With 2017 ILX already released, is 2017 TLX coming soon?

Old 06-24-2016, 09:19 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne
If Acura puts the SH-SH-AWD system on the TLX and, for example, also includes additional features such as a sport-tuned suspension, gunmetal painted wheels, larger ventilated front disc brakes, larger sway bars and better audio system, etc. etc. (i.e. changes the RSX Type-S had), then okay, call it a Type-S.
Even is Acura doesn't make a sh-sh-awd and just sticks with the sh-awd (sport, bring back the Legend name, or Type-S), Acura still has:
- the Krell audio system wasting away on the RLX,
- sh-awd drive system that can reprogrammed for 50/50 or more for more rear bias in +sport mode
- bump the hp to +310hp
- add 6MT
- adaptive suspension (air or magnetic shocks/struts)
- sport tuned exhaust note
- improve intake
- sporty seats
- add a S/C to the 3.0L/7DCT MDX engine combo (hopefully this combo can fit into the TLX).

Acura/Honda has this strict rule of hierarchy of each model level below has to have less than (luxury, tech, hp/tq, capabilities). All the above parts are sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I would love for Acura to make luxury TLX and a sporty TLX in the 2.4L and 3.5L models.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:58 AM
2011 CBP TL Tech

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Even is Acura doesn't make a sh-sh-awd and just sticks with the sh-awd (sport, bring back the Legend name, or Type-S), Acura still has:
- sh-awd drive system that can reprogrammed for 50/50 or more for more rear bias in +sport mode
- bump the hp to +310hp
- add 6MT
- improve intake
- sporty seats
- add a S/C to the 3.0L/7DCT MDX engine combo (hopefully this combo can fit into the TLX).

Acura/Honda has this strict rule of hierarchy of each model level below has to have less than (luxury, tech, hp/tq, capabilities). All the above parts are sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I would love for Acura to make luxury TLX and a sporty TLX in the 2.4L and 3.5L models.
This is a good point. Acura could potentially just forego a SH-SH-AWD TLX altogether. Maybe the current SH-AWD TLX will be adapted for a Type-S version. Acura really needs to pull themselves together. And I would like to believe they have some good stuff coming with the NSX coming out the way it did and the Precision Concept they did and their whole re-commitment to "precision crafted performance" tagline. Maybe it's all just BS. They need something that gets people excited that is actually reasonably affordable (unlike the NSX). And they need to use and leverage the Type-S moniker consistently (ex. an ILX Type-S would turn some heads potentially) and more often (every year - because why shouldn't they?).
Old 06-24-2016, 12:46 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne
This is a good point. Acura could potentially just forego a SH-SH-AWD TLX altogether. Maybe the current SH-AWD TLX will be adapted for a Type-S version. Acura really needs to pull themselves together. And I would like to believe they have some good stuff coming with the NSX coming out the way it did and the Precision Concept they did and their whole re-commitment to "precision crafted performance" tagline. Maybe it's all just BS. They need something that gets people excited that is actually reasonably affordable (unlike the NSX). And they need to use and leverage the Type-S moniker consistently (ex. an ILX Type-S would turn some heads potentially) and more often (every year - because why shouldn't they?).
I would simply be happy if Acura puts Acurawatch on all TLX trims (at least Tech and Above) and ditches the ZF for the 6 cylinder. That and that alone will get me in a TLX now. Infotainment upgrade will be a plus, but the former are necessities. Only reason why I haven't purchased thr 4 cyl is lack of Acurawatch - it is available on every other model Acura offers except the TLX.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
The ILX offers Acurawatch, but did not think the NVH was Acura level. TLX so much nicer. Heck the ILX doesn't even come with adjustable lumbar - I found the Honda Accors EXL Sensing V6 superior to ILX Tech Plus except for the audio syste. Put Acurawatch in the TLX!!
Old 06-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
- bump the hp to +310hp
- add 6MT
- improve intake
- sporty seats

Good features. I would like to add heated / cooled front and rear outer seats with better leather.

SHAWD cannot provide constant torque to rear wheels, physics limitations. Whatever torque transfer unit they use to transfer torque to rear wheels will blow off due to friction if used constantly. So this is not achievable with just software reprogramming, and it wont happen before FMC.

If not hybrid, then honda will not spend money to develop a new engine for 2 years just for Type S TLX. And whatever new turbo engine (if any) they develop, it will be first used in RLX FMC.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:14 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Originally Posted by alpha0
SHAWD cannot provide constant torque to rear wheels, physics limitations. Whatever torque transfer unit they use to transfer torque to rear wheels will blow off due to friction if used constantly. So this is not achievable with just software reprogramming, and it wont happen before FMC.
I not looking for constant tq to rears. My RDX is about 70%-90% fwd during hard acceleration and I really have to push the RDX hard to get anything over 30% TQ to the rear or to one rear tire during a tight turn. Normal driving the TQ is usually 50/50 for my RDX and switches to fwd bias during acceleration and hard turns. I've never seen my rear tq more than my front TQ in my RDX.

My MDX is still mostly fwd bias; but, I've seen my MDX send 70% of tq to the rear tires on inclines and the same amount of TQ to the outer rear tire during a tight turn. The MDX sh-awd can send more rearward tq in "awd" and switch to "sh" mode fast and sooner just in normal driving. Even at a right hand turn at a stop sign the sh-awd can send 20%-30% of TQ to the outer wheel to aid in stability for the big girl. I would want the same sh-awd programing for the sh-awd TLX like the MDX at a minimum; but, more rearward TQ in sport+ mode would icing on the cake.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Racer

My MDX is still mostly fwd bias; but, I've seen my MDX send 70% of tq to the rear tires on inclines and the same amount of TQ to the outer rear tire during a tight turn. The MDX sh-awd can send more rearward tq in "awd" and switch to "sh" mode fast and sooner just in normal driving. Even at a right hand turn at a stop sign the sh-awd can send 20%-30% of TQ to the outer wheel to aid in stability for the big girl. I would want the same sh-awd programing for the sh-awd TLX like the MDX at a minimum; but, more rearward TQ in sport+ mode would icing on the cake.
If it is possible, i agree they should do that for TLX also. Sometimes I get a feeling that choice of tires, suspension, brakes etc was such that when they bring Type S, they can show delta over base shawd..
Old 06-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I not looking for constant tq to rears. My RDX is about 70%-90% fwd during hard acceleration and I really have to push the RDX hard to get anything over 30% TQ to the rear or to one rear tire during a tight turn. Normal driving the TQ is usually 50/50 for my RDX and switches to fwd bias during acceleration and hard turns. I've never seen my rear tq more than my front TQ in my RDX.

And this is why, while technically inferior, I preferred the Qauttro in my Audi 40/60 all the time until there was power loss to a while.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nexx
Look for the MMC TLX to be released March of 2017 with a new aspec model with its own front and rear bumpers. no slapons. and yes it will have the new grill and exhausts pipes. im hoping for a bit on the horsepower but at least a more aggressive suspension setting for the aspec. 2018 Type-s will be released and it will have nice jump in power.
Did you get any more updates about A-spec or Type S models?
Old 09-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I am looking forward to see what the MMC will bring.....Hopefully they'll ditch the stupid ZF unit!