View Poll Results: Are you still waiting for your 2014+ Acura Navtool Module?
I've received the new module
0%
I'm still waiting for my module
65.22%
I've cancelled my order
21.74%
I'm disputing the charges with my credit card
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Navtool Pre-Order Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Navtool Pre-Order Poll

Hey guys I'm trying to get some visibility on the current Navtool pre-order situation. I'd like those who have ordered to provide your feedback on where you are so we as a group.

Non-TLX owners are welcome to vote for I don't see the point of trying to open a thread across all the models.

By all means you're welcome to post your grievances or support towards Navtool but I'd like to ask you to keep opinions to a minimum if at all possible.
The following 4 users liked this post by baelim:
808tesh (03-01-2016), Hoosier_TLX (03-01-2016), mikeyk24 (03-01-2016), neoshi (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll start some MDX related discussion supported by a date timeline, this is both for clarity and record keeping as I am emailing Vitaliy (CEO of NavTool) directly to keep tabs on the order status.

Facts and timeline:
  • I was the 9th to sign up in the preorder thread on 10/6/15
  • 4mo24dy elapsed
  • NavTool.com posted a December 21, 2015 Ship Date
  • 2mo9dy elapsed past ship date (currently this is the delay)
  • Vitaliy has been ok at communication so far both on forum PMs and email, though the latest emails have taken a bit longer than his previous average.

• These are the facts I have. I was only enlightened on 2/25/16 to the issues others were having when I came across the other display mirroring thread by Reinnie.

That said - this isn't my first group buy, forum buy, kickstart, prefund, or pre-order by a long shot... I know there are always delays in a product hitting market and on forums that wait is amplified by the many voices and varying expectations. I want to give NavTool / Vitaliy a chance to redeem this situation (I've launched products before, it's not easy). The product and technology obviously exists as we've seen, so it's just a matter of them tidying up their communication and shipments.

That said (x2) - I'm not looking to get hung out to dry for my payment. I expect NavTool to be following this thread and communicating directly, via pm, email or this forum with some substantial information which can shed light on the upcoming timeline of delivery. As the delay lengthens, my patience is wearing and I'll be sure I don't miss any deadlines with my CC provider to ensure I get my money back.

Looking forward to some grown up discussion by others as well. That way we'll all collectively have the same knowledge to work with.

-Tesh
    The following 2 users liked this post by 808tesh:
    Hoosier_TLX (03-01-2016), mikeyk24 (03-01-2016)
    Old 03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
    Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
    I sent Navtool to refund me like 2 weeks back and then i asked again to confirm my request. I got a reply processing so I called my CC to dispute the charge.
    Old 03-01-2016, 01:55 PM
    1st Gear

I was on the original list, but missed the pre-order window. So I'm just waiting to see what happens at this point. I didn't realize there were delays with the order.
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:14 PM
    Instructor

Hi, thank you for being patient with us, we are now waiting to receive shipment of end caps from our supplier to fulfill the order.

We work very hard to deliver best products possible, you will be extremely satisfied with the end result.

Thank You

Vitaliy Sokolov

NavTool Inc.

I received this today lol
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:16 PM
    Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
    I told them I've already asked them to give me my money back two weeks ago and why they have not done so?? Told them I don't care if you released your product yesterday because I don't want your product anymore, I just want my money.
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:27 PM
    Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
    I just posted on the main thread about how upset I am with the lack of definitive progress but I also understand the time it takes to get a new product launched. The most upsetting aspect is the fact they seem to have absolutely no idea when they'll be getting the "end caps". I am giving them another 2 weeks or so and then I'm going to bail too. If the product does actually make it to market some time in the future and the reviews are positive I'll look into getting it then. It would be worth paying the extra 50 bucks to avoid all this runaround.
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:30 PM
    10th Gear

I cancelled my order last week too. From the votes poll 2 so far disputed the charges from their credit cards. Looks like very hard to get refunded back without going through dispute. I'm calling my credit card too.

This is un-professional of handling business.
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:38 PM
    Advanced

Originally Posted by Acurahaz
    I cancelled my order last week too. From the votes poll 2 so far disputed the charges from their credit cards. Looks like very hard to get refunded back without going through dispute. I'm calling my credit card too.

This is un-professional of handling business.
    Exactly!! What kind of business are they running. If a customer ask for a pre-order refund because they no longer want the product, then they should get a refund. It's because of this, I think it's a scam! Why is it so hard for them to refund my money when they said refund would be posted in 3-7 days. They're so full of it.
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:41 PM
    Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
    Facts/History:
    -I signed up for the pre-order (lucky number 13).
    -Sent in the credit card authorization on December 14, 2015.
    -CC charged December 23, 2015.
    -Started asking about the delay on January 25, 2016. Told to wait 15-20 calendar days.
    -Posted February 10, 2016 (15 day mark) that I would wait 5 more calendar days. At this point, I also call AMEX to clarify the CC charge assist period (60 calendar days) and asked them to notate my account that there was a charge I may have to dispute past 60 days. They agreed and notated my account.
    -Received response that it would now be +14 additional days (to end of month).
    -Requested additional info on delay or install manuals on February 11 and 15, 2016.
    -Received non-working link on February 18, 2016 saying it would go live February 19, 2016.
    -Link did not go live February 19, 2016. Requested more info from the CEO.
    -(About four hours after email to CEO) Cancellation notice sent via email to sales and to the CEO on February 19, 2016. Also called AMEX to inform them I had requested a cancellation and refund from the vendor for the December 23, 2015 charge. AMEX decided to just process a dispute for me right there and then, and credited me back within four hours.
    -Done.

Also, I should note that Android users should be aware of the move away from MHL, making a HDMI based connection for smartphone mirroring a dying solution. Some Android phones (specifically the Galaxy S line right now, and also iOS and MS ones) are moving toward DisplayPort via USB-C, so be aware that while your current phones may work with a HDMI based mirroring device, your future phones may not (especially if you change every 2 years).

Lastly, I voted as cancelled, but really should be disputed.
    Old 03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
    Racer

I have PM'ed all 48 known forum members from the original Navtool thread in groups of three (the max allowed per pm). While I was unable to reach 13 of them due to full mailboxes I'm aware that there was a group buy established with each Acura model as well as forum members who would only check their model threads.

The poll is designed to last just a week so I would appreciate if individuals in their community continues to bump up the post that leads to this thread.

If sharing the link is too bothersome you can also find it in the left column in the Acurazine homepage.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:00 PM
    Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
    Disputed charge as have no faith they would issue refund.
    Old 03-01-2016, 04:11 PM
    Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
    I am part of the group buy as well and I am responding to baelim's broadcast PM. So far, Navtool has been communicative about the delays, so I've given them the benefit of the doubt. This is not my first rodeo with group buys for new products and I'm sure it will work out. There's almost always a delay of some kind. This one is longer than others. Their product has been solid in the past and may be worth the wait, to me.

Just in case, though, I've looked up how long I have before I lose due process via my credit card. Just because I'm hopeful doesn't mean I don't know my rights.

Carry on! Adult conversation only, though, no bashing. Yet.
    The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
    808tesh (03-07-2016), neoshi (03-02-2016), TacoBello (03-02-2016)
    Old 03-01-2016, 05:07 PM
    Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
    Originally Posted by neuronbob
    I am part of the group buy as well and I am responding to baelim's broadcast PM. So far, Navtool has been communicative about the delays, so I've given them the benefit of the doubt. This is not my first rodeo with group buys for new products and I'm sure it will work out. There's almost always a delay of some kind. This one is longer than others. Their product has been solid in the past and may be worth the wait, to me.

Just in case, though, I've looked up how long I have before I lose due process via my credit card. Just because I'm hopeful doesn't mean I don't know my rights.

Carry on! Adult conversation only, though, no bashing. Yet.
    Bob, well said. I'm in the same boat and am willing to continue to be patient.. obviously some better communication from Navtool would have made the delays MUCH easier to handle.. but it is what it is.
    Old 03-01-2016, 07:59 PM
    Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts
    Originally Posted by haidarh
    Hi, thank you for being patient with us, we are now waiting to receive shipment of end caps from our supplier to fulfill the order.

We work very hard to deliver best products possible, you will be extremely satisfied with the end result.

Thank You

Vitaliy Sokolov

NavTool Inc.

I received this today lol
    lol
    Old 03-01-2016, 08:15 PM
    Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
    I got the email today saying they are waiting on the end caps. Hell, I preordered Navdy almost 2 years ago and it's never been released
    Old 03-02-2016, 07:55 AM
    Racer

Let me chime in on my take:

12/1/2014 - I order a RLX module from their website after confirming with Navtool that this will be for the TLX.
    12/8/2014 - They tell me that "unfortunately due to high demand on our products at the point you have placed your order we were sold out"
    1/26/2015 - My repeated email requests for an update go unanswered
    2/26/2015 - Like clockwork I start to follow up on a month by month basis
    5/20/2015 - I call to cancel my order. Get an email confirmation
    6/3/2015 - I follow up because I still don't see refund in my CC
    6/24/2015 - I start a dispute over the charge through my CC. I finally get my refund.
    7/8/2015 - I start a SECOND dispute over a NEW charge that Navtool makes on my credit card. This one takes less time since CC is on my side. CC company suggests I block the seller from charging the card again and I approve. I try to forget about the whole deal. Navtool is probably a tiny ass shop. Website is pretty much broke. Can't hold it against them to have big dreams...

btw I have email trails of all this...

10/2015 - Navtool starts a group buy for module - A small glimpse of hope perhaps wishing they finally have their sh*t together.
    12/2015 - First ship date delayed - Beginning to see a pattern by now.
    1/2016 - Second ship date delayed - I start to voice my concerns to other forum members.
    2/2016 - Third ship date delayed - I start this poll.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that these guys lie and come short of stealing to make a living. I have proof of it. I don't care if the module was made by Obama himself, I cannot do business with these folks.
    Old 03-02-2016, 08:04 AM
    Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
    Originally Posted by baelim
    Let me chime in on my take:

12/1/2014 - I order a RLX module from their website after confirming with Navtool that this will be for the TLX.
    12/8/2014 - They tell me that "unfortunately due to high demand on our products at the point you have placed your order we were sold out"
    1/26/2015 - My repeated email requests for an update go unanswered
    2/26/2015 - Like clockwork I start to follow up on a month by month basis
    5/20/2015 - I call to cancel my order. Get an email confirmation
    6/3/2015 - I follow up because I still don't see refund in my CC
    6/24/2015 - I start a dispute over the charge through my CC. I finally get my refund.
    7/8/2015 - I start a SECOND dispute over a NEW charge that Navtool makes on my credit card. This one takes less time since CC is on my side. CC company suggests I block the seller from charging the card again and I approve. I try to forget about the whole deal. Navtool is probably a tiny ass shop. Website is pretty much broke. Can't hold it against them to have big dreams...

btw I have email trails of all this...

10/2015 - Navtool starts a group buy for module - A small glimpse of hope perhaps wishing they finally have their sh*t together.
    12/2015 - First ship date delayed - Beginning to see a pattern by now.
    1/2016 - Second ship date delayed - I start to voice my concerns to other forum members.
    2/2016 - Third ship date delayed - I start this poll.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that these guys lie and come short of stealing to make a living. I have proof of it. I don't care if the module was made by Obama himself, I cannot do business with these folks.
    I made an order around same time as you did , my credit card was never charged. I canceled and reordered and they never charged me due to product being out of stock
    Old 03-02-2016, 08:06 AM
    Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
    I was part of last years group buy , all delivered as promised.
    Old 03-02-2016, 09:31 AM
    Racer

hey Photojob you're the guy that Ron_A suspects you're working with Navtool back on post #262 of the Navtool thread right? You and alexman. If you're not my apologies, but it's hard to imagine someone defending Navtool. Reservations sure. Frustrations by all means. But all out attacking disgruntled members on the Navtool thread really puts a question mark on your motives.

Also if you're past buyers I sure hope not to see either of your names in the poll for it would only serve to confirm Ron's suspicions.
    Old 03-02-2016, 09:47 AM
    Advanced

Originally Posted by LAMike240
    Disputed charge as have no faith they would issue refund.
    They won't issue a refund! I've been waiting for a refund for over 2wks! Hopefully my CC Co. Will come through.

They want people to trust them yet they won't issue a refund for those who asked??!!!
    Old 03-02-2016, 11:07 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts

Sorry for you guy's misfortunes (potentially). I was just yesterday reconsidering ordering one of these boxes. Didn't realize they were still in Pre- status!

Seems like this is becoming a cross-model compilation; so I'm in to hear the outcome.
    Old 03-02-2016, 12:26 PM
    Racer

Damn guys keep it civil.
    Old 03-02-2016, 02:19 PM
    Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
    Warning to all....

Guys,

We're NOT doing the name calling and harassment here. If this persists, I'll just issue bans and close this thread.

Last chance....
    The following 2 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
    neoshi (03-02-2016), neuronbob (03-02-2016)
    Old 03-02-2016, 02:58 PM
    Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
    Originally Posted by baelim
    hey Photojob you're the guy that Ron_A suspects you're working with Navtool back on post #262 of the Navtool thread right? You and alexman. If you're not my apologies, but it's hard to imagine someone defending Navtool. Reservations sure. Frustrations by all means. But all out attacking disgruntled members on the Navtool thread really puts a question mark on your motives.

Also if you're past buyers I sure hope not to see either of your names in the poll for it would only serve to confirm Ron's suspicions.
    I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose who posted in the polls, but I might be allowed to confirm your suspicions about who posted in the "I'm still waiting for my module" category.

Originally Posted by Photojob
    I was part of last years group buy , all delivered as promised.
    This should confirm that Photojob was a past buyer.
    The following users liked this post:
    baelim (03-02-2016)
    Old 03-02-2016, 04:08 PM
    Racer

thanks Ron. I couldn't ask for more.
    Old 03-04-2016, 08:43 AM
    Racer

Hey guys now that things have quieted down again I'd like to share on a project I've been working on my TLX.

A couple of weeks back when things got pretty crazy at the Navtool thread I started to theorize that Acuras may have innate HDMI capabilities and that exploiting it might offer a cheaper but perhaps more simple-featured alternative compared to installing a third party module.

After a few hurdles trying to find the correct OEM parts with some fellow Acurazine members I'm finally gonna be confirming (or failing miserably at) my attempt to module-less smartphone mirroring this weekend. My hope is that those who have an interest in mirroring their smartphones to their Acuras will have a solid module-less option.

You can follow the progress at the below link but I'll be sharing my findings across this thread if I'm successful

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...-922579/page3/

Last edited by baelim; 03-04-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    Old 03-04-2016, 03:50 PM
    User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Nav tool for TLX

Hi all, I actually went to their website and called them...seems like a pretty elaborate setup (videos and such) if it is indeed a scam. The sales rep indicated that they are out of stock, that is why the TLX link does not work, and takes you right to the TSX product link. He said if I wanted to pre-order, I could do so, and he would email me an order form...which I received right away. I want to be hopeful on this, as I would love to have a composite video and hdmi input. I am also trying to show common sense here with not sending in my credit card until at least someone gets the actual item.

so my question becomes, other than Ron (suspected alliance with Navtool) has anyone actually received or knows someone who has gotten a Nav tool for any Acura vehicle?...and if so, can they post some pics with it working? Supply some feedback as to the product? I find it hard to beleive there is only this one company who makes a video interface for the Acura TLX...since there are countless products for this and other auto brands.

Anyway, I really WANT to buy into this, but very hesitant at the moment....thanks all....I just got my TLX SH AWD TECH (Elite in Canada) in Pearl White with Aero kit. Just wish I could somehow have gotten the 19's with it. (other than buying from parts department) I still have my 13 year old TL Type S in Pearl White, and runs great! In fact, simpler car from simpler times. Between these, and my MDX and NSX, I could be in an Acura comercial. Here's hoping for good news on Nav tool....
    Old 03-04-2016, 03:55 PM
    Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
    Originally Posted by Sylcurt
    Hi all, I actually went to their website and called them...seems like a pretty elaborate setup (videos and such) if it is indeed a scam. The sales rep indicated that they are out of stock, that is why the TLX link does not work, and takes you right to the TSX product link. He said if I wanted to pre-order, I could do so, and he would email me an order form...which I received right away. I want to be hopeful on this, as I would love to have a composite video and hdmi input. I am also trying to show common sense here with not sending in my credit card until at least someone gets the actual item.

so my question becomes, other than Ron (suspected alliance with Navtool) has anyone actually received or knows someone who has gotten a Nav tool for any Acura vehicle?...and if so, can they post some pics with it working? Supply some feedback as to the product? I find it hard to beleive there is only this one company who makes a video interface for the Acura TLX...since there are countless products for this and other auto brands.

Anyway, I really WANT to buy into this, but very hesitant at the moment....thanks all....I just got my TLX SH AWD TECH (Elite in Canada) in Pearl White with Aero kit. Just wish I could somehow have gotten the 19's with it. (other than buying from parts department) I still have my 13 year old TL Type S in Pearl White, and runs great! In fact, simpler car from simpler times. Between these, and my MDX and NSX, I could be in an Acura comercial. Here's hoping for good news on Nav tool....
    Read the forum. You would best served waiting till they actually ship a product. They have missed ship dates and people have had trouble getting refunds on their preorders, thus ending up disputing with credit card company.
    Old 03-04-2016, 05:51 PM
    Advanced

Don't send them any money!!! They are eager to take your money even though they have nothing to show for. I was one of the prebuy person back in December. I asked them for my money back few weeks ago and this is the response I get:

"Hi accounting notified me that you started chargeback and we have no control over transaction, banks usually take 60-90 days to resolve chargeback and refund you."

Really??!! You going to tell me you can't refund my CC???

My advise is go with Naviks, I just purchased their product recently and works perfectly!
    Old 03-04-2016, 05:52 PM
    Advanced

Here's my experience with Naviks.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-...erface-942416/
    Old 03-04-2016, 05:59 PM
    Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
    Originally Posted by Sylcurt

This is going to be my second NavTool

my old TL https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...avtool-932497/

P.S. stay away from naviks, my buddy installed it in his MDX, it flickers all the time.
    Old 03-04-2016, 07:36 PM
    Advanced

My Naviks has been perfect so far with no issues. I'm glad at least they deliver a product after it's paid. IMHO, I support a product that has good customer service and a reliable product and not a phantom product.

Last edited by Reinnie; 03-04-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    Old 03-05-2016, 12:56 AM
    Racer

Guys, please keep competing products out of this thread. We're here only to provide and receive updates on the pre-order of the NavTool device. Ya'lls gonna get this thread shut down!
    The following users liked this post:
    808tesh (03-07-2016)
    Old 03-05-2016, 09:31 AM
    Racer

you're right to assume that some members in this forum might be in cohort with navtool and others are dead set against it. also only navtool knows whether they'll deliver it or not so it's useless to speculate on the matter. part of the reason I started this poll was to get some irrefutable numbers for comparison rather than opinions biased or otherwise so we know where we stand as a group.

the poll sample tells us that more than half the folks are still bidding their time towards navtool while the rest have cancelled and/or are in the process of disputing the credit card charges. the numbers are likely to shift with each passing day if navtool does not deliver their promised product but at this point this will be subject to our own tolerance levels as well as personal opinions.

the most important thing in my mind is that buyers stick together. perhaps set a hard date of our own to force navtool's hand? or a group email that copies everyone involved perhaps. one thing i disliked about navtool's strategy is they've taken this group buy away from the forums and into individual emails where we have less visibility. emails from the CEO may sound like a direct route but in truth everyone has been left to fend for themselves when we as a group we could make a better statement.
    Old 03-05-2016, 01:15 PM
    Racer

Update: NavTool has decided to dispute my CC dispute with AMEX. Not sure how they plan to dispute when my cancellation request is documented already here and through email. Anyhow, I'm providing this thread and the original Navtool 2014+ Pre-Order thread to AMEX for records showing that the product has yet to ship but also that I cancelled back on February 19, 2016.
    Old 03-05-2016, 01:21 PM
    Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
    Originally Posted by neoshi
    Update: NavTool has decided to dispute my CC dispute with AMEX. Not sure how they plan to dispute when my cancellation request is documented already here and through email. Anyhow, I'm providing this thread and the original Navtool 2014+ Pre-Order thread to AMEX for records showing that the product has yet to ship but also that I cancelled back on February 19, 2016.
    if you ask us to cancel the order, but open a dispute at the same time. We don't dispute anything, its now between your credit card company and our credit card processor.

Simply if you want a refund ask us and wait fro it to be processed.
    Old 03-05-2016, 01:26 PM
    Advanced

Originally Posted by neoshi
    That's exactly the issue I have with NavTool. I've never used their product so I can't say if they have a good product.

Based on my experience, I think they're running a shady business.

Why can't NavTool refund the money back to those who requested???
    Old 03-05-2016, 01:45 PM
    Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
    Originally Posted by navtool.com
    if you ask us to cancel the order, but open a dispute at the same time. We don't dispute anything, its now between your credit card company and our credit card processor.

Simply if you want a refund ask us and wait fro it to be processed.
    Exactly how long would he have to wait for the request to be processed by you?

Since you have never (or at least almost never) fulfilled a purchase, there shouldn't be any problem in posting the credit immediately.

What would be the reason for a delay?
    Old 03-05-2016, 01:48 PM
    Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
    Originally Posted by Ron A
    Exactly how long would he have to wait for the request to be processed by you?

Since you have never (or at least almost never) fulfilled a purchase, there shouldn't be any problem in posting the credit immediately.

What would be the reason for a delay?
    phone or online orders can take 7-10 business days to appear