Adaptive Cruise

Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Quandry
Driving home tonight the ACC cut out on the highway with a beep but stayed on when it was reselected. The car was quite filthy so I an putting it down to dirt. This is the first time that it has happened in 6 months.
Try figuring out where the sensor is on the front bumper and try to make sure it's clean. Also the glass in front of the camera on the top center of the windshield...
Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Can you imagine working at that dealership and then you have a customer having a tantrum and making demands? I have been in the waiting area and seen people act like that.. the others in the waiting area all look at each other and roll their eyes. I just shake my head. Some think that because they pay $XX means they are entitled to treat others that way.

The ole "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" sort of thing.
Thank you for the lesson mommy. You are ASSuming I was rude, I was not. Frustrated but not rude. Been on the job one month and insisting its supposed to cut off for "safety" and he was so sure.
The Actual Technician was very knowledgeable, We went for a test drive and of course it worked flawlessly. I messed around with steering wheel and it hasnt done that since. We will see.

FYI, the radar and sensors are not the bumper, its right behind the Rear view mirror on TLX. On RLX its on the bumper.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by open contact
Thank you for the lesson mommy. You are ASSuming I was rude, I was not. Frustrated but not rude. Been on the job one month and insisting its supposed to cut off for "safety" and he was so sure.
The Actual Technician was very knowledgeable, We went for a test drive and of course it worked flawlessly. I messed around with steering wheel and it hasnt done that since. We will see.

FYI, the radar and sensors are not the bumper, its right behind the Rear view mirror on TLX. On RLX its on the bumper.
I had to ASSume by what you wrote and also by your past posts, Richard, that you are one of those "Listen to me, listen to me now!!!!" types.

And call me Daddy!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Instructor

I had to ASSume by what you wrote and also by your past posts, Richard, that you are one of those "Listen to me, listen to me now!!!!" types.

And call me Daddy!
You are the reason so much mediocrity exists in this country and customer service is dying. Honey works for sometime , then all you get is vinegar. Would you say the same thing if you went to the doctor and you knew more about the problem than your doctor.
Before Acura or delarships lets these service and sales team loose, they should be trained properly and be required to pass a test to make sure they are knowledgeable. The trend i see at least in my dealership, they go thru sales and service "advisors" like m&m.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

You are the reason so much mediocrity exists in this country and customer service is dying. Honey works for sometime , then all you get is vinegar. Would you say the same thing if you went to the doctor and you knew more about the problem than your doctor.
Before Acura or delarships lets these service and sales team loose, they should be trained properly and be required to pass a test to make sure they are knowledgeable. The trend i see at least in my dealership, they go thru sales and service "advisors" like m&m.
Do you really want to go there with me? You, the person telling us that we need to move on because we still play CDs. That response told me all I needed to know about you. You whining in this thread backed up my initial impression. Blaming me for your problems or problems with the world? No surprise there.

I have no more to say about that... Here's tissue. I'm out
Old 03-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
.... Here's tissue. I'm out
...You can't use my g/f's quote on here man! You are killin' me.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
...You can't use my g/f's quote on here man! You are killin' me.
You just had to make it dirty, din't ya?!

Now dats fricken funny!
The following users liked this post:
weather (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Got walkman?

I dont want an outdated technology in my 2015 car.

Last edited by open contact; 03-13-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I hope I can play my 8 Tracks with that new gizmo

In all seriousness, I am amazed at how much technology has changed/evolved in the last 20-25 years!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Seems a little too late for that, but nothing lasts forever.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Got walkman?

Good thing they cater to only you. ...
Old 04-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine just done this again. Second time in 3000 miles. Mine will not restart unless I turn the car completely off. It's so annoying cause this time it happened on a long drive and i wasn't able to pull off and cut the car off. I tried cutting the main switch off for 10 minutes and then trying to set but I just kept getting the acc off message on the MID. Worked perfect after I restarted car.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Well actually, for both the TLX and RLX the radar send/receive sensor is behind the grill, specifically behind the chrome area with the Acura logo. The camera is behind the rear view mirror but as far as I know, the camera serves the LKAS, LDW and FCW system and not the CMBS and ACC system.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
I had the ACC off issue as well, when I first got the TLX. As it turns out, I had the front window tinted and the installer had slopped some water on the camera lens.

I would try to recall whether or not you've recently cleaned in that area. The cover surrounding all of that forward looking equipment is not sealed. I almost think they should mod the housing with a rubberized seal that fits flush with the windshield.

I was kind of in a quandary about how that affected ACC since it uses that sonar sensing equipment in the bumper, but apparently that is cross-linked with the cameras somehow. They cleaned the camera area (free of charge) and it never happened again.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MedX172
I had the ACC off issue as well, when I first got the TLX. As it turns out, I had the front window tinted and the installer had slopped some water on the camera lens.

I would try to recall whether or not you've recently cleaned in that area. The cover surrounding all of that forward looking equipment is not sealed. I almost think they should mod the housing with a rubberized seal that fits flush with the windshield.

I was kind of in a quandary about how that affected ACC since it uses that sonar sensing equipment in the bumper, but apparently that is cross-linked with the cameras somehow. They cleaned the camera area (free of charge) and it never happened again.
That's interesting to know! I did have my front tinted. It doesn't happen all the time though. Did you'd happen every time after it was tinted? Also, do you know how they cleaned or dried that?? Thanks!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dealgirl19
That's interesting to know! I did have my front tinted. It doesn't happen all the time though. Did you'd happen every time after it was tinted? Also, do you know how they cleaned or dried that?? Thanks!

No, it wasn't every time, it was intermittent. The system tries to work, but what happens is that when light shines towards the windshield it creates "star patterns" or refractive bursts in the camera system. It's really going to depend on where the sun is or how lights striking the camera. If the system can't maintain trajectory locks with the camera it disconnects.

It was a pretty simple process, they cleaned the camera area. They didn't have to calibrate it which would have been more involved. I'd imagine your camera could have soap bubbles that dried on it, that's creating the distortion, like mine.

I'd be very very hesitant to attempt a DIY because if you bump that camera and it goes out of alignment, it could really mess with more safety systems.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
I really think as a luxury brand Acura's process of hiring, training and educating their sales and service staff leaves a lot to be desired.
When I had Audi, their sales and service staff were so knowledgable, seems like Acura will hire any high school drop out.
Unfortunately it sounds like Acura is just not the brand for you. Your local Audi dealership would be more than happy to take your TLX as a trade, if you'd like I could provide you with their phone number.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pnoi521
Unfortunately it sounds like Acura is just not the brand for you. Your local Audi dealership would be more than happy to take your TLX as a trade, if you'd like I could provide you with their phone number.
I have been very loyal to Honda/Acura (Accord coupe, 4GTL, TSX, MDX), but have been very unimpressed with this whole buying and service experience of TLX. The car itself is fine for most part, and I have just come to realization that this car is not perfect and I just dont have the time to waste it at the dealership.

I have said it before, this car has a lot technology and Acura has released it without proper testing and quality control.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Ero
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have been very loyal to Honda/Acura (Accord coupe, 4GTL, TSX, MDX), but have been very unimpressed with this whole buying and service experience of TLX. The car itself is fine for most part, and I have just come to realization that this car is not perfect and I just dont have the time to waste it at the dealership.

I have said it before, this car has a lot technology and Acura has released it without proper testing and quality control.
Like any technology, it's tested and QCd in the R&D phase and then random samples pulled from the assembly line.

It's impossible to bench test every single component. Sounds like you just got a bad part. It happens.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Instructor

So before, the ACC when it was malfunctioning would refuse to get activated. But This morning, I was sipping on my coffee and ACC was active normal flow of traffic and dreaded "ACC off" message comes on and instantly turns off the cruise control. I was unable to set it to active for the rest of the commute.

As much as i hate it and dont have the time , I may need to take some action, after shelling out 40K and getting the Advance just because of the ACC , this is unacceptable. I am really disappointed at Acura.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Advanced

So before, the ACC when it was malfunctioning would refuse to get activated. But This morning, I was sipping on my coffee and ACC was active normal flow of traffic and dreaded "ACC off" message comes on and instantly turns off the cruise control. I was unable to set it to active for the rest of the commute.

As much as i hate it and dont have the time , I may need to take some action, after shelling out 40K and getting the Advance just because of the ACC , this is unacceptable. I am really disappointed at Acura.
Yes I agree. I dread taking it in because I live a good ways from the dealership and I'm sure they will want to keep it overnight. I too am disappointed that a $40k car has some many technical issues. I've had some pretty strange things happen. I've tried to keep notes on all of them but I'm sure the dealership isn't going to know what to do to fix unless I can duplicate in front of them.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
I started having the exact same problem this week. ACC was working and then stopped in the middle of a trip. I have not been able to get it to engage since. This is my second tech failure. I already had a wheel speed sensor replaced. I haven't had time to take it in yet. What concerns me is that there is no notification putt warning that the system is not working.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by smoore
I started having the exact same problem this week. ACC was working and then stopped in the middle of a trip. I have not been able to get it to engage since. This is my second tech failure. I already had a wheel speed sensor replaced. I haven't had time to take it in yet. What concerns me is that there is no notification putt warning that the system is not working.
I've never had it stop in the middle of s trip. For me, it just fails to activate when I try. But only twice. How many miles do you have on yours?

Has anyone had this issue addressed at a dealer and if so, what was the outcome?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Instructor

I called Acura Client care, the dude seemed to just be taking down information and taking notes. He either didnt know or wasnt supposed to help troubleshoot. After 1/2 hr on the phone he gave me a case#, was told someone will call back.

From what I understood, he said I have to take it to delaer and it has to be diagnosed. Kept telling him how its hit or miss and have loads of videos but wasnt getting anywhere. He gave me email, and emailed the Client care all the videos, we will see what happens. I am not holding my breath.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 AM
Instructor

So after with talking with a case manager at acura, she gave me the run around how she cant diagnose over the phone blah blah, long story short dropped her off yesterday morning and waiting to hear from them. I emailed them bunch of videos and have documented very well. Push comes to shove may need to take a legal action.
I bought the darn advance package just because of the ACC, otherwise i would have just gotten the Tech 4 cylinder.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Advanced

So after with talking with a case manager at acura, she gave me the run around how she cant diagnose over the phone blah blah, long story short dropped her off yesterday morning and waiting to hear from them. I emailed them bunch of videos and have documented very well. Push comes to shove may need to take a legal action.
I bought the darn advance package just because of the ACC, otherwise i would have just gotten the Tech 4 cylinder.

I totally agree. I called yesterday and was told if I can't replicate it at the dealership that they can't fix it How often is it happening for you? I use mine daily and it's only happened twice in 3800 miles. but still that's two times too many!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Instructor

Mine is more frequent, i use the ACC twice a day on nearyly 100 mile commute. It happens at least once/twice a week.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Advanced

Mine is more frequent, i use the ACC twice a day on nearyly 100 mile commute. It happens at least once/twice a week.
oh gosh! yes that's bad. mine only has failed to initiate also.. it has never stopped working in the middle of a drive. but to be honest, I've only used it for about 20-30 miles at a time... so I haven't put it to use like you have. Please update as to what you find out. I'm curious to know...
Old 04-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
TSB 15-027 - ACC OFF Message Appears when Activating or While Using ACC was released today for the 2015 Honda CR-V Touring models, which uses the multipurpose camera, so hopefully a TSB for the TLX is coming soon. It sounds like a similar issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by EE4Life:
smoore (04-24-2015), Stew4HD (04-23-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 04:26 AM
Racer

Well it turns out the ACC is fine and I am an idiot. I was activating the switch to turn on the ACC but not setting the speed fast enough. It shuts down after about 3 seconds if you do not set the speed in that time frame. Mine is working just fine now. I realise this isn't the problem being discussed by others on this thread but thought I would mention my stupidity in case it helps someone.
HattoriHonda (04-25-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

^Please explain as there may still be something amiss. There is the ACC Main button that turns the system On of Off. I leave it in the On setting all the time and that is not changed when the car is turned off. If the system turns off 3 seconds after you have used Main to turn it on then there is a problem.

Press down on the RES/+/SET/- switch anytime after ACC has been turned on. There is no fast enough or 3 second factor involved.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Racer

No that is not the mistake I was making. I leave the main button on also. When I engage the ACC button below the steering wheel the icon on the mid comes on, in my case, with 2 horizontal bars which indicates that the ACC is active. My mistake is that I have not been activating the set speed control on the right spoke of the steering wheel quickly enough. If I am too slow to do so, then the horizontal bars deactivate and the ACC turns itself off before I have set the speed.

I hope that explanation is clearer.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nope, it does not. There are 4 buttons associated with ACC:
- ACC Main to turn the system on or off
- Up/down flicker for RES/+ and SET/- used to set, resume, increase or decrease the set speed
- Cancel to cancel the current set speed
- Distance to cycle between one to four bars

None of these has a timing limitation. I think there is a problem with your car.
smoore (04-27-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Instructor

car was in the dearship 2 days, was told they did extensive testing and they were not able to duplicate the issue. I showed them numerous videos, but was hitting a brick wall. guess i will just have to deal with it.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Ero
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
car was in the dearship 2 days, was told they did extensive testing and they were not able to duplicate the issue. I showed them numerous videos, but was hitting a brick wall. guess i will just have to deal with it.
Escalate - contact customer relations and send them your video. Tell them you love the car but this is a problem. If they don't budge, Let them know you'll be speaking to a lemon law attorney and you have video evidence.

Try the carrot first but if it doesn't work try the stick.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ero
Escalate - contact customer relations and send them your video. Tell them you love the car but this is a problem. If they don't budge, Let them know you'll be speaking to a lemon law attorney and you have video evidence.

Try the carrot first but if it doesn't work try the stick.
They have all the videos, that I emailed them, and I have confirmation that They have received it. I have been very loyal to hinda and acura but I feel like TLX wasnt adequately tested and QC on it is very poor. A lot of people have problems with their RLX as well. If it happens enough, I may have to go the stick route. the chick at the client care couldnt care less. This car may actually very well be my last Acura. "we are sorry, you have problem with ACC, no one elas has reported or has this problem." I was like really , have you checked the acura forums? Guess ignorance is bliss.

Thank you for providing this correspondence. We have added your communication to your file and forwarded it to your District Case Manager Katrina for review.
Kind regards,
Acura Client Relations
Reference #B012015-04-160142
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Quandry
Nope, it does not. There are 4 buttons associated with ACC:
- ACC Main to turn the system on or off
- Up/down flicker for RES/+ and SET/- used to set, resume, increase or decrease the set speed
- Cancel to cancel the current set speed
- Distance to cycle between one to four bars

None of these has a timing limitation. I think there is a problem with your car.
I turn on the main switch that activates the green lights on the dash for ACC and LKAS. I then turn on the distance to cycle and finally I set the speed for ACC. The main switch is always on. It is when I turn on the distance to cycle switch that I only have a few seconds to activate the set speed flicker or the distance bars deactivate.

I seem to recall that the distance bars would remain on for longer but I am not sure of that. However, if I activate the speed set when the bars are activated everything works fine. Even if this behaviour is not correct, the system works fine with this limitation and I am not inclined to leave it with the dealer for several days to get it addressed.

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Has anyone whose recently had these problems asked the Service Department to check the lens on the Camera in the windshield for dirt/contamination?

I had this problem, but I'd had my front window tinted. The actual cause was overspray during that installation that resulted in some soap spots on the lens. The sporadic problems occur when the sun shines into the camera in such a way to create radiant star bursts in the camera system. Since it can't maintain positive path vectors it disconnects the ACC.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by smoore
I turn on the main switch that activates the green lights on the dash for ACC and LKAS. I then turn on the distance to cycle and finally I set the speed for ACC. The main switch is always on. It is when I turn on the distance to cycle switch that I only have a few seconds to activate the set speed flicker or the distance bars deactivate.

I seem to recall that the distance bars would remain on for longer but I am not sure of that. However, if I activate the speed set when the bars are activated everything works fine. Even if this behaviour is not correct, the system works fine with this limitation and I am not inclined to leave it with the dealer for several days to get it addressed.

Thanks for your input.
This worked for me. Kind of weird, have not had to do this for several days of driving, but now I had to. It works, and I'll try to remember to try it whenever it says ACC not available, more than likely after a few inside voice cuss words.