View Poll Results: Are you still waiting for your 2014+ Acura Navtool Module?
I've received the new module
0%
I'm still waiting for my module
65.22%
I've cancelled my order
21.74%
I'm disputing the charges with my credit card
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Navtool Pre-Order Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
phone or online orders can take 7-10 business days to appear
Are you really getting orders at this time?

And you know who the people are who have been posting and now want a credit on their card so they wouldn't be ordering again.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
if you ask us to cancel the order, but open a dispute at the same time. We don't dispute anything, its now between your credit card company and our credit card processor.

Simply if you want a refund ask us and wait fro it to be processed.
I'm sorry but I'm going to continue with my AMEX dispute. I just don't trust you guys at this point, and from Rennie's postings about lack of responses and refund, I'm fine with receiving my credit back that way.

I'm noting that there is technically nothing for you to dispute as I requested a cancellation/refund AND you still have no ACURA product to show nor ship. You provided AMEX with a copy of the original purchase authorization without showing the cancellation request on February 19, 2016 and that can only be perceived as a tactic to delay my dispute--not that it actually does anything to me because AMEX already sent the funds back to me back on February 19, 2016 anyway and they have a copy of this thread, the original pre-order thread, and our email correspondences.

The facts are clear. You should have simply allowed the dispute to proceed with no argument because there is nothing between you and I that supports a reversal.

And Ron A, thanks for keeping everything and everyone sane.

Last edited by neoshi; 03-05-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
if you ask us for refund and start claim before refund is processed, your credit card company is staring an investigation. We have no control over it, so if you ask for refund wait for it to appear.

if yo ask us for refund, wait at least 10 days for credit to appear, if you ask for refunds and immediately got to your credit card company, they want details for both sides.

its is part of Electronic Fund Transfer Act
Old 03-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Here it is March and nothing to show for it.. almost as bad as Navdy
Old 03-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Administrator

if you ask us for refund and start claim before refund is processed, your credit card company is staring an investigation. We have no control over it, so if you ask for refund wait for it to appear.

if yo ask us for refund, wait at least 10 days for credit to appear, if you ask for refunds and immediately got to your credit card company, they want details for both sides.

That's true. People should not submit both a refund request and a credit card request.

I can see why they are trying to cover both bases but it is not a good thing to do and will delay the process.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Racer

My point is is your response to AMEX, you should have responded yes, he ordered, we missed the deadline, he wanted to cancel, we agree, please close dispute. Instead, you provided just the original cc auth form and THAT'S IT. Does this not make sense?
Old 03-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by neoshi
My point is is your response to AMEX, you should have responded yes, he ordered, we missed the deadline, he wanted to cancel, we agree, please close dispute. Instead, you provided just the original cc auth form and THAT'S IT. Does this not make sense?
disputes are handled by credit card processing company not us.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
out of curiosity, has anyone who HAS cancelled the order and waited the 7-10 days received the refund? actually... has ANYONE received a refund?
Old 03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Racer

During the process you are asked to respond. You said so yourself a few posts again. Nevermind. I already have my money back anyway. You dont seem to comprehend my responses either way.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by baelim
out of curiosity, has anyone who HAS cancelled the order and waited the 7-10 days received the refund? actually... has ANYONE received a refund?
Nope! What they said is untrue. I had a dispute in the past with something I didn't get from eBay, paid through CC from PayPal. After contacting the seller multiple times, I never got my refund. I then opened a dispute through My CC. Two days later the seller credited my CC and the dispute was automatically closed.

I just got off the phone with my CC. They told me when there's a dispute, a seller can refund your money and dispute will close automatically. Just because we opened a dispute, it doesn't mean a seller can't refund our money anymore.

I feel NavTool is very dishonest. They can't provide any truth to what they're selling and now the refund. Whatever happened to that video they were supposed to provide weeks ago?

Firstly, by giving us the run-around with the deliver date.
Secondly, now the run-around with refund.

Last edited by Reinnie; 03-05-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Advanced

Yes, dispute by CC Co., but refund by you guys.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Reinnie
Nope! What they said is untrue. I had a dispute in the past with something I didn't get from eBay, paid through CC from PayPal. After contacting the seller multiple times, I never got my refund. I then opened a dispute through My CC. Two days later the seller credited my CC and the dispute was automatically closed.

I just got off the phone with my CC. They told me when there's a dispute, a seller can refund your money and dispute will close automatically. Just because we opened a dispute, it doesn't mean a seller can't refund our money anymore.

I feel NavTool is very dishonest. They can't provide any truth to what there are selling and now the refund. Whatever happened to that video that they were supposed to provide weeks ago?

Firstly, by giving us the run-around with the deliver date.
Secondly, now the run-around with refund.
Reputable companies are worried their ratings will be affected by disputes so they are more likely to issue you the refund immediately.

On the other hand, we are dealing with navtool, so there is not much more that needs to be said.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ron A
Reputable companies are worried their ratings will be affected by disputes so they are more likely to issue you the refund immediately.

On the other hand, we are dealing with navtool, so there is not much more that needs to be said.
Gotcha, thanks Ron!
Old 03-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Banned

go read refund policy of any major store, it just takes that many days for non swipe transaction
Old 03-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Banned

Customer Support: Return Policy at The Home Depot

Please note that, depending on the form of payment tendered, it may take 2-10 business days from the start of the returns process for it to be applied to your account.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Banned

we live in a different world, we expect all done instantly, if you couldn't wait and started dispute, we cant refund as funds are already held by your bank.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Customer Support: Return Policy at The Home Depot

Please note that, depending on the form of payment tendered, it may take 2-10 business days from the start of the returns process for it to be applied to your account.
The link is for returns.

Since nobody has ever received anything from you (except for alexman), the Home Depot policy doesn't apply here.

It also says depending on form of payment, which means if paid by check it could take longer if the check hasn't cleared.

I don't think any of our members used a check.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Banned

The link is for returns.

Since nobody has ever received anything from you (except for alexman), the Home Depot policy doesn't apply here.

It also says depending on form of payment, which means if paid by check it could take longer if the check hasn't cleared.

I don't think any of our members used a check.
all i'm saying people ask for refund and expect it to show on their credit card in 2 days it imposisble
Old 03-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Advanced

all i'm saying people ask for refund and expect it to show on their credit card in 2 days it imposisble
How about more than 2wks? Is that possible? Seems to me you guys have problem giving back refunds.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:47 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Lol I had my own ordeal of ordering NavTool through eBay. The unit was in my opinion DOA, but when I went through a refund on eBay they tried to fight me on it saying I had broken the unit. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but it only took less than an hour from being notified by eBay that my refund was in dispute to eBay agreeing with me.

Another suspicion I have about what I was sent was that I had gotten the unit through "Best Offer". Probably thought they could get away with scamming me by giving me a dead unit and having me think I got a great deal.

I tried to give the product a chance. I really did, by requesting another harness to see if that was the issue, but working with this company really makes me think twice about getting electronics through even eBay, let alone direct buy.After reading through all these posts about the group buy - the insults, lack of updates, etc by the vendor however, I'm glad I did go through the eBay route instead of their website. The only silver lining was that I didn't have to deal with NavTool customer service BS and instead was streamlined with eBay's return process.

FWIW, after I got my refund through eBay back, I got Dom's tvnav2go. No HDMI input or phone mirroring, but I really just need a back up cam on my '05 TL. Haven't tested the camera part, but DVD players work beautifully.

Last edited by jimmyfu; 03-06-2016 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmyfu
Lol I had my own ordeal of ordering NavTool through eBay. The unit was in my opinion DOA, but when I went through a refund on eBay they tried to fight me on it saying I had broken the unit. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but it only took less than an hour from being notified by eBay that my refund was in dispute to eBay agreeing with me.

Another suspicion I have about what I was sent was that I had gotten the unit through "Best Offer". Probably thought they could get away with scamming me by giving me a dead unit and having me think I got a great deal.

I tried to give the product a chance. I really did, by requesting another harness to see if that was the issue, but working with this company really makes me think twice about getting electronics through even eBay, let alone direct buy.After reading through all these posts about the group buy - the insults, lack of updates, etc by the vendor however, I'm glad I did go through the eBay route instead of their website. The only silver lining was that I didn't have to deal with NavTool customer service BS and instead was streamlined with eBay's return process.

FWIW, after I got my refund through eBay back, I got Dom's tvnav2go. No HDMI input or phone mirroring, but I really just need a back up cam on my '05 TL. Haven't tested the camera part, but DVD players work beautifully.
We don't sell on EBay direct
Old 03-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What a bedlam
Old 03-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Banned

FYI: out of 50 people that pre-ordered only 15 prepaid i just got the stats, we should have cancelled it at the get go
Old 03-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Advanced

FYI: out of 50 people that pre-ordered only 15 prepaid i just got the stats, we should have cancelled it at the get go
FYI, it's never too late to cancel since you don't have a product to sell and you should give money back to the 15 who had paid in Decemeber.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Banned

FYI, it's never too late to cancel since you don't have a product to sell and you should give money back to the 15 who had paid in Decemeber.
product is finished, we are waiting for enclosures
Old 03-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
product is finished, we are waiting for enclosures
So it's not finished
Old 03-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thoiboi
So it's not finished
Exactly! "Enclosure" will take who knows how long since you can't even tell us the delivery date of the enclosure nor its purpose.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Banned

Exactly! "Enclosure" will take who knows how long since you can't even tell us the delivery date of the enclosure nor its purpose.
Customers that pre-ordered do get email updates
Old 03-07-2016, 02:55 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
If only 15 members actually prepaid then according to the poll over %50 have already cancelled. I did pay already and I usually don't do that for the very reason that we're experiencing now. I do understand that sometimes new models take time to develop, but I'm upset at the manner in which we've been kept up to date.

As far as the prepaid e-mail updates, well there have only been 2 and they have both been repeated in these threads.

This on sent on Feb. 20:

Hi, thank you for being a part of our pre-order, we want to apologize for the delay in getting you order delivered.

All pre-orders are now upgraded to 3 year warranty.

Thank You

Vitaliy Sokolov

NavTool Inc.

and the most recent sent on Mar. 1:

Hi, thank you for being patient with us, we are now waiting to receive shipment of end caps from our supplier to fulfill the order.

We work very hard to deliver best products possible, you will be extremely satisfied with the end result.

Thank You

Vitaliy Sokolov

NavTool Inc.

This isn't really much of an update process, but we are getting some e-mails.

While we're on the subject, do you have any updated time for getting the enclosures?
The following users liked this post:
neoshi (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Racer

I'll echo hoosier as being someone who pre-paid as required before the deadline and only received those two emails regarding updates during the whole process. All other correspondences were for cancellation of order.

Also, as a side update, AMEX closed the dispute in my favor after seeing this thread and the pre-order thread, in addition to the email correspondences.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Also, as a side update, AMEX closed the dispute in my favor after seeing this thread and the pre-order thread, in addition to the email correspondences.
Good on them. I wouldn't hold my breath in a refund directly from navtool. If you guys are tired of waiting for your money, utilize your credit card's ability to help you in these exact situations.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Administrator

If there were only 15 prepaid orders, and some of those have either requested or received their credits, I'm getting close to just closing this thread and let the few remaining people request a credit from their credit card company.

If and when navtool ever gets a finished product, then someone brave should step up and order one and thoroughly test it to determine if everything works as advertised.

Or, better still, navtool should supply one free to one of the reputable members posting in this thread and let them test it. We could hold a raffle and I'll pick a name out of my hat.

Thoughts?
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
If there were only 15 prepaid orders, and some of those have either requested or received their credits, I'm getting close to just closing this thread and let the few remaining people request a credit from their credit card company.

If and when navtool ever gets a finished product, then someone brave should step up and order one and thoroughly test it to determine if everything works as advertised.

Or, better still, navtool should supply one free to one of the reputable members posting in this thread and let them test it. We could hold a raffle and I'll pick a name out of my hat.

Thoughts?
You should leave the thread open until Navtool delivers or until everyone has been refunded. Period.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LAMike240
You should leave the thread open until Navtool delivers or until everyone has been refunded. Period.
My sentiments as well.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
while the thread can continue with the admin, the poll will close tomorrow fyi.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Racer

We don't sell on EBay direct
Interesting: http://stores.ebay.com/navigation-vi...p2047675.l2563

I duno maybe it's not you guys but you tell us.

Also, agreed that the thread should remain open until product is sent to the folks who are still waiting.

Last edited by neoshi; 03-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Banned

it's ran by a third party company
Old 03-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Also, agreed that the thread should remain open until product is sent to the folks who are still waiting.
Hahaha!!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Banned

All Ebay sales are managed by a third party company
Old 03-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Bullshit. Every card processor I've used in my jobs have been capable of processing refunds in under 30 minutes. It would commonly show up on their online statement in less than 10 minutes after we hit submit. The transaction would rarely take more than 12 hours to post.

Sounds to me like you're using a high-risk card processor (commonly used for "adult" sites) and you don't want to get hit with higher rates for giving out refunds.

If you're actually capable of sending out refunds, you should probably prove it and post a return receipt. Check your email; all ecommerce card processors will send you one when you submit a return.