2017 TLX New Colors Available (Red/Grey/Silver)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 TLX New Colors Available (Red/Grey/Silver)

I recently started a sales job at my local dealer, and found out today some facts about the 2017 TLX on a website we use. As you can see there are some color changes. BTW I took a screen shot for the 4cyl but there all the same color combos

Differences: New colors! San Marino Red (Replacing Basque Red and similar to the red concept we all loved and wish they produced that color), Modern Steel Metallic (replacing Graphite Luster Metallic), Lunar Silver Metallic (Replacing Silver Slate Metallic). Also looks like you can get new combinations such as before Fathom Blue was only available with gray stone and now can be black interior (yes im talking about US models)

As far as other information besides colors I DO NOT KNOW (my guess is no other changes). Also no idea on release date. Most changes PROBABLY will come not till the 2018 model year. The only thing I know is the color chart, thats it!

ENJOY!

Color Chart:

Name:  Screen%20shot%202016-06-24%20at%205.41.12%20PM_zpswjl47qy2.png
Views: 1428
Size:  93.3 KB

San Marino Red on 2017 ILX

Name:  r_zpsmo8za00w.jpg
Views: 2583
Size:  73.1 KB

Lunar Silver Metallic on Civic

Name:  s1_zpsfxipkznb.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  24.8 KB

Modern Steel Metallic on Accord

Name:  ms1_zpsal93tz4a.jpg
Views: 2174
Size:  226.8 KB
The following 3 users liked this post by spoiler900:
CTNYC (06-28-2016), Curious3GTL (06-25-2016), wlkeel (06-25-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
As much as people complained that the Red from the prototype didn't make it to production, they still won't buy Red in big numbers.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiler900
I recently started a sales job at my local dealer, and found out today some facts about the 2017 TLX on a website we use. As you can see there are some color changes. BTW I took a screen shot for the 4cyl but there all the same color combos

Differences: New colors! San Marino Red (Replacing Basque Red and similar to the red concept we all loved and wish they produced that color), Modern Steel Metallic (replacing Graphite Luster Metallic), Lunar Silver Metallic (Replacing Silver Slate Metallic). Also looks like you can get new combinations such as before Fathom Blue was only available with gray stone and now can be black interior (yes im talking about US models)

As far as other information besides colors I DO NOT KNOW (my guess is no other changes). Also no idea on release date. Most changes PROBABLY will come not till the 2018 model year. The only thing I know is the color chart, thats it!

ENJOY!

Color Chart:

San Marino Red on 2017 ILX

Lunar Silver Metallic on Civic

Modern Steel Metallic on Accord

I've been resigned to the fact that Acura will most likely NOT update their infotainment system, add Android Auto/Carplay, or dump the ZF tranny in 2017. That being sad, I hope at the very least they will offer the full Acurawatch suite on the 2017 TLX. Every single other Acura model has offerred this as an option on the 2016 models: RDX, MDX, ILX, etc. To not offer Acurawatch on a 2017 TLX would be completely asinine. All I want is a TLX that does not have the ZF tranny (I'll just get the 4 cyl) with the current Tech Package and Adaptive Cruise Control. Apparently that is too much to ask for a 2017??

Honda Accord has had all this and more since 2016 - a powerful smooth V6 and load of tech, including full HonaSensing, Garming GPS, Android Auto/Carplay. Other than the sound system not being the best (I heard its the same as the base Acura), the Accord Touring offers a lot for its price, especially at a discount.

If Acura does not at least offer AcuraWatch in 2017 TLX, I'm tempted to buy a 2016 Honda Accord Touring at discount, now that the 2017 Accord announced, and drive it for 2-3 years in hopes Acura can get their act together with the TLX in that timeframe. It looks like they're taking their time.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Very true about the 4cyl needing AcuraWatch. Adaptive Cruise Control is my #1 favorite feature and the only reason I got the advance pkg, so wouldnt even consider test driving the 4cyl since it didnt offer it. Lets hope your right and they do offer it! For the ilx/rdx/mdx you can get the base with just acurawatch so lets see! Fingers crossed
Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Racer

Very true about the 4cyl needing AcuraWatch. Adaptive Cruise Control is my #1 favorite feature and the only reason I got the advance pkg, so wouldnt even consider test driving the 4cyl since it didnt offer it. Lets hope your right and they do offer it! For the ilx/rdx/mdx you can get the base with just acurawatch so lets see! Fingers crossed
How do you like your TLX? How do you like the transmission?
Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Racer

Even the Advance Package is not the full Acurawatch suite.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraGuy2016
Even the Advance Package is not the full Acurawatch suite.
so fill me in, what does the advance not have when it comes to the "full Acurawatch suite?"
Old 06-24-2016, 09:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nexx
so fill me in, what does the advance not have when it comes to the "full Acurawatch suite?"
OK, yeah - upon reading it again the Advance Package basically is AcuraWatch. Totally worth it for sure. How bad is the ZF on the 2016? Worried about both performance and reliability. Seriously thinking about getting an Accord Touring for a few years to tide me over.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
OK, yeah - upon reading it again the Advance Package basically is AcuraWatch. Totally worth it for sure. How bad is the ZF on the 2016? Worried about both performance and reliability. Seriously thinking about getting an Accord Touring for a few years to tide me over.
Test drive it. I have a 2016 and have no complaints. The tranny is MUCH better than the 2015s were. However, you have to decide if you can live with some delay when downshifting from 9th to 4th on a highway pass. I have no problem with it because I just plan a second ahead (it takes about 1.5 sec in the 2016 whereas it was about 2-3 sec in the early 2015 builds). Plus the dog clutch design allows for lower frictional losses so you get better fuel economy in high gear. I'm willing to deal with that tradeoff, and when I don't want to deal with it, I'll drive in Sport+. You only know if you'll like the drive if you test drive the car, for at least an hour.
The following users liked this post:
nore03 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 10:52 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Lunar Silver Metallic has that blue tint to it, right? I don't get why they can't make a normal silver!
They need to get their head out of their asses and bring back Silver Moon, or some kind of silver without blue!
Old 06-24-2016, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by atl7
Lunar Silver Metallic has that blue tint to it, right? I don't get why they can't make a normal silver!
They need to get their head out of their asses and bring back Silver Moon, or some kind of silver without blue!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Lunar Silver is more of a purer silver than the current blue-tinted silver Acura is using on the TLX. Lunar Silver is closer to Silver Moon, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by a35tl
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Lunar Silver is more of a purer silver than the current blue-tinted silver Acura is using on the TLX. Lunar Silver is closer to Silver Moon, if I'm not mistaken.
I hope so! Some pics online of Hondas have a blueish tint, others don't. Will have to wait for the '17 MDX to arrive to see what it looks like.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:41 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
I've been resigned to the fact that Acura will most likely NOT update their infotainment system, add Android Auto/Carplay, or dump the ZF tranny in 2017. That being sad, I hope at the very least they will offer the full Acurawatch suite on the 2017 TLX. Every single other Acura model has offerred this as an option on the 2016 models: RDX, MDX, ILX, etc. To not offer Acurawatch on a 2017 TLX would be completely asinine. All I want is a TLX that does not have the ZF tranny (I'll just get the 4 cyl) with the current Tech Package and Adaptive Cruise Control. Apparently that is too much to ask for a 2017??
The TLX very likely won't get Acurawatch as standard until the MMC comes out for 2018. The RDX, MDX, ILX, etc are on their MMC which is why they have it. If Acura offers it for the 2017 TLX, then they won't have much left if anything to offer for the MMC update... which kinda defeats the purchase of the MMC.

Continually bringing this up isn't going to make Acura offer it on the 2017 TLX.

Last edited by AZuser; 06-25-2016 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by youngTL
Test drive it. I have a 2016 and have no complaints. The tranny is MUCH better than the 2015s were. However, you have to decide if you can live with some delay when downshifting from 9th to 4th on a highway pass. I have no problem with it because I just plan a second ahead (it takes about 1.5 sec in the 2016 whereas it was about 2-3 sec in the early 2015 builds). Plus the dog clutch design allows for lower frictional losses so you get better fuel economy in high gear. I'm willing to deal with that tradeoff, and when I don't want to deal with it, I'll drive in Sport+. You only know if you'll like the drive if you test drive the car, for at least an hour.
EXACTLY! In a typical 5 gear tranny when you pass a car on the highway it needs to go from 5th to 3rd gear (only 2 gears) but with the 9 speed it needs to go from 9th to 4th (woah 5 gears) so yes theres like a 2 second delay. As mentioned above, you just plan 2 seconds ahead, its a learning curve

As far as a jerky tranny I have a 2015 model (jan 2015 build date) and its near pefect. A bit harsh in sport + mode (but hey its supposed to be) so no complaints
Old 06-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AZuser
The TLX very likely won't get Acurawatch as standard until the MMC comes out for 2018. The RDX, MDX, ILX, etc are on their MMC which is why they have it. If Acura offers it for the 2017 TLX, then they won't have much left if anything to offer for the MMC update... which kinda defeats the purchase of the MMC.

Continually bringing this up isn't going to make Acura offer it on the 2017 TLX.
Acura offered Acurawarch as option on ILX in 2016 MMC and RDX MMC in 2016. BUT the MDX MMC is 2017 and the MDX had Acurawatch as an option in for 2016, a year before the 2017 MMC. I've heard the ILX compared to RDX and the TLX compared to MDX. There is NO REASON why 2017 TLX wouldn't offer Acurawatch unless Acura was just being cheap with the assembly lines, opting to change nothing until 2018 MMC. If so that will be sorely disappointing. Unfortunately I'm at the point now where I'll need a vehicle by year end. I don't like the ILX NVH and size. If I can get a deal I'll seriously consider an Accord Touring for a few years. While it's a safe bet the 2018 TLX will offer Acurawatch, the jury is out whether it will offer Android Auto and a new tranny on the V6. The Accord Touring offers all of that.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

2017 MDX will have Acura watch STANDARD on all trim levels. So hmmm, maybe the 4 cyl will get acura watch soon. I guess we will have to wait and see!
Old 06-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm surprised that they got rid of the graphite, that was one of their best selling colors. It's good they have an actual silver now instead of the slate silver, but other than that none of the color combo changes seem that great
Old 06-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by a35tl
I stopped by a storage lot close to my house where the local Honda dealer stores its cars. To me, the lunar silver looks darker than a purer silver, such as BMW's glacier silver, Toyota's classic silver, or Honda's alabaster silver. The lunar silver reminded me of Honda's Signet Silver Metallic, which they used beginning in 2000 on the Accord. From my memory, the Signet Silver Metallic was even darker, sort of a cross between a pure silver and dark gray.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:03 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Many others have said it on this forum before, but I will say it again - I totally despise the fact that Honda and Acura share body colours. When people criticize that Acura is a tarted up, fancy Honda, then Acura goes ahead and uses some of the same body colours as Honda. Well, Acura only has themselves to blame!!!
silverTL6 (07-04-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
DITTO!! Why must Acura screw with pure silver in ever gen of the TL/TLX and then go back to pure silver for MMC. I wonder how many sales they loose because people don't like a blueish silver? I hate thie Forged Silver almost as much as the Palladium Metallic of the 4G, the only difference here is at least the TLX in bright sunlight looks silver, on overcast days or in the garage it looks BLUE!! If I were betting I sense that when my lease is up I will be gone form Acura for a while again, tranny, infotainment and color choice really suck.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KeithL
DITTO!! Why must Acura screw with pure silver in ever gen of the TL/TLX and then go back to pure silver for MMC. I wonder how many sales they loose because people don't like a blueish silver? I hate thie Forged Silver almost as much as the Palladium Metallic of the 4G, the only difference here is at least the TLX in bright sunlight looks silver, on overcast days or in the garage it looks BLUE!! If I were betting I sense that when my lease is up I will be gone form Acura for a while again, tranny, infotainment and color choice really suck.
Yep I wanted silver for my TLX but I couldn't do slate silver, no baby blue for me! It's probably the most popular color on the road and it's for a reason, don't know why Acura had to mess with it. I drove the '17 A4 again last night and that 7spd dual clutch is a dream. I'm giving my TLX a chance after this new transmission, we'll see.

Back on topic, I'm interested to see the lighter grey as I like how dark my graphite TLX is. In direct sunlight I don't like modern steel, but it seems fine in other weather. I'm glad they're keeping black copper, I think it's cool how it can look black in most situations but in the sun it's a dark brown.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Yep I wanted silver for my TLX but I couldn't do slate silver, no baby blue for me! It's probably the most popular color on the road and it's for a reason, don't know why Acura had to mess with it. I drove the '17 A4 again last night and that 7spd dual clutch is a dream. I'm giving my TLX a chance after this new transmission, we'll see.

Back on topic, I'm interested to see the lighter grey as I like how dark my graphite TLX is. In direct sunlight I don't like modern steel, but it seems fine in other weather. I'm glad they're keeping black copper, I think it's cool how it can look black in most situations but in the sun it's a dark brown.
The Lunar Silver has less blue in it than the Slate Silver so this color choice Acura is making is the right one if you wanted a silver with less blue.

I think maybe they moved away from Graphite Luster because they have Black and Black Copper Pearl to satisfy people who want "dark" colors - the Fathom Blue Pearl is pretty dark too. They also seem to want to brighten up the lineup in general as San Marino Red reads "brighter" than the Basque Red Pearl and the Lunar silver doesn't have the blue tint which can "darken" it.

Actually too the new colors are a little cleaner - Black Copper Pearl still reads as multiple colors but modern steel, san marino red, and Lunar Silver are all very clean and basically only read as one color.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Racer

Acura TLX and Honda Accord are both built in the Marysville OH factory - they probably use the same paint.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by iutodd
The Lunar Silver has less blue in it than the Slate Silver so this color choice Acura is making is the right one if you wanted a silver with less blue..
And there is Acura's issue, ANY blue is too much, maybe it is is me, but with Silver being one of the top 3 car colors find me another car make that constantly screws with silver as much or even at all? Why not take White and give it an Orage hue or something even stupider? Or black with Green tint.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Racer

^^^
Exactly! Why should there be any blue in silver? It's just not necessary. It would be the same kind of outrage if Acura just had black copper pearl and no crystal black. In my opinion, 3 colors that should always be offered w/o being messed with are black, white, and silver (maybe grey too). Sure, they're not unique but they appeal to many buyers.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
On many of its cars, Lexus has two silvers - pure silver, and a darker silver/light gray. However, I noticed that Toyota has gone to only a darker silver on the Camry and Avalon. I like the lighter silver better.

I was checking out information online on the new Accord hybrid, and saw that Honda has gone with two colors that I really dislike - a baby blue and a gold.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:32 AM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
As much as people complained that the Red from the prototype didn't make it to production, they still won't buy Red in big numbers.
If a good looking red is offered they sure as hell will. Most reds, however, are terrible.
I am hoping for candy apple red.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:34 AM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I agree. The blue tint is the reason I skipped silver.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

I SAW PICTURES! Photos of the TLX in bright red and in the new silver. SOO GORGEOUS. Im not normally a fan of either color but hot damn did it look good. I snapped some photos will upload in a few days.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Racer

I SAW PICTURES! Photos of the TLX in bright red and in the new silver. SOO GORGEOUS. Im not normally a fan of either color but hot damn did it look good. I snapped some photos will upload in a few days.
You have access to the new 2017 TLX? Do you know when it is being released? Any chance we can get Acurawatch in a 4 cylinder Tech in 2017 MY or do we need to wait for 2018 MMC?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Ok, I saw a brochure of 2017 Acura accessories and so it had photos of the 17 tlx with all the accessories on it. Everything looked the same, same body, same accessories, only difference was the car was in the new colors. I have NO other info.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Put up the pics
07Acuradude (06-30-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Id like to see the new silver....
Old 06-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Ok, I saw a brochure of 2017 Acura accessories and so it had photos of the 17 tlx with all the accessories on it. Everything looked the same, same body, same accessories, only difference was the car was in the new colors. I have NO other info.
i never trust pics in brochures or web sites, colors are poorly represented and likely heavily touched up. I will wait to see one in person.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:33 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
well isn't that a kick in the testicles. I wanted a nice red.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Acura offered Acurawarch as option on ILX in 2016 MMC and RDX MMC in 2016. BUT the MDX MMC is 2017 and the MDX had Acurawatch as an option in for 2016, a year before the 2017 MMC. I've heard the ILX compared to RDX and the TLX compared to MDX. There is NO REASON why 2017 TLX wouldn't offer Acurawatch unless Acura was just being cheap with the assembly lines, opting to change nothing until 2018 MMC. If so that will be sorely disappointing. Unfortunately I'm at the point now where I'll need a vehicle by year end. I don't like the ILX NVH and size. If I can get a deal I'll seriously consider an Accord Touring for a few years. While it's a safe bet the 2018 TLX will offer Acurawatch, the jury is out whether it will offer Android Auto and a new tranny on the V6. The Accord Touring offers all of that.
I think Acura had a goal for MY 2016 that Acurawatch would be available in each of their models. Not each trim, but each model. That may be why they put it on the MDX outside of an MMC or FMC. It is available on the TLX from the start. I think they will wait to the MMC to make it available as an option on all trim levels of the TLX.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:12 PM
OOOOOH

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
YES!!! Finally Fathom Blue w/ Black interior. Love the blue exterior, but REFUSE to own a car long-term with that crappy light gray interior. This means I may try to wait until 2018 to get a CPO 2017 model... the waiting game continues.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
^^^
Exactly! Why should there be any blue in silver? It's just not necessary. It would be the same kind of outrage if Acura just had black copper pearl and no crystal black. In my opinion, 3 colors that should always be offered w/o being messed with are black, white, and silver (maybe grey too). Sure, they're not unique but they appeal to many buyers.
Some people (me) don't like the "plain silver" . Acura should offer both.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:11 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by CoquiTSX
Some people (me) don't like the "plain silver" . Acura should offer both.
I agree, my last car was a stereotype silver Lexus, and I had a silver Honda prior to that car in the early 2000's.

I bought a SSM TLX because it's silver, but it has that slight grayish blue hue...aka slate...and looks different in sunshine than it does at night or cloudy weather.

I agree they should probably have both available, but as far as colors go, I love my SSM exterior with ebony interior.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:10 PM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
a few days or weeks?

Quick Reply: 2017 TLX New Colors Available (Red/Grey/Silver)