Safety Recall Notice

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 01:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Safety Recall Notice

I just got a safety recall notice letter, the transmission is really the downfall of this car. They really should take it all back and put in new ones. I love this car but i have spent too much time in the dealership on problems that shouldn't even be there. That includes that stupid paste on aero kit they call the GT kit now that keeps falling off because it sucks.

Electrical issues, hesitation in the tranny didn't bother me too much. Now I have to go back to the dealership again and waste more time. I buy a nice car so I wouldn't have to do this kind of thing.

Anyway letter states the fix will be an update to the software because some wire might break in the tranny. Don't know how a software update is going to fix that...at this point I doubt Acura knows what the hell they are doing. I'm now in the market for another car...and it won't be an Acura.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:09 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BlackTLXadvance
I just got a safety recall notice letter, the transmission is really the downfall of this car. They really should take it all back and put in new ones. I love this car but i have spent too much time in the dealership on problems that shouldn't even be there. That includes that stupid paste on aero kit they call the GT kit now that keeps falling off because it sucks.

Electrical issues, hesitation in the tranny didn't bother me too much. Now I have to go back to the dealership again and waste more time. I buy a nice car so I wouldn't have to do this kind of thing.

Anyway letter states the fix will be an update to the software because some wire might break in the tranny. Don't know how a software update is going to fix that...at this point I doubt Acura knows what the hell they are doing. I'm now in the market for another car...and it won't be an Acura.
Forgot to mention letters I got from Lawers about transmission issues and just received another letter a couple of weeks ago about how they charge minorities more in interest. Then another letter from Acura saying they agree to this lawsuit and will settle the case. Acuras are pieces of shits really.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:27 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Yeah the trans has been a real issue for a lot of TLX owners as well as how Acura has dragged their feet.. I assume you've seen this thread..

https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...-2-3-a-919230/
Old 11-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
How come out of all the freakin TSB announcements, my Canadian 2015 TLX has received not one letter about fixing something. And don't tell me my Nov 2014 build is perfect, we all know that's not true. I honestly think that at this point I'd have better service from the likes of even Audi/BMW!!! Buy Honda because they give quality service .... my ass, they used to that's for sure.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JT4
Yeah the trans has been a real issue for a lot of TLX owners as well as how Acura has dragged their feet.. I assume you've seen this thread..

https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...-2-3-a-919230/
Yes I read it, my transmission does it sometimes but I find it's rare enough not to bother me too much. What bothers me sometimes is it hesitates a lot when I floor it. Going from reverse to drive it hesitated also but still doesn't bother me that much. I really only like the transmission because it saves gas on the highway. Performance wise it's really bad. When I had the i4 loaned I enjoyed that much more the V6 model I own. The transmission on that one is much more snappy.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
How come out of all the freakin TSB announcements, my Canadian 2015 TLX has received not one letter about fixing something. And don't tell me my Nov 2014 build is perfect, we all know that's not true. I honestly think that at this point I'd have better service from the likes of even Audi/BMW!!! Buy Honda because they give quality service .... my ass, they used to that's for sure.
What bothers me the most is they charged me more in interest because I'm a minority. I got two letters, one from lawyers saying they have settled and I will receive money. Then I got another letter from Acura itself saying they agree to this lawsuit being true. What the hell?! Really?!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:34 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
What bothers me the most is they charged me more in interest because I'm a minority. I got two letters, one from lawyers saying they have settled and I will receive money. Then I got another letter from Acura itself saying they agree to this lawsuit being true. What the hell?! Really?!
What's your credit score?
Old 11-09-2016, 04:37 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

Did you read this?

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B16-075.PDF
Old 11-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
This is a patch, not a fix. A Band-Aid of sorts until a permanent fix can be engineered - according to my service writer.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:46 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
What's your credit score?
Higher than yours most likely.

Heres a link to the settlement. 24 Million dollar settlement. There was an investigation and they settled for 24 million. Don't worry about my credit score.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:47 AM
Intermediate

Heres a link to the settlement. 24 Million dollar settlement. There was an investigation and they settled for 24 million. Don't worry about my credit score.
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/cfpb-and-doj-reach-resolution-with-honda-to-address-discriminatory-auto-loan-pricing/
Old 11-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Relax man. It was a simple question that's 100% relevant to the issue you brought up as to why you may have a higher interest rate. I understand you are frustrated but lashing out at members on a public forum isn't going to make your issues go away.

If you think you have some sort of legal case , you should be consulting a lawyer rather than an online forum.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:24 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts

too be fair, it was a legitimate question, as you complained about high interest.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Relax man. It was a simple question that's 100% relevant to the issue you brought up as to why you may have a higher interest rate. I understand you are frustrated but lashing out at members on a public forum isn't going to make your issues go away.

If you think you have some sort of legal case , you should be consulting a lawyer rather than an online forum.
If you read the report it won't matter what my credit score is. They will always up quote what the bank first quoted. Credit score is irrvelant here, what my credit score is is not the point. So if the bank quotes me at .9 the dealerships will make it higher then tell you this is the banks quote. To make it worst the investigation says they only do it to minorities.

This leaves me with a huge distaste for the car, every time I look at it or drive it.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by justnspace
too be fair, it was a legitimate question, as you complained about high interest.
Again read the report with the link I provided above and you will see why my credit score is irrvelant here.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
ok, so how low is that score?
Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dzionny_dzionassi
ok, so how low is that score?
Not low at all🙄🙄🙄, anyway I'm in he market for another car. I hear Lexus doesn't have these kinds of problems.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts
Again read the report with the link I provided above and you will see why my credit score is irrvelant here.
The article indicates the dealer markups were discretionary, I.e. Each dealer could independently determine, on a case by case basis, who they would offer a higher interest rate to. This was for American Honda Finance backed loans only.

Being a minority's didn't mean one would automatically receive a higher interest rate, though there's enough evidence there to indicate that some dealers were discriminating based on race.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Not low at all🙄🙄🙄, anyway I'm in he market for another car. I hear Lexus doesn't have these kinds of problems.

What at do you plan on getting?? IS350 F Sport ??
Old 11-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by liquidh2o
The article indicates the dealer markups were discretionary, I.e. Each dealer could independently determine, on a case by case basis, who they would offer a higher interest rate to. This was for American Honda Finance backed loans only.

Being a minority's didn't mean one would automatically receive a higher interest rate, though there's enough evidence there to indicate that some dealers were discriminating based on race.
I read the report again and it doesn't say the anything about dealer discretion. Didn't read anywhere it would be case by case.

By by the way Acura and Honda are the same company. I bought an Acura but Honda financed the vehicle. Honda Financial.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
I read the report again and it doesn't say the anything about dealer discretion. Didn't read anywhere it would be case by case.

By by the way Acura and Honda are the same company. I bought an Acura but Honda financed the vehicle. Honda Financial.
Yeah, Acura Financial Services is just a DBA for Honda Financial Services.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
I don't want to make light of your situation but these lending issues are quite complex. I can't get too into the specifics but I had close dealings with a very large case and when independent numbers were ran it actually found that the Feds may have been incorrect in their assessment and their data may have been off of the mark. A lot of companies, especially the bigger ones, will just pay out to avoid further bad press and it may benefit them financially to do so at that time, as they could owe more if it drags out. Demographics and lending can be a tricky animal and I am NOT saying that lending discrimination can't and doesn't happen, but it may not be as widespread as it is believed to be.

But regardless, I am sorry to hear that you are having all of these issues and I think the brand has taken a nosedive unfortunately.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:11 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree - The lending issues are very complex. Without diving into it let's just say the statistics of the races where dealer makes a higher margin of rate mark up is with the minority race. It could be that whatever race you are, that area where you live, is more likely to not stand firm on negotiating an interest rate than a price. I'll just leave it there.. as far as the kit goes, I'm not sure how it would fall off. I have a 16 TLX Advance SHAWD and with over 9,5XX miles I don't see any fit or finish issues. Maybe they just poorly installed it. Have them relook at it, as I highly doubt you got them outside of the dealership to be installed.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ADL72
I agree - The lending issues are very complex. Without diving into it let's just say the statistics of the races where dealer makes a higher margin of rate mark up is with the minority race. It could be that whatever race you are, that area where you live, is more likely to not stand firm on negotiating an interest rate than a price. I'll just leave it there.. as far as the kit goes, I'm not sure how it would fall off. I have a 16 TLX Advance SHAWD and with over 9,5XX miles I don't see any fit or finish issues. Maybe they just poorly installed it. Have them relook at it, as I highly doubt you got them outside of the dealership to be installed.
I have a '15 V6 PAWS and the spoiler is pasted on using 3M. It's gets hot in California and the adhesive falls off. Twice fixed and coming in a third time soon. It's beginning to fall off. The side skirts broke off near the rear wheels on both sides. They said it the side skirts were my fault and warranty won't cover it. Had to go to another dealer where they said they've had this problem before. I bought the showroom car so everything was already on.

I dont think its the deslers fault, I think the kit is poorly made.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
^ Totally agree about the paste-on kit.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you read the report it won't matter what my credit score is. They will always up quote what the bank first quoted. Credit score is irrvelant here, what my credit score is is not the point. So if the bank quotes me at .9 the dealerships will make it higher then tell you this is the banks quote. To make it worst the investigation says they only do it to minorities.

This leaves me with a huge distaste for the car, every time I look at it or drive it.
You really think your rate is influenced by your ethnicity? If so, why don't you just refi somewhere else? I'm what you may call a "minority", and I have no problems whatsoever. Then again, my score is +800 also.

Rather than cry because you think you're a victim, take your business somewhere else.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

From the article you linked to:

As an indirect auto lender, Honda sets a risk-based interest rate, or “buy rate,” that it conveys to auto dealers. Honda then allows auto dealers to charge a higher interest rate when they finalize the deal with the consumer. This is typically called “dealer markup.” Markups can generate compensation for dealers while giving them the discretion to charge consumers different rates regardless of consumer creditworthiness. Honda permitted dealers to mark-up consumers’ interest rates as much as 2.25 percent for contracts with terms of 5 years or less, and 2 percent for contracts with longer terms.
AFHC offers the loans via the dealers while giving the them the power to increase those rates without regard to credit worthiness. Some (not all) dealers abused this by charging minorities a higher rate. AFHC had and obligation (and failed) to monitor and enforce compliance with the Equal Opportunity Credit Act.

The reference to AFHC-backed loans is to differentiate from those loans that the dealer might offer via agreement with local banks/credit unions. Fully understand that AFS and AFHC are one and the same.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rocket_pup
You really think your rate is influenced by your ethnicity? If so, why don't you just refi somewhere else? I'm what you may call a "minority", and I have no problems whatsoever. Then again, my score is +800 also.

Rather than cry because you think you're a victim, take your business somewhere else.
Who's crying? I'm about to upgrade to a Lexus and ditch this messed up Acura they call a Luxury Sport Sedan. Have fun with your and you credit score, mine is up there also.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by liquidh2o
From the article you linked to:

AFHC offers the loans via the dealers while giving the them the power to increase those rates without regard to credit worthiness. Some (not all) dealers abused this by charging minorities a higher rate. AFHC had and obligation (and failed) to monitor and enforce compliance with the Equal Opportunity Credit Act.

The reference to AFHC-backed loans is to differentiate from those loans that the dealer might offer via agreement with local banks/credit unions. Fully understand that AFS and AFHC are one and the same.
"Some not all"???

Thats exactly what the report says. Minorities and and not whites. "Some not all". Anyway, let's pretend this never happened, the whole 24 million dollar settlement. This car still kind of sucks, tranny sucks, paste on kit wasn't well thought out. I think the only real good thing about this car is it's quiet. If anybody asked me would I recommend this car I would say at that price point don't buy it. Look at me, I'm switching brands and I'm an Acura fanboy like you.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:48 AM
Intermediate

Who's crying? I'm about to upgrade to a Lexus and ditch this messed up Acura they call a Luxury Sport Sedan. Have fun with your and you credit score, mine is up there also.
Refiance?? It's not about the money or high interest rate. I bought Acura because it known to be reliable yet I'm spending too much time at the dealerships and them not knowing how to fix any forcing me to go to other dealerships.

I bought the showroom car with everything on it except all wheel drive because when I bought it they haven't even started production on it yet and I couldn't wait. 48K I think it was and that's not including tax. If you think I care about the money you're wrong, it's not about the money. Dude