Deciding on the TLX..so confused

Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Deciding on the TLX..so confused

Hey guys, I'm really new the forum and would like some advice on the TLX.

I test drove the I4 and the SH-AWD today. I felt like the I4 was more fun to drive whereas the SH-AWD was more sturdy/planted. The extra HP from the V6 was definitely noticeable on the highway. That being said, the SH-AWD is a bit out of my budget if I want to get the tech package so I might settle on the I4 Tech or the V6 tech. Acura is having a promotion right now where you get $1000 discount on the I4 and $2000 discount on the V6. The quote I was given for financing the car pre-negotiation was as follow:

I4 Tech - $38690 - $1000 discount
Down payment $10,000
71 month term @ 3.99%
$262 bi-weekly

V6 Tech- $41,690 - $2000 discount
Down payment $10,000
71 month term @ 3.99%
$278.85 bi-weekly

How much do you guys think I can potentially lower the price by? I'm in Toronto, Canada. Also, although I'm not a fan of the shifter in the V6, I do like the extra HP. Is $2000 a decent deal for the V6 engine? Sorry I'm a really new to all this and this is going to be the first car I'm buying so I'm kinda lost and all over the place.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Instructor

Also just to add, when I test drove both car, it seemed like the V6 had a little bit more leg room even though I thought their dimensions were the same. When I asked the sales rep, she said the V6 does indeed have a little bit more room in the back. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
The choice is really up to you.

I really enjoy my i4 Tech. It's fun to drive and I get 38 MPG on the highway. I am not sure if I would like the push button shifter on the V6 due to the car wash mode and having to learn button positions. Also the VCM sounds like it would be an annoyance. I have over 10,000 miles on my TLX and I love the drive to and from work everyday.

Everyone will have an opinion. Enjoy your choice, whatever it is.

Let us know what you decide on and what color combo you go went with.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Instructor

The I4 is indeed fun to drive, but for $2000 more I can upgrade to the V6 which tempting lol. I also notice the audio quality on both the models I tried were kinda mediocre, my 08 Altima seems to have better sound quality =/.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vlke

I test drove the I4 and the SH-AWD today. I felt like the I4 was more fun to drive whereas the SH-AWD was more sturdy/planted. The extra HP from the V6 was definitely noticeable on the highway. That being said, the SH-AWD is a bit out of my budget if I want to get the tech package so I might settle on the I4 Tech or the V6 tech. Acura is having a promotion right now where you get $1000 discount on the I4 and $2000 discount on the V6. The quote I was given for financing the car pre-negotiation was as follow:

I4 Tech - $38690 - $1000 discount
Down payment $10,000
71 month term @ 3.99%
$262 bi-weekly

V6 Tech- $41,690 - $2000 discount
Down payment $10,000
71 month term @ 3.99%
$278.85 bi-weekly

How much do you guys think I can potentially lower the price by? I'm in Toronto, Canada. Also, although I'm not a fan of the shifter in the V6, I do like the extra HP. Is $2000 a decent deal for the V6 engine? Sorry I'm a really new to all this and this is going to be the first car I'm buying so I'm kinda lost and all over the place.

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest finding out the dealer's cost from car cost canada, and play off the local dealers against each other to get as close to invoice as possible...Dont forget to take into account additional fees like admin and documentation fees ....and dont pay extra for nitrogen in tires or glass etching...

I would be shooting for invoice + $500 with as low admin/doc fees as possible....You likely wont be able to do as well wrt invoice as American buyers can...do to relative lack of competition in the Canadian market..

You will likely do better price wise, if once you know for sure what you want, you deal directly with the new car sales manager , at dealers where you havent already involved a sales person....

You should be able to get to the bottom line real quick....I have found that going this route makes for a pretty quick and easy process....Just ask the sales manager what they will sell you the car for , with respect to invoice...., subtracting any applicable factory cash incentives from this total, and adding any doc/admin fees to this.....

They will generally shoot you a number right away, w/o any bs games....

You can try to get them to waive or lower the admin/doc fees, although I wouldnt hold my breath on that.....They generally have a target number for the lowest net profit they will sell the car for, and it doesnt matter how much of this profit is from the doc fee versus the amount paid over invoice as long as the total you pay meets their target...

Also be careful that you dont let the finance guy sell you as bunch of things you dont need...When you are signing the paperwork....

It doesnt matter which dealer you buy the car from , as far as warranty/ mechanical repairs are concerned....
Old 03-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Instructor

^^ Thanks for the info! The price I was quoted, includes taxes and stuff already so you're saying there's going to be a one time admin/doc fees as well when I sign? I guess once I've done some negotiating with the sales rep I can try to bring that to another dealership to see if they can beat it. Where would I be able to find out the dealer's cost?
Old 03-27-2015, 12:33 AM
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
This is basically what kws6000 stated, but make sure to focus on out-the-door (otd) price. I don't know about how Canada does things, but some dealers here in the US like to quote a low price, but then charge outrageous document and admin fees to make their profit. By focusing on otd price, you eliminate that as a concern. You may find it easier to negotiate based on the car itself then negotiate on additions later (which is what I did) or just include everything and focus on one, final price to be paid in total.

I found this site during my research which may help you: Best New Car Prices in Canada. Free Dealer Invoice Price. | Unhaggle

It is a Canadian site, much like TrueCar, Kelly Blue Book, etc. I believe they also have pre-negotiated prices as well (sometimes referred to as fleet sales). You should use this kind of site to find a good price range that might be considered reasonable.

By using this kind of info, I was able to get dealers bidding against each other well enough to get ~$1,200 under invoice... although it was all in the last 2 weeks of December so dealers were probably just trying to squeeze in one last sale for the year.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
You can also get the invoice prices for free from unhaggle.com.

It says invoice for the V6 Tech is C$38355, plus C$1995 freight/pdi plus any applicable government taxes/fees for tires and AC etc for your province. I would aim for another $2000 on top of the factory incentive at least.

When I bought my SH-AWD Elite, the dealer did not add any non-government fees.

Last edited by accord1999; 03-27-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Instructor

Thanks for all the info everyone! It really helps since I'm so new to car buying. Would trying to get $2000 discount on top of the price they quoted me + trying to get something like free tint, rustproof and weather mats too much to ask?
Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Instructor

It doesn't hurt to ask as the non-AWD V6s are probably the least popular in Canada. For example if you're paying in cash, the V6 Elite has a total of C$4000 in factory incentives.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Instructor

What do you mean by factory incentives? Are those discount the dealers will tell you upfront or you need to negotiate with them to get it. The sales rep I talked to only said there was a $2000 discount for the V6 models.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Instructor

What do you mean by factory incentives? Are those discount the dealers will tell you upfront or you need to negotiate with them to get it. The sales rep I talked to only said there was a $2000 discount for the V6 models.
These incentives are from Acura itself as part of a promotion and a reputable dealer should tell you about them upfront. Usually they change slightly at the start of the month and are of varying size depending on the model, popularity and payment method.

If you go to:

Get the best deals in Canada for the 2015 Acura TLX

and click on the Incentives tab, it'll give you a list of all Acura incentives for the different TLX models, including the $2000 finance credit you know of for the V6 Tech. In your place I would expect the price to be no higher than $41690 - $2000 Acura credit - >$2000 negotiation discount from the dealer.

Last edited by accord1999; 03-27-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by accord1999
These incentives are from Acura itself as part of a promotion and a reputable dealer should tell you about them upfront. Usually they change slightly at the start of the month and are of varying size depending on the model, popularity and payment method.

If you go to:

Get the best deals in Canada for the 2015 Acura TLX

and click on the Incentives tab, it'll give you a list of all Acura incentives for the different TLX models, including the $2000 finance credit you know of for the V6 Tech. In your place I would expect the price to be no higher than $41690 - $2000 Acura credit - >$2000 negotiation discount from the dealer.
Ahh gotcha! The more I'm think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the 2.4 Tech model. I'll do some negotiating and hopefully I can get something $38690 - $1000 current incentive for financing - $2000 extra in negotiating. Or if not $2000, maybe I can get them to throw in some accessories like installing the rear parking sensors lol!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts

Also, although I'm not a fan of the shifter in the V6, I do like the extra HP.
Welcome to the forum. What not to like with the V6 shifter? Neat looking, saves space, and there are very few driverless car washes in Toronto so no worry about trying to leave it in park. You quickly get used to not holding the gearshift lever. But if you are looking for just the Tech trim then get the i4 as it has enough power and slightly better mpg and saves you some cash.

Also just to add, when I test drove both car, it seemed like the V6 had a little bit more leg room even though I thought their dimensions were the same. When I asked the sales rep, she said the V6 does indeed have a little bit more room in the back. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks!
I'd call BS on that response from the sales rep.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Quandry
Welcome to the forum. What not to like with the V6 shifter? Neat looking, saves space, and there are very few driverless car washes in Toronto so no worry about trying to leave it in park. You quickly get used to not holding the gearshift lever. But if you are looking for just the Tech trim then get the i4 as it has enough power and slightly better mpg and saves you some cash.

I'd call BS on that response from the sales rep.
Yah.. I'm pretty sure the space is the extra same. I double checked the specs online and in the booklet the rep gave me. I guess I don't mind the V6 shifter that much, prob just need to get use it. If I don't get SH-AWD, then the I4 is the better choice?
Old 03-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ The V6 is pretty sweet and its stock wheels are better looking in my opinion.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Not knowing exactly where you live or what type of terrain you test drove on but if hills & mountains are in your future, I think you will appreciate the V6 power and the SH-AWD is great is there also is a lot of rain and/or snow in your future.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:18 PM
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You should really get the V6 if you can. Since I came from a 2007 TL V6 I never considered the 4 but I can tell u the 6 is silent, silky smooth, powerful and really fun to drive. Also a major selling point for me was the super cool and futuristic buttons for selecting gears. No more obtrusive archaic appendages sticking out from the center console like a sore thumb , no more shifting like a caveman this is the way all cars should b.
The following users liked this post:
Quandry (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Ahh gotcha! The more I'm think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the 2.4 Tech model. I'll do some negotiating and hopefully I can get something $38690 - $1000 current incentive for financing - $2000 extra in negotiating. Or if not $2000, maybe I can get them to throw in some accessories like installing the rear parking sensors lol!
An extra $2000 discount on the I4 would be a good deal in my opinion. I personally would go for the $ discount, but if you want the parking sensors then it's probably good alternative as well given how labor intensive it is to install.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone! It really helps since I'm so new to car buying. Would trying to get $2000 discount on top of the price they quoted me + trying to get something like free tint, rustproof and weather mats too much to ask?
It varies from area to area, but a further 2k discount is unlikely although it doesn't hurt to ask. You should negotiate a fair price - aka win-win - and start a good relationship with the dealership you are most comfortable with. In the Province where I live, there is only one, so the decision was easy. It pays off later and makes the experience of owning an Acura a pleasant one. As a long time customer i get to see the "Blue Screens" and I know what my sales guy makes, and what the dealer makes. That took several years of loyalty and trust to be built up. When I go in for a minor repair (today a broken clip on a gasket that was my fault, they usually take care of it for nothing. I get great personal service and to me that is worth more than saving a few more bucks on the car by grinding to the extreme.

As for strategy, I would negotiate any after market items like rustproofing, paint protection, etc. separately once you have negotiated a price for the car. These aftermarket items have a large mark-up and there is usually room to make an excellent deal for a package of 2-3 items.

In Canada, there is generally less room to haggle on a car, for a lot of reasons. In the US, you will find uneven prices that reflect, to some extent, the relative economic health of regions as well as the number of competitors. Another item to be aware of is that Canadian Acura customers get a 2% Acura Loyalty discount on a lease or financing rates, which is generally equivalent to getting 2k off the car. You may be able to get some of this further discount if they are eager for your business, but you won't get all of it.

As for the 2.4 vs the 3.5, go with what you really want and can comfortably afford, IMHO. I would simply add that if you want to go for the V6, it makes more sense to also get the SH-AWD, IMO. You avoid torque steer and tire spin if you are inclined to drive aggressively, although there are many happy V6 PAWS owners on this forum. My gut is after reading your posts that you are leaning to the 2.4. I drove both extensively and loved them, and would have bought the 2.4 Tech if they had any SSM-Grey leather combos in stock or being built. Ended up with the 3.5 SH-AWD and haven't looked back. Better to spend extra money on the Tech if you are comfortable with either power train.

Last edited by mapleloaf; 03-27-2015 at 09:07 PM.
weather (03-28-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:22 PM
Instructor

This is been very helpful, thank you all! I did feel like the 2.4 was a little bit more fun to drive but at the same time I really like the power of the V6 combined with SH-AWD. Only thing is, the V6 SH-AWD is a bit out of my budget at the moment. I'm considering the V6 as well since it's only $2k more than the 2.4 which I can afford. So I guess the proper negotiating strategy would be to decide which model I want to go with first instead of telling the sales rep I'm deciding between the 2.4 and V6 SH-AWD if the price for it is within my budget and see what the rep offers?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:00 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
If you tell the sales rep about the indecision regarding the 2.4 and V6, he basically got one of your ace card. Now if you want to negotiate on price he will try to sell you the 2.4 and vice versa. Never hand over the salesman all the cards you hold. Don't fall for the "what color car you like / we'll get them from anywhere" trap. Just ask him what colors and trims are available on the lot and you'll decide if you like them or not.
Be stern while dealing with the finance manager (while signing the check). Do not agree for any extra services such as paint protection, interior maintenance package, tire package and other BS packages. These are simply enormous profit monsters for the dealership as average customer tends to agree to some of them as they are at their most vulnerable time in the buying process. These packages mean nothing in real terms and what they do (if at all they do anything in the half an hour) is simply pour some glaze / interior protectant which you can get for $10-$20 from auto shops (and that too without any preparation), but they will charge anywhere from $300 - $900. Agreeing to even one of the package means that you simply gave away all the hard bargaining you had done half an hour ago. They will probably be laughing and "high fiving" each other as you drive out of the dealership in your new car.
Just say that you need some time to think about those packages and will get back to them later on. If they try to say that all cars sold there are prepared / clear coated by them and it is a routine there, just say that you didn't ask for it..they will simply waive the charge (since they haven't really done anything). New cars look, feel and smell good anyway so an average customer cannot tell the difference (unless you are a pro). If you really want the car detailed then use a separate professional detailer shop where your $$$ will be better spent than at the dealership.
Last but not the least, bring a trusted friend or relative with you while going to purchase (he/she can give more objective opinion at the crucial time even if he/she is not a "car guy"; believe me, you won't regret that)
Some of these are my personal experiences and others I learned by reading these forums.
Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by Comfy; 03-28-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Comfy
If you tell the sales rep about the indecision regarding the 2.4 and V6, he basically got one of your ace card. Now if you want to negotiate on price he will try to sell you the 2.4 and vice versa. Never hand over the salesman all the cards you hold. Don't fall for the "what color car you like / we'll get them from anywhere" trap. Just ask him what colors and trims are available on the lot and you'll decide if you like them or not.
Be stern while dealing with the finance manager (while signing the check). Do not agree for any extra services such as paint protection, interior maintenance package, tire package and other BS packages. These are simply enormous profit monsters for the dealership as average customer tends to agree to some of them as they are at their most vulnerable time in the buying process. These packages mean nothing in real terms and what they do (if at all they do anything in the half an hour) is simply pour some glaze / interior protectant which you can get for $10-$20 from auto shops (and that too without any preparation), but they will charge anywhere from $300 - $900. Agreeing to even one of the package means that you simply gave away all the hard bargaining you had done half an hour ago. They will probably be laughing and "high fiving" each other as you drive out of the dealership in your new car.
Just say that you need some time to think about those packages and will get back to them later on. If they try to say that all cars sold there are prepared / clear coated by them and it is a routine there, just say that you didn't ask for it..they will simply waive the charge (since they haven't really done anything). New cars look, feel and smell good anyway so an average customer cannot tell the difference (unless you are a pro). If you really want the car detailed then use a separate professional detailer shop where your $$$ will be better spent than at the dealership.
Last but not the least, bring a trusted friend or relative with you while going to purchase (he/she can give more objective opinion at the crucial time even if he/she is not a "car guy"; believe me, you won't regret that)
Some of these are my personal experiences and others I learned by reading these forums.
Good luck with your purchase.
Yes thank you for reminding me about those packages. I have heard from friends to steer clear of them as well. The only thing I really want is just tint and maybe rust proof/protection (I heard this one is okay to get?). I'm guessing if they don't have the color/trim I want then it has to be ordered which means added cost?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:49 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Yah.. I'm pretty sure the space is the extra same. I double checked the specs online and in the booklet the rep gave me. I guess I don't mind the V6 shifter that much, prob just need to get use it. If I don't get SH-AWD, then the I4 is the better choice?
I think if there is any difference is it that the seat back in the I4 is different than the V6. I think the V6 seat back is a little sculptured.

This is been very helpful, thank you all! I did feel like the 2.4 was a little bit more fun to drive but at the same time I really like the power of the V6 combined with SH-AWD. Only thing is, the V6 SH-AWD is a bit out of my budget at the moment. I'm considering the V6 as well since it's only $2k more than the 2.4 which I can afford. So I guess the proper negotiating strategy would be to decide which model I want to go with first instead of telling the sales rep I'm deciding between the 2.4 and V6 SH-AWD if the price for it is within my budget and see what the rep offers?
It is nice the have that V6 power. The I4 is not only cheaper to buy but slightly lower cost to operate and slightly lower to insure. I'd stick to your budget, or delay your purchase to raise an additional $2K.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:38 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
I'm guessing if they don't have the color/trim I want then it has to be ordered which means added cost?
No - they will do a dealer trade to get you what you want - they won't (shouldn't') charge you extra for it. It's good for them as they don't want you to search the internet (it's easy!) to find the dealer who has the color you want then drive over there to buy it.

You can negotiate the price for the car prior to making the color decision. I was on the fence about the color of the interior and didn't tell them what I wanted until we were on the last week of price negotiation. If they want your business they will find the color combo for you - you may have to wait an extra week or so though.
Comfy (03-28-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 09:23 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Yes thank you for reminding me about those packages. I have heard from friends to steer clear of them as well. The only thing I really want is just tint and maybe rust proof/protection (I heard this one is okay to get?). I'm guessing if they don't have the color/trim I want then it has to be ordered which means added cost?
All cars come from the factory rust-proofed already so paying extra for it is a waste of cash- don't do it. Also, you shouldn't have to pay more for a particular color (unless it's the only dealer around and you absolutely must have a certain color). Then they may give you the BS that you'll have to pay extra. I agree to negotiate the price before color selection.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ive been in a tlx tech v6 for a few days. very fun to drive, very alive- feels like a performance sedan. your spending so much money already dont be foolish and settle, unless you dont care about spirited driving.

Performance is a big part for me.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Going back to test drive the models again to make a final decisions. Its so hard to choose! Anyone brought a TLX 2.4 tech or SH-AWD tech in Toronto, Canada able to tell me how much they got it for? Would really help with the negotiation. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:23 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
That $4000 on the V6 AWD and the stop in production is a sure sign they are not selling band will have poor resale down the road. But if you like it and get the dealer to cut his margin enough on top of this (must be keen to sell)/go for it. Remember you can get the $4000 off even on a lease, just the interest rate will be higherm you can also consider using the money off to buy down the interest rate, and then bet all that money back at end of lease. I got zero percent by buying it down (multiple security deposits).
Old 03-28-2015, 04:22 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
No - they will do a dealer trade to get you what you want - they won't (shouldn't') charge you extra for it. It's good for them as they don't want you to search the internet (it's easy!) to find the dealer who has the color you want then drive over there to buy it.

You can negotiate the price for the car prior to making the color decision. I was on the fence about the color of the interior and didn't tell them what I wanted until we were on the last week of price negotiation. If they want your business they will find the color combo for you - you may have to wait an extra week or so though.
Exactly my point. If you tell them the exact trim / color packages you want before negotiation on price, they will get it for you from somewhere but you have already lost the potential bargaining range (if that is a term). They will attempt to include it as part of the deal saying they are already spending $500 or so to source/ ship the car for you. If possible you should search all the available dealers yourself until you find the exact car you want. Then start dealing on that car. Ignore everything else.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by a77
That $4000 on the V6 AWD and the stop in production is a sure sign they are not selling band will have poor resale down the road. But if you like it and get the dealer to cut his margin enough on top of this (must be keen to sell)/go for it. Remember you can get the $4000 off even on a lease, just the interest rate will be higherm you can also consider using the money off to buy down the interest rate, and then bet all that money back at end of lease. I got zero percent by buying it down (multiple security deposits).
Theres $4000 discount on the V6 AWD? I was told by the rep today theres a $1000 discount.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:12 AM
Instructor

Also for the Ide Stop feature on the V6 models, when you turn the feature off, does it turn back on itself when you restart the car?
Old 03-29-2015, 02:51 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Also for the Ide Stop feature on the V6 models, when you turn the feature off, does it turn back on itself when you restart the car?
That is only on the SH-AWD, not every V6.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by a77

Forgive me for butting in as I know this conversation is geared to Canada, but I wanted to point out that the V6 PAWS is NOT out of production for the US market. In fact, the V6 PAWS Tech and the I4 Tech US packages are the 2 top sellers here.

FYI
Old 03-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ I am not sure where this "stop in production" came from as well....I was wondering if a77 was referring to the brief period where they put a stop in production on the V6 because of the 9 speed inspection where the unit could slip in neutral? But that was a long time ago and no longer should be discussed, unless of course I missed something about a more recent "stop in production"?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
^ that was a Stop sale .. by the way
Old 03-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ Thanks for the clarification. You are correct and I'll play the "I am French speaking" card to explain the small miscommunication mistake
tlxsteve (03-29-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ Thanks for the clarification. You are correct and I'll play the "I am French speaking" card to explain the small miscommunication mistake
The word 'stop' was used
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Weather: Not to rain on your parade, but it is a bright sunny day here and the snow has almost all melted. I hope it is the same where you are located. Incidentally, French speaking people seem to consider "stop" as a suggestion, so that is why there could be a lot of confusion when it is used.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ Melting is occurring here as well and was able to drive the ILX today so things are looking up.

As far as the confusion, I had made a reference to a stop production when it wasn't the case, but rather a stop of sale (production was not stopped) and Stew4HD was correcting me on my choice of words
tlxsteve (03-29-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deciding on the TLX..so confused