Excelerate Performance A full service speed shop offering performance parts for your Acura

Excelerate Performance's Feedback Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Excelerate Performance's Feedback Thread

Now that we have on our own forum I'd like to dedicate a thread specifically to feedback for Excelerate Performance. We strive to do our best for all our customers. Please leave us feedback here, whether you are a past customer or a present customer.

Also, if you have a matter that needs attention, please email us at sales@excelerateperformance.com or call us for the quickest response. This thread is designed for overall feedback once the transaction has been completed. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
hsinkwu (11-02-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Excelerate is Excellent!

Josh recommends great products for your needs and is always in Communication with the buyer.

two thumbs up!
The following users liked this post:
HEAVY_RL (12-12-2014)
Old 05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, will be using again in the future.

Ordered an alignment kit from excelerate and it was here within a week. Helped me figure out what i needed and what was best for me, constantly stayed in contact and answered every question i threw at him, no matter how ridiculous or novice they were.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I purchased Stoptech cross drilled and slotted rotors with pads. Great response time to all my questions, fast shipping, and great pricing when all packaged together. I look forward to future orders with them!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Cruisin'

GREAT SERVICE!!!! I called and got a recommendation on brakes and ordered on on monday night, they were shipped on Tuesday and I got them Thursday. THANKS XLR8!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Instructor

Great Service!!! Ordered HID bulbs, rotors, brake pads as well as the cat-back. Answered all my questions and received all of them fast. still enjoying them till this day

Will buy again hands down.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Outstanding seller! Bought a pair of Rotora Pads and a pair of Rotora slotted rotors for the fronts a couple years ago, I then ordered a set for the rears when my car was at 24K miles. Very fast shipping to NY and awesome customer service!

Josh your the man!!!

P.S. I think I need new pads again my car is at 50K miles, will order soon!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Link to some feedback posted by another AZiner.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/excelerate-performance-836570/
Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
XLR8 is a great vendor..always willing to help you no matter what..i def will purchase things in the future.always a hassel free transaction..and i always get an itch to participate in GB's..keep them coming!!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 PM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Quick process and shipment on my Stoptech BBK and Progress RSB! Still thinking about the throttle body spacer. Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Excelerate did an awesome job with the group buy for the Progress 24mm adjustable RSB for the 3rd gen TL. My order processed right away after I joined in on the group buy and paid. Not just that, but they wasted no time in shipping my order .
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Excellent company to do business with. They had the pleasure of providing me with my first official modification and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Thank you all for the feedback and most importantly the business. We appreciate it!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Elegance

Hi Excelerate,

I sent you an email through your website last Sunday about my rotors. I know sometimes the website contact forms don't work so I will post my question here.

I order rotors from you last summer (slotted) and they were great up until this past spring. Every time I would brake, they would shake my pedal real hard and the whole car would vibrate. I took it to my mechanic a few months back and he said they were rusted but he may be able to turn them. He said it was just rust that built up, so I figured it may wear off (after accumulating in winter) and if it didn't I would have him turn them.

After I took it in to him again about 3 weeks ago, he said they were rusted too bad and he said there was nothing that he could do. He advised me to get new rotors. After looking at what I paid (around $400) I am having trouble justifying paying for new rotors after only having them a year. Is there any kind of warranty on these things or do you stand behind them in any way.

I had more details in my email or purchase date etc. so if you still have it, it may be worth referring to that.

I appreciate your help in advance. Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lavo
Hi Excelerate,

I sent you an email through your website last Sunday about my rotors. I know sometimes the website contact forms don't work so I will post my question here.

I order rotors from you last summer (slotted) and they were great up until this past spring. Every time I would brake, they would shake my pedal real hard and the whole car would vibrate. I took it to my mechanic a few months back and he said they were rusted but he may be able to turn them. He said it was just rust that built up, so I figured it may wear off (after accumulating in winter) and if it didn't I would have him turn them.

After I took it in to him again about 3 weeks ago, he said they were rusted too bad and he said there was nothing that he could do. He advised me to get new rotors. After looking at what I paid (around $400) I am having trouble justifying paying for new rotors after only having them a year. Is there any kind of warranty on these things or do you stand behind them in any way.

I had more details in my email or purchase date etc. so if you still have it, it may be worth referring to that.

I appreciate your help in advance. Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
Chris
Chris, we responded to your email the day you had sent it. Please send us the email again from the same address and I will re-forward the email.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
MV612

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Hello XLR8

I just want to take a little time out of my daily life and say thank you for providing great service and communication with your company. I will be sure to tell my family, friends and web site forums about your great service that I had have with you. In this day, it's hard to find great customer service. Your company has prove to go above and beyond the requirement.
Thank you
Le K-
You guys email me about a part not in stock and we work something out and you shipped the same day thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Cruisin'

Another great experience with you guys, ordered new brake pads Monday morning received Tuesday!! Thanks again!!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Noob

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good vendor and very pro active. I purchased coils and camber kits from these guys.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
08 WDP ASPEC TLS 6SPD MT

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ordered catback exhaust didnt know it was to be made on order until i called them...stuck waiting 2-3 weeks
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Team SSM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Ordered the 6000k Kaixen HID bulbs from Excelerate last monday. Received the next day!! Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
Great people to work with. Very helpful with questions and they will point you in the right direction for whatever parts you are looking for. Extremely fast shipping also. Thanks again
Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 205 Likes on 180 Posts
Got the motor mounts, pulley set, and stainless steel brake lines as well. All great products. Planning on ordering their high flow cat as well sometime soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all the feedback and compliments. We appreciate it!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
09 TL Tech

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ordered Tein SS coilovers for my TL. No joke they showed up on my door step the next day!!! Great customer service. I Look forward to doing business with them in the future.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Great Service.

I ordered some Kaixen 6000K D2R bulbs for my 2002 TL a few years ago from Excelerate and they worked great, lasted about 2.5 years or so (maybe a little more, can't remember) until one of the bulbs went out last Christmas. I ordered a new set and received them January of this year (they were shipped fast! ) and had someone install them. I made a mistake of waiting a few months to get them installed because I was at school, and I rarely used my car while I was at college and didn't have an immediate reason to have them installed and get both headlights working again. After they were installed a couple months ago, they worked perfect for about 2 days, and then one of the bulbs stopped working. I took it to a shop and they said that "both of the (New) bulbs had gas leaks in them." My mistake, is that I drove around after ordering them 6 months earlier, and now it makes me look bad, coming back to the seller saying "hey, these bulbs just went out on me after 2 days, even though I bought them from you 6 months ago" So here's my feedback. The first Kaixen 6000K HID D2R bulbs I ordered were fantastic, and I loved them. The second Kaixen 6000K HID D2R bulbs I ordered early this year, one bulb went out after 2 days, and the other has been working perfect for about 3 months since I had them installed. I can't decide whether I should take my chances and order another set now, or go elsewhere with my purchases. All in all I've had great customer service with Kaixen and I know they do a great job of supplying all of us with great products. I'm just frustrated that a bulb I bought only lasted 2 days and not sure what to do for a new bulb now.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered last month a nonres cat back, jpipe, test pipe, high flow cat, short throw shifter, and a super charger kit. needless to say i am probably his biggest customer this month!! taking a while to receive everything because of his vendors being backed up (nothing xlr8 performance can do but bug them for me) but Josh has been so responsive with all my questions, even my "I know nothing" questions. They will do all my work and my 105k service as well. Supporting the small businesses!! Thank you!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigeshorte45
I ordered some Kaixen 6000K D2R bulbs for my 2002 TL a few years ago from Excelerate and they worked great, lasted about 2.5 years or so (maybe a little more, can't remember) until one of the bulbs went out last Christmas. I ordered a new set and received them January of this year (they were shipped fast! ) and had someone install them. I made a mistake of waiting a few months to get them installed because I was at school, and I rarely used my car while I was at college and didn't have an immediate reason to have them installed and get both headlights working again. After they were installed a couple months ago, they worked perfect for about 2 days, and then one of the bulbs stopped working. I took it to a shop and they said that "both of the (New) bulbs had gas leaks in them." My mistake, is that I drove around after ordering them 6 months earlier, and now it makes me look bad, coming back to the seller saying "hey, these bulbs just went out on me after 2 days, even though I bought them from you 6 months ago" So here's my feedback. The first Kaixen 6000K HID D2R bulbs I ordered were fantastic, and I loved them. The second Kaixen 6000K HID D2R bulbs I ordered early this year, one bulb went out after 2 days, and the other has been working perfect for about 3 months since I had them installed. I can't decide whether I should take my chances and order another set now, or go elsewhere with my purchases. All in all I've had great customer service with Kaixen and I know they do a great job of supplying all of us with great products. I'm just frustrated that a bulb I bought only lasted 2 days and not sure what to do for a new bulb now.
Shoot me an email with your info and we will take care of you.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigToys32
Ordered last month a nonres cat back, jpipe, test pipe, high flow cat, short throw shifter, and a super charger kit. needless to say i am probably his biggest customer this month!! taking a while to receive everything because of his vendors being backed up (nothing xlr8 performance can do but bug them for me) but Josh has been so responsive with all my questions, even my "I know nothing" questions. They will do all my work and my 105k service as well. Supporting the small businesses!! Thank you!
Thank you for your patience and your business. We appreciate both.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks & typo

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Shoot me an email with your info and we will take care of you.
Thanks I will asap. In my feedback I stated "All in all I've had great customer service with Kaixen and I know they do a great job of supplying all of us with great products." That was a typo, I meant to say, "All in all I've had great customer service with EXCELERATE and I know they do a great job of supplying all of us with great products."
Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Josh for President

Great customer service....great communication, great products....
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hey I just installed your xlr8 v2 exhaust today and I've gotta say what an experience! Your exhaust system is THE best one I've ever owned. i cant stop driving my car...ive already filled up twice! Made me regret getting the rv6 v3 off the BM -__- thanks again for a great product man you just scored a new xlr8 customer!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Moe5193
Hey I just installed your xlr8 v2 exhaust today and I've gotta say what an experience! Your exhaust system is THE best one I've ever owned. i cant stop driving my car...ive already filled up twice! Made me regret getting the rv6 v3 off the BM -__- thanks again for a great product man you just scored a new xlr8 customer!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 AM
FwC
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I've purchased XLR8 Mounts, and a UR stock sized pulley set from Excelerate Performance. I have no complaints and was happy with the service.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM
keep it clean

Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Big props to XLR8. I ordered their quad exhaust for the 3GTL and was told it was going to take roughly two weeks. I was cool with it, but find out it's already on its way two days later. Ordered on Feb16th and got it today, Feb 22nd. Already have it installed and I'm impressed. The exhaust is well built and sounds great. Also, Josh is a great guy and gets back to you quickly.

This isn't the first time I've bought something from XLR8 and it will not be my last.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 PM
06 ASM TL

Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Ordered my slotted stop-tech brake package two days ago, received today. Awesome shipping & great looking product! Won't have chance to install for at least a week but still excited. Look forward to doing future business with XLR8
Old 12-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Thank you for all the positive feedback!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:44 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fitment issues.

Bought a catback exhaust for my 3g tl-s. The resonator hits the side wall of the car and makes loud vibration noise when at idle. New to acurazine so still learning how to post pic. Will post as soon as I catch on.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by mj1234
Bought a catback exhaust for my 3g tl-s. The resonator hits the side wall of the car and makes loud vibration noise when at idle. New to acurazine so still learning how to post pic. Will post as soon as I catch on.
If you can, please email us at Sales@ExceleratePerformance.com with pictures, your contact information, and a description of your issue. We can certainly find a resolution.