May car sales down

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by dzionny_dzionassi
LOL, you must be joking, because TLX is a joke.. Look, how cheap it is compared to TL.
Took 2016 TLX sh-awd as a loaner for few days. materials not much better than accords. It drove ok, but it just screamed "i am cheap".
Same thing goes with mdx, it is just low cost. All Acura products in this Acura generation was developed during recession and there is nothing they can offer to me.... Thats why I am in market for 2014 TL. Because what they have on a show floor now, is a joke.
Materials are no Lexus or Audi but the TLX doesn't feel cheap, that's full retard.
The following users liked this post:
07Acuradude (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
Materials are no Lexus or Audi but the TLX doesn't feel cheap, that's full retard.
exactly, it is not even TL materials. But it is better compared to TSX.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Sorry but the TLX doesn't match the TL in quality in materials like others have said here. I can even tell in the pictures all the hard plastic everywhere.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^is that an SS in your avatar?!?
when did you pick it up!? six speed?????? my buddy has a '15 in white.

Last edited by justnspace; 07-07-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:28 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
It has been done quite few times before when me and someone else compared the TLX to cars with non premium badges...is not like it did not happen before....
Aren't you the guy who suggested we should run out and buy a Chrysler 200 over the TLX? Isn't the 200 such a bad car that Chrysler is ending production???
Perhaps it's not the suggestion of cross-shopping that destroys your credibility but rather the cars you think would be a better choice.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by justnspace
Yes. Very short lived actually. Had it for 6 months and sold it. Family didn't like it and never wanted to ride in it. Too loud, rough ride, and poor gas mileage. So I am back to my Camry now till I get something new beginning of next year. Just wanting to pay all my stuff off right now. Probably will be a Lexus GS350 but also considering the TLX or RLX.....

The following 2 users liked this post by pimpin-tl:
justnspace (07-11-2016), TacoBello (07-10-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
Is that your buddy in that lowered white with black top SS I have seen around the Stafford Missouri City area? That is such an awesome looking car.

I was seriously considering an SS but thought better of it. I'd never keep my foot out of it
TacoBello (07-10-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Aren't you the guy who suggested we should run out and buy a Chrysler 200 over the TLX? Isn't the 200 such a bad car that Chrysler is ending production???
Perhaps it's not the suggestion of cross-shopping that destroys your credibility but rather the cars you think would be a better choice.
I did not say you should run and buy a Chrysler 200 but in its S V6 form and AWD is definitely worth a look considering the money you save (negotiating and with rebates you can realistically get a 200 V6 AWD loaded to the hilt for 32K or so, dynamically is not that far off (The TLX is not exactly a handling champion) and it has tech and amenities not available on the TLX SH-AWD)....the 200 shortcomings are the horrendous 4 cylinder Tigershark engine (the target volume seller engine) and that it is a bit cramped in the back compared to the mainstream midsize competition.
FCA is selling boatloads of SUVs (Jeeps and Dodge Durango) and it has taken the decision (wrongly in my book) to direct its R&D resources and production plant capacity to higher profit margin vehicles assuming that (risky assumption) low gas prices are here to stay....probably Mazda is going to build the 200 successor (Mazda already provides the Miata bones for the Fiat 124 Spider). Dodge is allegedly going to be a performance oriented RWD only brand so the Dart and Caravan are gone and the Journey replacement should be based on the Alfa Romeo RWD based upcoming SUV (built on the new Giulia platform which will be used for the next generation Charger and Challenger and the new upcoming Barracuda)

As for pimpin-tl, coming from a TL SH-AWD and a Chevrolet SS no wonder he considers the TLX a joke as a sport sedan.
Incidentally, yesterday while I was waiting for a DAS software update on my Q50 Sport I test drove the new Q50 Red Sport 400.....ohh boy (and even the regular 300 HP Sport is no slouch).....TLX SH-AWD?? Ahahahahahah!!!

Last edited by saturno_v; 07-08-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Banned

...by the way, before someone say "Ohh it's GM by the way, it's crap", well this is the level of interior detail that you get on a current 46K GM sport sedan with 415 HP, Brembo brakes and magnetorheological adaptive dampers...

Attached Thumbnails May car sales down-mm_gal_item_c2_2.img_resize.img_stage._0.jpg  
Old 07-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
^seriously? This guy who gets a hard on from his q50 is still here? We get it man, if you could bone your q, you would.

Its just a q50 man, not a porsche. No need to act like youre driving a supercar.

Last edited by mondster; 07-08-2016 at 07:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mondster:
a35tl (07-09-2016), Stew4HD (07-09-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Sorry but the TLX doesn't match the TL in quality in materials like others have said here. I can even tell in the pictures all the hard plastic everywhere.
i suspect the TLX is in Kia Optima territory or slightly above for materials, but having had a 4G TL I agree the leather and seating is not in same league as the TL, TLX is more like TSX grade materials. So they took the sub frame of the TL, split the difference in dimensions and took the material quality out of the TSX and you have a TLX.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Safety Car

I did not say you should run and buy a Chrysler 200 but in its S V6 form and AWD is definitely worth a look considering the money you save (negotiating and with rebates you can realistically get a 200 V6 AWD loaded to the hilt for 32K or so, dynamically is not that far off (The TLX is not exactly a handling champion) and it has tech and amenities not available on the TLX SH-AWD)....the 200 shortcomings are the horrendous 4 cylinder Tigershark engine (the target volume seller engine) and that it is a bit cramped in the back compared to the mainstream midsize competition.
FCA is selling boatloads of SUVs (Jeeps and Dodge Durango) and it has taken the decision (wrongly in my book) to direct its R&D resources and production plant capacity to higher profit margin vehicles assuming that (risky assumption) low gas prices are here to stay....probably Mazda is going to build the 200 successor (Mazda already provides the Miata bones for the Fiat 124 Spider). Dodge is allegedly going to be a performance oriented RWD only brand so the Dart and Caravan are gone and the Journey replacement should be based on the Alfa Romeo RWD based upcoming SUV (built on the new Giulia platform which will be used for the next generation Charger and Challenger and the new upcoming Barracuda)

As for pimpin-tl, coming from a TL SH-AWD and a Chevrolet SS no wonder he considers the TLX a joke as a sport sedan.
Incidentally, yesterday while I was waiting for a DAS software update on my Q50 Sport I test drove the new Q50 Red Sport 400.....ohh boy (and even the regular 300 HP Sport is no slouch).....TLX SH-AWD?? Ahahahahahah!!!
I really want to check one of the Sport 400s out too. But man, the Q50 leg room is very tight in the back for adults! I love the car though!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Safety Car

...by the way, before someone say "Ohh it's GM by the way, it's crap", well this is the level of interior detail that you get on a current 46K GM sport sedan with 415 HP, Brembo brakes and magnetorheological adaptive dampers...
Yep, the interior definitely wasn't crap. Highest quality interior for any American product I have been in. But the seats could use more padding and even with the MAG ride, the suspension was a bit stiff still.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
i suspect the TLX is in Kia Optima territory or slightly above for materials, but having had a 4G TL I agree the leather and seating is not in same league as the TL, TLX is more like TSX grade materials. So they took the sub frame of the TL, split the difference in dimensions and took the material quality out of the TSX and you have a TLX.
Amen
Old 07-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mondster
^seriously? This guy who gets a hard on from his q50 is still here? We get it man, if you could bone your q, you would.

Its just a q50 man, not a porsche. No need to act like youre driving a supercar.
Hard on for a Q50?? LOL....I do not even consider it a second choice for the price....but it could have been much worse...I could be stuck with a TLX....

Old 07-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KeithL
Keith that has been my point all along....from the 4G TL era the mainstream midzise segment progressed where the TLX went backwards...nowdays there are mainstream sedans that are more desirable and more performance oriented choices than a TLX and as refined as the TLX...the TLX is Honda cashing its check on its reliability reputation...it will make money because of the cost cutting and enough true believers still around to buy it.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:15 AM
Burning Brakes

but it could have been much worse...I could be stuck with a TLX....
Funny cause thats how i feel about the q50...
Old 07-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Wow, sure a lot of hate around here recently
Stew4HD (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by wlkeel
Wow, sure a lot of hate around here recently
Funny how it's the same person in the middle of it most every time
The following 2 users liked this post by Stew4HD:
a35tl (07-09-2016), wlkeel (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Funny how it's the same person in the middle of it most every time
Really?? It seems to me the crowd is growing...including current owners...
Old 07-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Keith that has been my point all along....from the 4G TL era the mainstream midzise segment progressed where the TLX went backwards...nowdays there are mainstream sedans that are more desirable and more performance oriented choices than a TLX and as refined as the TLX...the TLX is Honda cashing its check on its reliability reputation...it will make money because of the cost cutting and enough true believers still around to buy it.
i keep hoping Genesis will do a Azera refresh and go AWD and make it a TLX competitor then let the Hyundai line too out with the Sonata.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
the TLX is Honda cashing its check on its reliability reputation
Bogus argument. The 4G TL was never at the top of the game anyway, middle pack at best. I would have never bought it, unlike 3G and 5G. The TLX defends itself very well against trolling Nissan fanboys.

Out of the 340i, I don't see any other competitor that I would want more. Yeah I want a 6 pot.

Last edited by Saintor; 07-10-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Banned

Bogus argument. The 4G TL was never at the top of the game anyway, middle pack at best. I would have never bought it, unlike 3G and 5G. The TLX defends itself very well against trolling Nissan fanboys.

Out of the 340i, I don't see any other competitor that I would want more. Yeah I want a 6 pot.
The 4G walks on top and away from the TLX, it is pretty much common opinion including of some TLX owners and even admitted by a senior Acura salesperson I personally talked to...you are definitely in the minority....is that you the one that once said that "upgraded" from a Lexus GS350 to a TLX??

Last edited by saturno_v; 07-10-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Safety Car

You make me laugh. Because you own it, it's the best right? Sorry but its not and far from it.
The following 2 users liked this post by pimpin-tl:
TacoBello (07-10-2016), weather (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Safety Car

The 4G walks on top and away from the TLX, it is pretty much common opinion including of some TLX owners and even admitted by a senior Acura salesperson I personally talked to...you are definitely in the minority....is that you the one that once said that "upgraded" from a Lexus GS350 to a TLX??
Now if he actually said that, that makes me laugh. The GS350 has one of the nicest interiors I have been in.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Opinions are subjective. Just because "some" tlx owners have the same opinion doesnt mean its the the general consensus. How sure are you that the majority agrees with your opinion? Have you done a survey with a significant sample size to back your claim?

Btw, i just closed a deal on a q50 for a buddy. After driving the car again, id say im still happy with my choice going with the tlx. My opinion remained unchanged, and no, i dont go to a q50 forum trolling everyone that they made the wrong choice. Im starting to think youngo here to justify you choosing the q50.over the tlx. I mean, are you that insecure with your choice? Again, why not stick to the q50 forums with your buddies who share the same opinion, and continue to praise your godly q50 together. Maybe even start a cult!
a35tl (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Safety Car

Opinions are subjective. Just because "some" tlx owners have the same opinion doesnt mean its the the general consensus. How sure are you that the majority agrees with your opinion? Have you done a survey with a significant sample size to back your claim?

Btw, i just closed a deal on a q50 for a buddy. After driving the car again, id say im still happy with my choice going with the tlx. My opinion remained unchanged, and no, i dont go to a q50 forum trolling everyone that they made the wrong choice. Im starting to think youngo here to justify you choosing the q50.over the tlx. I mean, are you that insecure with your choice? Again, why not stick to the q50 forums with your buddies who share the same opinion, and continue to praise your godly q50 together. Maybe even start a cult!
I believe he has had a few Acura's like most of us here. I have had many and will say the TLX is a step backwards from the TL in both quality and looks.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

You make me laugh. Because you own it, it's the best right? Sorry but its not and far from it.
Isnt this the same opinion of that q50 fanboy who seem to got lost here in the tlx forums?

Also, i can say the same to you... just because u didnt buy it, doesnt mean its not the better choice.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Burning Brakes

I believe he has had a few Acura's like most of us here. I have had many and will say the TLX is a step backwards from the TL in both quality and looks.
Again very subjective. You think the tlx is a step backward in looks over the 4g.... and yet the 4g has always been regarded as one of the ugliest cars acura built.
TacoBello (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
I have a TLX and 2010 TL. TLX seems to be going more in the luxury direction (styling) than the TL, but interior material and build quality is far superior in the TL. The TL also feels more solid, I have the AWD model so I'm not sure how the FWD is as I've never driven it. If Acura can beef up materials in the TLX interior I think the car would be praised even more. For the money you pay though, you can't beat the TLX.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Safety Car

Again very subjective. You think the tlx is a step backward in looks over the 4g.... and yet the 4g has always been regarded as one of the ugliest cars acura built.
It was till the refresh and the refresh made it look great. Alright, I get it. You like yours. Good for you. But the quality isn't much better than a Honda Accord now. It can't compare to Infiniti or Lexus or any other Luxury brand. I loved my Acura and my favorite was my 3G TL-S.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

It was till the refresh and the refresh made it look great. Alright, I get it. You like yours. Good for you. But the quality isn't much better than a Honda Accord now. It can't compare to Infiniti or Lexus or any other Luxury brand. I loved my Acura and my favorite was my 3G TL-S.
Lexus, definitely not. Q50, maybe. Ive always felt that the q50 interior has more of a boy racer feel, and the tlx more grown up.

Actually even after the 4g refresh, it was still not considered great. I think more "palatable" was the word used by the majority.

Last edited by mondster; 07-10-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Safety Car

Lexus, definitely not
Any. Not just Lexus. There are regular brand cars that have better interiors than the TLX. Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Mazda 6, and so on.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Any. Not just Lexus. There are regular brand cars that have better interiors than the TLX. Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Mazda 6, and so on.
Again, subjective. Kinda like you saying that the refreshed 4g looked "great"
Old 07-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Banned

Isnt this the same opinion of that q50 fanboy who seem to got lost here in the tlx forums?

Also, i can say the same to you... just because u didnt buy it, doesnt mean its not the better choice.
I love you you throw the "Q50 fanboy" label...it was not even my car, it was my wife car until we got the Grand Cherokee SRT....but compared to the TLX?? Head and shoulder above, not even a context, especially with the new engines....
Old 07-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Safety Car

Again, subjective. Kinda like you saying that the refreshed 4g looked "great"
I'm done. You are blinded because you own the car.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm done. You are blinded because you own the car.
Not really. There are times when i still wish i went with the gs350. Btw, I owned a 4g and while i like it, i can say that its not the best looking car. Same with the tlx. Car looks bland to me. I prefer the looks of the q50. But in the end there were features that the tlx had that i preferred.

Just because i dont agree to all your opinions, doesnt mean im blinded cause i own the car. Im just open minded, unlike some people here.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Safety Car

Seems to me you aren't the one open minded. We are since we don't own either car currently.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Burning Brakes

I love you you throw the "Q50 fanboy" label...it was not even my car, it was my wife car until we got the Grand Cherokee SRT....but compared to the TLX?? Head and shoulder above, not even a context, especially with the new engines....
That even makes it worse, you dont even the car and yet you defend it with your life... to the point that you troll these forums trying to rub it in everyones face that they made the wrong choice.
The following 2 users liked this post by mondster:
a35tl (07-10-2016), Stew4HD (07-11-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Seems to me you aren't the one open minded. We are since we don't own either car currently.
Lol. I wouldnt be admitting the things i just said if i wasnt open minded. Id continue to praise praise the tlx like how saturno praises the q50. Read his post... "head and shoulder above". Lol. Talking like the q50 is a porsche. Now that is a closed minded person talking.

Last edited by mondster; 07-10-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: May car sales down