in the game, but better late than never. I hope that the TLX production delay is a good sign. Let's go Acura!! I really am hopeful about the brand's future.
Ah, see what you mean. I thought you meant at a 50K or under price point. My assumption being that people on a TL forum would be in that bracket. Yes, if one is willing to go 65K once has great choices or if one is willing to take a G series coupe from Infiniti one can have a coupe.

Not seeing a Q coupe although I think they call it a Q it's a G. The V8 is only available on the ISF which is a 2G. Not the 3G or current series.

Again, I own a 2014 Lexus IS and looked hard at a GS -- I had very few choices for options and those who wanted options not available on a lot had to special order which took 4 months to complete and reduced negotiating ability -- at least with Lexus.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Oswald Vater
I'll look at it as a glass half full - hopefully we'll see great deals on the TLX. I see they have a hybrid of the RLX coming out soon so hopefully in 2015 we'll see a hybrid TLX.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Well said.
Acura_Dude (05-23-2014)
Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Here are two new shots from the recently posted Peter Cunningham video. I really do think that the silver and white are quite attractive for this car!! I'm actually excited to start seeing this car and those jewel eyes roaming the streets.

You have to admit that the MDX has quite a striking presence on the road... I actually think the TLX may also!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by randomRon82; 05-24-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Tonyware (05-24-2014)
Old 05-24-2014, 07:07 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Silver is the color for this car.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:10 AM
2004 NBP ACURA TL

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MtnMan
Well, I went and ordered a loaded 335i M Sport instead...

So I passed on the jerky...and got USDA Prime.
Last Saturday I went to the BMW dealer, with 2 allocations left I went and ordered a 2015 BMW M3. Now the waiting begins.

I'm not a meat connoisseur per say, So what kind of meat did I one up you with? Lol
Old 05-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jurena
Last Saturday I went to the BMW dealer, with 2 allocations left I went and ordered a 2015 BMW M3. Now the waiting begins.

I'm not a meat connoisseur per say, So what kind of meat did I one up you with? Lol
Let's get out the ruler...

Congrats! I think if they sold an AWD M3 I would have gone that route. But I'll likely get into enough trouble with the 335 + MPPK @ 335hp/332lb-ft. Enjoy the M3.

Quick Reply: TLX in the wild... and new pics