Dont close the Thread quite often

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Dont close the Thread quite often

HI,
Why close the Thread, as long as the thread saying anything bad about TLX or Acura's disappointing direction?
1. Make me feel like I was in North Korea or the Communism country where I actually came from~~~ .
2. No complaints, no progress, even no Acura people would see our complaints here. but maybe those complaints can redirect buyers to other cars and hurt Acura's sale, then they realize the problem. Sophisticated way to let Acura know~~~
3. TLX really sucks, why prevent people from saying that? people said the truth. Do not kill the truth.
4. Try to bring back the topic when topic is off, instead of killing it.
5. no argument, no truth will make forum boring. then fewer people coming in. or just come in to ask question then go. Forum would be dying. it is sad

personal opinion. do not attack me.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...y-mods-953373/

As stated in the thread above, please PM me and I'm happy to engage in dialogue over any concerns. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by lltfly
HI,
Why close the Thread, as long as the thread saying anything bad about TLX or Acura's disappointing direction?
1. Make me feel like I was in North Korea or the Communism country where I actually came from~~~ .
2. No complaints, no progress, even no Acura people would see our complaints here. but maybe those complaints can redirect buyers to other cars and hurt Acura's sale, then they realize the problem. Sophisticated way to let Acura know~~~
3. TLX really sucks, why prevent people from saying that? people said the truth. Do not kill the truth.
4. Try to bring back the topic when topic is off, instead of killing it.
5. no argument, no truth will make forum boring. then fewer people coming in. or just come in to ask question then go. Forum would be dying. it is sad

personal opinion. do not attack me.

Just my 2 cents, but since you were nice about it, to address your concerns, and for the benefit of others.

1. This is a private forum, the what happened to "Free speech" argument doesn't apply
2. No issues with complaints, negative feedback, etc as long as it is done in a constructive manner. Having a group of people take over multiple things saying the same thing over, and over again is just not necessary, but that isn't why threads were closed.
3. Truth vs opinion, subjective vs objective. If you can't tell the difference, you're going to run into issues not just here, but in life in general.
4. Easier said than done when things are just too far off, and this is something that happens repeatedly.
5. Refer to number 2. Constructive negative feedback is fine, there are posters here that don't have much positive to say who have never even driven the car. Think about that for a second. Once again constructive feedback is fine, but a few people taking over every thread saying the same thing over, and over again, and going off topic is just beating a dead horse. We welcome discussion, and opposing viewpoints, but the opposing viewpoints by many non-owners should NOT discourage actual owners from posting in a forum dedicated to the vehicle they chose. That has been happening, and needs to stop. Some have gone so far as to be banned, and rejoin the forum under a different/new username. Of course we were watching, and when they went back to their ways, they were rebanned right away.

For any other clarification, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 01-10-2017 at 10:48 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
sbillard (01-11-2017), TSXV6Guy (01-19-2017), wlkeel (01-11-2017)