Weathertech Floor Mat Ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weathertech Floor Mat Ripoff

I bought a pair of the Weathertech floor mats for the front seats of my 2011 Acura RDX. I was impressed with the TV commercials that show the footwell being laser scanned to ensure a perfect fit for the mats. I'm normally an Amazon shopper, but I bought these directly from Weathertech because Amazon didn't have the right ones.

The floor mats got here over the holidays, so they sat for a week while I was busy with other things. When I got around to installing them, I found that, no, they don't fit perfectly like the TV commercial showed. They were not formed correctly to fit the footwell, and the attachment points didn't match the Acura points. I put the mats back into the box to be returned.

I emailed Weathertech and explained why I wanted to return the mats. Two weeks later, when I hadn't received a reply to my email, I called them. The company is in Illinois, so I called them in the morning PST so I would catch someone in. They don't have an 800 number, so I called on my cell. My call was 28th in the queue, so I put the cell on speaker and went back to what I was working on. After a 15-minute wait, my turn came up.

The woman who helped me was very nice. Apparently, she gets a lot of calls like mine. I didn't mention the email that I sent 2 weeks ago, I just asked for return instructions. She told me to box the mats back up, write the Return Auth # on the outside, and ship it back to them. When they receive the mats, they will credit me the original purchase price. Note that they don't credit me shipping. It originally cost me $15 to have them shipped to me, and it will cost ME $22 BUCKS ship them back. So, I AM OUT $38 because of Weathertech's misleading advertisements about the precision of their product's fit.

I'll never buy anything from Weathertech again unless it's through Amazon, which is much more consumer-friendly in their shipping policies.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
WeatherTech is a fairly well trusted brand. What did she say about them not fitting? Maybe a bad batch? Mislabeled mats? I've used them in the past and they fit perfect (not for my RDX).

Las year, I found the factory RDX mats online for substantially cheaper than the WeatherTech's.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:33 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just put Weatertech mats in my 2011 RDX including the cargo liner. Perfect fit. Perhaps you received a set of the wrong year/model?
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (02-04-2017)
Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been happy with the fit of my front WT's in my 2011. My rear mats seem to be curling a bit though near the back top edge - but still generally o.k. I'll be taking a heat gun to them and reforming them a bit. My only other complaint is that the drivers mat could have covered the left foot rest a bit higher than it does - but still is doing a great job of controlling snow/muck.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BobandCec
I've been happy with the fit of my front WT's in my 2011. My rear mats seem to be curling a bit though near the back top edge - but still generally o.k. I'll be taking a heat gun to them and reforming them a bit. My only other complaint is that the drivers mat could have covered the left foot rest a bit higher than it does - but still is doing a great job of controlling snow/muck.
Mine are doing that and I called WT. DO NOT take a heat gun to them. She told me to wash them out bring them inside (room temp, I'm in Canada) once they hit room temp, flip them inside out, she said don't worry they wont break. I said are you sure? She said yes we do it here every day. So once we get our vehicle back from the shop, I'll be trying her suggested method. Leave them flipped inside out for 48 hours, flip them back and install.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The WTs for my 2011 fit perfectly, perhaps WT sent the wrong year/model?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:11 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
When I ordered them for the front on my 07 RDX teo years ago, they sent me two drivers sides...

eBay seller said he had never heard of this happening before...

I was also surprised that the attachments points were off from OEM but kniwing fitment, i didnt need them...

There aren't many 1 gen RDX's out there, and aftermarket parts amd accessories are slim and half assed at best, however, I'm very satisfied...

Much better than the OEM carpet which EVERYTHING seems to stick to on Acuras!!!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I ordered a set of front mats for my 2010 Acura RDX of Amazon and they fit perfectly. I'm so happy with them I'll be ordering a set for the back seats and one for the cargo area. Already added them to one of my lists in Amazon. I have the "Honey" extension and I've marked them for price watch and if/when they go down in price I'll pull the trigger on them.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:40 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I ordered the factory all weather floor mats from the oem Acura factory website. They work great, and hook right up the the factory hooks. Those factory carpets got worn right through too the carpet underneath. These rubber ones are the best they hold everything in and are much easier to clean. I highly recommend them to you.