Just Bought: 2016 TLX SH-AWD Elite A-SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool Just Bought: 2016 TLX SH-AWD Elite A-SPEC

Hey Everyone,
I'm so thrilled, i managed to get my hands on a brand new fully-loaded 2016 TLX SH-AWD Elite A-SPEC yesterday and she'll be ready for pickup on Friday! I'm extremely lucky being able to scoop up one of very few 2016's that are out at select Canadian dealers ahead of general availability. I'm guessing it was meant to replace the showroom vehicle after they cleared out the 2015s.

I also have great news for the community... Acura is re-introducing the A-SPEC package for the 2016s! I however believe this is only a cosmetic kit, replacing last year's aero "launch kit".

The A-SPEC kit will arrive mid-november so i'll be driving her around naked for a couple weeks.

The A-SPEC Package Contains:
-Aero Kit (Front, Rear & Side Underbody Spoilers)
-Rear Decklid Spoiler
-19" Alloy Wheels
-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 245/40ZR19
-A-SPEC Fender Badging

MSRP $3999

-

I've searched the forum and wasn't able to find anything concrete about the 2016 TLX or the A-SPEC kit, am i the only one?!

Last edited by Mr. ShawnJ007; 11-04-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I can't wait to see it! I ordered the same car but it's non-A-SPEC. I'd love to see pics and hopefully if I like it they can get me the kit as an add-on. The wider tires would be nice for summer although I'm unsure about going to 19's. I thought the prior aero kit was ugly, so I'm hoping this one looks less tacked on.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Congrats. Pics of the "A-Spec" kit please when you get the car. I kind of have a feeling it's just the aero kit, based on your description. But if it's different and good looking, I'd be interested to see if it'll fit on the 2015 (I assume so since nothing major changed for exterior styling).
Old 11-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by youngTL
I can't wait to see it! I ordered the same car but it's non-A-SPEC. I'd love to see pics and hopefully if I like it they can get me the kit as an add-on. The wider tires would be nice for summer although I'm unsure about going to 19's. I thought the prior aero kit was ugly, so I'm hoping this one looks less tacked on.
What's your delivery date?

I know what you mean, the 2015 kit did look like a tacked on mask instead of a more seamless integration, especially in white. I got her in black so i'm hoping it will be great when all is said and done.

I love the suspense of not knowing what the kit looks like though! I saw A-SPEC and went nuts in the moment :o)

Originally Posted by kongx7
Congrats. Pics of the "A-Spec" kit please when you get the car. I kind of have a feeling it's just the aero kit, based on your description. But if it's different and good looking, I'd be interested to see if it'll fit on the 2015 (I assume so since nothing major changed for exterior styling).
Thanks, will do, i'll provide solid before and after pics.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. ShawnJ007
What's your delivery date?

I know what you mean, the 2015 kit did look like a tacked on mask instead of a more seamless integration, especially in white. I got her in black so i'm hoping it will be great when all is said and done.

I love the suspense of not knowing what the kit looks like though! I saw A-SPEC and went nuts in the moment :o)
My delivery date is DECEMBER 7-10! I ordered Obsidian Blue Pearl with the black interior (not like there was another interior option, lol). The car is just being built starting mid month this month. Apparently the OBP colour is the last one to be produced on the assembly line order.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
curious to see pictures of the A-Spec kit installed.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Advanced

My delivery date is DECEMBER 7-10! I ordered Obsidian Blue Pearl with the black interior (not like there was another interior option, lol). The car is just being built starting mid month this month. Apparently the OBP colour is the last one to be produced on the assembly line order.
Nice! My sales guy disrespected me and i brought that to the GMs attention, so he had his tail between his legs when I revisited a few days later. I was then very particular with my demands and forced him to show me their inventory list so that i could choose whatever i wanted (instead of him prejudging and telling me what i should get again). I saw the 2016 in Crystal Black Pearl (ebony black interior) and put my name on it right away.

The Espresso interior looks awesome though, i would've waited for it but i just got a hole in the flex hose part of my 2003 TL's OBX headers and didnt want to put any more money in to that car so i needed something asap.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
no extra power?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NwTSXmt
no extra power?
Not unless the badge adds 5HP

I believe all of the 2016 A-SPEC packages are only cosmetic enhancements.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
And still no exposed exhaust tips? Uh oh!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
good for OP, but seen the A-Spec items, i can live without it. not a big fan of aero kit on a mid-size sedan, it reeks 90's, and wheels and tires can be added separately without the packaging. the things would make this a real A-Spec package are missing: alcantara sport seats, red guage, black headliner
Old 11-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Not unless the badge adds 5HP

I believe all of the 2016 A-SPEC packages are only cosmetic enhancements.
I'm really learning towards the idea that their A Spec is just the existing aero kit, trunk lid spoiler, and 19 inch "diamond cut" rims, and they'll slap on the A Spec badge.
The website doesn't even offer A Spec kit as an exterior accessory when trying to build one online.
...just saying......
Old 11-04-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
I just like how Canada get an "Elite" trim level in an effort to help them build self esteem
Old 11-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by kevTL888
good for OP, but seen the A-Spec items, i can live without it. not a big fan of aero kit on a mid-size sedan, it reeks 90's, and wheels and tires can be added separately without the packaging. the things would make this a real A-Spec package are missing: alcantara sport seats, red guage, black headliner
The constant scraping of the front lip of the aero kit on driveways and other places was an issue on my 4G
Old 11-04-2015, 12:33 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Congratulations, can't wait to see the pics of it..
Old 11-04-2015, 06:19 PM

Nice! My sales guy disrespected me and i brought that to the GMs attention, so he had his tail between his legs when I revisited a few days later. I was then very particular with my demands and forced him to show me their inventory list so that i could choose whatever i wanted (instead of him prejudging and telling me what i should get again). I saw the 2016 in Crystal Black Pearl (ebony black interior) and put my name on it right away.

The Espresso interior looks awesome though, i would've waited for it but i just got a hole in the flex hose part of my 2003 TL's OBX headers and didnt want to put any more money in to that car so i needed something asap.
Yeah the inventory on the Obsidian Blue Pearl is very small. It's not a hot seller colour. Apparently I'm getting the only Elite OBP in Alberta until the next round.

I was going to get a '15, but the first dealer I went to sucked and told me they had a CBP in stock when they actually didn't. Then I also decided I didn't want another black car. I mean, blue is only slightly easier to take care of than black, but it's still easier and I like this particular blue they have. I could have got a deep discount on a '15, but I feel it was better to wait for a later build and the colour I wanted.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I feel dumb for asking this, but what has changed for the 2016 TLX? is it just the Aspec Trim?
Old 11-04-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by banana13
I feel dumb for asking this, but what has changed for the 2016 TLX? is it just the Aspec Trim?
Absolutely fuck all. LOL.

It's a carry over. However, in Canada there's a couple minor things:

1. A-SPEC is offered as an add-on accessory package (I will wait to see what it actually is and if it's different from the aero kit).

2. V6 TLX's in Canada from 2016 going forward are ALL SH-AWD. None of them are FWD. They have ceased offering the FWD V6 completely. Note that Lexus did the same with the IS350 (AWD only now for 2016). I4 is still FWD like before.

3. A possible updated build/software for the 9AT. Don't know much about this one at all. Could be true or not.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Congrats.

until pics.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Skeptical about the aspec kit. Id say 95% chance that its the same as the aero kit. Hoping im wrong
Old 11-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Mr.Shawn....Congrats on your new TLX A-SPEC!! I will be excited to see the pics and let me say that I like the bodykit of the TLX - especially after seeing it in the flesh. Everyone has their opinion on the look of the Body kit but i like it myself and confident that you will drool when you see the whole thing installed.....So COngrats and can't wait to see the pics.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kongx7
I'm really learning towards the idea that their A Spec is just the existing aero kit, trunk lid spoiler, and 19 inch "diamond cut" rims, and they'll slap on the A Spec badge.
The website doesn't even offer A Spec kit as an exterior accessory when trying to build one online.
...just saying......
You're right, the sales guy did refer to the A-SPEC kit as the same as last years Aero kit. I have a goodie for you guys, the internal bulletin that announces its release and also mentions the part number in case you want to get it yourself.

I havent seen if the kit is any different compared to last year, but they do state that its unchanged. Did last years come with rims too?

Originally Posted by JT4
Congratulations, can't wait to see the pics of it..
Thanks!

Yeah the inventory on the Obsidian Blue Pearl is very small. It's not a hot seller colour. Apparently I'm getting the only Elite OBP in Alberta until the next round.

I was going to get a '15, but the first dealer I went to sucked and told me they had a CBP in stock when they actually didn't. Then I also decided I didn't want another black car. I mean, blue is only slightly easier to take care of than black, but it's still easier and I like this particular blue they have. I could have got a deep discount on a '15, but I feel it was better to wait for a later build and the colour I wanted.
The 2016 was a better bet for sure, we have the latest factory revision of the 9-Speed Transmission from XF, which is even newer than the ones they provided for replacements in 2015 models.

https://www.zf.com/corporate/en_de/p...nsmission.html

Originally Posted by banana13
Nothing else other than what i've mentioned and this is just from my perspective and from what i've heard. Somethings may have been refined a little more based on complaints and feedback. Only time will tell, but its essentially the exact same vehicle.

Bulletin: A-SPEC Package for 2016

The suspense is definitely building on what the A-SPEC kit will look like. Winter is about to show its teeth up here so i wont be putting on the A-SPEC rims when the kit arrives in 2 weeks, I'll take pics of them though.

The car looks identical to a 2015 right now as it stands without the kit, cant wait for Friday!!!

Last edited by Mr. ShawnJ007; 11-04-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts
I have no regrets about purchasing the Aero kit for my 2015. I did not get the rear spoiler, and I still have the stock 18 inch wheels. Although the effects are subtle (I too was a little taken back that the front and rear are two small pieces), every time I see it, it grows on me. To this day, I still turns heads from pedestrians and other drivers. Or maybe that is from my dashing good looks.

Probably both.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ATXTLX
I have no regrets about purchasing the Aero kit for my 2015. I did not get the rear spoiler, and I still have the stock 18 inch wheels. Although the effects are subtle (I too was a little taken back that the front and rear are two small pieces), every time I see it, it grows on me. To this day, I still turns heads from pedestrians and other drivers. Or maybe that is from my dashing good looks.

Probably both.
Hahaha, you know i actually went in there saying "i'm not fond of the new look, but i saw a shiny black one late at night with a full aero kit on it, and it struck a cord." It definitely is a good looking addition!
Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Congrats on the new car. As for the revision to the 9HP, I'm not sure anyone knows yet what changes were made and when they were slipped into the production line. They may not even be in production yet.

It is going to piss off a lot of people if they fixed the 9HP and left their first 45,000 customers driving a marginal version.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM

Probably both.
It's the beard. It has to be. The car draws the initial look and they keep staring once they see into the window.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new car!!
I will be waiting to see how this A-spec looks installed
Old 11-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Advanced

Congrats on your new car! Just spoke to the parts guy at Acura and he said the kit is the same, no changes ��
Old 11-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Advanced

Hey everyone, sorry for leaving you hanging... i picked up my new ride on Friday and I absolutely love it!!! I was supposed to do a quick photoshoot earlier Today, but my brother (photographer) got tied up with something else.

With that I figured I might as well wait until the A-SPEC kit comes in (2 weeks), and is installed before doing the shoot as there is no cosmetic difference between the 2015 and 2016. I will capture before and after pics though.

Originally Posted by HottnesTLX
Congrats on your new car! Just spoke to the parts guy at Acura and he said the kit is the same, no changes ��
Thanks! I believe you're right, i've asked for clarification especially due to the new part number and they said "they expect it" to be the exact same as last year. I'm still hoping its not what anyone expects

None the less, the car looks incredible and driving it is absolute bliss! No issues with the transmission, its buttery smooth, but i did notice that the "AI" in the vehicle tends to play a role in its shifting. I had my suspicions that some drivers with the abrupt shifting issue might not understand that the vehicle senses many things such as how much gas you're giving it, how much load is on the transmission/engine, you're usual driving behavior and which IDS mode you have engaged.

I was actually able to reproduce the abrupt shift by... pussy-footing (aka granny-pedaling) the gas as it shifts through to 3rd. I don't want to shift the topic of this thread to the transmission issue, but for those who face the issue daily, try the following:

-Use premium gas (91+ Octane), you pay a little more but you'll literally get more bang for your buck and the vehicle will appreciate that. The engine wont have to work as hard to produce the same amount of power output.

-Work out your engine and tranny by stretching your gears (as you would a muscle). Accelerate to 70kph/45mph using only the first 3 gears (on safe roads) several times per day for a while. If you pussy-foot, or keep the throttle in the exact same position (eco-driving habits), the ECU will hesitate to shift smoothly because you've taught it to be a sissy and are simply not giving it enough indication to switch vs. hold the gear until the hold "times out" and hits you with a hard shift.

To explain what i'm recommending better, try giving it a little more gas as it climbs RPMs and release just a little as it shifts. Basically throwing your engine power ahead a little and the transmission will begin to "catch" that power using the friction to shift smoothly as it should.

I think the root cause of the problem (besides engineering oversight) is the fact that most residential / city limits are right in the "sour-spot" of this extensive transmission... right where it needs a little more power to shift so its holding the gear instead of shifting. Plain and simple, the transmission needs more inbound power (or weight in the vehicle / load on the engine) to shift right then and there, so give it extra gas it needs beforehand and then relax once it switches. Learn your vehicle and transmission or it'll smack ya until you do

I hope this helps those who are frustrated, it really is an amazing vehicle!

I'll keep ya'll posted on the kit and photoshoot, have a great week!
Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Hey everyone, sorry for leaving you hanging... i picked up my new ride on Friday and I absolutely love it!!! I was supposed to do a quick photoshoot earlier Today, but my brother (photographer) got tied up with something else.

With that I figured I might as well wait until the A-SPEC kit comes in (2 weeks), and is installed before doing the shoot as there is no cosmetic difference between the 2015 and 2016. I will capture before and after pics though.

Thanks! I believe you're right, i've asked for clarification especially due to the new part number and they said "they expect it" to be the exact same as last year. I'm still hoping its not what anyone expects

None the less, the car looks incredible and driving it is absolute bliss! No issues with the transmission, its buttery smooth, but i did notice that the "AI" in the vehicle tends to play a role in its shifting. I had my suspicions that some drivers with the abrupt shifting issue might not understand that the vehicle senses many things such as how much gas you're giving it, how much load is on the transmission/engine, you're usual driving behavior and which IDS mode you have engaged.

I was actually able to reproduce the abrupt shift by... pussy-footing (aka granny-pedaling) the gas as it shifts through to 3rd. I don't want to shift the topic of this thread to the transmission issue, but for those who face the issue daily, try the following:

-Use premium gas (91+ Octane), you pay a little more but you'll literally get more bang for your buck and the vehicle will appreciate that. The engine wont have to work as hard to produce the same amount of power output.

-Work out your engine and tranny by stretching your gears (as you would a muscle). Accelerate to 70kph/45mph using only the first 3 gears (on safe roads) several times per day for a while. If you pussy-foot, or keep the throttle in the exact same position (eco-driving habits), the ECU will hesitate to shift smoothly because you've taught it to be a sissy and are simply not giving it enough indication to switch vs. hold the gear until the hold "times out" and hits you with a hard shift.

To explain what i'm recommending better, try giving it a little more gas as it climbs RPMs and release just a little as it shifts. Basically throwing your engine power ahead a little and the transmission will begin to "catch" that power using the friction to shift smoothly as it should.

I think the root cause of the problem (besides engineering oversight) is the fact that most residential / city limits are right in the "sour-spot" of this extensive transmission... right where it needs a little more power to shift so its holding the gear instead of shifting. Plain and simple, the transmission needs more inbound power (or weight in the vehicle / load on the engine) to shift right then and there, so give it extra gas it needs beforehand and then relax once it switches. Learn your vehicle and transmission or it'll smack ya until you do

I hope this helps those who are frustrated, it really is an amazing vehicle!

I'll keep ya'll posted on the kit and photoshoot, have a great week!

Shawn, at first, I was about to bring up a lot of old emotions about my 9 speed tranny and say that you are just another person trying to convince us the issue is not real...

But then I kept reading your post, and you are precisely correct. The way the initial tranny is set up is that it requires more weight, and engine power, to shift smoothly. That's why upshifts when going up a hill were always so smooth for me. (And when I had to haul 400 lbs of sandstone in my trunk!).

It is amazing you have been able to perceive this after such a short time in the car.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Advanced

thinking of getting this kit also. I've been thinking of getting a set of 19" with good tires the tires alone are about 1000-1400. Plus the rims.

wheb you do the math this is just a bit more money but a good value. The msrp in the rims alone is about $2600 cad. Factor also the fact the labour is included so you basically paying about 3500 for everything.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Advanced

Shawn, at first, I was about to bring up a lot of old emotions about my 9 speed tranny and say that you are just another person trying to convince us the issue is not real...

But then I kept reading your post, and you are precisely correct. The way the initial tranny is set up is that it requires more weight, and engine power, to shift smoothly. That's why upshifts when going up a hill were always so smooth for me. (And when I had to haul 400 lbs of sandstone in my trunk!).

It is amazing you have been able to perceive this after such a short time in the car.
Hey ATXTLX, I'm an engineer and IT professional. I often ramble about things im passionate about (can't help it), but there's always substance in the things i say.

I spent the last 5-6 years putting 300,000kms on my 2003 TL, so yeah i drive a lot and really tuned in to how the vehicle works. It too has a similar system where it learns your driving style, and reacts differently based on various dynamics. I picked it up 2nd hand at 30K, and the pedal was non-responsive to the point where it took 1.5 seconds for it to take off whenever i floored it. The previous owner was an 75 year old man and he never pushed it at all. It took about 15K for it to learn and change its behaviour to a more agile nature, after which i expanded on its prowess with a CAI, headers, high flow cat, and cat back exhaust.

From there it turned in to the peppy (instant response) and fuel efficient (600km/tank city, 700km/tank highway) beast that i've fallen in love with. The engine kept getting stronger and stronger to the point where it somehow blew a hole through the flexy part of the J-pipe a few weeks back lol. I didnt sell or trade it in, i stored it because its an incredible machine and that played a huge role in my decision to get a new TL vs a Q50/70 or Jag XE/XF.

I was curious to test out my style because my old car started to shift more like i would in manual (stretching out the gears) when it was in automatic so i wondered if that learning ability was present in the newer generations.

It absolute is! So again, if you're having troubles with the 2-3 hard shift, you simply need to give the tranny more power instead of holding and waiting for it to time out and hard shift. The ZF 9HP48 is awesome, the problem is the weight of our vehicles. The 9-speed jeeps and range rovers dont have the same problem because of their extra weight and the lighter vehicles Chrysler/Fiat allow the transmission to shift through without hesitation.

The style i use most often is almost like bursts of throttle up to 65% with quick releases down to about 20% or even 10% after each shift instead of a constant 10-25% throttle. If you're thinking that it sounds like a waste of gas its not, my avg fuel economy was reading 8.1L/100kms last night and i'm just starting in to its second tank with about 75% city driving. I believe that short bursts of gas are more efficient than constant ones.

You wont need to do this forever, and its not as crazy or reckless as it may seem at first, the system will learn that you giver when you want to go and hold when you want to cruise. Off the bat, it doesn't know so it uses a default approach. That approach with the precise weight of our vehicles causes the hang. Adding weight isn't feasible, so we just need to change our behaviour a bit until it learns.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mksliao
thinking of getting this kit also. I've been thinking of getting a set of 19" with good tires the tires alone are about 1000-1400. Plus the rims.

wheb you do the math this is just a bit more money but a good value. The msrp in the rims alone is about $2600 cad. Factor also the fact the labour is included so you basically paying about 3500 for everything.
I figured the same, its not that bad of a deal overall, you can also see on the document i attached that the sales guy wrote out that it would cost $6749 separately. I take everything sales guys say with a grain of salt though.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Instructor

You wont need to do this forever, and its not as crazy or reckless as it may seem at first, the system will learn that you giver when you want to go and hold when you want to cruise. Off the bat, it doesn't know so it uses a default approach. That approach with the precise weight of our vehicles causes the hang. Adding weight isn't feasible, so we just need to change our behaviour a bit until it learns.
I actually don't have to do anything special anymore. Acura replaced my ZF 9 speed with a new build, and it shifts perfectly without doing anything at all. The transmission has a few mechanical differences to smooth these shifts out, but Acura won't tell me what they are.

I tried for 10 months to change my behavior. I couldn't. Plus, I think that is silly. I have driven 8 new cars in my life. I have never had to adapt my driving to my car. Kudos for you being able to, though. I hope others can reach this level of understanding of their TLXs.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:34 PM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
That's mean the solution for us first "wave" of adopters is to change the transmission ? That's mean is pointless to wait a "miracle" software update if they are mechanical changes on the transmission.
I wish Acura will change transmissions , but I highly doubted and it will leave us hopping up to our leases are up or sell the car.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Que pasa?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Advanced

I figured the same, its not that bad of a deal overall, you can also see on the document i attached that the sales guy wrote out that it would cost $6749 separately. I take everything sales guys say with a grain of salt though.
Just placed the order today, everything will be in tomorrow and I will have to schedule an appointment to get the kit installed. I was planning on nicer summer rims and tires next year anyways, this just makes a hole in my pocket this year instead of next.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Advanced

Question Kit & 3M Wraps vs. Winter Weather

Can anyone comment on if winter weather has damaged their kit last year?

I'm going to be wrapping the entire vehicle in 3M soon for protection as well as the kit. The wrap guy raised a good point Today asking if i was going to install the kit before winter hits or after it passes. Current plan was to get the vehicle wrapped, bring the kit to them when it arrives for wrapping, and then get the dealership to install the wrapped kit on the wrapped car.

Anyone have a wrapped vehicle? Any issues with winter weather?
Old 11-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I'm so thrilled, i managed to get my hands on a brand new fully-loaded 2016 TLX SH-AWD Elite A-SPEC yesterday and she'll be ready for pickup on Friday! I'm extremely lucky being able to scoop up one of very few 2016's that are out at select Canadian dealers ahead of general availability. I'm guessing it was meant to replace the showroom vehicle after they cleared out the 2015s.

I also have great news for the community... Acura is re-introducing the A-SPEC package for the 2016s! I however believe this is only a cosmetic kit, replacing last year's aero "launch kit".

The A-SPEC kit will arrive mid-november so i'll be driving her around naked for a couple weeks.

The A-SPEC Package Contains:
-Aero Kit (Front, Rear & Side Underbody Spoilers)
-Rear Decklid Spoiler
-19" Alloy Wheels
-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 245/40ZR19
-A-SPEC Fender Badging

MSRP $3999

-

I've searched the forum and wasn't able to find anything concrete about the 2016 TLX or the A-SPEC kit, am i the only one?!
Wondering if the 2016 tranny is shifting smoothly or is it jerky like the 2015s?
Old 11-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mondster
Wondering if the 2016 tranny is shifting smoothly or is it jerky like the 2015s?
I am getting my forum threads confused, but somewhere I read that an owner took their 2015 in for the AWD vibrations, and got a 2016 loaner. They said absolutely no shift problems. It was in all caps, actually.

For those affected by the 2015 transmission issues, I recommend going to your dealer and test driving a 2016 and comparing. Especially when we have been told there have been no changes. This could be your ammunition for getting a permanent fix.

Quick Reply: Just Bought: 2016 TLX SH-AWD Elite A-SPEC